solitorojito

Newcomer
Hello. I play stardew valley on Mac OS(unmodded). English, single player. I began playing the updated version on pc about 2 weeks ago. I've made the mistake of restarting farms due to not being satisfied with how I played things out/missed something vital/exhaustion. After the 2nd restart of the farm, the Community Center bundles reverted back to the old bundles before the update, despite being on the Meadowlands farm and seeing everything else updated. Steam happened to need an update so I thought it would fix the problem. It did not. Steam had to update for my yesteday, so maybe it will sort itself out but I also havent seen anyone with this issue because yall are not insane like me and are sticking with the farm you made the first time after it updated. Will attach files later today as I haven't saved any of the farms that ended up with old community center bundles.
UPDATE: even after the 2nd steam update, nothing has changed. Here are photos of my farmer in the Meadowlands farm and the old community center bundles

Attachments

Last edited:

remmoze

Greenhorn
Game is unmodded. Started noticing an issue of the game freezing. Started a few days ago. First freeze for like 10 seconds. A day after that it was like 15 seconds. Each freee feels like it's getting longer. Today experienced complete game freeze 3 times and after the 4th one game has not recovered and i lost all progress of that day.
File of the savefile has been attached.
There are no errorlogs

Using Windows 10. English language. Single player.
Checked steam files for integrity, everything is up-to-date. Created the save file after 1.6 update

Attachments

NoraCharles

Farmhand
Joja Decorative Door is still bugged in the latest update today.
Just to add to this, I also noticed that when the actual door is placed, it has a dark bar at the bottom -- it looks like the door sprite is a few pixels too short? (EDIT: Yes, it seems to be missing 3 pixels at the bottom of the tilesheet.)

Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 4.42.25 PM.png

Last edited:

TyLikesFries

Newcomer
Me and my boyfriend were just casually playing and finally got ginger island unlocked, went in the volcano during the later part of the day and around 10 ish went just right outside the volcano and both slept in one tent together and our game crashed making our day reset. No big sweat off our back but thought we'd post incase its an issue with tents and ginger island or its a one off thing !!
TBF we haven't retried it because he had to leave for work but will update or smth if need be :)

We are on Windows PC, multiplayer, and i don't know how to upload my world but if needed for whatever reason i can figure it out xd

samelia

Greenhorn
On the first day of summer of year 1, the pet for our farm just disappeared. It is a cat and is no longer listed in the pet list. We are playing 2 players on a PC game with no mods.

Liquenta

Newcomer
Hello, currently I'm having an issue, that every time I try to enter skull cavern, as soon as I click the skull cavern door, my game freezes and it wont respond. I tried waiting for the game to respond but it didn't. I tried to tell my friend to enter the skull cavern instead of me, however it turned out the same, his game froze too. It has been happening for more than 5 in-game days. I keep trying to enter it but it still wont work.
I'm on PC and it's an unmodded multiplayer save. In-game language is English. I found no error logs.

Edit: Turns out not only at the skull cavern, it freezes when I try to enter the mines too (through ladder, not the elevator). For example, when I went to floor 60 and I click on the ladder, my game froze and wont respond. And yes again, I tried to tell my friend to do it, and it's the same, his game froze too. Any solution/fixes?

Attachments

Last edited:

SamR

Greenhorn
Hey,
I am using Linux OS.
I have just recently read the Price Catalogue, and cooked my first item.
When viewing the item in the Collections, the times cooked is out of the box as can be shown in the picture.

bug_after_price_catalouge.png

AllexCili

Newcomer
Hello, this is my first time doing a report/post in this forum.
I've noticed a Glitch where you can walk through the greenhouse. It's kind of a pixel perfect situation. you have have to be walking in a diagonal down and left and hit the right up corner of the greenhouse, apparently it is only possible if you're riding a horse while doing it (also i had both books that increase speed in this instance.The carrot and the food buff is not necessary for this glitch to happen). I'm not sure if it applies to every greenhouse of every farm type, nor if it's only possible if you moved the greenhouse from it's original spot. Also, i did not test if the upper left corner has the same issue, further testing is needed.
My in-game language is portuguese, my os is Windows 11, downloaded Stardew Valley through Steam, Singleplayer unmodded.
Greenhouse Glitch.gif

spinach_juice

Greenhorn
Hi there,
Playing in steam, windows 11, unmodded, singleplayer, in German.
Some beach dialogue remains untranslated?
Screenshot:
1715979295880.jpeg

Many thanks.

DoryFish

Newcomer
I got two prismatic shards from my first entry into level 10 of the volcano mines. I reached the level and got the shard from the chest, then I went out the exit at the bottom left and pressed the button to open the gate, then re-entered level 10 and the chest had reappeared and gave me a second shard

Artellin

Newcomer
Hey, everybody. Faced with a problem when starting the game - if you select Russian language is a crash when trying to start a single game and trying to join someone in multiplayer. Thought that corrected with patches, but somehow a miracle did not happen. What can be done in this situation? OS - Windows 11.

