08MASH

Newcomer
Went to play this evening on my PC, I have Stardew downloaded through xbox gamepass. It said there was an update. updated now game keeps on crashing when i try to launch it. I keep on getting Error code 0xe0434352.
I have tried reinstalling the game, restarting my computer, verifying the game files nothing worked.
I was looking forward to playing the new update but I guess I'll wait a little longer.

mochieboy

Newcomer
me and my friend were in co-op 2 player. we passed out on the farm due to time and woke up in the same big house (since we always sleep in the same house). the owner of the server went outside and got the cutscene for being picked up by clint during the night. i tried to walk outside, but my screen froze and didn't even allow me to open the menu. i quit the game by force exiting out. i joined in the save again, and my screen was completely black save for my mouse. i could move it around and tell i was in one of the houses, but my friend couldn't see me. then he (server owner) went and bought a new house and i created a new farmer. tried joining again and my screen was still black. friend made a new world but it was still broken, except now i was able to move around in the blackness and went to sleep. friend went to sleep too. i woke up at the same time i fell asleep, friend was gone and said he had a completely black screen. i tried to exit the house, but the game froze again and now we were both stuck in the black screen loop. went into singleplayer and everything was working fine...
first image is of first black screen, second image is of after i slept and woke up immediately.
Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (75).png

K3vin

Tiller
I'm playing with my girlfriend, on the new 1.6 farm and when trying to update the main farm house in the second upgrade that asks for 50 thousand gold, even though I have the money and the necessary material, the game says that I don't have the money needed for the upgrade

Scooty

Greenhorn
I found an interesting bug with the decorative joja door ( From the Joja furniture catalog ).
If you set the door up normally.. it's fine, but if you RIGHT click while it's hovering over the wall it turns into a... table and chair?
1711426328560.png
1711426331157.png

stormyy

Newcomer
im late game, year nine (clock, full barn, full coop, 6 max sheds, full house, horse, slime hutch, 4 teleporters, greenhouse, 5 junimo huts, 4 full fish.)
previous to 1.6 i had two guest houses on my farm (stone and wood, both internally decorated),
ive gone to robin several times to make pet spots/ rearrange/destroy, but i hadnt built a structure you could enter. (at this point i have 8 pet spots and 8 pets)
i go to robin, get the 4 last pet spots i need to have all pets, close out of menu before reopening to start buying houses, i added 4 more, the three new houses and the teal old one. i placed them in a rough circle with a junimo hut in the middle. (clockwise starting at log, the houses are labeled (b) (3) (4) (a) (1) (2))

i go back to farm to take out lightning rods etc behind buildings so i can move the new village freely, wizard is closer so i go and move the houses there, i try out like 4 different things but settle on one (second photo), on my way back i stop by marnies and buy the 4 remaining dogs. (slightly weird but that just might be update, the pathing didnt disappear when i moved houses onto it while at the wizards)

now we get to the bug part.
i enter a house (A) that ive previously decorated and theres no problem going in or out, its the right house/interior. i enter a new house (1), i exit onto a different house (2), but one block off so that i need to walk forward through the facade of the building to see my sprite (through the impassable front). i enter house 2 , i appear one house off again. this time the house (B) is one that was previously decorated, so when i enter/exit there is no problem.

i enter (2) again and exit before going to my house and picking up the wizard catalogue, the retro and the regular so i can differentiate houses (because the 2 new ones ive been in are all the same basic wood), i enter a house (i think it was 2), and place the retro and wizard catalogues, use retro to get wall/floor and place it no problem,

another issue is that now i cannot pick up any furniture in this house, catalogues or otherwise. when i swing my pickaxe/sword/axe, the white animation stays on my screen. i can move freely, and i can place and break regular objects (i tried w lightning rods and wood lampposts), but i cannot pick up the regular objects that have been broken. ( first image)

after taking the image i attempted to leave the house (2) and was placed in front of (B) again, i can place/remove all objects with no issue.

entering house (1) brought me to an undecorated interior, not what i had left in (2). i have the same placing/animation issues as in house (2). leaving places me behind house 2 and one block to the left of the door. i can walk through (2)'s facade.

entering (2) shows the floor/wall i applied, the two catalogues i left, and two objects i cannot pick up, but the animations have disappeared. leaving places me 'behind' house (b), unvisible an within the facade (picture 3)

entering (b) once again caused no problems.

to differtiate interiors, i place the regular catalogue outside and get 4 wallpapers, then enter house (3)

entering house (3) shows a plain wood/wood house, testing yields the same problems as previous houses, i place wallpaper, and upon leaving am put directly behind (3) (not in the facade, but i can still walk through it)

entering house (4) shows another plain wood/wood house, testing yields same problems, i place wallpaper and upon leaving i am put (picture 4)

i enter house (1) again, animations are gone, still cant pick up objects, but the interior is plain wood/wood, i place *another* wallpaper before im put outside house 2 again, in a way that mirrors picture four (sprite is one to the left instead of right)

last photo is proof theres pathing below the houses

windows 11, steam launch, english, savefile was originally singleplayer but i added a house and have had 1 other player online
discord is stormystormyy pls contact if i can help/test anything

(sorry for long post my game dev dad has drilled it into me to state any and all things that might contribute to the bug)

Attachments

parallax

Farmhand
1) Trinkets are not listed in gift tab.
2) "AcceptGift_(TR)ParrotEgg": "This is a precious egg... A baby! I'm glad you brought it to me, I'll keep it safe.", - line is not played if Leo moved to Pelican town.

Comicmikle

Newcomer
At Calico Desert Fair and Pierre and Hailey seemed to have messed up their pathing possibly as they have gotten stuck on a plant pot outside the of the oasis shop, and after clicking on Pierre to interact with him he seemed to say his shop dialogue, hailey still seems to have her usual dialogue talking about wearing coconut oil but Pierre seems to be the one messing up and trying to move left, i don't think its game breaking just a bit of a strange one. playing on 1.6.2 on steam, nvidia 1660, 16GB ram and ryzen 5. my guess at what possibly triggered it is that i used the farm totem at the top right to grab my fishing rod and then used a desert totem to warp back.

Attachments

shteffilove

Newcomer
Playing co-op with my husband and we received the "The Giant Stump" quest at the same time. He turned the hardwood in and completed the quest, and now we both have the "new neighbors" and have even done a few quests for them, but the "The Giant Stump" quest is still in my Journal as incomplete. It tells me to turn in the hardwood, but there is nowhere to turn the hardwood in, as the "stump" is a house now. Not the worst bug in the world, but annoying that it keeps pinging me to complete the quest when I have done 3 quests for the new neighbors already.

deviouskoala

Newcomer
I found a bug with completing requests on the bulletin board. On Summer 1 of year 1 I accepted a request from Pam for a red mushroom. The reward included a prize ticket. On Summer 2 I had not yet completed the request. When I entered town there was another bulletin board post requesting a Largemouth Bass for Jodi which also offered a prize ticket. I accepted this request as well. I fulfilled Jodi's request and received the prize ticket. I then completed Pam's request for a red mushroom and got the gold but no ticket. I went into Lewis' and tried using the machine and it confirmed I only had one ticket.

I restarted my game and fulfilled Pam's request first without looking at the bulletin board and received the prize ticket. I then went to the bulletin board and the request no longer offered a prize ticket, only money. I restarted again and tried completing Pam's quest, accepting the money reward, and cashing in the prize ticket but then Jodi's Largemouth Bass bulletin board quest still did not offer a prize ticket.

I restarted again, accepted Jodi's request which offered the prize ticket, completed Jodi's request, cashed in the prize ticket, and then completed Pam's request and still did not receive the ticket. I tried for a while but couldn't find any combination or order of accepting/completing requests that would give me both tickets.

I am running the game on Windows 10, Steam launch, English, single player, un-modded. The game is in the attached save file, farmer name "Ivy", farm name "Basil Farm" on the new meadows farm.

Not sure if it's intentional that you cannot receive two prize tickets in one day, even if one request was accepted the previous day.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scarfitt

Newcomer
Currently running into a consistent bug with Leo's 9 heart event. The cutscene goes through the first two scenes (Leo & Linus, and Leo in the Museum) but then goes to a black screen when it tries to transition to the 3rd scene. Music keeps looping in the background and I can open my inventory and move things around, but I can't move my character or do anything, just get stuck.
No error logs generated as I just have to quit out the game
Windows 10
English
Singleplayer
I can also trigger the Shane 8 heart cutscene the same day as this and that happens without any issues. Only seems to be Leo.
Attached 3 images ()sorry about the 3rd one) and save file.

