tatertotvalley

Newcomer
Game crashed at start of the day when I clicked on my spouse (Harvey 14 hearts) Was still in bed and just exploring the new menu. Had just discovered the Junimo screen on the wallet shortly before

windows 11
Files verified on steam

Svaloq

Newcomer
Game breaking bug(s) on Steam Deck with update 1.6.2
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
The game crashes when doing certain actions. So far, I have seen it crash when doing the following: trying to go into some of the buildings outside of the farm, swinging the pick axe, swinging the axe, casting the fishing rod. So far I have found that the following locations cause crashes: Robin's house, Clint's house, Evelyn's house. However, entering these locations work fine: Linus' tent, the community center, the mines. With the tool use crashes, the animations for the tools start and the game crashes before they finish. Swinging a sword or scythe, using a slingshot, and using the watering can do not crash the game. I could not test the hoe because mine is currently being upgraded. I seem to be able to pick up/place items and take items out of/place them into chests without any issues.
  • full error text (if any);
No error text
  • what OS you are using;
Steam Deck
  • in-game language;
English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
Single-player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
I'm not sure it's relevant to the issue but I am on Winter Year 1 Day 16 and I chose the Forest Farm. This seems to be a result of the 1.6.2 update. I had not encountered any of these issues since 1.6 came out and when they started happening, I noticed that my game had just installed the 1.6.2 update. I tried verifying the integrity of the game files and there were no issues. I also reinstalled the game and the issue was not fixed.

UPDATE: Restarting my Steam Deck has fixed the problem for now.

Last edited:

InAnotherCatsle

Greenhorn
started new save for 1.6 update (no mods) and chose to date emily saw all of her heart events but for some reason her 10 heart will not trigger. ive met the requirements for it but i still havent recieved the letter to initiate the 10 heart ive made sure to try on all days that arent a festivil/raining or in winter even unlocked the secret woods too.I even tried going to the secret woods at 10pm everynight there wasint rain/event/winter to see if i mabye get the letter for her 10 heart event the next morning still nothing. At first i thought it would take a while to get the letter but i got to 10 hearts with her in summer year 1 and im now in fall year 2 i know it doesnt normally take that long and i checked online to see if i messed up but ive seen a few other posts mentioning the same thing. Really hope it gets fixed : )
Loving the new update, but I am also having the same issue with Emily's 10-heart event!

I started a new save file for 1.6 with the intention of marrying Emily, presented her with a bouquet on her birthday year 2 after seeing all of her previous heart events, gave her a loved birthday gift which immediately brought her up to 10 hearts, and now it is fall year 2 and there is still no letter in sight. I have also tried going into the secret woods on a sunny day after 10pm to see if the event would trigger without the letter, but no luck.

I've been holding off on proposing to her because it would be weird to see that cutscene after we're already married.

FWIW, it seems to be a fairly common bug amongst Steam users, with many of us in the discussion forums there not getting the 10-heart letter.

Windows 11, Steam, single-player, English, have never used any mods

Amazigurl

Greenhorn
New recipes are not showing images either in the recipe tab or once you craft them. You can still interact as normal, but they'll be invisible. Single-player, new save. I am modded, but I don't have anything that would affect this, plus I double-checked everything. No error code that I could find. Playing from Steam.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 115535.png

VampireCake

Rancher
Some standard trees now seem to display as the bare wild tree sprite in autumn - both on the farm and player-planted trees off the farm. Tappers remain on them but don't work, and removed tappers cannot be re-placed.

- Win 7 Pro
- English
- Singleplayer
- no mods.

fruitlessjam48

Newcomer
I have a trinket called a prismatic frog egg, which creates a frog companion who eats enemies. I saw my frog eat a truffle. This is not a enemy. I play on unmoddded mulitplayer (I am playing alone right now so it could be singleplayer) mac stardew 1.6.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ithildin

Newcomer
Platform: win10 steam
Version: 1.6
Language: Chinese
Description:
bug.png

I was hosting the game, enjoying Stardew Valley Fair with 3 friends. After one player quitted, we found that we just could't leave the festival.
It said "Waiting for other player(3/4)", but there were only 3 players in game.
The same problem occoured even after all my friends quitted. "Waiting for other player(1/4)"
When using "/list" command, it still show 4 players online.

Hello! I don't see ANYONE talking about this bug, not in the Brazilian forums, groups and pages in which I participate and not even in American or other country forums.

ERROR:
At the desert festival (the one where we catch eggs and which lasts 3 days) if by chance we make Scar-go (the snail) win and we click on the man to get our prize in eggs... the game simply closes!!

This only happens when the snail wins, when it is one of the others, this does not happen.

I tested with the same save (which I use to play with my boyfriend) playing together with him and then him playing alone, the same error happens.

In both situations, playing together or alone, we paid that man to disrupt the scar-go competitors, when I played with my boyfriend he paid to disrupt one competitor and I paid to disrupt the other. When he played alone he paid to disturb just one opponent.

