KeenEye

Newcomer
Please help. I am experiencing heavy lags after 10–30 minutes of gameplay. I have been noticing these gameplay issues after the latest update, 1.6 version.
The earlier version, 1.5.6, was smooth, and the loading time was much faster. I believe this unplayable lags are caused by audio. Some players in the discord have posted a simple solution that completely muting the audio fixes this.

Operating System - Lubuntu 23.10 x86_64
CPU: Intel Pentium N4200 (4) @ 2.500GHz
GPU: Intel Apollo Lake [HD Graphics 505]

In-game language - English
Singleplayer
Non modded

Attachments

Kólamaci

Newcomer
On windows 11, Meadowlands farm, 1080p resolution. I did a help wanted board delivery for Sebastian and the reward section with the gold picure and amount is not in its place. I have not come across this issue on other help wanted requests.

Attachments

Taw_00

Farmhand
if I use a Logitech F310 or other controllers on a menu for buying items in someones shop. I can hold shift and then the cursor changes back to a mouse icon and if I hit A to buy a stack of 5 of an item if it's not the first one that's shown on screen, I get my first stack of 5 then the cursor jumps up to the first item in the listing. If I use the mouse to buy the stacks of 5 after holding shift it will just sit on the item and let me continue buying stacks of 5. By first item I mean first it can see, if I'm in Pierre's after giving him the stock list, I can scroll to fall seeds and if I want anything other than Pumpkin seeds after holding shift and pressing A to buy for example Corn Seeds, the second item I see. I get my 5 Corn Seeds then it jumps up to Pumpkin Seeds. This happens in any shop and on any item other than the first item it can see. In the previous example I can buy as many Pumpkin seeds in sets of 5 I want, it doesn't move the cursor from them.
Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Language: English
Non-Modded and Modded, doesn't change the bug.

Attachments

mcxstark

Greenhorn
I am having a problem where the game will still run in the background upon exiting. It is still registering in Steam and Windows task manager as running (using 0 % CPU and 330 mb RAM). Steam is unable to stop the game and Windows Task Manager is also unable to end the task. This is happening on multiple machines running both windows 10 and 11.
Ei bro, I remembered replying to you on the same issue, I forgot to update, apparently it's the antivirus that's causing it, turning off/silent mode fixes it.

FlashPrawndon

Newcomer
My game keeps crashing when I use tools.
No error, just crashes the game completely.
I am on the latest update. I had been playing ok previously on this update, closed the game, reopened the following day and now the game crashes a short while into the day if I use a tool.
I am playing on Steamdeck.
English.
single player.

I’ve been having issues with my game crashing when I interact with a set person every few days. For example, I walked up to Emily and tried to talk to her and the game crashed. Tried talking to her again and it crashed again. But if I let it go to the next day I can talk to her fine. Then several days later it might be Pierre who I have this issue with. Message in the crash report reads “object reference not set to an instance of an object”.

Windows 11
English
Single Player
Meadowlands Farm
I have no mods installed
Any help would be appreciated!

Runa_cosplay_

Greenhorn
Hello :D

I've download the new version but when I made a new farm and opend the present for the Parsnip Seed the texture was replaced by the moss one.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 194203.png

This didn't really bother me but then I went outside and tried to clear my farm. This is when I found out my tools don't work.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 194302.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 194247.png

My old farms have the same Problems. I restared the game, as well as my laptop, multiple times which didn't seem to fix anything.

How can I solve these issues?

FoxeL

Newcomer
If you quit the day that you have the green rain on it doesn't show up as a green rain when reloading that day
The plants and npcs are in the same places but the dialogues different
1711827403996.png
1711827634042.png

Izziebel01

Newcomer
Another translation error in the german version is during the desert festival, when talking to the man who hosts the Race, the first message that shows up is in English.
Playing on Steam, Windows Version, Singleplayer, in German

clarineric

Cowpoke
Screenshot 2024-03-30 161228.png

Summer 17, year 1 I completed this bulletin board quest, and the coins weren't in the right spot. I was on windowed mode at max size on 1920x1080 resolution, Windows 10.

ash2app

Newcomer
Sorry if this has been reported already! I'm updated to 1.6.3. Didn't know where else to tell anyone without being annoying.

It might be worth noting that the whole cat (including equipped hat which at the moment is the bonnet) is clipping over the footboard when sleeping on this bed.

Blue ribbon is missing two or three pixels also, at least on hairstyle 65 if nothing else.

