Ereo

Helper
Single player, unmodded game.

is the traveling cart supposed to sell unlimited books? She was carrying the book that gives combat xp, there wasn’t a number to show how many she has and I could buy as many as I had money for…

Rambos

Newcomer
You can give the raccoons the wrong item in some circumstances.

1. The raccoons requested "Dried purple mushrooms"
  2. Open raccoons request with "Dried purple mushrooms" and "Dried morels" in inventory
  3. Shift click Dried morels
  4. Dried morels are accepted over the Dried purple mushrooms
  5. Dried purple mushrooms are still in inventory.
  • Windows 10
  • single-player

2024-05-19.gif

tsarfish

Newcomer
On unmodded single player world windows 11 in english. was planning on fishing in ginger island until i passed out. Tried to cast a line just as the timer turned 2 am and my character is now stuck, not passing out so cant save the days progress. the timer isnt counting down either. I cannot control my character so theyre just standing there.
1716139918333.png

Obliviating

Newcomer
Hi! (Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned before).
  • macOS Sonoma 14.4.1
  • English
  • Single-player
  • Non-modded, new save file since the 1.6 update, currently running latest version on Steam (1.6.7/1.6.8(?)).
Just added a Mill to my Farm (Meadowlands Farm), but part of the top of my Mill is "gone". Might be the placement of the Mill though, but I thought this would be a cute spot.
Please see attached screenshot. :proud:

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 22.12.38.png

After further investigation (trying to move the building at Robin's), I see it might be due to the mountain part behind it (I suppose the mill sprite should fall "on top" of it). It looks like some sort of rectangle that breaks the sprite and it seems to be this spot specifically. Other spots seemed to work fine for as far as I could see, including other mountain-spots (e.g. at Grandpa's shrine, next to the coop etc) look fine. See other attached screenshot below. :proud:

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 22.26.06.png

Last edited:

MirraShard15

Newcomer
This bug has been plaguing me in multiplayer and singleplayer both unmodded and modded. Some of my sounds don't work in game. I'm leaving a list of the ones ive found so far but there may be more I haven't found yet. Also, I've never shared a save file and so far can't figure it out so if someone could help id appreciate it.
-windows 10
-english
-no error code found for this
Sounds no working
-hitting rocks (breaking sound is fine but hitting a rock multiple time has no sound)
-watering all crops
-all chopping wood sounds
-all enemy sounds
-elevator bell sound
-opening chests (closing them works fine)

UPDATE
i fixed it by deleting the game and reinstalling (dont know why i didnt try that first). im gonna leave this here tho in case someone has the same problem.

Last edited:

PigeonWithAHat

Newcomer
Leo's Invisible!

I cannot find him anywhere
I just had my 6+ Heart event and he is nowhere to be found in game, not on the island, not in the valley. Completely missing. I even sat in his house in the valley until 2 am to no avail.

Windows Version 1.6.7
English
Single-player
I don't play with any mods at all, I've never had a character just completely disappear like this. It's making me lose friendship points w/ him

rgrey

Newcomer
Maybe someone has said it but I am posting anyway. I skipped Shane's 4 heart cutscene mid watering can bit and I was unable to use any tools or items and anytime I clicked I was only able to use the watering can. I put it away in a chest but it still kept happening. I play completely unmodded and it seems like a very niche thing to happen but still yeah, oops!

Gadzooks94

Farmhand
my game (1.6.8) has crashed several times at night after I've gone to sleep before it's been able to save
This has happened at least 5 times now, it's starting to get quite inconvenient

Kanji

Newcomer
  • explain the issue: Consistent crashing when the 3rd player of a local multiplayer session enters a building. We've tried a few buildings and it doesn't seem to matter which one.
  • full error text: No obvious error message. Game freezes for 10 seconds and then crashes.
  • what OS you are using: Manjaro Linux - Kernel version 5.15.154-1-MANJARO
  • in-game language: English
  • single-player or multiplayer: 3 player multiplayer
  • anything else you think might be relevant: We have verified the integrity of the game files, completely reinstalled the game and tried SMAPI to produce an error log. One odd note in the error log was that it showed screen 0 warping to different locations when player 1 was still on the farm:
    [10:10:48 TRACE screen_1 game] Warping to Farm
    [10:11:25 TRACE screen_0 game] Warping to Farm
    [10:12:04 TRACE screen_0 game] Warping to BusStop
    [10:12:06 TRACE screen_2 game] Warping to Farm
    [10:12:11 TRACE screen_0 game] Warping to Town
    [10:12:19 TRACE screen_2 game] Warping to BusStop
    [10:12:31 TRACE screen_2 game] Warping to Town
    [10:12:42 TRACE screen_0 game] Warping to SeedShop
    [10:12:44 TRACE screen_0 game] Warping to Town
    [10:12:49 TRACE screen_2 game] Warping to SeedShop
  • Uploaded save file.

