math_nerd7

Newcomer
Game crashes while dyeing clothing using a prismatic shard if character is wearing prismatic clothing.

The crash happened while using Emily's Sewing machine to dye a pair of Farmer Pants with a Prismatic Shard. The game should have a brought up a menu to select a color for the pants. Instead the game crashed, likely because of the newly crafted Prismatic Shirt my character was wearing, which the Character Customization menu seems unable to handle. Dyeing works fine while not wearing prismatic clothing.

Crashed on MacOS. No mods.

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Farmer.CreateFakeEventFarmer() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 8811
at StardewValley.Menus.CharacterCustomization.GetOrCreateDisplayFarmer() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\CharacterCustomization.cs:line 304
at StardewValley.Menus.CharacterCustomization..ctor(Source source) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\CharacterCustomization.cs:line 297
at StardewValley.Menus.CharacterCustomization..ctor(Clothing item) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\CharacterCustomization.cs:line 155
at StardewValley.Menus.TailoringMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TailoringMenu.cs:line 1268
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4795
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4010
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.8 build 24119
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Apple M3
In-game Date: Summer 10 Y3 Time of Day: 2050
Game Location: HaleyHouse

Attachments

sobrique

Newcomer
Running unmodded:

I've noticed that targeted bait doesn't seem to work well with the fishing pot skills.

I tried this by using the statue to respec to get Trapper/Mariner.

The latter removes junk, and according to the wiki all 'catch' now has a 14% chance.

What I expected was that Lobster Targeted Bait would improve catch rates, but it didn't - with 200 pots I routinely caught even distributions of catch with deluxe bait or targeted bait. And the deluxe bait had higher quality, meaning that it was a higher value catch, even without having to factor in 'spending' a lobster for 5-10 targeted bait.

Spending 27 lobsters to bait 200 pots and then only catching around 28 is also... well, a waste. Where if it tripled the catch rates as the wiki suggests, you'd be expecting to see a _net_ profit of 2x catch.

Although on a related note - it's disappointing that 'Mariner' means you don't have 25% or 50% profit on fish sales - would it be sensible to have a bonus to 'fishing pot' fish value just so I'm not stocking up, smoking the fish, but then swapping the skills to do a bulk sale very occasionally, because +50% profit is hard to pass up especially with a smoker.

I'd also suggest that 'targeted' bait should also give higher quality fish the same way Deluxe does.

erik111erik

Newcomer
I had some issues with framedrops on both my laptop and desktop (Windows 11). It seems that the culprit was the screen size. Laptop runs on 2560 x 1800, and the desktop on 3440 x 1440. I somehow managed to get the resolution to 3440 x 1440, while having the resolution ingame set to 2560 x 1440. I have had no framedrops since then. What worked was setting it to fullscreen, changing the resolution to 2560 x 1440, then set it to windowed mode (which in itself caused another weird bug with the game screen expanding indefinitly), pulling the window to the top of screen to make it fullscreen, and then change the settings from windowed to windowed borderless, giving me a 3440 x 1440 resolution without framedrops.

Above was tested on the laptop with an external (2nd) monitor. I have yet to test it with the desktop on Windows 10.

I hope this helps someone! If it comes back I'll make sure to edit this post.

susb8383

Planter
SMAPI 4.0.8 with Stardew Valley 1.6.8 build 24119 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Special Orders board gave me a quest to grow and ship 100 artichokes in Year 1 when those seeds are not available to purchase yet.

TianTMi

Newcomer
  • Stardew Valley 1.6.8
  • PC Windows 10
  • SMAPI 4.0.8
  • English
  • Single-player
I can't say if this is happening to any other spouses but... I noticed that during the night market, Alex's behaviour defaults to his married monday routine for all 3 days (i.e. goes to his grandparents' house). After the night market, his behaviour returned to normal.

R3N

Greenhorn
On my single-player world the fences are being weird. I don’t really know how to explain it. But when I go by a edge on my horse, it goes through the fence and when I place a gate on a fence , the fence disappears

Attachments

Pythom

Newcomer
I have an issue where the Game takes about 5 minutes to load. when it finally does load and I click on a save file or try to start the new game it "loads" for eternity and clicking any button will then cause the game to crash. I thought it was a mod issue but even removing all mods causes the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Any thoughts?

sayury

Newcomer
Hi! So, it's my first time playing Stardew and I went straight to perfection, but I was missing a recipe that, from what I read in the guides, Sandy should send with seven hearts, but I already have 10 hearts with her, and never received! Only that 1% is missing. I've also tried losing hearts with her again but still haven't received the recipe. :cry:

My version is single-player for macOS.

Captura de Tela 2024-05-31 às 16.36.25.png

Ereo

Helper
Hi! So, it's my first time playing Stardew and I went straight to perfection, but I was missing a recipe that, from what I read in the guides, Sandy should send with seven hearts, but I already have 10 hearts with her, and never received! Only that 1% is missing. I've also tried losing hearts with her again but still haven't received the recipe. :cry:

My version is single-player for macOS.

View attachment 24160
can you post a screenshot of the menu with the missing recipe?

krokuspokus

Newcomer
Hello. I am experiencing a problem where Leo's schedule breaks after he moves to the mainland. I also found two threads online as well as one here on the forum of others experiencing the same issue since 1.6:

What I will say is that i gifted Leo a stardrop tea on his birthday, which boosted our friendship from 2 hearts up to 8, which means he moved to the mainland before I had the chance to see his 4 hearts island north cutscene. Immediately after he moved I went to island north which triggered the cutscene (and "put" him back on the island). Could this have something to do with the issue? I am playing on windows without mods.

Attachments

Hi, I'm playing on PC on Linux (OpenSuse to be exact) and I have just installed the latest update, but then the game crashed every time I tried to load a save or create a new one.

Also, for whatever reason, my main save, the character I mostly play in this game, did not appear in the list anymore! The save file still existed on my PC, where it always is, and I have backed it up, too, but it just wouldn't show up unless I clicked on 'load' and then 'back' and then 'load' again.

I'm not playing over Steam, I bought the game on GoG.

I have no mods.

Luckily, the issue is basically fixed already because setting the game language to English completely fixed everything lol. I don't mind playing in English but I thought I'd report the bug anyway.

The language I had it set to before that was German.

I have a recording of the bug, I can't attach it here but I would be happy to send it to someone if that would be helpful.

Last edited:

StormBlessed

Newcomer
When talking to an NPC she asked me a multiple choice question but continued walking away. And once gone I answer the question and she responded but was not where to be seen 🙃

proxanne

Newcomer
Hi there! I am 99% complete on my Stardew account. I only need one recipe to get to 100%
I am playing on my switch in english. I am playing single player- but i do have a cabin that no one has ever used ( i dont know if that makes it multiplayer if i have a cabin on my farm)
I am at the end of Summer in year 7 and I have been watching the reruns of "the queen of sauce" for years now and It still hasn't given me the recipe for Maple Bar. Is it a bug or do I need to just keep trying?

baldmeimei

Greenhorn
+1 on this issue. You can't place it on any tile that has this pathing, which is really annoying because I wanted to move my farmhouse down a few tiles, and now I can't even place it back.

Love the update outside of this one annoyance.
i have the same issue! is a solution posted yet?