nutkja

Newcomer
Just loaded up an old save and Clint's quest from the board asked me to slay bats but when I accepted it and looked in my journal it says to slay dust sprites.
Screenshot 2024-03-19 223904.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 224010.png

Also I just grabbed a mayo that I put in the machine before the update and it is not edible.

El Penguino

Newcomer
The quest to bring 100 hardwood to the tree stump is still in my journal after another player completed the quest.

I'm hosting multiplayer and the single other player is the one who brought the hardwood to complete the quest. Even after the raccoon has showed up and I've talked to him, it's still in my journal. I've tried bringing the wood myself but it doesn't do anything.

parallax

Farmhand
I bought 1 form from Fizz, then caught a new fish, thereby completing the perfection meter to 100 percent. Now the counter shows 100 percent + 1? Is this how it should be?

Windows 10
Single-player
Russian language
Снимок экрана (273).png

seagullsweeping

Greenhorn
I can't reel in my fishing rod anymore. I'm using the bamboo rod, last fish i caught was a sunfish in town on the bridge to the museum on day 5 of a new file. When the fish bite notification pops up and I right click, nothing happens. I can still left click and remove my rod from the water. This happens anywhere on the map and on days following the bug. I can not fish anymore, period.

Windows 11, Steam, single-player, english

I would upload my save but the files don't appear when I try to attach them.

abbyexthree

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens); When on ginger island, going into the field office and opening the map will open the farm map instead of the ginger island map
  • full error text (if any); N/A
  • what OS you are using; Mac os
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Singleplayer
  • anything else you think might be relevant; N/A

spurtacas

Newcomer
When reading a book I found in the mines the book reading animation plays but the original book sprite persists in midair above my head and then stays in that spot, other players can also see it

midnight.moe

Newcomer
- Windows 10
- English
- single player
At Stardew Valley Fair when talking to the fortune teller I got weird text spacing between lo - ok breaking the word 'look' into two words, during which the teller talks about my relationship with Maru.
20240319225546_1.jpg

Last edited:

VintageCustard

Newcomer
New game in multiplayer (not the host), I initiated the building of a silo in the Meadowlands farm, but quest "Feeding Animals" did not progress for me but did for the host. OS: Windows, Language: English. No mods. Screenshot attached to show silo is built and quest is still active.
1710904359090.png

Last edited:

Synaesthesis

Greenhorn
Playing a save started in version 1.5.
I obtained the Infinity Blade prior to the 1.6 update.
The "Infinite Power (Obtain the most powerful weapon)" achievement does not unlock by having the item in my inventory, or by picking up the item from the ground or from a chest.

Seviana

Greenhorn
Same issue as VintageCustard
  • non-hosts in multiplayer cannot get credit for Feeding Animals Quest step "Build a Silo"
  • 1710905753489.png
  • Windows 11
  • English
  • multiplayer
  • our host is the only one that got credit when a silo was completed. We tried building another silo and nobody else got credit when it completed and 3/4 of us can't progress on the quest
  • map is bluegrass

WulfenSol

Newcomer
I'm currently on day 16 of Fall and whenever I try to exit the Stardew Valley Fair the game crashes with the log below. The only pattern is that I get up, wait for the fair to start, go into the fair and at this point try to exit immediately, afterwards the game crashes.
I'm using Windows 10
in-game language: English
single-player
anything else you think might be relevant: my game was Modded back when I last played but afterwards I uninstalled all mods and mod software and haven't had any issues with Vanilla until this new update.

Message: Required location 'Custom_Lance_WarpRoom' not found.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11115
at StardewValley.Event.exitEvent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 764
at StardewValley.Event.endBehaviors(String[] args, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 758
at StardewValley.Event.forceEndFestival(Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 6630
at StardewValley.Menus.ConfirmationDialog.confirm() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ConfirmationDialog.cs:line 76
at StardewValley.Menus.ConfirmationDialog.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ConfirmationDialog.cs:line 94
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4797
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4024
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.1 build 24080
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Fall 16 Y3 Time of Day: 910
Game Location: Temp

Nekardo

Newcomer
I've been having a problem with the game since 1.5, the game works fine for about 2-5 min, and then it just starts some kind of microstuttering and the audio glitches out, i tried 32-bit beta and it solves the problem but you can't use mods . Also for some reason the problem is solved temporarily when i use the ability of the sword, but this just stops the stuttering and audio problem for a moment.

