When I watched the Linus event, there should be answer choices here, but something went wrong and eventually Linus starts saying all the answer choices and phrases after selecting the answer.(This is a problem in the Russian localization.).

Attachments

Last edited:

mythic

Newcomer
I have found a glitch with the 'Artful' enchantment in local co-op multiplayer (I am not sure if it is reproducible generally in multiplayer).
If 2 players use their special skill at the same time and one has the 'Artful' enchantment, both players get the 'Artful' cooldown reset.
This is reproducible everytime.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Player without the 'Artful' enchant uses a special skill.
2. Immediately AFTER a player with the 'Artful' enchant uses their special skill.

Expected is that only the player with the Artful enchant gets the skill cooldown.
Actaul behaviour is that both players receive the Artful enchant cooldown reduction.

Not sure if this is a bug from this release, could be from 1.5

NoTenkyu

Newcomer
Hey, playing on multiplayer, windows, v1.6, in english. I was at the railroad, while my friend started the cutscene after completing the community center. After the cutscene, I spawned at the top of the map, and since I couldn't destroy the boulder, I had no choice but to let Mr. Qi punch me. I was not supposed to be behind the boulder, nor did I want to be.

LSChauncy

Newcomer
The game keeps crashing during a save it has happened more and more frequently. It is becoming frustrating to play if I have to redo every day twice. Attached is the save file from that is being crashed as well as the error logs. The game tries to save when ending the night and just crashes. Today it did it three times when normally it would happen once. It keep saying the process is being used already when crashing. Any possible workarounds other than deleting the temp files and removing _old from the save and game file? Now in Summer year 3 and the game is crashing every other day. It is happening on days where I am either replanting my fields and/or doing a major harvest. In addition if I do a skull cavern run or even do the volcano on ginger island it will crash 75% of the time when trying to complete the day or when passing out. It will show the end of the day gold numbers from shipping products. This is starting to become an unplayable came at this point. The only time I can play without it crashing is if I join a game with friends. I am sure it is something environmental however need help tracking down what it is that keeps causing the game to crash.

Somethings I have tried was rebooting my system prior to playing the game, making sure Windows 11 is up to date even with preview updates, had my AV scans completed an hour before playing and also tried with AV being disabled and the crashes still occurring and the have the same error message everytime:

Message: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.Save()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 398
at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SaveGameMenu.cs:line 119
at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShippingMenu.cs:line 356
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3405
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.8 build 24119
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Summer 5 Y3 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Singleplayer
Windows 11
English verison
latest game version
no mods installed or being used.

Attachments

Last edited:

DeLiXx

Greenhorn
Hello,
the game crashes when a mod appends Data/AudioChanges, but no audio device is installed/activated in the os.

To Reproduce (according to user)
1. Disconnect Headphones / Speakers
2. Go into Sound Settings or OS Equivalent and ensure no enabled audio devices are present
2a. On windows the sound icon in the toolbar showing a speaker with a red cross next to it indicates no sound devices present
3. Run game via SMAPI

AssetRequested Example
C#:
if (e.NameWithoutLocale.IsEquivalentTo("Data/AudioChanges")) {
                e.Edit(asset => {
                    var data = asset.AsDictionary<string, AudioCueData>().Data;
                    data.Add("ub_pageflip", new AudioCueData() {
                        Id = "ub_pageflip",
                        Category = "Sound",
                        FilePaths = new() { Path.Combine(Helper.DirectoryPath, "assets", "pageflip.ogg") },
                    });
                });
}
Error dump by user (re: Addon Causes Crash when System has no Sound Devices Present )
Code:
[[17:53:42 TRACE SMAPI] Unlockable Bundles edited Data/AudioChanges.
[17:53:42 ERROR game] Error loading sound: ..\Stardew Valley\Mods\Unlockable Bundles\assets\pageflip.ogg
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.NoAudioHardwareException (0x80004005): Audio has failed to initialize. Call SoundEffect.Initialize() before sound operation to get more specific errors.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream, Boolean vorbis) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 93
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean vorbis) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 392
   at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyCueModification(String key) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 101
[17:53:42 ERROR game] The game failed to launch: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyCueModification(String key) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 123
   at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyAllCueModifications() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 35
   at StardewValley.Game1.LoadContent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2454
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.LoadContent() in SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 146
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.LoadContent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 800
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Initialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 656
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 944
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 309
[17:53:42 INFO  SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

ettie

Newcomer
Hi, the game crashes every time I try to go to sleep. I get in bed and press the "yes" option, and then before saving the game just shuts down, no error message or anything. It means I have to redo the day over and over again. I am playing unmodded, this happened on a previous save game and I just made a new save but I have invested a lot of time into this one.

single player

Attachments

hamberly

Newcomer
Good morning! I have two items to report, which may or may not be related to each other.

