azulasValley

Greenhorn
I was playing a single player, unmodded Stardew game in English on my windows laptop through Steam! It was the first day of Squidfest and I got a "Help Wanted" request in Winter year 1 from Willy to catch 3 catfish. At least from the current wiki (which may be out of date), Catfish are only supposed to be requested for Spring and Fall! I know you can technically get catfish in Winter, but only with the rain totem, so it seemed out of place to me. [From wiki:
]

Hope this helps! It's a small thing, but I thought I'd report it!

Attachments

Shadock

Newcomer
Hi !

I'm facing a bug on a dialogue with Penny. I've talked to her once and the second time I've talked to her the dialogue froze. I'm stuck in this dialogue.

I'm playing on Windows, language is french, playing multiplayer (I'm host). We've waited 02:00AM, hoping I'd be knocked out (and not having to restart the day) but I remain stuck in the dialogue so I had to Alt + F4

I'm using a few mods but it doesn't seem related to the issue. A friend of mine (also playing in french language) has encountered the same issue in single player (and also had to ALt + F4 and restart the day).

Screenshot below

bug penny.png

Hereunder error text from SMAPI :

[game] Failed parsing dialogue string for NPC Penny (key: Characters\Dialogue\Penny:eventSeen_35_memory_oneweek, text: $y '@, j'aimerais connaitre ton avis. Crois-tu qu'une personne doit-elle être jugée par ses actes ou par ses intentions ?_Actions_Hmm... mais ne commettons-nous pas tous des erreurs parfois ?$s_Intentions_Mmhmm... Mais que se passe-t-il si tu as l'intention de faire quelque chose de bien, mais que tes actions causent du tort à la place ?$s_Je pense que ce n'est pas forcément l'un ou l'autre. Ça peut aussi dépendre de la situation.'#$b#Je me demandais juste quel était ton avis sur la question...).
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at StardewValley.Dialogue.parseDialogueString(String masterString, String translationKey)
at StardewValley.Dialogue..ctor(NPC speaker, String translationKey, String dialogueText) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 312
[game] Failed parsing dialogue string for NPC Penny (key: Characters\Dialogue\Penny:eventSeen_35_memory_oneweek, text: $y '@, j'aimerais connaitre ton avis. Crois-tu qu'une personne doit-elle être jugée par ses actes ou par ses intentions ?_Actions_Hmm... mais ne commettons-nous pas tous des erreurs parfois ?$s_Intentions_Mmhmm... Mais que se passe-t-il si tu as l'intention de faire quelque chose de bien, mais que tes actions causent du tort à la place ?$s_Je pense que ce n'est pas forcément l'un ou l'autre. Ça peut aussi dépendre de la situation.'#$b#Je me demandais juste quel était ton avis sur la question...).
at StardewValley.Dialogue.parseDialogueString(String masterString, String translationKey)
at StardewValley.Dialogue..ctor(NPC speaker, String translationKey, String dialogueText) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 312

Thanks !

Zoeleena

Newcomer
I'm married to Sebastian in my current game and my character had been pregnant and just had their child (boy if it helps). The game saved and moved to the next day after naming. Sebastian clearly regretted the choice and ran through the walls of the house. Jokes aside, he ran all the way up through the black, u-turned at some point, took an immediate left, went around and turned right until he came through the front door of the house and in front of the couch in front of the fireplace.

This has never happened before and I'm uncertain if it's JUST Sebastian or other spouses as well.

OS is Windows 11, in game language is English, Single Player.

Bug.jpg

cyubbe

Greenhorn
Hello,
- My issue is that I am playing with a friend on the new farm and when the Giant tree stump Quest ( with the racoon family ) came up my friend completed it but the quest wasn't taken away from me. I can't cancel it or anything its just there now, I am unable to finish it because as I already stated my friend finished it already.
- My OS is windows 10
- Ingame language is english

Screenshot is attached

Attachments

tomandes

Newcomer
i just reached 14 hearts with emily, gave her the fiber like ussual and.. the cutscene broke :(

Welcome to the void sweetie!!

image.png

Snowby7

Newcomer
In the Stardew Valley Fair after Lewis has judged the display and I have received the reward it still pops up the talking bubble that indicates you can talk to him but I can't talk to him. (PC)
1712177292592.png

Eniii

Newcomer
Game chrases when entering the volcano dungeon. All I see is black screen. I'm the player 2 in a multi game. For the main player, she can run through the texture, but can not interact with anything. Have to restart the game every time. The volcano dungeon can not be used since 1.6.

mouse

Farmer
Experiencing the exact same issue on steam deck, as soon as i swing the pickaxe the game crashes. Error log attached. Verifying integrity made no difference.
Oh thanks for the log, you're the first person I've seen whose crash actually left one! In the meantime can you see if running Stardew through Proton lets you play for now? (Specifically Proton 8 worked for a couple people)

Arr0nt

Newcomer
Iridium Scythe does not give Foraging XP from the Wild Seeds (Winter) plants. Collecting them manually does.
Collecting Powder Melon with the Scythe properly gives Farming XP points.
If I can edit this, I'll add if the interaction with the Wild Seeds (Spring) is working correctly.
Windows 10, English, Single Player.

mouse

Farmer
Game chrases when entering the volcano dungeon. All I see is black screen. I'm the player 2 in a multi game. For the main player, she can run through the texture, but can not interact with anything. Have to restart the game every time. The volcano dungeon can not be used since 1.6.
Are you or were you ever using mods on that save?

Searoam

Greenhorn
Sleeping in a tent on the beach on the first night of SquidFest, quitting the game, and reloading the save to begin day two of SquidFest will transform all the fishing NPCs into little circular error symbols. The player can still interact with the awards tent to claim prizes, but can no longer talk to the other NPC participants. Interestingly, the NPCs can still generate little dialogue popups whenever they hook or lose a squid. I wonder if this bug can be similarly reproduced by warping to the beach immediately before the second day of SquidFest formally begins at 6:10am.

I encountered this bug while playing the 1.6.3 version of the game on a Windows 10 machine.

Attachments

Last edited:

StaticSignal

Greenhorn
The Summit (Perfection Cutscene) missing background
  • Vanilla game, started in 1.5 and moved to 1.6. Also started solo, added a friend later for co-op
  • No error text
  • Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS build 19045.4170, Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0
  • English
  • single-player initially during 1.5, made multiplayer in 1.6, error experienced during single player play;
  • Video of cutscene as experienced linked here in unlisted video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdMi3JUkLg.
  • Cosmetic issue only. And honestly as a big fan of the Dark Souls series, I'm OK with this one lol. Like looking into the void, or the abyss where you'd jump off to fight the Four Kings

Hey,
I came across a bug just now. I was fully prepared for my first trout derby on my old save (had got perfection in 1.5, but the save is from 2016) I used advanced rod, caught some with challenge bait, then some with deluxe bait, etc. I caught a lot of trout, but at some point I noticed I was no longer getting the gold tokens, it stopped giving me them once I received 13. I kept catching trout just to see, and it didn't give me any more despite continuing to catch trouts. I went to bed and thought maybe it was a day limit? When I woke up I didn't get the pop up for the derby starting - but maybe that's how it is on the 2nd day - I went down to the derby and cashed in my 13 tokens, and then went to catch more, and yep - still not giving me any more. If this is just the limit, I would appreciate something in game acknowledging that (maybe after you cash in the 13?) but seeing as it's a 2 day festival I would assume you could get more than 13 trouts - especially if we do the festival every year.
-single player
-stardew 1.6.3
-English
I reset the 2nd day of the derby to add my save here (so 13 tokens are still in inventory)

Attachments

daumega

Newcomer
When you accept Mr. Qi's quest for legend fish, if you accept them at the same period of time as the night market, you cannot catch the Crimsonfish. Day or night.

AStarInGemini

Newcomer
The ice rod seems to be firing at a truffle? Never had this issue until this day in game . Mac, English, Singleplayer.

Edit: Truffle has hit points, and was a crab? Didn't know this was a thing, but apparently a real feature. Gonna leave this here in case anyone comes to report the bug, but feel free to delete

Attachments

jjessirose

Greenhorn
on a rainy day for Robin's medical checkup, Harvey was in his room on the broadcasting set the whole time she was in the medical room.

You are unable to skip Emily's "dressing room" cutscene during the desert festival with the "F" hotkey, you are only able to skip it with the skip button. Also, you are unable to skip the bus cutscene altogether.

Sneazel1

Newcomer
Playing on PC I put up a tent during the trout derby in cinder sap slept in it then the next day went down and this is what I saw. (Playing multiplayer both players saw it and both slept in the tent):

20240329212515_1.jpg