Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Rulerofcats45

Newcomer
Hi, I am using an Iphone 12 with a backbone controller and I have noticed a lot of bugs using contollers, I love the idea of using a backbone for stardew since I heard there was controller support but I found it very frustrating with all of the bugs. The list of bugs I found were
1. Most to all menus on the main menu screen when you open the game are very buggy or crash with controller. Every time I press new game with a controller it crashes. One of the worst bugs that lost me a ton of progress was when you press the trash can with the controller (which I did on accident) I went to press cancel delete save and when i pressed cancel it deleted it as if I pressed confirm. I recreated this bug and it was consistent when using a controller there is no way to back out of deleting a save if accidentally pressed.
2. The clint bug where if you use a contoller to break a geode it crashes the game.
3. Menus sometimes do or don’t work with controller but for the most part it is very clunky or doesn’t even work for some or most parts.
4. Another bug I found is when I changed the size of the ui of my hotbar every reload of the game would reset it and so I would have to go back into the settings to redo the settings.
5. When fishing it can be clunky or any slight movement of the left joystick to move while fishing will kick you out of fishing unlike the normal game.
Over all these are some of the more notable issues I found, there were others as well such as lighting being much darker than normal but I felt like it was important to note the many issues with controllers right now make it very frustrating and near unplayable for how game breaking some of the glitches can be.
I know this isn’t a bug but since I was talking about controllers I feel the mobile controller support would benefit with a lot of the console control features such as the cursor that is available for menus and inventory’s to make the use of controllers more fluid and make the touch screen no longer needed when using a controller like the console editions. Thanks for taking your time to read this I love stardew and the mobile port and would love to see controllers get the love it needs to work well with mobile :)

kristinnj90

Newcomer
I have a dungeon and I incubated a slime egg. The game allows you to place the incubator facing the door at the front wall. Unfortunately my slime is stuck in the wall once incubated.

clouds

Greenhorn
Mobile has an issue with opening shops for Robin, Gus, Marnie, and Pierre on some occasions.

I've closed the game, restarted it, left the area and came back. Nothing changes.

sekar

Newcomer
Type of phone: 2020 iPad Air 10.4 inch 256 GB, over 100 GB free
Details of your issue: The game keeps crashing, I believe it’s nearly always when I am leaving some window like the inventory screen, craft screen, or any store. I play with a Nintendo switch pro controller and there is a high correlation to the game crashing when I am attempting to leave the secondary window using the “b” button. But it also happens when I don’t press the b button or when I am not using the controller.
Screenshots/video: N/A
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Almost always from the Load Game menu
Any other info that might be relevant: I think the pro controller increases the likelihood of the game crashing. I wish there was an option to turn off the joystick and button view while having tap-to-move and I could use the pro controller similar to how it is on the Switch - use the b button often, use ZL and Zr to switch what 1/3 of the toolbar is showing, reliable R and L toolbar navigation.

arcanecrow

Newcomer
Not entirely sure how this works, so here we go.

Type of phone: iPhone iOS 13
Issue: When I try to use Wild Bait, I go through the process of making it and then adding it to my Iridium pole. The problem is that I will fish once, catch something, and then it tells me that I’ve used my last piece of bait. I've been paying for a while and only recently started having issues. A couple seasons back, (current Year 9, Fall), I made 70 some pieces of bait and put it on my pole. I got the little notification and decided to not try to use Wild Bait for a while. I was hoping it was a fluke and wasn’t really thinking about it, so I just made 150 pieces of Wild Bait. I caught some salmon and all of my bait was gone. This is the only thing that I’ve had a problem with so it’s been especially frustrating and confusing

Thanks in advance

Kyson39

Newcomer
Bought the game on IOS having issues with it crashing when I pause to look at my inventory and I end up playing the day all over again
-Iphone 13 Pro Max

AHumanBean

Greenhorn
Mobile has an issue with opening shops for Robin, Gus, Marnie, and Pierre on some occasions.

I've closed the game, restarted it, left the area and came back. Nothing changes.
I’ve also had this problem, but not only with the shops. It seems as though certain tiles randomly become impossible to interact with, so as well as shops, this can occur with machines as well.
I’ve noticed it seems to be related to the zoom setting somehow. Whenever this problem stops me from interacting with something, simply zooming out or zooming in fixes the issue; zoom in, walk away from counter one tile, come back and click again. The more zoomed out I keep the game, the more often this problem seems to occur.
Also, this problem is nonexistent when using the joystick and button control option.

AHumanBean

Greenhorn
There is an issue I’ve experienced in which the game screen will randomly go dark, except for the first item in my inventory. The audio will still be present. No interaction works. If I close the game and reopen it, the save will start from the beginning of the day again. However, if I open files and transfer the (always present) emergency save to another folder so my current day’s progress isn’t lost… then without needing to replace it in the game‘s folder, it automatically works as it should, with the “Would you like to restore your progress?” message appearing upon opening the game. This crash seems to happen a short while after dismounting my horse.
Ipad 9th gen

The annoying part is, if I take the precaution of the emergency save not working by backing it up somewhere else… it always works. If I get lazy and assume it’ll work by itself… when I close the game it will disappear, and so my current day’s progress is lost :(

roycrob

Newcomer
Topic: Sewing on IOS
Mobile Device: iPhone/ad

Description of Issue:
I apologize if this has already been reported (I did not see it), but I created cloth and was visited by Emily/informed I could use her sewing machine to craft and dye clothing. When I go to her sewing machine, I’m able to see where I should place the cloth to create clothes, but the item goes right back to my inventory after I place it in the sewing machine. I’m not actually able to sew or dye anything. Can this be fixed? Thank you!

Rina1202

Newcomer
Hi, I’m playing on my Ipad and the game seems to freeze frequently. My character cannot move at all, however it lets me switch to different things in the hot bar and also other things around me (the bugs) can move as well. The time freezes and flashes between bright and dark and I’m not sure what to do. If I come off the game and come back on it’s still frozen, however if I refresh the game it loses all of my data for the day. it probably freezes every other time I play. My iPad is relatively new and runs fine so I’m not sure why it does this. Its very difficult to play as 20 mins in the game will freeze and I can no longer play

IMG_0781.png

ddak_pul

Cowpoke
Type of phone: Android / Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 (but this issue still showed up on my previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S 8)

Details of your issue: I reported this issue back in January 2023, but the issue still remains. I will reattach what I said previously.

"The Korean text and/or the spacing between the lines is too big, so the dialogue gets cut off in the beginning. I attached three screenshots.

Screenshot_Fishing Information Channel.jpg
Screenshot_Perfection Tracker.jpg
Screenshot_Telephone.jpg

The first one is the new fishing channel text box; the second one is the 'perfection' tracker in Mr. Qi's secret room; and the last one is the telephone text box.

I don't think the issue is on the occasion or the location of each dialogue, but more on the length or scaling of a dialogue. Could you guys look into maybe decreasing the spacing between the lines or changing the scaling?"

Screenshots/video: Attached!

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Unfortunately, the issue happens all the time. I did try to load the game both ways, and the issue showed up on both times.

Any other info that might be relevant: This issue showed up since the 1.5.6.37 update. My game is up-to-date with the 1.5.6.52 update.

user132937294

Newcomer
i’m using iphone 12 pro with an xbox controller. i only bought the game today and it has crashed twice on my 2nd or 3rd day when i try to go into the blacksmiths to process my geodes. as soon as i press “process geodes” the game completely crashes resetting the game to the start of the day again.

Jieyichoo

Newcomer
Type of phone: Ipad pro 3rd generation
Details of your issue:
I am so mad with this game!! The bug only happened when playing with controller. Whenever I click the shift button after successfully fished or attacked monsters, the game freezes and i have to restart my game!! It is so annoying when it happens at the end of the day as I have to restart the day.
2. The game will randomly force close my game which I have to replay the day again.
3. This bug happened without controller; the fishing rods sound continues even if I stopped fishing.

what OS you are using: Ios OS 17.5.1
  • in-game language: english
  • -player or multiplayer: single
  • if you're using controller or keyboard/mouse: controller
  • your version number: 1.5.6 build 39

glorp

Newcomer
Newcomer to the game...latest available version of the app, installed a month ago. I'm using a Google Pixel 8, Android.

Details:
Crash happens consistently at the community center, after turning in a "maki roll" to one of the bulletin board bundles...exit out of it and it freezes. Item bar to the left is still scrollable, clock blinks slowly but does not progress, and otherwise, is unresponsive. Can't bring up menu, can't move, etc. Have to kill and restart for the day. I've seen similar reports but for computer or console, so I'm not sure their workarounds are options for me.

TheRealJas

Greenhorn
Hello, for some reason one day a few weeks ago, most of my quests disappeared for no reason, including the wizard’s quest which is required to unlock the witches hut. I am not sure how to recover them and i need help please!!! (BTW all quests were supposed to be permanent)

Device: mobile (iPhone 13)

Last edited:

jleighf

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone 14 Pro
Details of your issue: The bulletin board in the community centre shows as complete (I.e that part of the room is fixed) but it’s actually not recorded as finished. I cannot open the board to complete it.
Screenshots/video:
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Loaded through “swap to precious save” by accident. I had completed the bulletin board the previous day and accidentally pressed this instead of “Save backup”
Any other info that might be relevant:

Attachments

sheimny

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max
Details of your issue: The application keeps on crashing upon loading game. The moment I click yes in the loading prompt in Load Game menu, it crashes immediately.
Screenshots/video: N/A
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
It was an emergency load.