1. I got 2 cauliflower crops from one plant. I exited to desktop and returned to the game and it did it again each time I attempted to replicate it. I am not able to record a video of it with my setup at the moment, but I took several screenshots to show that one plant gave 2 items.

SV Version: v1.6.8 build 24119 according to my game today.
1723300690035.png

Windows 10, PC, Steam, Single player. Completely unmodded; thus far I'm a vanilla-only player.
I did start this game with an extra cabin on the farm, but there have been no other players in this world but my single account.

I checked %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs before/during Spring 20th (Year 1) but there were no error log files there. I'll play through the day and edit this post if any appear after the 20th.

2. I did not get a screenshot of this second issue. It occurred in this same save file shortly after the egg festival. I had planted the 30 spring seeds from the CC center bundle rewards and a crop fairy blessed me on several of the spring seeds (inconveniently not on my brand new strawberry seeds lol). However, the "blessed" crops did not appear visually grown and ready for harvest in the morning. I went about to water them, assuming that crop fairy dust did not work on spring seeds, but they were harvestable and appeared in my inventory - yay! I thought it was odd that they didn't reflect being full-grown visually like the rest of my "unblessed" spring seeds did several days later.

When I ended up getting 2 cauliflowers from one plant several days later, I decided it was worth noting in a bug report. I marked the general area of the crop fairy in the screenshots of the double cauliflower harvest. By normal crop fairy margins, it should not have affected the cauliflower plant in any way.

1723300319935.png

1723300387811.png

Observant eyes will notice the 30min in game time elapsed between these two screenshots. I have my "swap inventory bar" bound to the R-shift key and I was taking screenies with "Win+Rshift+S" so it kept moving the inventory bar and I re-took this one about 3-4 times before I got it to take of the correct inventory bar lol. I'm typing this post instead of playing my game (which is very fun) and I have no reason to fake a bug report here lol.
1723300523978.png

Have a good day!

Edit: after looking on the SV wiki, I think I should note that the crop fairy actually targeted a Carrot seed planted in the middle of my spring seeds. I forgot that detail until now. :)

Last edited:

susb8383

Planter
SMAPI 4.0.8 with Stardew Valley 1.6.8 build 24119 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Single player, English

I suspect there is code that says you can't get prize tickets on two consecutive bulletin board requests. But what it means is that if I've accepted two quests on consecutive days, both promising me a prize ticket, I only receive a prize ticket when I complete the first quest.

Complaingel

Greenhorn
Issue: Using my Advanced Iridium Rod (fishing mastery) + the Preserving enchantment + having Lucky Purple Shorts in the first tackle slot of the fishing rod causes durability to drain from the second tackle slot (lucky purple shorts are supposed to stop all durability drain from the second tackle slot). This did not happen before I enchanted my fishing rod, leading me to believe this is an interaction with the shorts and the enchantment.

Playing on Windows via Steam. Singleplayer, English language.

Complaingel

Greenhorn
SMAPI 4.0.8 with Stardew Valley 1.6.8 build 24119 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Single player, English

I suspect there is code that says you can't get prize tickets on two consecutive bulletin board requests. But what it means is that if I've accepted two quests on consecutive days, both promising me a prize ticket, I only receive a prize ticket when I complete the first quest.
Not a bug. You get a ticket every third request that you do (this is indicated by the yellow stars on the upper right of the Help Wanted request). Once you turn in one quest and get the ticket, the other quest rolls over to being the first out of that group of three. The code doesn't take into account how many incomplete quests you have in your Journal, so it can show two quests as earning tickets. As soon as you get one ticket, the other quest will update to show no ticket.

Complaingel

Greenhorn
Good morning! I have two items to report, which may or may not be related to each other.

1. I got 2 cauliflower crops from one plant. I exited to desktop and returned to the game and it did it again each time I attempted to replicate it. I am not able to record a video of it with my setup at the moment, but I took several screenshots to show that one plant gave 2 items.

SV Version: v1.6.8 build 24119 according to my game today.
View attachment 24390
Windows 10, PC, Steam, Single player. Completely unmodded; thus far I'm a vanilla-only player.
I did start this game with an extra cabin on the farm, but there have been no other players in this world but my single account.

I checked %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs before/during Spring 20th (Year 1) but there were no error log files there. I'll play through the day and edit this post if any appear after the 20th.

2. I did not get a screenshot of this second issue. It occurred in this same save file shortly after the egg festival. I had planted the 30 spring seeds from the CC center bundle rewards and a crop fairy blessed me on several of the spring seeds (inconveniently not on my brand new strawberry seeds lol). However, the "blessed" crops did not appear visually grown and ready for harvest in the morning. I went about to water them, assuming that crop fairy dust did not work on spring seeds, but they were harvestable and appeared in my inventory - yay! I thought it was odd that they didn't reflect being full-grown visually like the rest of my "unblessed" spring seeds did several days later.

