im_mi_ni

Greenhorn
In the new farm type Meadowlands, when I hit the tree seed/drops (acorn, pine cone, maple seed) on the floor with tools, the seeds/drops just disappear or appear to get destroyed. The seed/drop is not picked up.

Single player
English Language
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

alinapei

Newcomer
My weapon used to be 3/3 forged until after the update its effects like speed and crit hit were removed, but the 3/3 forged state was unchanged. So I tried unforging and reforging it again. Initially, it seemed the effect are normal, after a few second, the weapon went back to the bugged state. The cindar shards I spent are forever gone though....I play the original game from Steam on Windows 10, in English and singleplayer mode. My computer is Macbook.

Lu312

Newcomer
After the bug fix about the first quest on the meadowlands farm in german I still can't complete the quest. It no longer says -5 but after picking up the eggs the quest still isn't completed.

Yayforstardew

Newcomer
On Meadowlands Farm, we tried to buy 2 additional chickens for the coop at Marnie's. It took my money and let me select the coop and name the chickens. But the chickens never showed up in the coop or the animal tab after that. Multiplayer on Windows if it matters.

Naiwed

Tiller
Sometimes in the sales menu, there can be long text and the price and font may be incorrect.
In this screenshot, everything is fine, but there have been cases when the font was incorrect (if it happens again, I will definitely share!).
Lang: Russian

Attachments

Yayforstardew

Newcomer
On Meadowlands Farm, we tried to buy 2 additional chickens for the coop at Marnie's. It took my money and let me select the coop and name the chickens. But the chickens never showed up in the coop or the animal tab after that. Multiplayer on Windows if it matters.
Updating this: So I'm actually the farmhand in this game. The host tried purchasing the chickens the next day, and they showed up. So apparently this only happens if the farmhand tries to buy them.

Katulus

Newcomer
I can't get Stardew Valley to open on my Mac (Macbook Pro 2019, Intel chip, Sonoma 14.4). I've tried restarting the machine, reinstalling Stardew Valley, reinstalling steam, verifying integrity, compatability mode, the chown command on Stardew Valley site, and anything else I can find. No mods have ever been installed. Clicking play on Steam opens the app for a few seconds, then it crashes. Since my last reinstall of the app, there are no logs in ~/.config/StardewValley. Previously, it would show "Gpu: Could not detect".

Manually opening steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Stardew Valley now gives the error:

Code:
Unhandled exception. Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Unable to retrieve OpenGL version
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformSetup()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Setup()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, Boolean preferHalfPixelOffset, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation gdi)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200
Any help would be appreciated!

natupatu

Newcomer
Hi! We found a bug I did not manage to find in this forum:
  • When in combat, if we attack an enemy (slimes by now, new save) from the bottom and the knockback would throw them to a wall behind them, they may "enter a new dimension", breaking through the door and disappear. If instead of a wall is the farm's house main door, they enter the house (door still closed) but they can still appear again and attack you.
  • Language: english
  • Both Single and Multi player

Sat 13 Summer Year 5 (nothing sold night before) (thunderstorm weather) Penny (wife) glitched through a flower pot I had placed next to the kitchen and took a stroll out of bounds. She was at running speed while out of bounds and glitched through objects such as fish tanks and walls. I quit to title after and when I reloaded she did not do it again. I attached a drawing of the approximate path she took. Windows 11 PC, single-player, English, not sure if I need to attach save file as it was a one-time thing (I've tried to recreate it to no luck)

Attachments

MissHap98

Newcomer
I accepted a monster hunter quest from Clint on the billboard to hunt 50 skeletons, I went into the mines, killed a few, checked my progress and saw the quest actually says hunt 50 bats. It definitely said skeletons before I accepted the quest.

I am using windows 10, english language, single player, absolutely no mods. This is not a new save file, I'm using an old one.

Glossy_Gamer

Greenhorn
Before the update, I had 5 tea bushes in the squares surrounding the sprinkler. Now they have collision and I cannot destroy them or till the soil there.
  • what OS you are using; Windows 11
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Was multiplayer, this is in single-player at the moment
If you want the save file, I'm not sure how to upload it. Every time I do it's telling me it's not the correct format.

1710933181430.png

evanm

Greenhorn
After reaching six hearts with some NPCs, they won’t visit their rival love interest anymore. This affects Alex visiting Haley, Elliott visiting Leah, and Haley visiting Alex.
On my new save I have 6 hearts with Haley and I noticed Alex stopped showing up to the ice cream stand, and thus stopped selling ice cream.

This could be remedied by either 1) not having Haley hang out at the ice cream stand or 2) have her take Alex's place and sell it instead.

MrEevee98

Greenhorn
The ostrich egg incubator became a junimo chest when I upgraded my game to 1.6, it was hatching an egg, so it also does the animation.

1710935808462.png

roesmeister

Greenhorn
Pet (dog) disappeared after a few days and hasn't returned day 4 summer year one. It's also missing in the animal tab.
what OS you are using; windows
in-game language; english
single-player or multiplayer;started single player but is multiplayer now.
anything else you think might be relevant;1.6 new meadow farm

pqbrisa

Greenhorn
playing a pre-1.6 save with level 10 fishing and iridium rod. fish caught after the update mostly have no star quality indicator, even if the catch is "perfect". fish caught pre-update still have their star quality. so far i've only encountered either no star or gold star (these being 2 out of more than 20 fish)
single player and english.

Last edited:

Izziebel01

Newcomer
The Getting Started Quest on the new map does not update for me (German version on Steam, Singleplayer) after I pick up the egg. The text not showing up got fixed yesterday, but now the quest can't be completed anyway

anshu

Newcomer
1710941327697.png

This was a 1.5.6 version unmodded standard map, I just started it in 1.6.1 and my 4 sprinklers have just disappeared, 1 was at the mouse pointer and other 3 were in a grid like position along with a scarecrow on a stone path and a hardwood fence both of them at just immediate right of the line of sprinklers that have disappeared

Vulpin

Newcomer
Buttons on Controller not working:

Windows 10 - Steam / Nintendo Switch Pro Controller / Stardew Valley v1.6 / 2 different computers (same setup)

The menu and crafting buttons don't do anything "+", "B", and "Y". Pressing them does not do the corresponding action. Weirdly, I noticed a graphical hiccup when pressing one of these buttons. Testing holding down one of these buttons cause the game to freeze while holding any down. Unfreezes when letting go of the buttons. All other buttons work just fine. Can't play the game if we can't open the menu. Game will still allow menu opening with keyboard - my wife isn't comfortable using keyboard and mouse.

-I've toggled every setting I could in Steam.
-Reconfigured controller in Steam.
-Double checked Windows 10 settings.
-Tried whatever I could in SDV's settings.
-Tried it in the new farm type and an old farm type.
-And then did that all again a second time, going from Bluetooth to wired. Just can't get the menu and craft buttons to work.

Then for the hell of it I loaded up a 1.5 farm save. Guess what? The buttons work.

I posted this to reddit to see if anybody else was experiencing the same issue. Some are. https://old.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/1bj1oky/16_controller_support_issue/

Edit: I figured out the issue. It was two mods that loaded, but also didn't load causing the issue. With that out of the way, we were able to play. New issue came up when in multiplayer, LAN connection is now doing that few second pause that Online connection use to do.

Last edited: