• After patching Steam Deck Stardew from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3, the game will crash to OS after swinging an axe (or any tool) or mounting horse. This occurs in both single and multi player. Vanilla unmodded install. Confirmed on two Steam Deck devices.
  • None, game crashes back to OS
  • SteamOS on Steam Deck
  • English
  • Both single-player and multiplayer
  • Is there a way to roll the install back to 1.6.2 until this game breaking bug can be fixed?
Exact same issue, confirmed across multiple saves as well for me as well. Also english sdv on steam deck. Help!

Vaxodé

Newcomer
Hello :D

I've download the new version but when I made a new farm and opend the present for the Parsnip Seed the texture was replaced by the moss one.

View attachment 20818

This didn't really bother me but then I went outside and tried to clear my farm. This is when I found out my tools don't work.

View attachment 20819 View attachment 20821

My old farms have the same Problems. I restared the game, as well as my laptop, multiple times which didn't seem to fix anything.

How can I solve these issues?
Hello! i have the same issue, i tought it was from mods but even when uninstalling all of them it stays like that. I saw people say that restarting the game multiple times helped but if you have any update i'd appreciate it!
good luck

ovce

Newcomer
  • explain the issue : Putting fruit to seed maker or an egg into incubator will crash the game
  • full error text (if any): error logs for both situations attached
  • what OS you are using: Windows 10
  • in-game language: en
  • single-player
  • anything else you think might be relevant: Running the game via GOG Galaxy in "compatibility" mode (otherwise it takes several minutes to start the game). Trying to continue older save (09/2023) after a pause and update.
  • save file attached

Attachments

Sasukiri

Newcomer
I planted lots of trees in the area next to the rails. Now I had the 10 hearts event with Harvey and my character was just walking against one tree. So I had to skip the event and couldn't see it. I waited vor a few minutes but my character was stuck in front of the tree.
German, Koop, PC

Last edited:

Sasukiri

Newcomer
At the busstop, the sign that says that Pam is on vacation is still there when Pam is at the Bus. Just on the right site (PC, German, Koop)

Stardew Valley Bug.png

rokimaks

Newcomer
This is my first time posting here, sorry if this was already reported or if I'm not reporting this bug properly.

I was near Linus' tent when I got the message that a train is passing through. When I went to see it a cutscene with Wizard started. Train was audible. Train itself wasn't visible, but steam coming out of it was. Train finished passing through before I was done with the cutscegne. When I finished the cutscene there were no items on the ground.

I managed to record a part of it, I don't know if its useful but here it is just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCCCZPHZjU

Played on Windows 10, v1.6.3 build 24087

DapperDanMan

Newcomer
Ran into odd issue on second day of the Trout Derby, Year One

I decided to test out one of the new tents, placed camp to the south of that small central island.

NPC characters have all been replaced with restricted icons and fishing is glitchy. I do still manage to catch some fish, but after a few rounds of casting, when I hear the noise and pull the rod, the mini game doesn't activate. I swear its not my fishing skills, lol! I've attached the save game file for reference.
  • MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
  • in-game language: English
  • Single Player

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 12.45.14 PM.png

Attachments

Shadowmancer

Newcomer
Don't know if this counts as a bug, but a small detail i've stumbled over time and time again, is that hats look really off when looking to the side with some hairstyles (Bucked hat used in example image)
Stardew hat.png

pippab123

Newcomer
When the racoon family asks for dried mushrooms, they accept any dried mushrooms for the reward, not just the type specified. I tried this twice, giving dried common mushrooms when they asked for dried morels and giving dried morels when they asked for dried purple mushrooms

what OS you are using: Windows 10
in-game language: en
single-player

Last edited:
Visual bug w/ the new eyebrow accessory:
I believe it's the same bug I've already seen reported & mentioned in patch notes as fixed, only that one was related to the fishing animation, while I noticed the off-looking eyebrow during emotion animations in a cutscene (specifically the introduction to the farm & when Lewis introduces the player to the community center). My game is fully updated & the fishing animation works well, so I think it may still be a bug elsewhere :butterfly:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Opening a treasure room chest in Skull Cavern gave me 15 parsnip seeds
View attachment 21039
My farm is Meadowlands.
I think this got patched in 1.5, but I'm guessing it has something to do with getting started with Hay instead of Parsnip Seeds.
It was actually around in 1.5 too, I was just telling another user. I’m not sure if it was supposed to be patched in 1.6 and what you said has to do with that though, I assume it was.

A seed spot appeared on one of the squares on the border between Marnie's corner of the map and the farm. When I hit it with the hoe, the seed flew north and disappeared.

TalhaO100050

Newcomer
(Playing in French)

Hello, I just got a SOFTLOCK when talking to Penny and she ask you a question (Characters\Dialogue\Penny:eventSeen_35_memory_oneweek). First she ask then nothing and if you talk again to her she just go "..." and game softlock (see smapi logs)

(I'm playing modded but it also happen in Vanilla, i retested it by replaying the save and waiting her 9AM to talk to her and it happened each time)

Here's my log: https://smapi.io/log/8db037a1b2e04554a9a6b1e93adbe813

Here's my save on the day that triggered the softlock (yeah i modified UniqueID to re-test it myself by making a copy but works the same)

It happend to me too with Jas. I was plaing vanillia stardew valley and happend. Are you found a solution for that bug?

Attachments

Zazen

Greenhorn
Beginning of Meadowlands Farm Bug

Not a biggy, but I just started a new character with the new Meadowlands Farm, and I noticed when I opened the gift box and received 15 hay (instead of 15 parsnip seeds) there was no welcome letter from Mayor Lewis. I thought I'd mention it because to me that letter is just another one of those little wonderful things that make the game so feel good and lovely.
Thanks!

Manuwu

Newcomer
mistranslation in spanish
the "barra de iridio avanzada" (advanced iridium rod) should be called "caña de iridio avanzada"

s0up4y0u2

Newcomer
Non-cosmetic bug - lost all my items!!
I had two sheds. One had all chests, one had kegs. With 1.6 - my two sheds connected. No matter which one I went into, I appeared in the one to the south. All I could see were the kegs. When exiting, I always exited out the south. I couldn't access my chests anymore. I fixed it when I upgraded one of my sheds to a super shed - the connection broke. Then I made the mistake of upgrading the second shed to a super shed, the connection was there again. I tried emptying and deleting the shed I keep appearing in, and now I go into an empty shed (that no longer exists) and exit back onto the map in the random spot where my shed last was. Very sad about this bug :( I lost basically everything

On PC, non modded, single player

Attachments