Jaylie

Newcomer
I drived to the desert to give Sandy a birthday present but I was not able to give it. (see screenshot)

Game info:
Windows 10
Singleplayer

Screenshot_Bug.png

KeenEye

Newcomer
Major stutter about every 1-1.5 seconds. It's not actually that bad and it only happens when the background is scrolling. I walk what seems like 2-3 steps and then I get a big stutter. I am having a severely hard time dealing with it. It's just a visual effect but it becomes straining on the eyes over time. I have seen many other people reporting the same issues after 1.6 but no fixes yet.

Here are my specs and all the things I have tried.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Specs

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: i7-5960x (3.00ghz : 8cores)

RAM: 64GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti

HDD: 12TB (6.5tb free)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tried to turn off Vsync, I instead get stuttering AND serious screen tearing.

I have tried fullscreen, borderless, and windowed.

I have tried changing the DPI compatability.

I have tried messing with the processor affinity.

I have tried putting Stardew's priority to high.

I have tried a lower resolution.

I have tried with and without mods.

I have tried running the 32 bit compatibility mode.

I have tried changing my monitor refresh rate from 50-60.

I have tried zoom from 80-120

I thought I could just deal with it but the longer I deal with it the more draining it is to deal with. It's literally causing me to not want to play the game because of the pain it's causing in my eyes. I am desperately hoping there'll be some kind of fix for this soon.

Dude, i have experienced that too. Actually, there is strange behaviour with audio and it's currently the common reason behind this odd stuttering.

Here is simple fix I found from discord

Mute all the in-game audio; put all the audio sliders to zero.

This really worked in my case.

High-Sobriety

Greenhorn
I completed a challenge given to me by Willy at the desert fest, catch 3 sand fish. I did so and talked to him. He said "here's 25 calico eggs as a reward" and as soon as i closed the text window i hit the key to open my inventory. I didn't receive any calico eggs.

My inventory was full, if that helps.

7oons

Greenhorn
did your mines star drop also dissapear? i added my stuff in and it worked fine after trying for like 5 hours but i don't know if it'll even get me to perfection when i finally get there or if i'll even get the achievement
It was the mines stardrop which i was trying to fix yea

Doertie

Greenhorn
Unfortunately, I did not manage to grab a screenshot - but in my second years Egg Festival, when Lewis announces the start of the egg hunt, the text boxes stop loading after the first word. There is no freeze though, the announcement moves on. You can still play the egg hunt and afterwards, Lewis' text boxes work just fine.

(Windows 10 Pro, German, single player; just using a few minor mods)

Sandwichplays

Newcomer
I have a problem with a glitch (?) in the volcano dungeon. When I enter, I get stuck in a broken map and can't leave or interact with anything. If I exit the game or pass out at 2 AM, I will return to my bed. Otherwise the game works fine. I play single-player on Windows 11 in English with updated mods and SVE.

The error I get is: An error occurred in the base update loop: InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
Here's the full log: https://smapi.io/log/9e62bf31abe5462892a8d7032837cb5a
Screenshot (125).png

piperului

Newcomer

I am experiencing this extremely annoying bug since last year. It started randomly and it doesn't always happen that frequently. One thing I noticed is that is it intensified if the focused window is not the game or when my cursor moves outside the game window.

Things I have tried and didn't solve the issue:
  • changing resolutions
  • changing Zoom levels
  • changing window sizes
  • trying fullscreen, borderless windowed and windowed
  • limiting the screen to 60 Hz
  • limiting the game to 30 and 60 Hz
  • removing all mods
  • clean reinstall
  • starting a new save file with no mods and a fresh install
  • clean reinstall of GPU drivers
  • V-Sync on and off
  • changing screens (dual monitors setup)
  • using the hardware cursor setting
  • disabling flash effects
  • updating Windows
  • checking whether the CPU or GPU are overheating
As you can see, I tried a lot and I am at my wits' end... I have no idea what is wrong especially since this started in 1.5. Anyone have any clues what this could be?

Hardware Specs:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.70 GHz
  • GPU: AMD Vega 56
  • RAM: 32 GB
I have fixed the issue! If you have the same issue and you do NOT have an AMD GPU then I am sorry but this probably won't work for you. Now let me help you fix the issue if you are a sad AMD user like me

Why?

The issue was produced by having two different versions of AMD's Adrenaline on my computer. You can check if you also have it by opening the Registry Editor and navigating to path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services. Here you should see a folder called AMDRyzenMasterDriverVXX, if you have more than one (I had V20 and V22) then you have the same issue as me

The Solution

1. download Display Driver Uninstaller
2. restart your PC in Safe Mode
3. extract the archive [Guru3D.com]-DDU
4. run DDU v18.0.7.exe as Administrator
5. open the new folder
6. run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe as Administrator
7. select the device type as GPU
8. click Options and make sure Create a system restore point (if allowed) and Prevent downloads of drivers from "Windows update" when "Windows" search for a driver of a device. are checked
9. run the Clean and restart option of DDU and wait for your PC to restart
10. restart again your PC

Now check in the Registry Editor if you have any AMDRyzenMasterDriverVXX folders. You should have none. If that is NOT the case, stop here and post a comment about your issue

Next, you need to reinstall AMD Adrenaline. You just go to their website and download whatever version you wish and install as usual. I chose the WHQL 22.6.1 version

After the installation is complete please check again in the Registry Editor that you have only one AMDRyzenMasterDriverVXX folder. If you do, congratulations! You fixed your PC

If any issues occur please let me know and I will try my best to help

Snakelord

Newcomer
So I got a billboard quest from Robin asking for 35 stone, so I headed to the mines and grabbed the stone required. But then, I went to Robin and talked to her (with my sword out, not the stone) and she said thanks, but I kept all the stone I'd collected whilst still being able to accept the money from her, and in the quest instructions it didn't say I could keep the stone and the money, like what it would say if Clint requested some copper.

Sleepyzeld

Greenhorn
Hello!!

Super enjoying the update! :)

I'm playing single-player on PC (Windows 11) with a Nintendo controller (so "X" is my use tool/action button), and I can't remove things off the walls in my home. I can place things, but not remove them to be moved somewhere else. I've tried other buttons, no dice.

Help please!

🙏

Draaken

Greenhorn
Looking at Clint's relationship page had him appear twice, and the hammering animation caused the second picture. Clicking on the portrait for his Blu animation caused the art to instead freeze in place in the first picture. This was the case for the whole in-game day (Winter 3, year 3) and then fixed itself the next day. I was also on Ginger Island the whole day if that matter? Additionally, this was after 1.6.3.

Attachments

VoltrinityUB

Newcomer
I'm having an issue with my game during a night time cutscene where it crashes constantly no matter what I do and I cannot progress. I am on Windows 10, it's a multiplayer game, has no text errors, and the game language is English.

For context, I am on year 3, summer day 22, and I recently completed the community center and the Joja Mart closed down. I was on Ginger Island when this occurred and so far no other location is letting progress past the cut scene to the save spot. Each night, it's the cut scene with the Joja Mart closed down and lightning hitting the front door. There is green rain, too, if that matters. After the cut scene, the game acts like it's going to save but it just crashes at the black screen. I don't know what might be causing this or if it's just a very niche bug I encountered. I added some screen shots to help identify the cut scene.
Screenshot (370).png

Screenshot (369).png

Saturn

Newcomer
First off, let me say that I really love this game. And just recently, I've also purchased it for my wife and she appears to have fallen in love as well. :D

Anyway, I play the game in German myself and so far I have come across a couple translation issues:

1. After the Flower Dance, you get a message saying how much fun it was. That message is still in English.
  2. I once came across a dialogue that started with the English word "Just" and the rest was in German... unfortunately I forgot whose dialogue it was, though.
  3. In the Stardrop Saloon, Shane once adressed me formally instead of informally. Meaning the entire sentence was formulated with "Sie" instead of "du".
  4. When I gave Penny a loved gift for her birthday, large parts of her reaction dialogue were missing.
  5. During the 8 hearts cutscene with Penny, the first part of her dialogues as well as the replies you can give are all completely messed up. They either show just a single word or some symbols or do not seem to be there at all. Only once you get to reply about either growing vegetables or raising animals, the dialogues work properly again.

I play on the PC, with Windows 11.

SwampyDragon

Newcomer
This error message popped up on the day of the weddings.
Both players gave the mermaid pendant on the same day.
On the calendar it showed both marriages with no apparent error.

After letting the day continue
The first player to give the pendant (player 2) had the wedding cut scene.
The second player to give it (player 1) did not have their cut scene but still had the marriage take place.

Both players using Windows 11 on steam coop.
Language is English for both players.
Is multiplayer.

Attachments

Dark_Brick

Newcomer
1711996241379.png

Cannot enter the wizard's basement, despite the fact that i've already entered it via the witch's hut questline. Doesn't make sense that you can get into the basement through the train station but once you exit it and try to instantly go back you no longer can. Windows 10 Unmodded

I have "read" Woodcutter's Weekly 3 times and yet it never shows up in my "Special Items and Powers" or gives me the thumbs up to show I've read it. It does give me the "You've learned a couple things about foraging" notification in the bottom left though...all the other books I've read so far don't have this problem. I'm not on level 10 foraging yet.

AppleJuiceLady

Newcomer
Hello,
I am having issues completing quests ever since the 1.6 update. They appear in my journal, but when I go to give the specified NPC the specified item, they just take it as a gift, rather than my quest completing and giving me a reward. The quests like the one you have to bring a largemouth bass to Jodi’s house at 7 or put beets in Mayor Lewis’ fridge are still working fine. It’s only the ones that you’re supposed to hand them directly to the NPC.

Quests I have been unable to complete include: Robin’s Request, A Favor for Clint, A Dark Regent, and any “Delivery” request I’ve accepted.