My computer system:
Windows 11 Home
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz Processor
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

My boyfriend's computer system:
Windows 7
4gb de RAM
GeForce 1060

Game language on both systems: Portuguese

Game mode: Single Player and Multiplayers (I played with my boyfriend in Multiplayer mode, the error happened, to test, he played alone, without me having entered the game, but using the same save, the error happened to him too, even though he was playing alone).

Detail: the "owner" of the save is my boyfriend, I am the "guest"

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 00.12.30 (1).jpeg

Tillian19

Newcomer
I finally unlocked the movie theater, but when I went to go watch the movie an error message below popped up, the screen went black, and I was back in the lobby. I tried to re-click the door, and it said "The movie has concluded", but when I tried to leave it asked me "Are you sure you want to leave the theater without seeing the movie?". I was still unable to see the movie. Afterwards, I went to bed and tried it a second time with another NPC just to make sure it was still happening, and not one specific character. I bought the NPC a snack and played the claw machine both times, but I was unable to watch any movies.
I am using Mac OS, English, Single-Player. I started this file in 1.5, so that might be something.

Attachments

Spidermads

Newcomer
I’m playing a multiplayer game and stuck on the feeding animals quest. I am not the host but I built both of our two silos and it has only completed the quest for the host.

Attachments

mak1neci

Newcomer
Hi, I am playing stardew valley with 1.6.

In singleplayer mod ı faced with that bug. When ı try to buy 2nd improvement for my house, i faced with that mention but i have enough sources for it. You can see from photos.

Language: Turkish

Attachments

Last edited:

Aminamazing

Newcomer
When fishing, with a max cast distance and a "Perfect" catch, I am getting a no-star fish instead of a higher quality one. This has happened in the river and ocean.

I am on a new 1.6 Standard farm, Windows 11, English, Single-player.

The issue is happening with standard bait on a fiberglass rod, I'm currently fishing level 4 (idk if that's relevant or not though).

Save file below (I think, I'm not sure if this is the right file)

Attachments

stormyy

Newcomer
okay so i made this report previous bug report which detailed an issue i had with building additional cabins on a farm that was originally singleplayer (but has had players on prior to 1.6 update, and has 2 working cabins)

the previous report is really long (sorry) because i discovered the bug after doing like 17 things that day

i have since played around with adding cabins to my save after i restarted the day and passed a month ingame.

when i add a cabin onto my existing farm, i can enter it and change the wallpaper/flooring, but i cannot move furniture, move regular objects, etc. i can place both but upon breaking regular objects with a pic they are unable to be picked up. the animation for the swoosh of the pic/axe/sword sticks on screen and doesnt disappear until you exit/enter the cabin.

contrary to my previous bug report theres no shenanigans with where i appear after exiting the new cabin, so that was probably related to the fact that i used the wizard to move them around and i bought 4 in one day

windows 11, steam launch, english, i started the farm singleplayer but opened it up via steam & in game multiplayer function (game code password thing) to allow friends on

stormyy

Newcomer
okay so i made this report previous bug report which detailed an issue i had with building additional cabins on a farm that was originally singleplayer (but has had players on prior to 1.6 update, and has 2 working cabins)

the previous report is really long (sorry) because i discovered the bug after doing like 17 things that day

i have since played around with adding cabins to my save after i restarted the day and passed a month ingame.

when i add a cabin onto my existing farm, i can enter it and change the wallpaper/flooring, but i cannot move furniture, move regular objects, etc. i can place both but upon breaking regular objects with a pic they are unable to be picked up. the animation for the swoosh of the pic/axe/sword sticks on screen and doesnt disappear until you exit/enter the cabin.

contrary to my previous bug report theres no shenanigans with where i appear after exiting the new cabin, so that was probably related to the fact that i used the wizard to move them around and i bought 4 in one day

windows 11, steam launch, english, i started the farm singleplayer but opened it up via steam & in game multiplayer function (game code password thing) to allow friends on
upon saving the day and moving on, if i enter the cabin again the wallpaper/flooring changes are gone, but the original bug (unable to pick up items/animations not disappearing)

Redfishblufishh

Greenhorn
I am playing on windows single player, in year three the first day of the desert festival and the game crashes whenever I try to sleep. I’ve played the same day 3 times hoping to fix it somehow but no matter what the game crashes and I cannot progress to the next day.

jaimeexox

Greenhorn
Hello! Playing English, on windows. I've tried asking about this in the discord server to no avail, so I figured I'd put this here! I'm unable to play multiplayer. It's not steam, nor is it my Wi-Fi. when I try to join my friends farms, or they try to join mine, we get a "connection failed" and we can't play together. this only started happening after I installed 1.6.2.

sunhold

Greenhorn
Having an issue where in a two-person multiplayer game, the second player experiences camera issues when changing map locations. For example, when leaving the (Meadowlands) farm and entering Cindersap Forest, the screen/camera will snap to the 'center' of the map, and then snap back to the player. This happens every time a new map is entered.

Both players use Windows, both in English, and no error text pops up.

Of note, this only happens to the farmhand, tested in both unmodded and modded games, and only in multiplayer; singeplayer does not have this issue. This issue has also only started in the last day or so.

Attachments