Attachments

Hiso

Newcomer
Mutant carp doesn't appear in my collection page for fish.
I probably put it in a chest and made some fertilizer with it.
Thing is, I noticed that I need to sell items that are to appear in my collection to have it in my collection.
I'm sure 100% i catched the mutant carp, and still it does not appear in the collection. I tried to catch it again, even if I can't have more than one, and indeed I couldn't cath another one.
Playing on PC, Windows 11.
Singleplayer.
Not modded.
French language.
I'm unable to reach the Master Angler achievement.
Thanks for help.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but i do know that my keyboard is fine and not having any issues, this is also happening on both of my only saves. I can go diagonal upward to the left and right like normal, but i can't go diagonally downward, to the left or right. This happened right after my child was born on one save, i haven't noticed any patterns other than that. Single player windows 10 English. No error text has appeared. (apologies if i did this wrong, i am not very tech savvy.)

Attachments

dylanab

Greenhorn
I think I found a bug, but I'm not entirely sure...

explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
I've got the Mastery level of skills (so I'm maxed out on skill points), and reading the Bait and Bobber book doesn't make it count as read (i.e., it doesn't show a thumbs up on it).

what OS you are using;
Windows

in-game language;
English

single-player or multiplayer;
Single

I think I found a bug, but I'm not entirely sure...

explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
I've got the Mastery level of skills (so I'm maxed out on skill points), and reading the Bait and Bobber book doesn't make it count as read (i.e., it doesn't show a thumbs up on it).

what OS you are using;
Windows

in-game language;
English

single-player or multiplayer;
Single
That's because the bait and bobber book is a skill book and they don't appear on the list

Schatzifra

Newcomer
  • Hello, I'm new player so I'm not sure this is Bug/Error or purely because of my lack of knowledge. I have upgraded my house into the max, married and have 2 kids. But the achievement section is still unlock. I'm wondering why..
  • Windows
  • in-game language: English
  • Single-player
  • Achievement Error.png

Attachments

bobertrock

Greenhorn
Hi, I'm playing a multiplayer game with 2 other players (3 players including me) and we experienced a crash.

We recently finished the community center and unlocked ginger island. We put off going to ginger island a few days after fixing Willy's boat. Once we decided to go into ginger island, we all went together and started exploring there. We used one of the tents that was found there to camp for the night. After going to bed, the cutscene of the abandoned Joja mart getting struck by lightning plays. The game crashes right after that. We replayed the day once more and practically did the same day again such as going to ginger island and camping there for the night. The game crashed once again right after the lightning cutscene. We were unable to see the profit page on both days.

We wanted to try to see what may have cause the crash. We suspected it may have been going into Ginger Island; so we decided to just wake up, sell some items then use another camp to end the day early. The Joja cutscene played and the game did not crash; we were able to see our sale for the day. I force closed the game to prevent saving to preserve the same day. Based on our observation, it seemed that going to ginger island on that day seems to crash the game for some unknown reason. We have yet to try going into ginger island on a different day (after the cutscene plays) to see if the game will still crash.

I am hosting on Windows 10, playing on English.

Attached is the save and both error logs

Attachments

Last edited:

lzr

Greenhorn
In my case, he always wakes up inside his treehouse in the valley. At 9AM he starts walking to the beach to go to Ginger island. After that he stays in the island for the rest of the day and he magically appears inside his treehouse in the following day.
oh, glad I'm not the only one! Yeah, he's never in his treehouse at night in the valley, he's always in his Ginger Island hut at night now. I'm just happy that he's at least back, so I can keep making friends with him. His dialogue for me is still the updated "moved to the valley" dialogue even when he's on the island.

Ereo

Helper
Windows 11, single player.

If I press Y instead of using the mouse to select yes, the dialogue box stays in front of the pirate's dart game.

Stardew Valley 2024-05-24 18-04-24-46.jpg

galafuz

Newcomer
Regarding that error, I have updated game with install file stardew_valley_1_6_6_24117_6728858633_72932.sh from GOG. Still getting same error when I try to start new game in portuguese. I can now get a little bit further when trying to load a game in portuguese, I can see the savefiles, but when I choose one to load, game crashes, with a different output in terminal. Game works fine in english. Running on Linux (Debian 12 'bookworm'). I'm copying below the full output of the crash when I try to load a game:

Code:
Running Stardew Valley
./StardewValley: linha 7: sw_vers: comando não encontrado
Unhandled exception. System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location 'FarmHouse' not found.
   at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1524
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5607
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4106
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200
./StardewValley: linha 27:  6150 Abortado                ./"Stardew Valley" $@
Still getting exact same error on install from file: stardew_valley_1_6_8_24119_6732702600_72964.sh from GOG. Same PC and language problems.

rachellove

Cowpoke
i just upgraded to the advanced iridium fishing rod, and have noticed that i no longer recieve iridium quality fish ever, even with a perfect catch. I have started to even get normal quality fish even though I am fishing level ten. this was not happening when I was using the normal iridium rod. version 1.6.7, windows 11, playing on steam if that matters. language english, single player entirely unmodded
Was this ever fixed? I'm having the same issue but my game IS modded.