JediGunslinger

Newcomer
Having some major stuttering/lag, but only the 64bit version, and mostly in Fullscreen and Borderless windowed. The 32bit version is fine (but the game crashes before the new desert festival on 32bit, on 64bit does not). Lowering Fullscreen resolution to 1280x720 largely removes the stutter, as does playing in windowed mode, but the larger the window/resolution, the more stutters. The CPU and GPU load remain the same, and 1.5 did not have these stutters on this machine.

Tried some basic troubleshooting; setting CPU affinity, running as admin, disabling Vsync, but still stutters with increased resolutions.

It's the GOG version. Unmodded.

Specs: Dell Latitude E6430 | i7-3740QM 2.7Ghz | Nvidia NVS5200M | 2X 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Some basic SSD | Windows 10 | 1600x900

Jessee

Greenhorn
As reported by @Tillian19, I'm having the same issue with the movie theater. Going there with a guest (and buying them a snack, if that's irrelevant?) resulted in a black screen, a pop-up with an error code in the bottom left (it disappeared so fast I didn't have time to take a screenshot) and the movie considered watched, although leaving the theater would still lead to the game asking if I really want to leave without watching anything. Sads :c

Savon

Newcomer
Issues with the barn. Would enter a barn and leave another barn, even though the barn is the same one (same animals inside)
Can't destroy it even after selling all the animals inside. Moving the animals made the game crash.

Update: the game now crashes when loading the save file. The other files seem to be working fine.

Windows, single player

Attachments

Otocolobus

Newcomer
When you trigger the 8 hearts event with Penny and kids in the forest, and if there's the Trout Derby incoming, the guys are overlapped by the Derby's billboard. My zoom settings are 70%.

Attachments

Dark_Brick

Newcomer
1711904639700.png

Did a quest for demetrius and got a silly visual bug. Happens both when windowed and fullscreen (singleplayer, windows)

Ruddy

Greenhorn
View attachment 19650

I tested this glitch/bug four times (Twice modded, twice unmodded) it happens everytime when I get the second house upgrade. Any thoughts?
I'm on Windows 11, pc. Fully updated.
UPDATE: I FIGURED IT OUT!
If you have it set on Steam to launch the game through Smapi, delete it. That line of code in Launch Options in Properties to launch through Smapi, DELETE IT!

And use Smapi through Vortex Manager to launch a modded game! I can't guarantee it'll work that way for anyone else with this glitch but it worked for me.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I collected two stardrops and the game, in the new modified menu tab, tracks only 1. The energy numbers are correct, the keeping track of stardrops isn't.

According to another forum member replying to my thread presenting the issue, this is an old problem that hasn't been fixed, requires manually tampering a file (which i am neither proficient at nor willing to risk dabbling into) and even then, the problem isn't solved for everybody administering that solution.

I kindly request for a proper fix, seeing that ConcernedApe is indeed concerned and treats his game with respect!

CometCloud

Greenhorn
I have a multiplayer non-modded world on Windows in English. We noticed when our third player joined that our cat had disappeared. Not just that we couldn't find her, but it's like she never existed in the first place. Looking through the animal tab in the menu, she isn't even listed with the rest of the animals. This happened around summer of our first year. We continued playing on the same file because it was the only issue we had, and we are now in fall of year 2. A few days ago, the 1.6.3 patch was released, with one of the patch notes stating, "If it's year 2 and you don't have a pet (for any reason), you can start adopting them from Marnie's." But we still can't buy a pet. The only options at her shop are 'buy animals' and 'buy supplies' the animals only include livestock. So we don't have a pet, and can't buy one. I saw some things about pet licenses, but we haven't gotten one, so that solution is out of the question. I've seen a few other people talk about this same problem, but I have yet to find any solutions, it seems to only be a multiplayer issue from what I can tell.

calsar

Greenhorn
Multiplayer on Windows PC unmodded.
  • When a secondary player opens a chest in the mine, the item goes to the primary player.
  • The mine bugs out for the primary player with graphic artifact glitches, and nothing can picked up. Resolved when moving to the next floor. Happens often.
  • Secondary players experience fast animations in the mine, with the monsters disappearing on hit and not dropping anything.
  • Vincent 8 heart event with a secondary player. There was a tree growing where the player was supposed to stand. The cut scene locked up with the player walking into the tree. Another player was able to cut the tree down, allowing the cut scene to proceed.

wcsteland

Greenhorn
Hi, I somehow got stuck on the river on the new farm. I was trying to save wood from falling into the water and glitched onto it. Single player world on windows 11.
Stardew Valley 31.03.2024 22_50_08.png

ShadowPerson

Greenhorn
Furniture/Wallpaper Catalog issue when playing with controller. I'm unable to access the individual menus on the left and have to scroll through the entire catalog for the items I want when using controller style menu option. Remapping the controller in steam did nothing

I have been informed that this bug/glitch extends to the dresser as well via a reddit post

Attachments

Last edited:

Quota

Newcomer
@aironium I don't think Queen of Sauce is considered a special power because you can learn all the Queen of Sauce recipes just by watching the channel. There's also several recipes that aren't obtained from Queen of Sauce which is why using that book didn't unlock every recipe for you. The four blacked out recipes in your screenshot as far as I can tell are all recipes obtained from elsewhere.

This should be a list of recipes the book should unlock for you if you haven't gotten it from watching the show.

edit: Didn't want to doublepost, so I'll edit in a bug report here.

Windows 10, English language, single player. Placing deluxe bait in crab pots is supposed to catch silver quality fish, but for some reason if your profession is Mariner, you only get normal quality fish. I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or intentional to balance out the fact that Mariner prevents trash from rolling.

Last edited:

bagelman101

Newcomer
I just used a tent kit at the trout derby and after waking up on the 21st all of the NPCs were glitched and duplicated.

This is on windows 11 PC multiplayer with 2 players staying in the same tent.

As an aside I have also been a bit bothered by this combination of glasses and hair (which I believe is a new 1.6 style?) in the screenshot. Idk if it's intended but the glasses' arm sitting on top of the hair doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

DemiserofD

Sodbuster
Not sure if it's new with 1.6, but when I talk to alex in Haley's house, his dialogue is bugged; he says "Hey farm girl, I have a question for you," And then the next dialogue is "Hey, when I go pro you can say you were my first fan!" or something like that, he doesn't ask a question.

ManaeMortiferum

Greenhorn
My game crashed at 2:00 while passing out. I was able to choose the item i was holding and use f1->f12 and 1->= commands, but couldn't use esc, tab and others.
It's sad because i had just caught the legend at spring y1 and lost all the progress
1711937240475.jpeg

elkmeister

Newcomer
In the new farm type Meadowlands, when I hit the tree seed/drops (acorn, pine cone, maple seed) on the floor with tools, the seeds/drops just disappear or appear to get destroyed. The seed/drop is not picked up.

Single player
English Language
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
My game is also doing this on a brand new 1.6 forest farm. No seeds from any trees chopped, nor from seeds in ground.

Single Player
English
Windows 11

horatius78

Newcomer
Hey,
I am having a major issue with my (I think) un-modded worlds. For a few in-game days, I have not been able to place anything in my world. I first noticed this after acquiring the Trash Catalogue and trying to place it on my farm. As I am trying to place an object down (yes, the hitboxes of the item are green) it plays the same sound it plays when trying to place an item in a location where it cannot be placed. Item Stashing is off, and I have also shuffled through the settings to figure it out, but nothing has helped. I have restarted days multiple times (I have continued playing, as I haven't needed to place anything down), and I even de-installed and re-installed the game over steam. I have taken out my sMAPI and Mods folder out of the game files (the path on steam was not running over sMAPI, but over the usual Stardew path, so that's why the worlds aren't modded), and it hasn't helped either. I created a new farm, but I can't place anything down there either. Yesterday, I picked up my bed to change it with a new one I had gotten, only shortly after remembering I hadn't been able to place anything down. I am neither willing to lose 1.000 g every night, nor am I willing to lose this save in any way. I can upload my main save file if needed, but as this seems to be a general game issue, I don't kow if it would help. Please, I am begging, save me.

Game info:
Windows 11
Single Player
English