RyukeKuroi

Greenhorn
Update: Managed to make it work by reinstalling/updating SMAPI 4.0 version. For people with the same problem it automatically replaces the old SMAPI stuff or you get a prompt for it to be uninstalled.

The game won't launch for me. I have already tried a bunch of suggested options below that was made on an earlier post. Added in bold are some details. I've never had this problem before update 1.6.
I play on PC via Steam on a Windows 10 computer. Don't have any mods.
When launching I do see a small black window popping up but that quickly disappears so I can't clearly see if there is any message/error message. After this the Steam launch button 'resets' itself so you can press play. I added the error log at the bottom.

• Delete the startup_preferences file in %AppData%/StardewValley
    Was in a different location but managed to find it, delete it, did nothing
  • Go into the game file directly (you can find this by right clicking game in steam library > properties > local files > browse local files...) and then into the folder titled “_CommonRedist”, then “XNA”, then “4.0”, then “xnafx40_redist” installer. Once there, run the installer and hit repair.
    Was in a different location but managed to find it, delete it, did nothing
  • If you don’t have SMAPI installed, right-click on Stardew Valley in Steam, then go to Properties > Set Launch Options, and make sure it is empty.
    When going to the Launch option folder that Steam references (as set launch option button isn't there anymore) the folder doesn't exist so I guess it's empty???
  • If you are running the software "RivaTuner", exit out of it completely before running the game
    Don't have that installed
  • Go to Device Manager > System Devices and check if there is something called "FrescoLogic Display Adapter". this can cause incompatiblity issues.
    Don't have that

I also tried reinstalling the game and restarting pc etc. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Error log info:

[22:03:31 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 3.8.1 with Stardew Valley 1.6.0 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    [22:03:31 INFO SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
    [22:03:31 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2024-03-19T21:03:31 UTC
    [22:03:31 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...

Last edited:

MaiRin

Newcomer
Game crashed when i used the scroll bar in the animal tab.
Windows 11, English, Singleplayer
its a new save on meadowlands so maybe its because there is nothing to scroll.
The exact same thing happened to me. Exactly the same situation.

sassidie

Newcomer
Hi I am new to modding but it seemed straight forward. I was only playing with UI Info Suite in the mods folder on my Macbook. I downloaded the updated version from today and updated my game on Steam. When I tried to open the game from steam I got this message. But when I follow that link it takes me to the mod I have installed. I tried to remove it from the mod folder and run the game without mods but I'm still getting this message? The blacked out bars are just my full name that I don't want shared here. :)

Also when I get this message and hit any key, close the window, and go back to Steam it says my game is "stopping" but doesn't close. I have to force quit Steam to get it to stop running. Any advice?

Edit to add: I know this thread is NOT for modding. I am also having the issue with the game not running with no mods in the mod folder.

Attachments

luizhmaniose

Greenhorn

in the portuguese translation, there's some kind of "overlap" between the description text and the requirements for the slime hutch

Single-player game, new save, official portuguese translation
windows 11
no mods installed

Grole

Newcomer
Game crashes when clicking on the scroll bar in the Animal Tab. No error messages, just crashes.
Windows 10, in game language: English. single-player, Steam platform
Happened in normal mode and compatibility mode. I was using compatibility with previous game version because my PC is on the older side, and normal mode had sporadic slowdowns with chopping and distorted sounds. These issues were not present in the compatibility mode (saw this solution somewhere, cannot recall where).
EDIT: Just had that slowdown issue with the normal mode again, so I'll revert to compatibility mode and report any other bugs that I find.

Last edited:

Lu312

Newcomer
I just started a new file on the meadowland farm but on my first task where I have to collect eggs the progressmarker is broken and only shows -5. I play on Windows and in german.

LCNonsense

Greenhorn
20240319174207_1.jpg

I was just checking my inventory on a current save, and the image of the pickles were missing. Does have a shadow underneath where it should be though. English, Windows 11, Single-player.

jessikakill

Newcomer
English, unmodded, single player, beach farm.

My tea plants have turned invisible. They appear to be there physically (shakes when space they were in is right clicked, farmer can't move through them), there's just nothing visible.

Sayu

Greenhorn
Hi!

I just started a new file on Meadowlands farm. I got my first quests to take care of the chickens and I assume to collect eggs. But my progress marker is broken and only shows "-5":

View attachment 19249

I already collected two eggs but nothing changed. I play on Steam Windows 10 in German language, single-player.

Thank you!
Same issue here! I fed the chickens 5 times, had them grass feed 5 days and harvested a lot of eggs, no change..

Marco135

Greenhorn
1710886561095.png

I updated my game and the Ostrich incubator became a pulsating junimo chest. It was incubating an egg. Never bought a junimo chest.

dylanab

Greenhorn
PC, Year 1, the cat adoption cutscene came up. I'm using a Nintendo Switch controller with the Controller-Style Menu option unchecked. On the Choose A Name overlay I can move the cursor like normal. However, when clicking into the name to show the keyboard, I cannot move the cursor. This disallows me from.being able to type anything in.

nalu_munhoz

Newcomer
hiii!!! on my Luau the game skipped the cutscene as soon as Governor tasted the soup, I added coffee into it. It transported me to my house and an error message appeared. My game is not modded and I play in Portuguese

IMG_20240319_194723_008.jpg

Last edited:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Hi I am new to modding but it seemed straight forward. I was only playing with UI Info Suite in the mods folder on my Macbook. I downloaded the updated version from today and updated my game on Steam. When I tried to open the game from steam I got this message. But when I follow that link it takes me to the mod I have installed. I tried to remove it from the mod folder and run the game without mods but I'm still getting this message? The blacked out bars are just my full name that I don't want shared here. :)

Also when I get this message and hit any key, close the window, and go back to Steam it says my game is "stopping" but doesn't close. I have to force quit Steam to get it to stop running. Any advice?

Edit to add: I know this thread is NOT for modding. I am also having the issue with the game not running with no mods in the mod folder.
This one isn't a game bug. You're using the SMAPI version for Stardew 1.5. Update SMAPI (NOT the mod inside SMAPI),and ot should be all good.