Waffle

Newcomer
(EDIT I think i accidently posted this in the wrong place so im posting it here sorry its my first time using this ;-;) So not entierly sure if its just me or not but started new save for 1.6 update (no mods) and chose to date emily saw all of her heart events but for some reason her 10 heart will not trigger. ive met the requirements for it but i still havent recieved the letter to initiate the 10 heart ive made sure to try on all days that arent a festivil/raining or in winter even unlocked the secret woods too.I even tried going to the secret woods at 10pm everynight there wasint rain/event/winter to see if i mabye get the letter for her 10 heart event the next morning still nothing. At first i thought it would take a while to get the letter but i got to 10 hearts with her in summer year 1 and im now in fall year 2 i know it doesnt normally take that long and i checked online to see if i messed up but ive seen a few other posts mentioning the same thing. Really hope it gets fixed : )

Elytra

Newcomer
Multiplayer Meadowlands Farm (1.6.2):
Whenever one of us fishes, the other hears a sound when the "HIT" action appears. It's not the bobber sounds or the clink of the "HIT" sound, we hear the sound when a fish exits the bubble in the fishing minigame.
We only hear when the "HIT" cue happens and the minigame screen opens, the active fishing is not heard.
They would be fishing and I could be in the mines, in town, at the house and would hear the bubble sound cue.
For the person fishing, it just sounds like a normal fishing experience, but for the person doing other activities in the game, it sounds like an uneven alert tone. (It nearly drove me crazy trying to figure out what sound I was hearing lol)

acmelab3

Newcomer
Hello! I'm having big issues with vertical lines appearing when I walk around. I'm on PC. Windows 11. When I turn off vsync it helps very slightly but then it makes me nauseated. This has never happened to me before. Only happens when I'm outside. Didn't start at all until the river in town came on screen. Now it happens even at the farm. In-game language is english. Single player. My graphics driver is fully up-to-date.

Ok, i just verified my game files to see if that was it. It wasn't. One new thing I noticed is that it didn't do anything until I planted parsnips on my farm for the first time.

SageFarmer

Newcomer
  • I traded in two books at the bookseller. I did not receive the items in my inventory. :frown: When I clicked the "buy" button, the two books I had traded in were there, available to be bought back. (They were Jewels of the Sea and Book of Mysteries. I traded them in for a Sea Jelly and a Mystery Box, respectively.)
  • I read each of those books once before. These were extras I was trading in.
  • No mods. Single-player. Steam for Macbook. 1.6.2 Patch Update. English
  • Happened Day 22 of Winter, Year 1
  • There was plenty of space in my inventory
I'm so confused. I have been googling and searching for an answer, but can't find anything. I slept into the next day and checked the lost and found.

Last edited:

soapbuds

Newcomer
Hi there, I’m having issues with the community center. I had 6 copper bars in my inventory and submitted them and the community center took all 6 of them instead of just one and I can’t get them back. I also submitted 5 gold parsnips and I went back to the community center and they’re not showing up at all.

gmlupatelli

Greenhorn
Cosmetic Issue in the opening screen
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    • Intro screen in a ultrawide monitor is not covering the whole screen;
    • Graphics settings:
      • Windowed Borderless
      • 5120 x 1440 resolution
      • Standart Menu Backgorunds
      • VSync on
      • 100% UI Scale
      • Lock Toolbar on
      • 100% Zoom Level
      • Zoom buttons off
      • Snow Transparency max
      • Show flash effects on
      • Use Hardware Cursor off
  • full error text (if any);
    • N/A
  • what OS you are using;
    • Windows 11 PRO - Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • Single-player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
    • N/A
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file! You can get your save this way: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
1711507731458.png

franfry

Greenhorn
I am playing on a single player, english, windows eleven save file and I have been expirencing a constant crash in the game for the past several day. It happens when I go to sleep, right before it saves, so I have to play the day over again. I have ran into similar issues before where the game will crash when I sleep before saving, but I am usually able to re-load the game and re-play the day then have it be able to save. I have been stuck on the same say, 16th of Spring, and have been unable to move past it. I have attempted several potential solutions: uninstalling and reinstalling the game, disk clean up, removing food from the fridges and inventory, restarting my computer, and turning off saving to the cloud on steam. This is the error message:

---------------
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location '' not found.
at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11120
at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, String targetLocationName, Point position) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10537
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupMerchantSchedule(NPC character, Int32 shop_index) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 214
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupFestivalDay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 2334
at StardewValley.Game1.PerformPassiveFestivalSetup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4195
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9216
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.2 build 24081
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics
In-game Date: Spring 17 Y5 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

apoptastic

Farmhand
I believe I am unable to catch river, sea, or mine jelly. I am using a magic rock candy and resetting days multiple times, getting 20+ junk each try and I have yet to catch one. The only thing that I think could have caused this is that I failed the 'Extended Family' quest.

I know that this is ultimately RNG, but it seems extremely unlikely from what I've seen from others and what I read on the wiki.

Game Version: 1.6.2 build 24081
Game Language: English
In-Game Date: Fall 22 Y8

VampireCake

Rancher
Some heavy tappers now giving no produce on standard trees outside the farm. (trees and tappers both placed prior to 1.6) Additionally, any trees that have randomly lost their leaves in fall cannot have tappers placed on them. If they already had a tapper on, it can be removed but cannot be re-placed.