Error log
Code:
InnerException: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String]' to type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]'.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 176
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 152
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 61
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 324
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
   at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 471
   at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 585
Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 589
   at StardewValley.ItemTypeDefinitions.FurnitureDataDefinition.GetAllIds() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemTypeDefinitions\FurnitureDataDefinition.cs:line 41
   at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.RebuildCache() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 462
   at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetMetadata(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 253
   at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetDataOrErrorItem(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 341
   at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.Create(String itemId, Int32 amount, Int32 quality, Boolean allowNull) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 369
   at StardewValley.Farmer.initialTools() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 1991
   at StardewValley.Game1.resetPlayer() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2467
   at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 2006
   at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4795
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4117
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.8 build 24119
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: ru
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null

Xnon_

Newcomer
Hi, I'm having an issue with a fishing quest where the text doesn't seem to be formatted properly (when the quest is active it behaves correctly)
Screenshot from 2024-05-13 20-26-08.png

- Language: italian
- multiplayer
- savefile started version 1.6.6

BussinBungus

Greenhorn
Hi, I saw what I believe is a non-modded issue in a bug report for one of my mods. The issue is in "Characters/Dialogue/Pam.fr-FR.json" for the "Wed" dialogue entry. $d picks one of two dialogue strings based on the condition being true/false, but the French string has "||" instead of "|" so the game thinks there are three string options (adding a blank string between the two actual strings) and throws an IndexOutOfRangeException. The fix is to change "||" to "|". Other languages look fine, so I assume this is just a typo in the French version of the string.

English: "Wed": "$d bus#You don't know how glad I am that the bus is up and running! I feel alive again.|Times have been tough lately. I got laid off of my job as a bus driver. If I got that job back I could drive you to Calico Desert.",

French: "Wed": "$d bus#Tu ne sais pas à quel point je suis heureuse que le bus soit opérationnel ! Je me sens revivre.||Les temps sont durs. J’ai été licenciée de mon travail. Si je pouvais récupérer mon travail, je t'emmènerais dans le désert de Calico.",

Obliviating

Newcomer
Hi! Seems this one has been around longer than the 1.6 version of Stardew Valley, but for macOS it's not (without manual action) possible to see your screenshots. They're saved to the following folder (after a Google search)
~/.local/share/StardewValley/Screenshots
Which is a folder that doesn't exist by default (at least not anymore).
Perhaps either a check can be build in during creation of the screenshot if the folder exists, otherwise to create it (also nice for backwards compatibility I suppose)?

Version: 1.6.7
Singleplayer
English

Another small thing I noticed:
When cutting hardwood in the secret woods, the animation of normal tree "branches" also shows up next to the hardwood animation.

Last edited:

susb8383

Planter
QUEEN OF SAUCE COOKBOOK not showing
  • I've tried reading the Queen of Sauce Cookbook a dozen times, and I've completed every recipe.
  • in-game language: English
  • mostly played the game in single-player but built a shed to allow multiplayer games.
Same with me. The bug may be when you already know every recipe and you read the book. I have one left to cook, but I do know all of them. Reading the cookbook showed "0 recipes learned" but the book does not show up in my inventory.

PC
English
1.6.5 build 24110 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home

CottonMery

Newcomer
Hi! Not sure if its a bug or intended behavior.
One of raccoons quest reward is an unshipped item other than Roe and Artisan Goods or 5 Mystery Boxes. According to wiki: "A random unshipped item will only be obtained if and only if the player has found at least 100 Golden Walnuts and has not completed the Shipping Collection (outside of Roe and Artisan Goods). If this requirement is not met, 5 Mystery Boxes will be awarded instead."
It's actually not random, but the next on the shipping list.
But what I've noticed is that if your next unshipped item is an offlimits one( aka artisan goods) the raccoon will give myster boxes instead of the next unshipped item that they can give. So you can get stuff up to pale ale, and then they will be giving out boxes untill you ship pale ale. Then you get stuck at mayo e.t.c

ChecWes

Newcomer
Not sure if this is a stardew issue or a steam deck one, but i haven't had this issue with any other games or before playing 1.6

I got this error message after pressing the 3 dot button on steam deck. Refreshing doesn't unfreeze it and I have to restart my deck completely. A whole day of fishing and mining gone.

"Something went wrong while displaying this content. Refresh
Error Reference: Shared SteamUI_0_0002819105cd81e4
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nAppID')"

Playing on steam deck beta system update (up to date), no mods, single player, English, Meadowlands farm.

Are any other steam deck users having this issue? If so are you on stable or beta system build?
I had basically the exact same issue as you on my steamdeck and I was in the Preview system view. I changed my steam deck back to stable and I never had any issues again when on my hourse in game. I hope this helps!

ChecWes

Newcomer
Game slows down considerably when riding a horse.
I was on SteamOS and after playing for a bit I turned V-Sync off then on again to do something related to my monitor, I had not ridden the horse at all during the session before doing this, the problem persisted after sleeping, after quitting to title and reloading, and relaunching the game. It also continued after turning V-Sync back off and on again and after drinking a triple shot espresso if that helps. If you can't tell through the video it also seems that the lag spike happens everytime the horse makes a step noise, so if I had to guess a reason it would be a bug with the new horse speed book.
Edit: upon playing further slowdown also occurs whenever I use a tool, enter ladders, hit enemies, use bombs, etc. Game completely froze when using a hammer special attack on a group of enemies.
What System update mode are you in for your steam deck? Because I had this same issue and I was on the Preview channel. Once I changed back to stable I never had an issue with lag while riding my horse.