Pet bowl/greenhouse glitch

• Windows 11
  • Shadow on pet bowl seems to glitch when walking by, only when its placed on this spot in front of the greenhouse
  • Does this in all seasons
  • Four corners farm
  • Did not glitch in original place when I started the farm
  • Haven't yet tested it in other locations
20240715182240_1.jpg
20240715182243_1.jpg

Last edited:

EmptyOyster

Newcomer
I'm playing multiplayer with my friends and everytime I place a floor from the catalogue down and leave my house it reverts back however if it's a store bought floor it's fine. Non of my other friends and experiencing this bug and I'm really confused, the wallpapers work fine just not the floor. I am married to Haley but my friend who is married to Emily is not experiencing this issue at all. I didn't change my floor before marrying Haley so I have no idea if it was working before that. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Sounny

Rancher
On two different new files when Demetrius asked what cave type I wanted. I picked, yet no matter which I selected, fruit or mushroom, nothing happened. Both caves remain empty. These occurred during single-player and, PC on Steam and English language.

Ikarius

Newcomer
in-game language: Portuguese
game version: 1.6.8 (Steam)
Whenever I open the game my FPS drops absurdly, I know I can fix this by changing it to compatibility for 32 bit systems, but this option takes away the possibility of playing with mods. Does anyone know how to fix this without changing the compatibility version? I've always played normally, I have 132 hours of play, but out of nowhere this started to happen.

in-game language: Portuguese
game version: 1.6.8 (Steam)
Whenever I open the game my FPS drops absurdly, I know I can fix this by changing it to compatibility for 32 bit systems, but this option takes away the possibility of playing with mods. Does anyone know how to fix this without changing the compatibility version? I've always played normally, I have 132 hours of play, but out of nowhere this started to happen.
Do you have Vsync enabled? I've had lagging/stuttering problems sometimes with Vsync in the past. Or, have you tried messing around with any of the other in-game graphics settings?

R1P

Newcomer
For about 2 months now (y3 Fall-y4 Spring) the weekly order board just shows two blank options. There is no error text. I am on Windows 11, English, single-player, and unmodded.

image.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Sticky Peanit

Newcomer
Hello there!

The game crashes on Spring 2 Year 1, the night following the first day of free roam gameplay. It doesn't seem to matter when I go to bed, what I'm holding, which farm I'm on, or what I have/have not interacted with throughout that day. It always crashes, every time, the exact same way. I go to bed, select 'yes' to the question about going to sleep through the night, a black screen comes up with 'Saving' on the bottom left-hand corner, the screen freezes, the background music stutters, and then the game closes. This all happens very quickly after clicking 'yes.' When I have loaded up a farm created before the 1.6 update and slept, this crash did not occur. This only happens when I try to sleep on any new farms I try to make. After the game crashes and I relaunch there is no loadable save from the crashed game despite it saying it successfully saved the first night. The save file is present in %appdata%/stardewvalley/saves though.

No error message appears on screen or in game, but a .txt file appears in the errorlogs folder after every crash. It is identical every time the crash occurs (which is well over 10 times now). I have attached the most recent attempted save file and the .txt error log associated with the same run.

The OS on my PC is Windows 11. It was originally installed with 10 and later upgraded to 11 when it was available. My in-game language is English. The crash occurs in single-player (I haven't tested it in multiplayer). I bought the game through GOG. It is un-modded currently, though I had modded on previous runs. However, I had removed all mods and did a fresh install of the game before playing the 1.6 update.

Please help! I so want to play the new update. 😭

Attachments

Kewada

Greenhorn
Bug
Animal catalogue bought.
on days when marie is on ginger island u cannot buy animals just accsess the regual shop.
it works just fine if on other days when marnie is not around.

ZOLTAKO

Newcomer
Bug windows 10 steam
when i triggered the abigail flute scene in the mountians, i chose the "I like the weather" option, she told me to hide under a tree that was not there (there was only a sapling).
1721296891944.png

it's nothing severe, but I think that the game should spawn a full grown tree there for the scene to make sense.

