• I believe the Junimos in my southwestern hut have some odd behaviors from time to time. Only one popped out one day and did all the work himself, and it took the whole day to do it. I also noticed at one point he got stuck on the hut.
  • Steam, Windows 10
  • English
  • single-player
  • I forget if this was part of the design, but at a later point on a different day, they ALL got stuck because I had wild seeds in front of their door.
I'd attach a save file to help the bug squashers in this forum, but the attach files feature does not seem to recognize save files.

EDIT: NM, I just did some tests and found out how to upload saves.

One more suspected bug I just remembered: Every morning when I wake up, I cannot click on certain inventory slots until after I use them by scrolling with the mouse wheel. I always keep triple shot espresso in the = slot, but I can't manually click it when I wake up, not until after i scroll to it, then use it, then the clicking problem goes away.

Attachments

Last edited:

dial000

Tiller
Just a minor thing: the "Saying Hello" request you get from Emily does not count the townsfolk you talked to prior to accepting the request and it can be frustrating.

myrratic

Farmhand
I am playing in single-player mode but want to use the cabins as decor and also extra storage space in my farm. I had Robin install one, and when I enter the cabin and swing any tool around, it forms scratches or marks, like the tool animation stripes/swatches that form and are supposed to go away after the swing, but these don't go away. They remain in the graphic field until you exit the cabin and reenter. I tried disabling every single mod I have (I only use a handful QoL mods like Automate and Lookup Anything) and this still persists. I also could not properly use any cabin-related mods that are supposedly 1.6 compatible like Upgrade Empty Cabins. Also, there is no seed packet and I could not interact with any of the furniture except the lamp on the table. I thought you could at least sleep on the bed but there is no way to interact with the bed or any of the furniture to redecorate. And again, missing seed packet, or are you not supposed to see that now if you're on single player? Another thing is a "journal entry updated" message pops up after Robin builds the cabin, which I know I didn't get before, and there is nothing in the journals when I check. Also, you can't place anything inside the cabin. When i tried placing down a chest, it was quivering and you could no longer interact with it or pick it up. Also, it was overlaid by what seems to be a decorative flower in a tiny pot (not the in-game pot you get from Evelyn).
1712544729496.png

Last edited:

zombiesquids

Greenhorn
Hi! we're playing multiplayer (both pc on windows 11), English version and on standard farm, and not using any mods.
and when another player quit & rejoin, we notice that the black screen (loading) when moving to another places takes too long (1-3mins), and sometimes it stays on the black screen.
Having the same issue :( I'm on windows 10 tho. Sometimes it makes me disconnect from the hosts world too.

myrratic

Farmhand
Swinging the claymore inside the log cabin that isn't yours leaves the animation behind.

Animation does go away if you exit and re-enter. Also not sure if this is intended but I couldn't move any furniture whatsoever.

Device info: Steam Deck running native linux version with no proton layer.
Finally found someone with the same issue. Wondering if this is happening to just us two. Also, did you notice there is no seed packet now in the cabin that is not yours? I am in single player and decided to build a cabin just for decor and possible extra storage but this happened. Plus I thought you could sleep in the bed but you can't, and can't pick up any of the furniture either. And yes. The swatches/traces/animation every time you swing a tool. Kindly update me if you find out what's wrong or found a fix.

mydelody

Newcomer
Hi! I have collected 4 stardrops in my save (Stardew Valley Fair, Krobus, marriage, and mines floor 100), and my maximum energy level reflects this too (406 is the level of energy after 4 stardrops consumed). However, the skills tab only says I've collected 3, and the save file indicates I haven't gotten the stardrop from the mines. Haven't unlocked Qi's walnut room, but I suspect it will also say 3 stardrops there. I've gone back to the mines since then to see if the stardrop was there again, but it's not.
I'm playing unmodded on macOS 13.4, through steam
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 1.47.26 AM.png

Last edited:

Junimomill

Greenhorn
Hello! 👋🏻
I have been playing 1.6 on steamdeck without any issues since the release but today I suddenly can’t use any tools or ride a horse without the game crashing. I tried to go restart the game and go to sleep so a new day would load in but nothing helps. Any similar experiences for anyone ?

Fenex

Greenhorn
Playing split screen coop, when the second player changes map riding a horse the screen goes to a random place in this new map. It corrects when you move again. When the second player walks to this new map it doesn't happen.
It looks like is a problem when you transition beetween maps.
It happens just when using SMAPI, even without any mods installed.
If you start the game in stardewvalley.exe it doesn't happen.

