symmetryz

Newcomer
NPCs doubled on Trout Derby day 2!
1.6 (obviously), unmodded, Windows 10, Multiplayer (3 players), English and Spanish.

We spent all day on the Derby, the three of us went to sleep with the hiking kits above the NPC who gives the rewards. The next day the NPC were doubled, but only the sprites, there wasn't any collision.

Attachments

LostPeanut713

Newcomer
Playing multiplayer over internet. I am hosting. My friend cannot complete the silo task even though she commissioned a silo herself, and was playing through the days it took robin to complete it. I have already completed this task, while she was not playing with me. Lmk if you need more context :thumbsup: TY! Love this game!

kitachan

Newcomer
i have issue when play multiplayer more than 2 game will be exist to main menu . And Idk how to fix it please help me .Thank you!

DonCarleins

Newcomer
Bug in the stardew valley fishing system.

When using bait on the rod or traps, quality fish do not appear in the river, only normal fish appear. Regardless of the rod used, nor the current season.

Game without modifications.
Spanish language
A single player
W10 64bit
i5-8400
32GB RAM
RX590 8GB
Steam

DonCarleins

Newcomer
When fishing, with a max cast distance and a "Perfect" catch, I am getting a no-star fish instead of a higher quality one. This has happened in the river and ocean.

I am on a new 1.6 Standard farm, Windows 11, English, Single-player.

The issue is happening with standard bait on a fiberglass rod, I'm currently fishing level 4 (idk if that's relevant or not though).

Save file below (I think, I'm not sure if this is the right file)
Similar error, when using standard bait you cannot obtain better quality fish in the river. The bait was used with a fiberglass rod.

NicWow

Newcomer
Hello!

So I have noticed a lighting issue happen when playing which I believe is associated with the new Desert Festival when playing multiplayer.
I was outside on the farm the other player was in the desert, and everything was normal. As soon as 1:00 AM hit the lighting turned brighter for no apparent reason. Loading in and out through the house didn't resolve the issue.

12:50 AM
1712459576589.png

1:00 AM
1712459641568.png

I haven't noticed anything like this happening at any other time, but this did happen for two nights during the festival (the third night was spent in the skull cavern so I'm unable to say if it would have done it).

Playing on PC 1.6.3, multiplayer, English and not modded.

vyvisabastard

Greenhorn
i updated from a previous save file and the dwarvish translation guide disappeared from my wallet/powers tab despite having unlocked it previously and having all the scrolls in the museum. im locked out of the dwarf's shop
1712460022884.png

1712460057428.png

E-Milly

Newcomer
I lost almost all my money?!? I’ve been grinding selling pumpkins, selling cheese and wine, etc trying to get as much money possible. I reached 1.5million. I sold $50k worth of pumpkin on the last day of fall, and I woke up to only $300k left. I don’t have any pictures but I’m devastated. I am currently in winter of year 4. Please tell me there is a fix or that this is happening to someone other than me?

snowdog

Greenhorn
there's an issue with horse stables. in a playthrough on the new farm type my partner successfully got a stable built, but on the day the stable was finished it had a red circle+X over it. she walked up and successfully gave the invisible horse a name, but after hopping on said invisible horse she hard-crashed to desktop.

temporary fix: the issue is that the game is missing a texture for some reason. SMAPI + Content Patcher + Elle's New Horses (or another horse skin mod) adds a replacement skin, fixing the issue.

single player
OS: SteamOS 3.5.17 (2024_02_28.2) on Steam Deck (1st gen w/ LCD)

Crash log:

Code:
InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.CheckValid(Texture2D texture) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\SpriteBatch.cs:line 172
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\SpriteBatch.cs:line 221
   at StardewValley.Characters.Horse.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Horse.cs:line 685
   at StardewValley.Farmer.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 5944
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.drawFarmers(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 16547
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 16663
   at StardewValley.Farm.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Farm.cs:line 1528
   at StardewValley.Game1.DrawWorld(GameTime time, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15580
   at StardewValley.Game1._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15194
   at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 14995
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 618
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 932
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 661
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.3 build 24087
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: AMD Custom GPU 0405 (vangogh, LLVM 15.0.7, DRM 3.54, 6.1.52-valve16-1-neptune-61)
In-game Date: Fall 3 Y1 Time of Day: 620
Game Location: Farm

Attachments

Last edited:

Vulpix298

Newcomer
Penny's 8 heart event overlaps the new Trout derby, and when you accept the invite to talk to the kids the player just walks against the edge of the tent forever, unable to complete the cutscene so I had to skip it to get out of it.

Windows 10 PC, single player, 1.6.3, Steam

Stardew Valley Screenshot 2024.04.07 - 17.09.20.79.png

Last edited:

gtak3

Newcomer
Sorry for my poor English.