KittyPajamas

Greenhorn
On certain screens (Steam Deck or Steam Deck connected to TV, in this case), if I've activated the Statue of the Dwarf King and/or Statue of Blessings, when the tool bar moves to the top, the last two slots are obscured. More if I have other buffs active. See image:
1721313760343.png

• English
  • single-player
  • UI Scale set to 90% or 85% (my norms, have not tested others)
  • Toolbar not locked
  • Zoom Level 75 to 85% (my norms, have not tested others)

kat05

Greenhorn
Hi! playing on Windows, single-player, I'm on Spring 3rd and can't enter my coop anymore - I enter through the door and can move forward a bit but then get stuck at this shadowed line on the floor and I have no idea why but it means I can't feed my animals or collect their eggs :(

rynoth

Newcomer
I've got a frustrating bug here. Yesterday my wife and I were playing for the first time and got to mid first summer. We log off for the night after a auto save and when I try to go set up the host world on multiplayer online like I had it, I the host keep getting "connection failed" while loading the world. We are both playing on Xbox series x. I've tried everything I could think of.

Purpl3Assassin

Greenhorn
Hello, my daughter and I are trying to play on online hosted xbox 1. Both of us keep disconnecting. We have tried single player and tried to host on multiplayer. If we can get it to load it disconnects us after a few minutes. Almost like a timer. We cleaned our local saved games and restarted our xboxes and routers with no luck. Is there a know issue I don't see, or do we need to do something else to fix this? We love this game and thanks for the help.

SperryShoes

Newcomer
Not modded on Mac OS 15.0 Beta (24A5289h). During the Stardew Valley Ice Festival, I started the competition, and in the middle of it I headed home. When trying to right click and use my sword (or right click on any other item) it casts my fishing rod... See fishing rod cast while I have my return scepter out.

Attachments

SperryShoes

Newcomer
Not modded on Mac OS 15.0 Beta (24A5289h). During the Stardew Valley Ice Festival, I started the competition, and in the middle of it I headed home. When trying to right click and use my sword (or right click on any other item) it casts my fishing rod... See fishing rod cast while I have my return scepter out.
Ok the issue persisted into the next day. Reloading the game fixes it. (but still a weird bug)

Animcube

Greenhorn
Hello, the bug with dialog boxes with a choice of the latest Steam version of the game 1.6.8 on Windows x64. No mods, no file replacement, in a clean game. The moments with the choice of a replica are displayed absolutely incorrectly, instead the character lists both the options and the answers to them. This happens in the Russian language of the game, everything is fine in English. It takes place in both single and multiplayer mode. The screenshots below show the same moment in the game as an example.

Attachments

celie

Greenhorn
m just starting to venture into the mines (day 12, spring year 1) and as soon as I start attacking a slime on floors 2-3 the game crashes. What do I do?

I'm playing on a 2024 13-inch MacBook Air M3 running Sonoma 14.5. Purely vanilla, no mods. Help!

LSChauncy

Newcomer
Stardew Valley crashes when going to sleep in fullscreen mode (have not tested in windowed mode) while playing solo on the Normal/Standard Farm map during the Summer Season of year 1. This is occurs in the early summer.
Currently on Windows 11 23H2 build version: 22631.3880
When the game crashes it just stops and closes out of the game. When relaunching the game it will show no save data to load from.
At the time of the crash my game was installed on the D: drive and save data was on the C: drive.
Attached is a zip folder with the two saves this occurred with and the errorlogs folder.
I have uninstalled the game from the D: drive and moved to the C: drive. The save files are not able to be seen. Saves are accessible however can no longer see them in the game.
I included a screenshot of the game version as well.

Attachments

MelonLord

Newcomer
I play on a IOS IPad, single player, english, non-modded-
Two reoccurring bugs that I noticed is that when I’m trying to rearrange the museum, the tool bar blocks half the screen and I can’t take it down or adjust the size to reach the bottom half of my museum. (Included picture for ya)
‘Second thing I noticed is that if I catch a handful of fish or am fighting a particularly harder fish- by the time I finish fishing the ‘reel sound’ is still going continuously throughout gameplay even though I’m not fishing anymore. Starting a new day doesn't stop it, I have to get out of the game and go back in for it to stop. If you can fix these then that would be amazing, thanks guys!
IMG_0006.png

SpankijevaFarma

Greenhorn
Hi!
I used to play SV a couple of years back on my android phone. Since then, I have deleted the associated Google account, but have backed up the save files.

Recently I bought SV on Steam and tried running the old save files there, which obviously failed. I tried solving this issue by purchasing the game through Google play once more. Luckily, I was able to run the game and open the save file on my android phone (I had to locate the old save files and let the game update them beforehand, of course).

However, when I transfer the updated save files to my PC, I start the game, try to open the save file, but the game just crashes.

I have also tried using SMAPI to open it, but it the same situation all over again.

I really hope you'll be able to fix my savefile.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments