AChickenFarmer

Newcomer
I'm playing a Multiplayer game on the new farm(I am the host), we are in year two. Recently we refurbished the stump for the raccoons, I let my farmhand use the 100 hardwood on the giant stump, but it didn't complete the quest for me, just the farmhand. I can't rebuild the built house, so I've been stuck on the first part of the quest.

We are also having issues with prize tickets disappearing when obtained through the bulletin board(in front of Pierre's shop). Especially when the inventory is full upon completing the quest.

English
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

noobsqoou

Sodbuster
Blessing of the Prismatic Butterfly is Bugged, it sometimes does not spawn.

PC, 1.6.3, Windows, English.

Twice now, I have visited all the areas during the day, and screenshotted them, and searched through... no butterfly found. Either the spawning is bugged or the tooltip is incorrect and should read something like: "There is a small chance to find a Prismatic Butterfly", rather than implying that its presence is fact.
Same here. Out of the 6 or so times I’ve received this blessing, there have been only 3 times I’ve been able to find it: twice in the backwoods and once at the beach. All I can think is that it’s either spawning or flying to somewhere inaccessible.

SandHalp

Newcomer
My Foraging level is 9, and I have read the Woodcutter's Weekly twice. Both times, I received the message in the bottom left corner, "You've got some new ideas to sleep on." However, the next day, my Foraging level is still level 9.

nicxlel

Newcomer
Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (36).png

(update down below)
hey guys! this is my first time reporting a bug so i hope i'm doing everything alright, not really a computer whizz. i'm playing on windows 11 and my game is up to date and i have never had any mods installed. i won't attach a save file bc i will be restarting the day in hopes of getting a different outcome. so now to my report:
I am currently doing the prismatic jelly quest by the wizard. i found the slime, i slayed the slime (it got checked off in the quest aswell) but it did not drop me the prismatic jelly, it dropped me a magnetic ring.
noteable things:

i slayed it with a sword (dwarf sword) i got through spawning it with the item code (no mod, just naming my new chicken the item code when buying it), so i don't think there is a way i could have obtained that sword through proper gameplay at this point (desert and ginger island not unlocked yet)

i slayed it pinned to a wall so idk if potentially the jelly is somehow stuck in the abyss
i got my first ten hearts with npc's today
i saw maru's ten heart event today
i completet a quest from seb to get him refined quartz today
i did not interact with the wizard since the stardew valley fair

--- UPDATE ----
so, restarting the day worked, i found the slime again, this time i got the prismatic jelly. the most noteable difference, and what i think caused the issue, is that this prismatic jelly did not have a gold star on its antenna, just a regular green blob. the star ones as far as i'm aware are the ones that drop weapons and rings (i originally thought the prismatic slime alwys has the star on its head), i assume the bug is that normally those slimes can not turn into the prismatic one (as far as i'm aware the way the prismatic one works it randomly picks a slime that turns into a prismatic one and it just happened to be a gold star one this time, which it shouldnt be)

other than that the two things i did differently this time was i did not put anything in the selling bin and i did not place a bottle of wine into the enchanter's bundle, if somehoe those things can be related.

hope this bug report helped somehow

Last edited:

Korablik

Newcomer
I'm not sure if this is from 1.6 or something else but when exiting the farm toward the bus stop, the bus stop loads but I am out of bounds and can't be seen or move. I can hear the swinging of tools if I try to use them, but I do not seem to move and the audio is much softer. It appears I am in only a one tile spot as I am not able to place any bombs or items. I can leave the farm from either of the other two paths and I can return to the farm through the bus stop without running into anything that stops me. Also, I loaded a new farm and did not have the issue. It would be nice to not start over though if there is something I can try/do for a fix.

Playing on PC win 10 multiple map, the issue affects all players
Try to move to the right side to the end, than to the bottom, than again to the right and to top

BucketList

Newcomer
Found an odd visual bug with applying wallpapers in cabins

• The first wallpaper and floor in the cataloge won't "stick" when applied to cabins (so wallpaper/flooring 0); more details here
  • Linux (Steam Deck)
  • Single player, using cabin for storage
  • All mods removed, bug persists

choufleur

Newcomer
I have been getting an issue since i started playing after the update, my game crashes everytime i try to leave a festival, the textbox appears and when i click ok the game freezes and closes, if anyone has an idea on how to solde the issue it would be great

choufleur

Newcomer
I'm currently on day 16 of Fall and whenever I try to exit the Stardew Valley Fair the game crashes with the log below. The only pattern is that I get up, wait for the fair to start, go into the fair and at this point try to exit immediately, afterwards the game crashes.
I'm using Windows 10
in-game language: English
single-player
anything else you think might be relevant: my game was Modded back when I last played but afterwards I uninstalled all mods and mod software and haven't had any issues with Vanilla until this new update.