CandyNim

Farmhand
The Night Market Submarine no longer returns any objects placed inside of them.
How to reproduce:
Go to Winter 17, wait till 5 pm. Enter the submarine or the mermaid boat, and place a chest containing items in it. Then, sleep. Head to the shore of the beach, and see the problem.

Expected Behavior: (how 1.5 worked)
A chest shows up on the shore of the beach containing your items
Actual Behavior:
The items and chest get deleted. This can be verified by placing tools inside the chest, and then when you sleep from the 18th-19th the overnight check looking for tools will notice that they're gone and will put them in the lost and found.

Now, I haven't looked at the code for 1.6 yet but I was looking at this routine for 1.5 and so I'll explain how the process works:
In Game1._newDayAfterFade, there exists the check
if (IsMasterGame)
{
if (currentSeason.Equals("winter") && dayOfMonth == 18)
{ blah blah Utility.transferPlacedObjectsFromOneLocationToAnother submarine and mermaid house}
Now, this has to still be functional because if it was not called the chest would just remain in the submarine and not get deleted.
A summary of transferPlacedObjectsFromOneLocationToAnother is that it goes object by object and puts it in a list. If it's a chest, it puts every item inside the object in the list as well. This also has to be functioning, at least enough to be calling source.objects.Remove(item). With this list, it calls createOverflowChest. (still in Utility)
A summary of createOverflowChest is that it figures out what chest layout the items need to be in. Ultimately, its end result is having a list of chests each containing the items that were transferred. Finally it calls _placeOverflowChestInNearbySpace. I'm honestly tied between whether I think the bug is in create or in place.
A summary of _placeOverflowChestInNearbySpace is that it goes out in a spiral from the center point and looks for any non-occupied, totally clear and placable, non-water spots. Once its either found one or checked 100 tiles it places the chest there.

At some point in this process after it deletes the objects it fails to place the new chests. I'm going to guess that some part of how the game places down chests has changed and this wasn't updated, but this is an entirely unfounded guess.

(I guess I'll say that I'm on 1.6.0 and on Mac and English, and I've attached a save file on Winter 17 with the 50 wood needed to craft a chest so that you can see it yourself. Because I don't have the patience to actually sleep three seasons, I used CJB to set my day to Winter 15 and slept and then slept on vanilla to the 17th)

Attachments

syani

Newcomer
Can you upload the error log if it left one? To find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs
  • On Mac ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
  • On Linux, ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
I had the same bug. Tried to move the scroll bar in the animal tab and my game crashed. I only have 3 animals: 2 chickens 1 cat. Here is my error log file.

Attachments

Mikeliro

Greenhorn
Error in the governor's dialogue at the luau event
1710907386893.png

[game] Event script error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')
[game] In event #festival_summer11 for location Temp
[game] On line #39: speak Governor "$h"
[game] Error running event script #festival_summer11 on line #39 (speak Governor "$h").
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')
at StardewValley.Dialogue.prepareCurrentDialogueForDisplay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 920
at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox..ctor(Dialogue dialogue) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DialogueBox.cs:line 116
at StardewValley.Game1.drawDialogue(NPC speaker) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10352
at StardewValley.Event.DefaultCommands.Speak(Event event, String[] args, EventContext context) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.Commands.cs:line 436
at StardewValley.Event.tryEventCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time, String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.Commands.cs:line 261

pandora

Newcomer
New, unmodded multiplayer game on Mac. English.
Even though I built a silo while the quest was active, game thinks I still need to build a silo for the "feeding animals" quest. There are 2 silo's; the left one is the one the account owner built (first) and the right is the one I built for my quest.

I tried to attach the save file and it wouldn't let me. Contact me if there's anything else you need. Thanks!

Attachments

Ghostie14

Newcomer
I'm getting kicked out of the Luau festival right after the Governor tries the soup, with the cutscene not finishing properly. It happened in both 1.6 and 1.6.1 versions.

• Windows 11
  • Portuguese language
  • Single-player
  • Not modded
  • Year 5
Don't know if it's relevant but I added a gold quality strawberry wine to the soup lol
Captura de tela 2024-03-20 005841.png

Pox

Newcomer
I had a full inventory the first time going into the dungeon and talking with Marlon. The sword appeared in his inventory to swap but I never got to place it in my inventory. It hasn't been sent in the mail and it's been over an in-game week. Is this something I will be able to have sent to me from Marlon, or will I have to restart the save?