- Win 7 Pro
- English
- Singleplayer
- no mods.

sholdi1313

Newcomer
summer 24 first year. new save, english, windows. evelyn clips through george when walking to the right of him when he sits in front of the tv.

Femix Zn

Newcomer
Issue I encountered:
On the BEACH FARM, MOVING the FARM HOUSE from it's original position makes it IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE IT BACK

After moving the farmhouse on my beach farm I realized it was impossible to place it back to it's original position. A "path tile" right in front of the house's original position's door is an invalid location for the house despite the fact that the house starts off on top of it. I don't believe this is intended, and if it is, it really shouldn't be.

The issue happens every time I try to move the house back to it's original position, and it is not tied to save files as I can easily replicate it even on a brand new file as long as I pick the beach farm type.

I am playing on PC, version 1.6, Windows 10. My game is not modded and the save file I originally encountered this issue in was created in 1.5 (though I am able to replicate it on any new save set on the beach farm). And I play single player.

Important info for replicating the issue: I did not encounter the issue on the standard farm map, only beach farm. Picking up and moving the house shows that the path block in front of the house is regarded as an invalid placement for the house, but it is still possible to place it back as long as you haven't saved a new location for the house. Moving the house somewhere else and then saving the new location/closing the menu is what makes it impossible to move the house back.
+1 on this issue. You can't place it on any tile that has this pathing, which is really annoying because I wanted to move my farmhouse down a few tiles, and now I can't even place it back.

Love the update outside of this one annoyance.

Attachments

Valeaves

Newcomer
In year 2 Lewis‘ (potentially new?) dialogue when starting the egg hunt (edit: and also at the Luau) is buggy - it shows only one word, probably the first one, in each text bubble (edit: same thing with the Gouverneur at Luau).
I‘m playing single player, in German, on Windows 10.

- Lewis dialogue broken
- Win 10
- German
- single player
- no mods

Edit: better formatting

IMG_4786.jpeg
IMG_4787.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg
IMG_4789.jpeg

Last edited:

Lexinka

Newcomer
Hey,
- Co-Op games (3 players)
- I am host, playing on SteamDeck
- 2 other players playing on PC

Not being able to sleep
During the fishing festival my 2 friends decided to sleep in one tent together, I was trying to sleep on the farm. Sleeping counter did count all of us asleep, but it did not change the day. Time stopped at 2AM, the sleeping counter stayed on the screen and nothing happened. I have been able to sleep to the next day after they both disconnected. This did not happen when the 2 players sleep separated, each in their own tent.
Disconnection of one player
We all have stable internet connection, but one player tends to get kicked out of the game once a day, for no apperent reason. This did not happen to us before the 1.6.

Rothinsky

Greenhorn
Hi there. Unfortunately it was not possible to take a screen shot.
German Version
Steam 1.6.2
unmodded
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Year one - Flower Dance

It's only a minor translation bug. When the flower dance ends and the screen fates out the appearing message "That was fun! Time to go home..." is in english and not german

G-Shroom

Newcomer
the Emily 10 heart event is unaccsessable i didnt get a letter and niothing happened when i arrived at the secret forest at 10pm
and ive done everything
i dont wanna continue until this is fixed

Last edited:

NhoVahdy

Newcomer
Shortly prior to the 1.6 update, I had completed a full trio of forged Infinity Weapons: A sword with full Aquamarine crit-rate boosts, a dagger with full Topaz defense boosts, and a hammer/gavel with a full Ruby attack inset.

I had played on a new game file for a few (real-world) days for the 1.6 update, before finally returning to my main save file this last evening. (March 26th) When I did, I found that my favorite of the three weapons, the Infinity Sword, wasn't critting anywhere near as much as I was used to. After hovering over the sword within my pack, and then the other 2 weapons that I had in chest storage, I realized that all three of my Infinity weapons didn't have the improved stats they should have had.

The sword wasn't displaying ANY improved crit-chance, and the hammer's and dagger's stats were clearly back to their baseline values, despite the game printing out the stats that should have been affected in blue. (The dagger used to be at +6 Defense with improvements, and was now at +3. Gavel was now at 100-120 damage, etc.)

I tried un-forging my Infinity sword, and then immediately re-forging it with a new set of Aquamarines to see if that fixed the issue, but the improved crit-chance display didn't return, nor did it feel like I had my typical improved crit rate back after trying to use the re-forged sword.

I play single-player English on Steam.
Infinity Dagger.png
Infinity Sword.png
Infinity Gavel.png

DrunkSword

Newcomer
Playing multiplayer, Windows, not the host. I used the nuke power-up to kill the first boss in Journey of the Prairie King, then exited the game and went back to the farm before getting the +1 health and getting onto the platform to the next level.

Upon returning to the machine the other day, the animation of being carried to the next level played instantly. When I spawned into the level, the projectiles bosses shoot immediately appeared from mid-air and killed me. The boss model itself didn't spawn into the game at all, the shots were just appearing from a point on the right side of the map.

ziph

Newcomer
During the Trout Derby, using a spinner tackle made me unable to get a golden tag. I caught over 10 rainbow trout with it equipped (at first because I wanted higher bite rates and after a while to see if it was because of the tackle) and did not receive a single tag. As soon as I removed it, catching trout gave me tags again.