howulu

Greenhorn
Not sure if this is a stardew issue or a steam deck one, but i haven't had this issue with any other games or before playing 1.6

I got this error message after pressing the 3 dot button on steam deck. Refreshing doesn't unfreeze it and I have to restart my deck completely. A whole day of fishing and mining gone.

"Something went wrong while displaying this content. Refresh
Error Reference: Shared SteamUI_0_0002819105cd81e4
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nAppID')"

Playing on steam deck beta system update (up to date), no mods, single player, English, Meadowlands farm.

Are any other steam deck users having this issue? If so are you on stable or beta system build?

Attachments

daumega

Newcomer
Unmodded, windows 11, multiplayer mode:

I first interacted with the new tree where it asked for 100 hardwood to fix before the racoon moved in. This also got me a quest to fix the tree house.
Then another player fixed the tree house successfully, racoon moves in.
But my quest still shows incomplete and I cannot seem to get rid of this quest now.

Liero

Newcomer
Not a persistent issue but something very weird that happened only once. Abigail (wife) just started going left while playing her instrument. I attatched screenshots and a link to a recording (youtube) of the entire thing, because after I talked to her she started going out of bounds and through obstacles, as if following usual path but very offset.
Windows 10
English
Singleplayer
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqC1HCGOsho

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

ThedasElcor

Newcomer
Hello!

Since updating, I'm experiencing a weird bug when I try to launch from Steam where the game MIGHT exit/not start unless I have headphones or speakers plugged in. I know "might"s are annoying...

This is the output in SMAPI (with no mods installed) when it did load

[SMAPI] SMAPI 4.0.0 with Stardew Valley 1.6.1 build 24080 on Microsoft Windows 11 Home
[SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
[SMAPI] Waiting for game to launch...
FAudio: No sound devices.
[game] Game.Initialize() caught exception initializing XACT.
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.NoAudioHardwareException (0x80004005)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.Device() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Audio\SoundEffect.FAudio.cs:line 259
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.Initialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 191
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(MiniFormatTag codec, Byte[] buffer, Int32 channels, Int32 sampleRate, Int32 blockAlignment, Int32 loopStart, Int32 loopLength) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 148
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String waveBankFilename, Boolean streaming, Int32 offset, Int32 packetsize) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\WaveBank.cs:line 276
at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2205
[SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
[SMAPI] Loading mods...
[SMAPI] Loaded 0 mods.

[SMAPI] Launching mods...
[SMAPI] Mods loaded and ready!
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198040772577 [API loaded no]
[SMAPI] You can update SMAPI to 4.0.1: https://smapi.io
[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

---
Unfortunately, the only output I've been able to get to you from a crash IS using a mod (and I did report it to the modder), but it seems like the sound device exception is causing the issue even then, so I thought I'd include it in case it could help:

[SMAPI] Launching mods...
[SMAPI] Mods loaded and ready!
[game] Error loading sound: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TractorMod\assets\audio\start.ogg
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.NoAudioHardwareException (0x80004005): Audio has failed to initialize. Call SoundEffect.Initialize() before sound operation to get more specific errors.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 85
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.OggStreamSoundEffect..ctor(String filename) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffect.cs:line 20
at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyCueModification(String key) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 94
[game] The game failed to launch: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyCueModification(String key) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 123
at StardewValley.Audio.AudioCueModificationManager.ApplyAllCueModifications() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Audio\AudioCueModificationManager.cs:line 35
at StardewValley.Game1.LoadContent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2468
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.LoadContent() in SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 146
at StardewValley.GameRunner.LoadContent() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 800
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Initialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 656
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 944
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 308
[SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

[SMAPI] You can update 3 mods:
[SMAPI] Automate 2.0.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063 (you have 2.0.0-alpha.20240220)
[SMAPI] Mail Framework Mod 1.16.0-alpha.20231204: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1536 (you have 1.15.0)
[SMAPI] Mail Services Mod 1.5.1-alpha20231204: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7842 (you have 1.5.1-alpha.20231204)

Anyway, it's not a huge annoyance to me personally, since I just have to remember to plug in headphones, but I imagine it's still something you'd want to squash so I thought I'd follow through with reporting it.

Cathitalized

Greenhorn
Steam on Windows, Singleplayer, English:

I'm playing on the new animal farm, and I leveled up to Farming Level 1 twice, not getting the new crafting recipes until the second time. Screenshots are from when I first leveled up and did not have the recipe. Link to the save file in Google Drive, since it wouldn't let me upload it here.
1710968619851.png
1710968594675.png

Frananoud

Newcomer
Bonjour,

"gros" beug de mon côté, je voulais améliorer ma maison au niveau deux contre 50 000po et 150 bois dur mais ça me dit que je n'ai pas assez d'argent (hors j'ai plus de 60 000...)
Je joue en français, sans mode, en solo et sur PC windows

beug stardew.png

vilobion

Newcomer
Meadowlands Farm

It's possible to quasi-softlock after using a Farm Totem/Return scepter if the stairs down are blocked by a rock/tree and the player has that tool type upgrading at Clint's. The trapped player will eventually be freed by passing out at 2am, but that could be a long wait...

Balderdash

Newcomer
Stardew save from 1.4 (Android Port) transferred to 1.6 (PC version), unmodded in both cases.

Having the same invisible tea-plant issue widely reported on this thread, though the plants re-appeared with the first of the following season (Summer, year 4).

Worse problem is somehow the time needed for crops/artisanal goods has sped up dramatically: my wines are finishing a full cycle in about four days, and my ancient fruits (greenhouse grown) are doing the same, speeding up to finish in record time. My beehives are producing honey every other day, and my tappers about every three days. Weirdly, a field full of melons is running at normal speed and producing in two weeks as intended. While it's cool to get almost two full cycles of ancient fruit wine every single week this is kind of game-breaking. (And it's not like I need the money by year 4, anyhow.) The melons were planted after the update; the ancient fruits, winery, beehives, and tappers are from the 1.4 save, so they were all in place before the update was installed. I was hoping to just be able to continue this same save, so I'm hoping this issue is not because those crops/processes were started on the earlier version of the game.

Techno25

Newcomer
Game slows down considerably when riding a horse.
I was on SteamOS and after playing for a bit I turned V-Sync off then on again to do something related to my monitor, I had not ridden the horse at all during the session before doing this, the problem persisted after sleeping, after quitting to title and reloading, and relaunching the game. It also continued after turning V-Sync back off and on again and after drinking a triple shot espresso if that helps. If you can't tell through the video it also seems that the lag spike happens everytime the horse makes a step noise, so if I had to guess a reason it would be a bug with the new horse speed book.
Edit: upon playing further slowdown also occurs whenever I use a tool, enter ladders, hit enemies, use bombs, etc. Game completely froze when using a hammer special attack on a group of enemies.

Last edited:

pizza565

Newcomer
Volcano isn’t giving as many lava eels as it should, normally it’s around 50%, but it feel like it has there same rates as mines floor 100

Huffle

Greenhorn
Keep having this issue pop up when trying to open the game. Ive reread the instructioins a dozen times i dont know what im doing wrong. Im playing on xbox gamepass.
image_2024-03-20_184601831.png

Fishy

Newcomer
Hello, I’m playing single player, in English on the steam deck, in the meadowland and the game crashed the day after the Easter Event. I had to completely hard shut down the steam deck and turn it back on. It worked after the restart. Also, the hit box for the tool keeps going to the side, not in front.

Attachments

Just a couple of minor cosmetic 'bugs' specific to Winter:

During the Festival of Ice (Winter 8), Demetrius comments that he 'should have brought a jacket', despite the fact that he is now wearing one in the new update.

Clint wears his winter clothing in the workshop, but in the 'Process Geodes' popup screen he is wearing his normal clothes.

Hayden

Newcomer
When playing multiplayer with 1 other person on windows 11 ,no mods, she constantly gets a black screen, or completely gets kicked from game , sometimes when she re enters the game times are different, have tried restarting game, reinstalled game, and have ran internet check

quake06

Greenhorn
  • I started with an old save already on winter and when I got into the submarine in the Night Market and I could only fish trash and/or seaweed
  • there wasn't any error text
  • windows 10
  • english
  • single-player
  • never tried any mod, only vanilla SV
  • tried uploading my save but it said the files is too large

tegshbal

Newcomer
when moving while using a hoe (moving while charging it up) and going to another screen/area and hoeing right before you enter it, you get stuck until you go to you inv and replace the hoe with a diffrent item,

theres also a bug with the animation for it if you hoe or dont hoe by going to another screen/area while charging up a hoe and it just sets you to the standing animation while being able to "hop"

singleplayer windows 10

Attachments

tygersjaw

Newcomer
Started a new save file & after completing the Spring Foraging community center bundle, I got the 30 spring seeds. When I went to plant it, the entire stack disappeared as if it was only one seed.
-Mac OS
-English
-Unmodded

in multiplayer i was teleported out of bounds after trying to view the cutscene that played when you enter the mines for the first time. after the cutscene ended the community center one started, showing the host's character instead of mine. when i skipped the cutscene i had been teleported out of bounds. both players are on windows 10.

1710976464008.png