gaylie

Newcomer
Bug: When in the mines, backpacks and minecarts that are supposed to contain coal and drop them when interacted with, appear empty and can't be interacted with. My Co-Op partner can interact with them and gets the coal.

OS: Windows 11 for me (Host), Windows 10 for my friend in co-op

In-Game Language: English

Multiplayer

Attachments

Last edited:

xMachina

Newcomer
The lava eel chances are (as stated on the wiki) around 50% when fishing in the level 5 fishing zone, located just to the right of the main rock where the forge sits. When fishing in this zone, lava eels do not appear at the rates established before the updates and appear once every (on average) 8-15 casts, which would mean that, after several days of fishing in this spot with these observations, there is some form of bug affecting these rates.

No patch notes show reduction in rates for this spot. Looking for some info on if this is replicateable for others.

(Build Info): Windows 10, Current Version, Steam, English Language, Multiplayer World, Non-Modded.

Attachments

Quota

Newcomer
I'm on Windows 10, English language, single player.

If you forge a weapon that's eligible for innate enchantments with 3 aquamarines or 1 diamond, you will no longer be able to reroll the innate enchantment.

For example, an Iridium Needle can roll innate enchantments, but if I use 3 aquamarines to fully forge it, I can no longer use dragon teeth to roll innate enchantments on the weapon. Same thing happens when you use a diamond.

It does not seem like any other gem combinations are affected by this.

avizc

Newcomer
Giant stump quest won’t go away for 2nd player after fulfilling quest in multiplayer. Playing on Windows 10

Yoyofarm

Newcomer
Windows 11

Hope I'm not crazy but this is broken yes?? Its not giving me double back but the same amount instead! Stardew Valley Fair - Spinning Wheel mini game!

Attachments

Kanjinuma

Newcomer
I was informed to repost this here.

When using a fishing rod, I noticed that if the player spammed &/or pressed the Esc key multiple times (which is meant to cancel the cast), the sound effects/shakes/delay will persist until input is stopped.
In my testing, this didn't seem to have any damaging results to the game but I figured it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

Windows 10 (Steam)
(And while Im not certain how to find the update version specifically, it is the most up to date as of 3/30/24. (1.6.3 patch last.))

JD82

Newcomer
Started up a new game a few days ago seeing lots of weird stuff happening. Fishing just seems to result in a load of trash and seaweed. Been fishing for weeks and it's just so consistent to get rubbish over fish. The requests I'm getting from Pierre's don't seem right. I got a request for 3 gold bars during spring year 1 which seems a bit early!!! Also the requests are duplicating themselves meaning I'll be asked to do the same thing over and over again. I'll start being more attentive so that my future posts have more detail. The fishing thing is really killing the experience though...and I've read before that this had already been addressed with a smaller update. Not sure it's working...

Playing on Windows 10, via Steam using an Xbox controller.

ithilien22

Greenhorn
Windows 10, English, Single player

Ran into 2 issues with the squidfest event:

1. I fished up a broken trident that could not be trashed or otherwise removed from my inventory (ie by dropping it off the side). It had none of the new enchantments and did not show a value even though I have the price power (I don't remember if that's normal for weapons or not, it might be). I was worried it would take up a permanent inventory slot so I closed to title and reloaded the day.

2. On reloading, all new NPCs in the event (minus the prize giver) were replaced with red error symbols. I could still complete the event as normal. I had used the tent to sleep on the beach so the save reloaded directly there, which I think is related based on other reports I've seen.

xwinkypinky

Newcomer
Whenever I try to get sap or geodes from chest to eq it dissapears. The same thing happens when I collect them, they just don't appear in my eq. I tried reinstalling stardew valley and steam but it doesn't help. Does anyone know what else I can do?

Cyber_Cheburek

Newcomer
PROBLEM SOLVED

After update 1.6, the game crashes on the save loading screen or on the new game screen (where you need to make a farmer's appearance) if you launch the game in Russian, but everything works in English. I read the error logs and it says "Message: Failed loading asset "Data\Furniture""

SOLUTION
found a solution

Delete the game first through Steam (from the devic

then in the steam folder itself (steam\steamapps\common) delete the game folder, then you need to enable showing hidden folders and delete the folder

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

then re-download the game from Steam, it helped me, I hope it helps you too
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

then re-download the game from Steam, it helped me, I hope it helps you too

Last edited:

Pondering

Newcomer
  • After patching Steam Deck Stardew from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3, the game will crash to OS after swinging an axe (or any tool) or mounting horse. This occurs in both single and multi player. Vanilla unmodded install. Confirmed on two Steam Deck devices.
  • None, game crashes back to OS
  • SteamOS on Steam Deck
  • English
  • Both single-player and multiplayer
  • Is there a way to roll the install back to 1.6.2 until this game breaking bug can be fixed?

MapleExecutive

Newcomer
I don’t know if this is an issues exactly but something that might need to be reworked. I unlocked the dwarf in Stardew and the first thing I did was buy the book from the dwarf that gives me 25% less damage from bombs. However I accidentally gifted the book to him and he didn’t sell it again. I just restarted the game but maybe make it so we can’t gift books or he just sells it the next day again?

I’m using windows in single player

silvercoin

Greenhorn
The raccoons asked me 1 smoked shad and 5 clams. I thought it was smoked chub so I brought one. The raccoons accepted the chub instead of the shad they were asking. Are they probably accepting all kind of smoked fish? If so, it should say smoked fish instead of smoked shad.

Attachments

Mystic Argus

Newcomer
Not sure if this has already been reported, but it seems that (at least on my save file) the chest in the volcano forge that gives a prismatic shard re-appeared a couple of times? I had just revisited for the first time on the day in my save and found the chest was unopened. I opened it for a prismatic shard and thought it was strange so I left the room and returned and it was there again! I thought that it would appear every time I entered the room, but upon leaving and entering again it was gone.

If it helps, I did sit in the pause menu for awhile after opening it a second time to make an account here, but it's when I left and re-entered for a screenshot (my third time entering the room) that it didn't re-appear.

Attachments

StardewSimmer

Newcomer
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I just have poor timing, but I've married Elliot many times and never had this issue; I am max hearts with him and cannot enter his cabin at any time. I was able to enter once in Spring, but he wasn't home so cut scene didn't trigger. I went back to perusing him in the winter but still cannot enter his home when he is or is not there. I got the 8 heart letter from him about the book reading, but have not been able to trigger any cutscenes with him that are meant to occur prior to this, as again, his home always says "it's locked". I tried varying times and following his schedule closely. Could still just be me, not sure if others are experiencing this issue.