Thank you!

tsuneslime

Newcomer
I moved the blue house closer to the wall so I can put the silos next to it this way, but apparently the sprites above the cave overlap

hope this helps~~

1711830264024.png

Risana

Newcomer
  • Prismatic Slime did not drop Prismatic Jelly for the Wizard quest from the town board, but rather a Holy Blade
  • Windows 10
  • English
  • Single Player
  • No mods have been used on this file and it's a fresh save for 1.6
  • The 1st step of the quest requiring killing the prismatic jelly showed as completed but the 2nd step didn't as it never dropped. As far as I know it's supposed to be a 100% drop rate unless I'm wrong about that. The only other relevant detail would be the slime had a star above its head indicating extra health and a spcial drop. I don't know if that would have possibly overwritten the prismatic jelly drop with the Holy Blade instead. I don't remember which day the slime appeared but it was obviously within the time frame of accepting the quest.
Screenshot 2024-03-30 162918.pngScreenshot 2024-03-30 162948.png

Attachments

nslager

Newcomer
I just noticed that for the "aquatic overpopulation" quest, the job board will say one fish (e.g., tiger trout), while the actual quest will have you catch another time of fish (e.g., tuna). Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Thank you all so much!

galafuz

Newcomer
After update 1.6, the game crashes on the save loading screen or on the new game screen (where you need to make a farmer's appearance) if you launch the game in Russian, but everything works in English. I read the error logs and it says "Message: Failed loading asset "Data\Furniture""
Got the same problem here but with portuguese language, game crashes seconds after I click on new game or load game. Haven't tried every single language, but can confirm that crash also happens with spanish language. Game starts fine in english. Report below:

• Game crashes seconds after clicking in "new" game or "load" game buttons, when in portuguese or spanish. No crash with english. Game version from GOG, install file: stardew_valley_1_6_3_24087_6495347694_72214
  • Linux (Debian 12 'bookworm')
  • Portuguese or spanish
  • can't even get into a game, so both single and multiplayer affected
  • I'm copying below the full output of the crash when I run game in terminal
~/GOG Games/Stardew Valley$ ./start.sh
Running Stardew Valley
./StardewValley: linha 7: sw_vers: comando não encontrado
Unhandled exception. Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'Data\Furniture'.
---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String]' to type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 176
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 152
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 61
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 324
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 471
at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 585
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 589
at StardewValley.ItemTypeDefinitions.FurnitureDataDefinition.GetAllIds() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemTypeDefinitions\FurnitureDataDefinition.cs:line 41
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.RebuildCache() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 462
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetMetadata(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 253
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetDataOrErrorItem(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 341
at StardewValley.Farmer.GetDisplayShirt(Texture2D& texture, Int32& spriteIndex) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 5783
at StardewValley.FarmerRenderer.ApplySleeveColor(String texture_name, Color[] pixels, Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmerRenderer.cs:line 480
at StardewValley.FarmerRenderer.executeRecolorActions(Farmer farmer) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmerRenderer.cs:line 193
at StardewValley.FarmerRenderer.draw(SpriteBatch b, AnimationFrame animationFrame, Int32 currentFrame, Rectangle sourceRect, Vector2 position, Vector2 origin, Single layerDepth, Int32 facingDirection, Color overrideColor, Single rotation, Single scale, Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmerRenderer.cs:line 958
at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.SaveFileSlot.drawSlotFarmer(SpriteBatch b, Int32 i) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 119
at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.SaveFileSlot.Draw(SpriteBatch b, Int32 i) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 271
at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 1297
at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 2521
at StardewValley.Mods.ModHooks.TryDrawMenu(IClickableMenu menu, Action draw_menu_action) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Mods\ModHooks.cs:line 46
at StardewValley.Game1.DrawMenu(GameTime time, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15354
at StardewValley.Game1._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15271
at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 14995
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 618
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 932
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200
./StardewValley: linha 27: 11665 Abortado ./"Stardew Valley" $@

SiX

Greenhorn
Pierre's Prime Produce Special Order can call for Year 2 crops in Year 1

Pierre's Special Order Quest can call for crops acquired in Year 2 (like artichokes) in Year 1. This happened to me in a new 1.6 save file. Unless you get lucky with the Traveling Trader it'd be impossible to complete this quest in Y1. Not sure if this is intended or whether this is even a new bug, couldn't find anything on these forums about it.

• Windows
  • Singleplayer
  • No mods
  • Version 1.6.3

cmoltedo

Newcomer
Playing in a joined co-op game.
I was in the Willie's boat house cutscene when game owner started the cutscene for when you finish the community center, so it jumped me to that one immediately after I finished mine. When I finished the community center cutscene, my screen returned to Willie's boat house and my character was invisible and I am unable to move. I was able to swing sword and get into inventory fine, just couldn't move. Game owner attempted to get into Willie's back-room and it said it was locked.
Once day ended I passed out and game returned to normal.

Windows 11
English
Fullscreen

Fuxerrand

Newcomer
Hallo!

Penny 8 hearts event stuck in Trout Derby tent, player will endlessly try walk into tent in that case.
In multiplayer!