Message: Required location 'Custom_Lance_WarpRoom' not found.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11115
at StardewValley.Event.exitEvent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 764
at StardewValley.Event.endBehaviors(String[] args, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 758
at StardewValley.Event.forceEndFestival(Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 6630
at StardewValley.Menus.ConfirmationDialog.confirm() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ConfirmationDialog.cs:line 76
at StardewValley.Menus.ConfirmationDialog.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ConfirmationDialog.cs:line 94
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4797
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4024
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.1 build 24080
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Fall 16 Y3 Time of Day: 910
Game Location: Temp
I have the exact same issue and situation

Angel Eyes 85

Greenhorn
So I have been looking for mastery cave in cindersap forest and I have no access to it. The door isn't there and I have maxed my 5 skills. I have this issue with my game on my chromebook in single player mode and I don't have an option for multi-player. Is there something that I'm missing? I could really use some feed back on this please.

sailorgatsby

Greenhorn
in the fish mini-game, when i tap pam, i cannot exit from text bubble, so i close the game and never tried again, it happened in year2
im playing with pc (steam), the game is Turkish, single-player

Attachments

krispyplays

Newcomer
I did not receive the Ancient Seed recipe from Gunther when donating the Ancient Seed artifact. I DID receive the Ancient Fruit seed though.
  • On Steam Deck
  • English
  • Single-player

AeolianEmpress

Newcomer
Didn’t get a screenshot in time, but got an error message in red text (sequence missing, I think?) when I tried to go to the movies with Dwarf on 22 Winter, Year 3, around 4:30-5pm. Message popped up when I interacted with the door to go in to watch the movie; interacting with the door again said the movie had concluded; talking to the dwarf crashed the game. Playing on Steam Deck, no mods, in English, single player, first time anything like this has happened!
To follow up on this, I tried the movie again with Jodi instead on the same day. I got the same error message, but this time the game didn’t crash - however, the door to watch the movie says it’s concluded, but the door to leave says “are you sure you want to leave without seeing the movie”. (I could still play the crane game as normal!)

Willowchaloner

Newcomer
Hi I started a world after just buying the game and immediately I’m running into problems with the quest whenever I get any quest that asks for a very common item I won’t be able to find that item like topaz I’m on Emily’s crystal mission I’ve been finding topaz none stop but the second I accepted the quest I can’t find any at all not from fishing or the mines or quarry even. I have no mods and this is really pissing me off not being able to find the most common items in the game when I’m on time sensitive quest I’m now on the last day of the quest and still not one single topaz is anywhere to be found on my world and I’ve been none stop grinding in the mines trying to find one topaz since I started the quest and I’m also having this problem with rainbow shells I’d find one at least once every week on my world but ever since I started the Mr q quest I haven’t seen a single one and it’s almost been a over a year in my world since I started that quest and I’ve been visiting the beach every day since and this has been going on for days I bought the game on the 4th of this month after wanting to play for years and this bug or whatever is happening to my world is marking this game very un enjoyable

cafween

Newcomer
During the Sebastian 6 heart event (the DnD match), I believe I beat the wizard and Sebastian said "hey not bad" but then it froze and I had to restart the game, losing my progress. Windows 11, single-player, up-to-date on patches, unmodded.

Attachments

furyqba

Newcomer
Similar to krispyplays' report from 7 hours ago, but on PC. I've completed the museum collection, but still don't know the recipe for Ancient Fruit seeds. I did receive one seed from Gunther, just not the recipe.

Platform: PC (Steam)
Single player

Attachments

SierraJuliet

Newcomer
Spring 18 (Thursday) year 2, the day after the {1.6 spoiler} festival, I have the 50 loved gifts quest active - I played the game through Thursday where I gifted about half (can't recall the exact number) and then went to sleep (passed out at 2 am bc I have no bed in my house but I was inside the house) and when I woke up, it was Thursday the 18th again instead of rolling over to Friday.

The heart tab that tracks gifts shows the NPCs who received gifts that were given on Thursday but the quest registers 0/50. Now it is impossible to achieve 50 gifts as there are only 45 more opportunities for gifting as indicated by the lack of green X in the box showing if a gift has been given. I know the quest was active before I started giving loved gifts; I don't ever give gifts until I'm working on that quest.

There was no error text.
Windows 11
English
single-player

Attachments

Felirosa

Newcomer
Hi! I think I found a bug -
  • I just found a green frog egg trinket. I equipped him and kept on in the mines. While exploring the mines, I landed on a monster infested floor. The frog ate the last slime on the floor, and then no ladder dropped. I don't think it recognized that the last monster was taken out? I did look around all the edges for any hidden slimes but there weren't any monsters left for sure. It wasn't game breaking or anything, but I wasn't able to continue down since no ladder spawned. I went back up to leave the mines.
  • PC/English, multiplayer, up to date with most recent update
  • I don't really need a fix or anything, I just wanted to report in case it happens to anyone else!