Ereo

Helper
Hi there! I am 99% complete on my Stardew account. I only need one recipe to get to 100%
I am playing on my switch in english. I am playing single player- but i do have a cabin that no one has ever used ( i dont know if that makes it multiplayer if i have a cabin on my farm)
I am at the end of Summer in year 7 and I have been watching the reruns of "the queen of sauce" for years now and It still hasn't given me the recipe for Maple Bar. Is it a bug or do I need to just keep trying?
as soon as you have a cabin, there’s a second player on your farm that hasn’t seen any recipes, making the reruns on Wednesday useless.
you need to watch on the correct Sunday (14th of summer in even years), or destroy the cabin.

Hello! Need help pls
Playing on IOS (most updated version) in English. Single player game
I died in the mines and my hoe was gone! Read other forums saying that I could buy back at the guild, it would be returned to me in the mail, be in lost in found at Lewis’ or in the fridge (which I didn't have). None of these have been true and it’s been 5 game days.

I even upgraded my house thinking it may be in the fridge but it’s not.

have checked all my chests. I didn’t realise until the game had already saved and I woke up the next game day.

I can’t even buy a new hoe

PLS HELP

thanks

aWildPhilip

Newcomer
The animated social menu portrait of Maru in her nurse outfit looks pretty glitchy:
Might be working as intended, I just doubt it

cherry_wood

Newcomer
I have an issue right now where the flooring I put down in my house is disappearing when I exit and load the house again. I've noticed this issue happens only with this flooring. View attachment 24261
I married Haley and her room uses the same flooring; probably unrelated but just my observation. Another thing is that it's replaced by the original flooring used by the forest farm house, which is this:
Flooring 35.png

I'm using Windows 10, English, singleplayer.

Lantana

Newcomer
20240731215721_1.jpg

• Turkish
    I'm playing the game in Turkish and I've noticed this problem with one of Qi's challenges. It says you need to gift 5 loved gifts in a week when the actual challenge asks you to gift 50 loved gifts.

Trilonyte

Greenhorn
I'm experiencing a dialogue bug. When speaking to Alex, he will sometimes say "Hey, can I ask you a question?", followed by one of his normal dialogue lines. It seems like this phrase should be left out, or should actually be followed by a question?

I am playing 1.6 in English on a Windows PC, single-player. My save is modded but I do not have any mods that add or change dialogue in any way.

anjisu

Newcomer
[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found.
---> FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\MrQi.xnb'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\MrQi.xnb'
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 289
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 319
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.RawLoad[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 340
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<LoadExact>b__0() in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 127
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.LoadExact[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.LoadLocalized[T](IAssetName assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 190
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 136
at StardewValley.Game1.AddNPCs() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 7877
at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 2084
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 686

When I run the game, this message keeps popping up. I tried using https://smapi.io/log , but I don't understand it.

SteffiGum

Newcomer
Hello,

I'm experiencing a bug in cutscenes. They freze after a point.
In this instance I did the Special Order for Robin and after siding with Robin, Demitrius walks away and just stays frozen and the cutscene did not continue until i press the skip button.

I play the German language version on PC/Steam in single-player without mods.

Attachments

tegshbal

Newcomer
Changing resolutions mid-game while having journal open can make some buttons be where they shouldnt be
Singleplayer
Windows 11
English
image_2024-08-03_071215430.png

Maltinonka

Newcomer
Can't catch son of crimsonfish during the night market. And the Qi's extended family quest appeared for me only during that time, never had it before available to choose.
Sngleplayer game no mods.

Skippye2

Greenhorn
1.6.8 Vanilla No Mods
The Walnut Room no longer offers mining related Qi quests after a certain number of years.