When playing few hours with sounds, the game begin to stutter.
The more hours playing game, the more it becomes stuttering.
When all sound volumes are set to zero/off at game's config menu, no problems occur.
Version 1.5 didn't have these problem.

Windows 10 Pro
Language: jp
single-player

nVidia GTX 1650 4GB VRAM
Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz
8GB system memory
Realtek onboard sound

Actius

Newcomer
Non-cosmetic bug - lost all my items!!
I had two sheds. One had all chests, one had kegs. With 1.6 - my two sheds connected. No matter which one I went into, I appeared in the one to the south. All I could see were the kegs. When exiting, I always exited out the south. I couldn't access my chests anymore. I fixed it when I upgraded one of my sheds to a super shed - the connection broke. Then I made the mistake of upgrading the second shed to a super shed, the connection was there again. I tried emptying and deleting the shed I keep appearing in, and now I go into an empty shed (that no longer exists) and exit back onto the map in the random spot where my shed last was. Very sad about this bug :( I lost basically everything

On PC, non modded, single player
Did you figure out how to fix this issue? I'm also having this issue where my sheds are "connected".

Andrey

Tiller
Oak tree bottom not properly updating after the green rain event. it's fall already and its still green after the season change. might have something to do with the other 2 tree's being infront of it. obviously not a big deal, but might be an indicator of other issues.

windows, english, singleplayer, no mods, this is a completly new 1.6 savefile on the 4 corners farm.

the tree in question is in the bottom right section in the first row of the oak tree area.

View attachment 21401View attachment 21402
It's just moss. Use the scythe. :smile:

MackanT

Newcomer
Screen turns black in the middle of Leo's 9 heart cutscene after showing the library scene. Music remains playing and keyboard input works (kind of), has happened 2 times in a row.
Occurred after entering Leo's home in Stardew Valley (not ginger island) talking to him and gifting him an item and then leaving the building.

By changing video settings (can access inventory/menu) to fullscreen it is no longer a black screen, but it is a static image of the current day special event (Night market beach area)

Happened the day after again, coming from a different entrance. I am guessing it is the combination of trying to do the Willy scene but the night market is active which is causing it?

1712480800312.png

Windows Operating System
Windowed mode
English language
Singleplayer

Last edited:
Can you upload your save and also check for a crash log in the ErrorLogs folder next to the Saves folder?
Here's my save. Also, I checked the crash log and I've gotten three of these errors:

---------------
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at StardewValley.Network.OverlaidDictionary.Add(Vector2 key, Object value) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\OverlaidDictionary.cs:line 253
at StardewValley.Crop.newDay(Int32 state) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Crop.cs:line 942
at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.dayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\TerrainFeatures\HoeDirt.cs:line 811
at StardewValley.Objects.IndoorPot.DayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\IndoorPot.cs:line 102
at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5235
at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\Building.cs:line 1684
at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5330
at StardewValley.Farm.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Farm.cs:line 306
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9078
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.3 build 24087
SDK Helper: GDKHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
In-game Date: Winter 13 Y9 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Attachments

Found a bug where you sleep in a tent on Ginger Island, and the Joja store lightning strike cutscene happens, the game crashes. Tried it four times, same thing happened. It doesn't save, and resets you back to the previous day. Windows 11, 4/5/24, most recent update.
I just had this exact same crash (what are the odds!). I'm on Windows 10.

Edit: Included error log.

Attachments

Last edited:

morshel

Newcomer
Hi!

I'm playing on Windows 10, singleplayer, English language, latest version of the game.

Summer 6 was a new 'green rain' day, everything was working just fine. I got to experience the new content, went to bed. The next day (Summer 7) was a normal sunny day, but I had to go do some irl stuff and since I hasn't done much that day I left the game (I exited the game properly through the menu). A few hours later I launch the game, load my savefile and it's the green rain again (on Summer 7) despite wiki saying it should only happen once per summer (I also already started the Summer 7 day before and it was sunny that time), but it seems not all aspects of it are there. I did a little bit of exploring and there are no weeds or unique trees that you should have on an actual 'green rain' day, my dog is outside running around as if it was a regular sunny day, the TV doesn't work however and the saloon is already open at the earliest time you can get there (like 6:30 AM in my case). There are probably a lot more things broken that I just haven't noticed.
I don't know if this is relevant but I'm also playing with the legacy randomization option enabled.
Same save file, in year 2 something similar happened. I already had a 'normal' green rain day this summer and now it triggered again but without the weeds, moss, trees etc.

Attachments

maevehuien

Newcomer
Lost pet! Sometime within the first year summer, my pet disappeared. it's been about another year now and there's no sign of her. I was hoping I could purchase a new one at Marnie's but because you require full hearts with your first pet (which i did not have) I have been unable to. Please fix this!