Attachments

FarmerMeg

Greenhorn
Hello, waking up on Fall year 1 day 6 I had a letter from Marnie. It looks like some of the text is missing from the very beginning of the message, it starts with "bowl area, or else...".
Playing 1.6 on PC, thank you.

Attachments

Tuppence 152

Greenhorn
I have donated all scrolls to the museum but the dwarf translation guide is missing. (unmodded game, playing on PC) I have tried speaking with the dwarf but now cant understand him.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 092333.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: K.J

Tuppence 152

Greenhorn
The Dwarvish Translation Guide has disappeared from my character after the update and I can no longer understand what the dwarf is saying and no longer have access to their shop despite being able to do so before.

View attachment 19552

I'm playing on Windows 10, English, single-player, unmodded.

If I use an older save backup from the day before the update and load it on the previous game version 1.5.6 I can understand the dwarf, but using the same save on version 1.6.1 will remove the Dwarvish Translation Guide.

Attached below is my current save on 1.6.1 where the translation guide is missing.
I've got the exact same issue

n0duxa

Newcomer
started new save file with meadowlands farm had a quest to build silo. i did it but quest didn't dissapear. playing on mac, russian language
Снимок экрана 2024-03-26 в 12.30.43.png
Снимок экрана 2024-03-26 в 12.30.51.png

Last edited:

regremflem

Newcomer
I gave Penny a wilted bouquet while married and she accepted it, as if we were dating.
It now says that she is single, 5 hearts, and her room is gone but shes not been in town for 2 days. She was in my walls for a while, cant find her now.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 192405.png

Game in English, singleplayer, PC

xFreya

Greenhorn
image.jpg
Abby is walking on the side of the cliff, she first got stuck on the edge of the path when you go from community center path to robins house and now she walked on the edge.

Sserl

Greenhorn
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens); The raccoon wants "Dried Coconuts"
  • full error text (if any); n/a
  • what OS you are using; Windows 10
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Single
  • anything else you think might be relevant; The dehydrator won't accept coconuts as an input
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file! You can get your save this way: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves

Attachments

Punti

Greenhorn
I am currently playing on SteamDeck, no mods, Version 1.6.3., german edition:
I found the following bugs:
1. There is a translation error: "Seajelly" is translated to "Seegelee" - but it should be "Meeresgelee". ("Sea" = "Meer" in this case).
2. The seed maker is not working at all. I can't put any fruits or plants in it - it just doesn't start.
3. If you talk to the man after the question-game in the new desert-festival (and after loosing the game!), the man responds in english, not in german.
4. The sign on the bus-station during the time of the desert-festival (which says, that Pam is not available for driving and i should drive by myself), has the text for male players AND female players at the same time. I assume, it should be one of both at a time.

Last edited:

hixday

Greenhorn
**GAME BREAKING BUG**

Hello, Since last patch my game keep crashing when i go to sleep before it saves, I am on year 2 spring 15th the first day of the desert festival i tried to run the game and/or steam as admin and it didn't work.

The game is a game I play in co-op with my girlfriend, i have also tried to be alone in the game, and the farm in singleplayer and it still crash

I am the host of the game
I have no mods installed.
My game is in english
We are both on windows 11
Got the game on steam

we are completely locked out from progressing since it crashes every single time

I have looked on reddit and steam and it seems some other people are crashing at the exact same day

Message: Error on new day: --------------- System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location '' not found. at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11120 at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, String targetLocationName, Point position) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10537 at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupMerchantSchedule(NPC character, Int32 shop_index) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 214 at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupFestivalDay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 2334 at StardewValley.Game1.PerformPassiveFestivalSetup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4195 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9216 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread) --------------- InnerException: Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199 at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481 at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200 Game Version: 1.6.2 build 24081 SDK Helper: SteamHelper Game Language: en GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/PCIe/SSE2 OS: Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22631.0 In-game Date: Spring 16 Y2 Time of Day: 600 Game Location: FarmHouse

Last edited: