redcat241

Newcomer
Hello! Having a bug with the Prairie King- in the final level I keep getting killed before his first shot hits me. I have to keep restarting the day as I am trying to get the no damage achievement. I took a video but don't think I can uplaod here. I would say has happened atleast 5 times in a row. Single played, unmodded, English. I have now got the 'Complete the Game' achievement but cannot get the no damage one. Tried to upload save file but got told the file is too large. There is no error log as officially it is not an error I guess, the game doesnt crash etc.

BestGirlFry

Newcomer
Player mastery, books, and monster slayer goals all reset

Multiplayer game on PC, no mods. It would appear that a lot of pieces of the game sort of reset in this game for one player. We started it after 1.6, my parents (butterfly and bee) play couch co-op on one computer and I (ladybug) join online on another. I had entered the mastery room and gotten my first two levels (combat and foraging), then one day when I entered the mines, my health was back to 100hp. We restarted the computers and the game and my health was back to normal, but my trinket slot was gone (frog still follows me around though). My xp needed to reach a level of mastery was reset to 10,000, and when I entered the room, everything was available to claim again. I still was able to craft all the items I had unlocked, but have not found any trinkets or golden mystery boxes. Then I noticed I didn't have a thumbs up on a book I'd definitely read, checked my books, and they were all blank. Then a couple in-game days later, I checked my monster slayer goals and they had all been reset. It seems that fishing, shipping, secret notes, etc have all stayed the same. My hearts with npcs never disappeared. I ended up getting the 10,000 xp and claiming mining mastery. I'm sure too much time has passed to fix anything. There were no error logs in the folder, I can't upload the save file as it's too large.

mangodrew

Newcomer
Leo's 9 heart event causing black screen
When I teleport to the mountains using my obelisk, it triggers Leo's 9 heart cutscene. However, after the 2nd scene in the museum, it cuts to black and the skip button disappears. The music continues to play. I can still use the "E" button to access my inventory, move a warp totem to my hotbar bar use it to teleport back to my farm. However, the UI does not reappear and the music continues to play until I exit the game.

Other info:
  • OS is Windows 10
  • English
  • Single-player
  • Winter 16, but I have not tested it on other days

Attachments

susb8383

Planter
Not a bug. You get a ticket every third request that you do (this is indicated by the yellow stars on the upper right of the Help Wanted request). Once you turn in one quest and get the ticket, the other quest rolls over to being the first out of that group of three. The code doesn't take into account how many incomplete quests you have in your Journal, so it can show two quests as earning tickets. As soon as you get one ticket, the other quest will update to show no ticket.
Sorry but I don't agree. If the bulletin board shows me I get a ticket from completing the quest when I accept it (with a little picture of a ticket), and I complete the quest, I should get a ticket.

I understand what you're saying, but if the game is going to use a system of 'every three' and designate this by three stars, then it shouldn't even show me the icon of a ticket on the request because it's lying to me. The opposite is true; sometimes the bb did not show me a picture of a ticket but I still got one. This is very misleading.

Last edited:

susb8383

Planter
I grew artichokes in Year 1

Since there's no way I could have gotten artichoke seeds in Year 1, there's something wrong here. I'm pretty sure I did not plant mixed seeds because I always save them for crafting fiber seeds. I know this bug would be easier to figure out if remember what I planted but I don't. I suspect it was either broccoli seeds or mixed flower seeds. Note that I've planted both of those elsewhere without a problem, but for some reason whatever I planted here grew as artichokes.

Single player
No mods
SMAPI 4.0.8 with Stardew Valley 1.6.8 build 24119 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Attachments

Last edited:

oisín

Newcomer
I'm playing on a server which has SMAPI installed, but no mods.

Client side I also have SMAPI installed, and the combat controls & combat controls redux mods installed (I have now realised that I do not need the former). The issue is that whenever I talk to Marnie nothing happens, and whenever I talk to her without SMAP running client side or my friend who does not have it talks to her, the game simply crashes.
Here is the log generated.

I tried updating SMAPI on the server to the latest version but that didn't work, so I an unsure as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

mxcn3

Newcomer
PC Version

Issue happens when triggering Leo's 9-heart event during the final day of the Night Market.

The cutscene starts, but when it is supposed to show the Night Market, the screen goes black and stays that way, with the cutscene music continuing.

I couldn't end the cutscene or move, but I could select items and swap hot bars. I used a farm totem to try to warp out of the cutscene, and I could move and act, but I couldn't see the UI and the cutscene music continued playing. I tried going to sleep but the issue persisted into the next day.

Restarting the game fixed the issue, and when I went to the mountains the event triggered again but worked correctly, presumably because the Night Market had ended.

AlmondRoca

Greenhorn
I run windows 11, unmodded.

The tabs on the dressers are disabled. I have to scroll through all the pieces of clothing and rings.

I can't marry anyone. I was married to a multiplayer character, filed for divorce successfully, years ago in game at this point. I have 10 hearts with all marriageable candidates, and full hearts with all villagers. Tried giving the Void Pendant to Krobus, and there was no response or interaction at all. Multiple seasons later, I then tried to give the Mermaids pendant to Harvey, and asked "didn't you just ask someone else to marry you? You're crazy."

