1.Sebastian — “Tonight” added to the Luau soup dialogue
On Summer 10, Sebastian says:
「今夜のルアウスープに何を入れるか考えたか?
オレは何がいいか分からないがな・・・お前が決めてくれ!」
However, the English dialogue says:
“Have you thought about what you’re going to put in the luau soup?
I have no idea what’s good… you’re the chef!”
The English text does not mention “tonight.”
Since the Luau takes place on Summer 11, the Japanese 「今夜の」 makes it sound like the Luau soup will be prepared or eaten that same night, which is inconsistent with the event schedule.
I think 「今夜の」 may have been added unintentionally in the Japanese translation. Something like 「ルアウのスープに何を入れるか考えたか?」 would match the English more closely and avoid the timing issue.
⸻
2.Wizard — Inconsistent capitalization of the gold symbol
The Help Wanted board displays the reward as “700G”, while the same quest’s completion screen displays “700g”.
⸻
3.Evelyn — Duplicate particle 「を」
Evelyn’s dialogue contains a duplicated 「を」:
「それじゃ、貼りだしてたお知らせをを見てくれたんだね。すごく助かるよ。」
The 「を」 is duplicated in 「お知らせをを見て」.
It should presumably be:
「それじゃ、貼りだしてたお知らせを見てくれたんだね。すごく助かるよ。」
⸻
4.Clint — Unnatural phrasing in quest completion dialogue
After completing Clint’s Help Wanted quest, he says:
「ありがとな。鉱石は持って帰っていいぜ。みんな質は良いだ。」
The final sentence, 「みんな質は良いだ」, sounds unnatural and grammatically incorrect in standard Japanese.
「良い」 is an い-adjective, so adding 「だ」 directly after it in this sentence does not produce a natural sentence. It also sounds inconsistent with Clint’s usual way of speaking.
Possible natural alternatives would be:
「みんな質は良いな。」
「みんな質はいいぜ。」
「みんないい品質だ。」
Or, more naturally:
「どれも質がいいな。」
The intended meaning seems to be that all of the ore is of good quality. Could this sentence be checked?
⸻
5.Leo①ー Unnatural phrasing in dialogue「おり」
Leo’s dialogue:
* English: “Can’t talk right now. I have to really focus…”
* Japanese: 「今はおりできないよ、マーレ。集中したいんだ…」
The word 「おり」 seems incorrect here and makes the sentence unnatural in Japanese.
I attached screenshots of both the English and Japanese versions for comparison.
This appears to be a Japanese localization/typographical error.
⸻
-Leo②ー「乾いている」
I noticed a possibly misleading Japanese translation in Leo’s dialogue.
English:
“Uncle Linus says I should ‘cook’ my fish before eating it… I’m having a hard time getting used to it…
so dry…”
Japanese:
「魚を食べるときは 料理をした方が良いってライナスさんが言うんだ」
「ぜんぜん慣れないよ…とっても
乾いてるから…」
The Japanese 「とっても乾いてるから」 is understandable, but it can sound like the fish itself has been dried or preserved, such as dried fish or jerky, rather than that the cooked fish has a dry, flaky texture.
For this context, something like 「パサパサしてて」 or 「パサついてて」 might convey the meaning of the English “so dry…” more naturally to Japanese players.
This is a minor wording issue rather than a mistranslation, but I thought it might be worth mentioning because the current wording can make the meaning a little confusing.
⸻
Leo③ — Missing 「み」 in dialogue
Leo’s dialogue says:
「ジャスはボクたいなやつを好きになると思う?」
It appears that the 「み」 in 「みたいな」 is missing.
The sentence should be:
「ジャスはボクみたいなやつを好きになると思う?」
「ボクたいな」 is not a natural Japanese expression, while 「ボクみたいなやつ」 means “someone like me.”
This seems to be a typo or missing character in the Japanese localization.
⸻
Leo④: 「博識な町民」になるための高速バス
English: “I’m on the fast track to becoming a ‘well-rounded citizen’… whatever that means.”
“Fast track” is an idiom meaning a quick/direct route toward achieving something. It appears to have been translated as 「高速バス」 in Japanese, which changes the meaning.
⸻
6. Caroline & Kent — Repeated grammatical errors in the same dialogue template
I found another dialogue with the same wording pattern as Caroline’s line.
Caroline:
「あなたはピエールは「トルティーヤ」を見るといやなからものすごく嫌いなんだって。やってしまった身だからよくわかってる。」
Kent:
「あなたはヴィンセントは「粘土」を見るといやなからものすごく嫌いなんだって。やってしまった身だからよくわかってる。」
The same phrases appear in both dialogues:
「あなたは○○は」
「○○を見るといやなから」
Both sentences are grammatically unnatural and difficult to understand.
The English version of Caroline’s dialogue is:
“Did you know that my husband hates ‘Tortilla’? He finds it absolutely nasty. I learned that one the hard way.”
I don’t have a screenshot of Kent’s English dialogue, but I took a screenshot of the Japanese version because the same wording pattern appears there.
This seems to be an issue with a shared dialogue template rather than an isolated typo.
⸻
7. Jodi — Unnatural colon in dialogue
Jodi has more than one dialogue with the same punctuation:
「気を付けてね:ケントは刺し身がほんとに大嫌いみたい。思い浮かべるだけでも気がめいるらしいよ。」
and:
「気を付けてね:ヴィンセントははちみつ酒がほんとに大嫌いみたい。思い浮かべるだけでも気がめいるらしいよ。」
The colon after 「気を付けてね」 feels unnatural in Japanese.
The English version uses:
“A word of warning: …”
The colon is natural in English, but in Japanese, something like 「気を付けてね。ケントは…」 or 「気を付けてね。ヴィンセントは…」 would sound more natural.
I included both Japanese examples because the same punctuation appears in both.
Game version: 1.6.15.1
Build: 25156
Device: iPhone 17
iOS: 26.6.2
Language: Japanese
Single player, no mods