gary

Greenhorn
Pc
Single Player
New Ice Rod Trinket treats truffles as enemies freezing them and make them uncollectable.
1711707150799.png

Lysiro

Greenhorn
Hello there,

My game crashed for the first time yesterday evening.

The ginger island was freshly unblocked on my save and the weather channel said it was gonna rain on the next day (keep that in mind because it was the first rain occurring after my CC completion).
I went for the first time on the ginger island and I found the three tent kits in the ginger island jungle. I then went ahead and entered the volcano dungeon, explored it a little bit and went back at the entrance because it was already late. So I was standing outside the dungeon, in front of the entrance and decided to use one of the tent kit (for the first time in my save) to sleep on the island because I had no totem.
I had no problem to click on the tent to sleep in it, after that I saw the cutscene of the lightening bolt striking the doors to the abandoned jojamart. But when the cutscene ended, the game went black, didn't save and crashed right there.

I then restarded my game, went back on that save, and the game obviously didn't save that day. I redid everything like before (but went a bit souther after exiting the volcano dungeon before placing my tent) and my game crashed the same way, immediately after the jojamart cutscene.

Today I went back on the ginger island with my save but instead of using a tent kit to sleep on the ginger island, I used a farm totem to go back and sleep in my bed and I had the same jojamart cutscene this night but my game didn't crash. So maybe it has something to do with using the tent kit to sleep outdoor during the jojamart cutscene night?

I'm playing on Win10, singleplayer, unmodded and in english. Ah and it was a save started before the 1.6 update but it is up to date.

I've uploaded the two error logs but they seems pretty the same.

Attachments

raee

Newcomer
We started a new save for 1.6, multiplayer, it’s just my friend and I, she’s playing on PC as I’m playing on steam deck. I have the quest to feed my animals and to build a silo, I built the first one, and it didn’t trigger the quest as done, so I destroyed the first silo, and rebuilt a second one, and still no finished quest. I have added hay to both silos when built and still can’t get it to trigger.

BennytheSquidd

Newcomer
  • My game crashes whenever I change my audio setting (connecting or disconnecting from my bluetooth headset or airpods).
  • No error text.
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • English
  • single-player
  • Save file attached.

Attachments

fruitlessjam48

Newcomer
I suspect that you have encountered a new creature - it's a 'crab' monster that looks like a truffle, with a 'truffle' shell instead of the usual 'rock' shell, and appears on your farm masquerading as an innocent truffle. If so, your frog would treat it as an enemy and eat it. I haven't managed to encounter one yet, but I've seen reports of others who have.
thank you!

bunnyracecar

Newcomer
Started a new save on co-op, meadowlands. Had the Build a Silo quest and guest player requested the silo build however upon completion of silo the quest, it was completed only for the host. Guest player still has the quest as uncompleted on their end. They built a second silo but nothing changed on their end.
Host and guest player on windows 10/steam with both game software up to date.
In game language English.

Thomyka

Newcomer
Hi!
Shouldn't the infinite power achievement be given to me if I already have the infinity blade? I don't want to go through this long process again :/
After a few weeks ingame time I automatically get the achievement. Maybe after the 1.6.3 release..?

Bug - no ancient seed recipe
  • After donating enough artifacts to the museum to get ancient seed and its recipe, I got the seed, but no recipe. Tried restarting the game, un-modding completely (it's now vanilla), the recipe still does not appear in the crafting menu nor is left with the rewards at the museum. I even asked a friend to join my save, he went to the museum and the recipe was there with other rewards, he got it, but I never did (after that I restarted the day in-game, so technically the recipe should still be there). Idk if there is anything else possible that I could do, I hope it's possible to get it, because I need that recipe not to restrict my overall recipe collection, perfection, and just to be able to use ancient seed artifacts I already have.
  • No error text
  • 1.6.3 game version, Windows 11
  • In-game language English
  • Single-player
  • Idk if relevant, but I just updated the game to 1.6.3 before donating enough stuff to the museum to get the ancient seed + recipe

YueGuang

Farmhand
Crops randomly disappear?
Almost every day (I've noticed on spring and summer), leaving the space either empty with fertilizer or totally empty.
At first I thought I missed some tiles, or maybe crows, so I just doubled checked, put a lot of scarecrows and keeps happening three days in a row.

Update: V1.6.2 patch / New farm (Meadowlands)
Language: english
Mode: Single-player
CropsDisappearRandomly.png

Last edited:

ersko

Farmhand
The game froze at the dwarf and krobus cutscene in the sewer, it did not progress, I had to pass. 1.6.3, w10, vanilla and single player.

Last edited:

mossy.stones

Newcomer
Not sure if this counts as a bug or just a mistake on my part, but I used an oak bench to get into the Secret Woods before obtaining the steel axe and was then unable to leave using the bench, forcing me to stay in the woods until I passed out. This is on singleplayer 1.6.

sirspoticus

Newcomer
I'm not able to put tappers on the funky leafless trees in Fall. I can put them on normal trees just fine, but it doesn't work on the funky trees. It will show up green on one space above the bottom of the tree and red on the bottom, but it doesn't work either way. I asked a friend to try it for me and it didn't work for her either.
I have Windows 10 and I'm playing single-player in English on Steam with no mods. I didn't see any error logs.
I'm not sure if I attached my save file right but I tried to do it in a zip folder.

Attachments

Leeous

Greenhorn
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    • The game completely crashes on use of the pickaxe or hoe. It also crashes when I was attempting to go into Pierre's.
      I really believe this is a Proton/Steam Deck issue, but I wanted to make a post so people are aware of the bug. This bug seems to only be reproducible on the Steam Deck. I have a Ubuntu Desktop that doesn't crash when attempting to reproduce the bug.
  • full error text (if any);
    • No logs in ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
  • what OS you are using;
    • Steam OS (build 20240228.2)
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • Single-player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
    • Can't think of anything, other than it seems only to happen on the Steam Deck. There are ~5 threads in the Steam community forums about this bug, everyone is at different points in the game so it's not day specific.
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file! You can get your save this way: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
    • I attached my most recent save.

For other's experiencing this bug; the only fix I know of right now is switching your Proton version to experimental (open options > properties > compatibility > check "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool' and switch to Proton Experimental), however, this supposedly stops multiplayer from working.

Attachments

Last edited:

Unschi

Newcomer
1711730022259.png
I have two bugs. First on the Beach farm there's this Visual glitch when placing the Obelisks right next to the stairs (maybe also with other buildings and on different Farms as well, idk)
1711730425303.png
The second bug is with fences. You can walk thru fences on your Horse. For replication: 1. walk to the gate on your horse (at around the distance showed in the first photo)
1711730333115.png
2. Walk straight down or up (depending on where you wanna phase through the fence) 3. Walk through the fence

It only works while riding the horse and it didn't work on foot for me.

CScout

Sodbuster
I doing the dessert festival for the first time and a mosh pit formed. Seems the villager pathing got a bit messed up.

Edit: I tried going back to the valley and then coming back and got stuck in the bus. Moving past the villagers is super inconsistent and the won't move.

Attachments

Last edited:
SINGLE PLAYER - MEADOWLANE FARMS - PC WINDOWS 10 - NO MODS - ENGLISH

I keep opening the game and it won't launch my saved game I'm playing. No problem with my old save, but the one I made when the 1.6 came won't launch.
I played on it two days ago, and had NO issues at all.

I tried changing the startup preferences and it is and has always been blank, and I tried uninstalling, turning on and off my computer, and logging in and out of Steam.

I have never had SMAPI or any mods.

Everything is just plain old base game Stardew Valley, and I've never had it do like this before.

I wanna post my save file too, but it shows me two different ones when I look it up, and I'm unsure which one it is.

Cepheus

Newcomer
Hello, this is the first time I'm using this forum, so forgive me if I do anything wrong!
In my english multiplayer savefile (although I've only ever played alone on it as far as I can remember), on windows, the dwarf has gone back to speaking dwarvish after the update. I have donated all the scrolls to the museum, and had the translation guide right up until the update, when it disappeared from my wallet. I can't access the dwarf's shop, nor can I develop friendship - but the four hearts I had with it when I still could understand it have been maintained.

BananaTaigar

Greenhorn
Explain the issue:
Training rod only gives trash items and seaweed when fishing in the ocean south of Pelican Town. However, I've also noticed that after hitting a certain level in fishing, I haven't caught Anchovies or Sardines. The bug may be more expansive if it is level related rather than rod related... If rod related, I think 1.6 really just does

Full error text: N/A

What OS you are using: Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)

In-game language: English

Single-player or multiplayer: Single

Anything else you think might be relevant:
I have no mods installed. Save is also included below. I've noticed that after a while, I really haven't been catching sardines or anchovies. So I bought myself a training rod. Only caught seaweed and trash. I checked the mountain lake and the town river, and everything seems to be working fine (included below). I do not know if it is just related to the training rod, fishing levels causing me not to catch common ocean fishes all together, something changed about the seasonal availability of the common ocean fishes, or my luck might just be absolutely abysmal. Regardless, I require sardines for non-nefarious purposes.

Thank you :heart:
SV1.png
SV2.png
SV3.png
SV4.png

Attachments