When I ended up getting 2 cauliflowers from one plant several days later, I decided it was worth noting in a bug report. I marked the general area of the crop fairy in the screenshots of the double cauliflower harvest. By normal crop fairy margins, it should not have affected the cauliflower plant in any way.

View attachment 24387
View attachment 24388
Observant eyes will notice the 30min in game time elapsed between these two screenshots. I have my "swap inventory bar" bound to the R-shift key and I was taking screenies with "Win+Rshift+S" so it kept moving the inventory bar and I re-took this one about 3-4 times before I got it to take of the correct inventory bar lol. I'm typing this post instead of playing my game (which is very fun) and I have no reason to fake a bug report here lol.
View attachment 24389
Have a good day!

Edit: after looking on the SV wiki, I think I should note that the crop fairy actually targeted a Carrot seed planted in the middle of my spring seeds. I forgot that detail until now. :)
On the Wiki page for Luck, one of the things that daily luck affects is a chance to get a double harvest from any crop.

"Chance to double the number of crops yielded at harvest. Works for any crop, and a unique "dwoop" sound effect plays if this occurs as the result of a luck-based check."

Not a bug, just very lucky. The other part though, I have no idea.

GotyGhost

Greenhorn
Hi! I've been playing Stardew Valley on a new laptop and it's been very annoying because on certain days in game the fps go very low and it's hard to move the character, when I press the "e" key the menu doesn't open and the only way the inventory will open is by pressing "esc" but that's not important, the thing is that with every day passed it gets worst to the point where on 14th summer year one it's unplayable, I restart the game, I restart the computer, set the CPU to ignore 0, put the priority on high and nothing has fixed it, I even tried disabling my Intel HD thing on the device settings and nothing has worked. I've loved this game since it started and I want to play, I even payed for it twice so please someone help. If you read this thank you

LSChauncy

Newcomer
Hi! I've been playing Stardew Valley on a new laptop and it's been very annoying because on certain days in game the fps go very low and it's hard to move the character, when I press the "e" key the menu doesn't open and the only way the inventory will open is by pressing "esc" but that's not important, the thing is that with every day passed it gets worst to the point where on 14th summer year one it's unplayable, I restart the game, I restart the computer, set the CPU to ignore 0, put the priority on high and nothing has fixed it, I even tried disabling my Intel HD thing on the device settings and nothing has worked. I've loved this game since it started and I want to play, I even payed for it twice so please someone help. If you read this thank you
If the game is crashing you can recover your data by going to the %windir%\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves locate the save data. Delete the two temp files and the remove the _old from the other two files. Then launch the game and the save will be there.

I've just seen my first green rain event! Lovely except for a couple of things that might be bugs:

- got a notification that my steel axe is ready in the morning (but obviously Clint is in the Saloon and I can't retrieve it)
- Robin is building me a coop in the green rain (Sebastian dialogue suggests she's freaking out at home)
- shaking trees will still scatter colourful butterflies (not sure if intended)

The day after was rainy too (just a summer rainy day) and Robin is still building my coop (is it supposed to take two days?). Hayley says that "There's not a cloud in the sky today." when it's raining.

Also when it's raining and maybe unintentional: Leah's art show event triggers, and Alex (or just NPCs in general during rain?) visiting/talking to the doctor who is upstairs listening to his radio instead.

I attached some screenshots if it helps. I'm playing on Steam/PC v1.6.8 build 24119 single-player.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

mrbubbles05

Newcomer
  • When trying to give a gift to Alex on his birthday (Jack be Nimble Jack be Thick book), my player read the book instead of gifting it, despite the gift icon showing up every time I tried
  • Windows 11, Steam Version
  • English
  • Multiplayer
  • I had quite a few heart cutscenes during this time, and I tried leaving the house and coming back in (it was rainy) after each one to see if that did anything but it didn't, and I didn't have any trouble with any other gifts, including an aquamarine for a quest and a field snack as a like gift rather than love. I guess it could be intentional that books have to be read once before gifting but if that's the case I couldn't find that information anywhere, online or in patch notes. Also, the book was given to me by one of the other farmers in multiplayer, but so was the aquamarine so I feel like it's unlikely to be part of the problem. Looking online I saw other people having similar problems and had some solutions (left clicking, using C instead of right click, etc.) but none of them worked. I also feel like just having a confirmation box for books could easily stop this from ever happening again.
  • Unfortunately I don't have any error text or save data as I am not the host of the multiplayer farm

nastuhi

Newcomer
I'm Japanese.
I'm using a translation site, so I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

After updating, I chose "Continue Continued" without any mods.
The game crashes while loading the Japanese version.
If you select "Continue" in English, the game will not crash.

windows10
Japanese
single player

Attachments