No error text
Windows 10
in-game language; English
single-player or multiplayer; both

relevant info; On my year 15 farm, I'm always checking the walnut room and it's always a quest that isn't mining related which has been ongoing for numerous in-game years. Not certain but I believe these mining related quests reduce over the time. When I started a new farm a few months back and eventually unlocked the Walnut Room, I got frequent mining quests, but the frequency of those quests has started to reduce now that I'm on year 4. Rng is a factor but the fact that I haven't gotten a mining related quest for numerous in-game years with frequent walnut room check ins, it doesn't seem like rng to me, it seems like a bug. Attached is the year 15 farm save, ignore the name. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
I can’t watch a movie with Emily!!

it’s my first time trying to watch a movie, I bought Emily the sour treat, I talk to her, then I try to walk into the theatre. I get a black screen with loading error text in red, and then I can’t talk to ely, the concession stand asks how the movie was, but the front door asks if I want to leave without watching the movie.
It’s happened twice. Tomorrow I’ll try again with someone else and take a picture of the message.
It’s Winter 6 year 3

Miro

Greenhorn
PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES IN YOUR GAME HERE!

Please be aware that spoilers ARE allowed in this thread!

A template you can follow:

• explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
  • full error text (if any);
  • what OS you are using;
  • in-game language;
  • single-player or multiplayer;
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file!
How to find your save file:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
  • This page also explains how to find saves: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves

We CANNOT help with issues with your modded game!
Your issue MAY be fixed in the latest patches of the game-- thanks for reporting your issues! You can see all the recent changelogs here https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/413150

p.s. please do not click the reply button on this post; report your issue at the bottom of the thread!
In switch versio when u use [ ] they don’t show up once u Finnish typing

Moeblechief

Newcomer
I'm playing the PS4 version and have found a repeatable bug I think.

This happens when using the collections menu when your inventory is full but you are standing close enough to an item on the floor that it will auto-collect.

When you go from your inventory into the collections menu you can 'grab' things the same way as in your inventory, but unlike the inventory there's no way to delete them or place them in the collection. When you have a full inventory this means the item on the floor automatically fills the new slot and you have your grabbed item with no way to put it down or get rid of it. As far as I can tell when this happens you end up stuck in the menu with no way to exit and have to restart the game.

Steps are:
Have full inventory
Stand near item on the floor
Open inventory and navigate to collections menu
Click any item in inventory

Assuming the item on the floor gets picked up you should now be stuck in the collection menu.

Possible fixes would be prevent any grabbing of items in the collection menu or include a delete option same as in the inventory.

SolOfSolace

Newcomer
My game has started crashing frequently. I can't get through a whole in game day anymore. The game won't have any visible issues and the computer will just randomly reboot. It only happens when I'm playing stardew valley. It happens when I am actively playing and when the game is sitting paused so it doesn't seem to have a trigger. When I look at the event log it gives me a generic code 1001 'Bug error caused reboot' I've tried a number of things including restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, running the .exe as administrator.

I need some help because I don't know what else to do and the game is unplayable in this state

I'm using windows 10 , its in english, single player, no error logs were generated so I have nothing to go off of currently. I have attached my a zip of my save file. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

proxanne

Newcomer
as soon as you have a cabin, there’s a second player on your farm that hasn’t seen any recipes, making the reruns on Wednesday useless.
you need to watch on the correct Sunday (14th of summer in even years), or destroy the cabin.
If I destroy the cabin you think it’ll pop up on a Wednesday rerun??

cherm

Newcomer
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the following issue: oftentimes the game just start freezing and slows down drastically, including the music. Controlls become less responsive. nad eventually it freezes entirely, without any apparent reason, as the PC is quite powerful and nothign was changed from my end. Here's the short video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TentP_zf2ZQ

margauxm26

Newcomer
Je suis sur un ordinateur avec Windows 11, pas de mod, jeu en 1.6.

J'ai acheté la 3ème extension de ma ferme et lorsque le jeu a commencé le nouveau jour j'ai ce problème. il y a parfois des textures à certains moments et d'autres noms et si je ramasse un objet dans la partie noire je ne peux plus le remettre au même endroit. et je n'ai donc pas accès à ma cave à vin et fromage

Attachments