Windows 10
Language Brazilian Portuguese

At the farm:
View attachment 20161

When the player gets to the forest:
View attachment 20162

When you move after reaching the forest:
View attachment 20163

When you reach the city:
View attachment 20164
Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Junimomill

Greenhorn
Finally found someone with the same issue. Wondering if this is happening to just us two. Also, did you notice there is no seed packet now in the cabin that is not yours? I am in single player and decided to build a cabin just for decor and possible extra storage but this happened. Plus I thought you could sleep in the bed but you can't, and can't pick up any of the furniture either. And yes. The swatches/traces/animation every time you swing a tool. Kindly update me if you find out what's wrong or found a fix.
This happened to me on the steamdeck as well, it was resolved when my partner joined the server but came back when he was logged out, seems to be a bug

Nimbus

Newcomer
So I got a message when waking up that my apple tree was not able to grow even though it has 1 tile clearance and is not overlapping another trees clearance. The other trees grew just fine with a two tile clearance. I have not checked another location or another variety of tree.

Attachments

hotdogforlife

Newcomer
When completing a raccoon bundle, you might get flashed by what the next bundle will be right away for a split second before it even becomes available. I'm not exactly sure how to replicate it but what I did was accidentally press E to close out of the bundle complete screen then immediately right clicked the raccoon again because I remembered there should've been a reward, which flashed the next bundle that was potato juice and pickled cauliflower.

99-percent-sure

Greenhorn
Hello.
The problem is described in the title: Son of Crimsonfish can't be catched during Night Market.
I casted a fishing rod ~120 times (with mods) for 3 days and ~40 times for 1 day (no mods) and there wasn't a single attempt to catch it.
Also, fishing helper mods don't indicate that this fish can be caught, when the other 4 fish were indicated.
Since the night market is open for 3 days, it makes impossible to complete this quest this week.

Windows 11
Steam version
Stardew Valley 1.6.2 build 24081
Russian language
Single-player
I just want to second that this is also happening to me (playing a new Meadowlands map on 1.6.3). I started Qi's fishing challenge on Monday Winter 15, and the Son of Crimsonfish is not available fishing from the southeast pier during the three-day Night Market time frame. I had no problem catching the other four legendary fish, though. This seems to be a common issue. When I checked on the Steam discussion board, three other people also reported experiencing this problem within the last day or two.

Dewpferdle

Farmhand
Year 2 Egg Festival, the dialog is bugged and only the first word is shown. (german language setting)
Screenshot 2024-04-08 174434.png

Screenshot 2024-04-08 174614.png

Which platform are you playing on (e.g. Linux, macOS, Windows, PS4, etc)?
Windows, Steam

Which game version do you have? (Click the "?" button on the title screen and check the bottom-left corner.)
v1.6.2 build 24081

faefae529

Greenhorn
Currently playing on macOS High Sierra (aka a Potato); I've noticed that when I hold down a directional button and then use the Horse Flute, I'll slide in that direction for the duration of the flute animation. It's really, really funny, to be honest, but I doubt it's intended. I don't know if this was an issue before 1.6, and a cursory search didn't turn up anyone else with the same problem.

Here's a [video] link, no audio because of the aforementioned potato.

Brief edit: preliminary testing also confirms this works with other items such as warp totems.

Edit 2: It's mysteriously stopped sliding.

Last edited:

Narwahlqueen

Newcomer
  • Issue: Egg incubator does not work. Despite having an upgraded coop with space, I cannot put any egg in the incubator. The egg pulses while being held but won’t go into the incubator.
  • Issue: Seed maker does not work. No crop I have tried has been able to be put in the seed maker.
  • No text error appears
  • MacBook Pro (13inch, Mid 2012)
  • English
  • Single player
  • No mods

KammieKam

Newcomer
Racoon shop taking generic Pickles instead of Pickled Corn.

Its worth noting I am on an SVE save. I would test this purely on vanilla, however I dont have the time or save with that much progression to test it on. SVE shouldnt effect this as far as Im aware.

Video:

Info:
- English
- Win 11 Pro
- No Error messages
- Singeplayer, but on a save that had been used for Multiplayer

Modlist:
- Stardew Valley Expanded
- Immersive Farm 2
- More Rings
- Generic Mod Menu

Last edited:

izKaonashi

Newcomer
I entered my home before going to the Village to make some quests and I this scene poped up:

I'm playing at 1920x1080 fullscreen
I have all the hearts with Haley (we are married)

Attachments

L15FM

Newcomer
Raccon is accepting wine and pickles not corresponding to the requested vegetable and/or fruit.

He had requested eggplant wine and pumpkin pickles, I mixed up and made pumpkin wine and eggplant pickles. When I went to give him the pickles (not noticing), he accepted and the colour on the icon changed when I entered it in the bundle. Since it worked once, I waited for the wine to be ready and tried again. When I went to give him the (wrong) wine, he also accepted and the icon changed colours from orange (in inventory) to purple (in the bundle).

Win10, English, Single Player, Unmodded. There weren't any error texts. Started the farm when 1.6 came out.

sdv 1.6.3 bug raccons 1.png
sdv 1.6.3 bug raccons 2.png