Attachments

Agent5061

Newcomer
PC windows 10 on steam. No mods. Local multiplayer with controllers.

Duplicated this 3 times. Dont mind my grammar or spelling. Typed this fast so i could get this uploaded and sent so no one else has this happen. Just redid the day when i found a way to get around the glitch and max what i did etc.

What happened is placing a tent on ginger island and sleeping in it for the night. Then the cutscene plays for ginemos showing up from lightning strike on movie theatre (joja )building that is
empty. After that a crash and its just before the save. Thankfully after it happening twice i figured it had to be the tent. So tried sleeping in bed normally and the cutscene played and game moved on.

This is on 1.6.7 latest game on steam.

Attachments

KitsuneKarnage

Farmhand
I just started a new game with the Meadowlands Farm, Lunna Astray and Expanded. I've played through this long enough prior to starting a new game on 1.6 and had no issues. But with this brand new save, monsters are spawning on my farm. I've never had this happen before in all of the mods via 1.6 I've played and it's really unfortunate because I specifically have it set not to spawn, and it even says as much in the Save File.

Sloop

Newcomer
SDV 1.6 Bug. My horse sometimes disappears when I leave the screen and return. It just happened after I left it outside and went to see the Wizard. I am on Windows 11, have no mods, and my game is through Steam. I tried to attach my Save File, but it gives an error saying "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension...."

Linchu

Greenhorn
I'm trying to get the 10 heart events with all the singles. I got a letter from emily too meet her in the woods after 10 but it doesnt trigger when i go there. i've tried many times, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, i moved the game to co-op.. i've worked so hard on them all and it all fails on this last one :heartrip:

Zoelse

Newcomer
Hi! I’ve encountered a small bug- I’m currently playing the forest farm and have just purchased the wallpaper catalog. I chose to place the yellow wooden plank furniture (the default wallpaper on the standard farm) pictured below, and every time I leave the farmhouse or reload it resets to the default green leafy one for the forest farm- also pictured. It doesn’t happen with any other wallpaper- just this one. Thanks in advance :)
IMG_6349.jpegIMG_6350.jpeg

Jieyichoo

Newcomer
Type of phone: Ipad pro 3rd generation
Details of your issue:
I am so mad with this game!! The bug only happened when playing with controller. Whenever I click the shift button after successfully fished or attacked monsters, the game freezes and i have to restart my game!! It is so annoying when it happens at the end of the day as I have to restart the day.
2. The game will randomly force close which I have to replay the day again.
3. This bug happened without controller; the fishing rods sound continues even if I stopped fishing.

what OS you are using: Ios OS 17.5.1
  • in-game language: english
  • Single-player or multiplayer: single
  • if you're using controller or keyboard/mouse: controller
  • your version number: 1.5.6 build 39

Johnstee

Newcomer
Windows 11 - Steam
Dismounting your horse in this location causes the player to become stuck. You can't walk past and right clicking just triggers the raccoon dialogue. Not even sure I would be close enough to get on my horse if there was no dialogue.

1724511020354.png

sobrique

Newcomer
Testing on the 1.6.9 beta with fishing pots, Mariner profession and targetted bait.

It looks like the Mariner probability adjustment on catches is overriding the targetted bait bonus yield

Tested with 149 pots (because that's how much lobster bait I could make) and caught 18 lobsters,which is much more in line the expected 14% yield from Mariner.

So your lobster catch rate of 18% _without_ the mariner profession is actually a load better, since you can still get all the bonuses from Angler/Fisher as well.

sobrique

Newcomer
1.6.9 beta testing - non-Mariner, targeted lobster bait.

Catch yield is increased as expected. But 18% yield whilst it looks attractive isn't really useful when you need so many lobsters to create the bait. Sacrificing 13.33% of your catch (assuming an average output of 7.5 bait per lobster) means you're gaining 4.67% net yield, against a 4% net yield without the targeted bait (potentially using Deluxe bait for silver quality).

Thus you are better off using deluxe bait for 'silver' quality - +25% value, as that'll give you equivalent of 5% instead of 4.67%

Suggested resolution: Increase yield further. 22% would mean approximately doubled net yield. 26% would be approximately triple.

Or also apply quality level boosts to targeted bait - Silver quality on Lobster would be _slightly_ better than Deluxe bait with 4.67% yield vs. 4% yield. But barely worth the overhead of effort I'd think. Gold star given the smoker availability would be more worthwhile as the value increase would help offset the coal cost of smoking.

DRWHO7280

Newcomer
Hello!

Version: Steam/PC. Windows 10.

Please note: While I am running modded, I already uninstalled SMAPI/mods and had the same result. Therefore, my mods are most likely not the cause of the issue.

I think I have an issue with the game involving casks/kegs. My issue is if I try place a keg/cask on the bottom row of either my shed/cellar, it won't let me despite being highlighted in green. I can only place them when I place 8 adjacent to them in the square pattern. I also can't break these with my axe as well.

Drew_8-29-2024_68572520.png
Drew_8-29-2024_68589377.png
Drew_8-29-2024_68601694.png

Please let me know if you find an answer, or have questions!