Moon5hadow

Greenhorn
Functionality feedback: When using the xbox controller to open items such as “Furniture Catalogue” or “Oak Dresser” in PC version 1.6, the cursor could not be moved to the sub-category menu on the left side of the operation panel to sort items.
Furniture Catalogue.png
Oak Dresser.png

surfingDdog

Newcomer
Whenever I try to place something in the world, a plant, furniture or a crab pot the game freezes and then crashes. I am using windows 11, English language, and multiplayer.
Full error:
InnerException: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Asset does not appear to be a valid XNB file. Did you process your content for Windows?
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.GetContentReaderFromXnb(String originalAssetName, Stream stream, BinaryReader xnbReader, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 347
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 322
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 524
at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 585
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 589
at StardewValley.Fence.GetFenceLookup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Fence.cs:line 228
at StardewValley.Object.IsFenceItem() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Object.cs:line 5912
at StardewValley.Object.placementAction(GameLocation location, Int32 x, Int32 y, Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Object.cs:line 6139
at StardewValley.Utility.tryToPlaceItem(GameLocation location, Item item, Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 7224
at StardewValley.Game1.pressUseToolButton() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12796
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass951_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 14306
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 13864
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4012
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3176
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.5 build 24110
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Client)
In-game Date: Spring 10 Y1 Time of Day: 1630
Game Location: Beach

Attachments

Background_Ben

Newcomer
Hey all,

Ive tried looking everywhere and ive ran out of options so ive came to reddit to find a solution to my problem.

So ive recently gotten back into stardew with the new update being released the only problem is the game is comepletly broken for me (on windows 11) and will crash on me multiple times in one session. I will just be casually playing the game WITH NO MODS and all of a sudden the game will freeze and crash.

Im curently out of options as every single fix that ive found comes up with no bugs found:

this includes varifying the game files / performing memory and storage health checks / a freash install of windows 11 / sfc comands and more, so im starting to think this is a stardew problem as I have 0 issues with any other games.

Ive attached a screen shot of the error message I get in the event tracker but it gives me little to no information at all asides saying its stopped interacting with Windows

If anyone can help that would be massive as I have a big craving to play and the fact the games broken is kinda killing that energy.

PC:
windows 11
i9-13900K
rtx2070 super
32gb ram
2Tb m.2

Attachments

ashtengames

Greenhorn
Hi! Was looking at the recipes I have and noticed a slight visual issue with all of the food recipes! The text doesn't quite fit in the box provided (photo to show). Using Windows 10, unmodded, singleplayer, english

Attachments

celinaaaa

Newcomer
Issue with machines. I can't place eggs in the incubator after the first coop upgrade on the meadowlands farm. I've tried different types and qualities of eggs, none of them can be loaded into the machine to be hatched. I only have the two starting chickens and a duck in there so the coop is far from being at capacity.
  • Game version; My game is updated to 1.6.2 on mac
  • in-game language; English
  • Single-player
  • So far I've only seen this issue shared by someone on Linux. They also mentioned other machines being 'broken'. I also checked in my old save file and I can confirm that the Deluxe Coop incubator, the seed starter machine and the cellar cask (*gasp* there go all our business plans) are unable to be loaded. The machines I've tested and which are working are the preservatives jar, keg, tappers, mayo and cheese machine, the recycling machine and loom. Like others, I also have the Ostrich egg incubator turned Junimo chest issue.
  • I've attached the new Meadowlands save so the coop incubator issue can be isolated.
I am having this same issue, am also on MacBook. Just got the first coop upgrade and can’t place any eggs. Only have 4 animals in coop.

snowyowls

Newcomer
I left the festival of ice in the middle of the ice fishing competition. The next day (this was in the same session), no matter what tool I was holding, trying to use it would cast a fishing line instead. I closed the game and started it again and then it was fine. This was single player, english, windows 10.

Sir Masquerade

Newcomer
after skipping Shane's 4 heart event while the farmer was pouring water on him, I was unable to use or hold any item. when attempting to use an item, the farmer used an un-upgraded watering can instead. Reloading the save fixed it though. This was in single player on PC.

Farmer Bob

Greenhorn
Emily's 10 Heart event still doesn't trigger. 1.6.3 did not fix it. I get the mailed letter. But it wont trigger when going into the secret woods.
Season doesn't matter.
Am on 1.6.4 now.
PC
4 Corners farm.
Vanilla unmodded.
Installed the game on a fresh Win 10 machine to rule out anything else messing with it. Same thing.

ofarukkayar

Greenhorn
A potential bug/overlooked corner case about heart events, getting married, and heart level

In my recent save that I created after the last update 1.6, I decided to marry Maru. Her heart level was at 10/10. The wedding was just the day before her birthday, and the wedding day went smoothly. The next day, since I wanted to reach the stardrop as soon as possible, I gave her a present that she loves according to Wiki (a diamond if I remember correctly) on her birthday. However, her heart level stayed at 10/14. It should have skyrocketed to 14/14. This was clearly a bug. Then I started investigating and found out that I hadn't seen Maru's 10-heart event and married her without it. After the 10-heart event, the heart level turned to normal (it was still 10/14 but progressed normally) and it is 14/14 now. The solution here can be either preventing the player from marrying a candidate without completing all heart events or increasing the heart level cap to 14 regardless of the completion of heart events.

Tldr; marrying someone without seeing all heart events probably prevents the heart level cap from going to 14(visibly okay but codewise bugged OR intended).

This happened on version 1.6.4
PC, Windows 11
meadowlands farm singleplayer
unmodded
English

Last edited:

haliforniapdx

Newcomer
Bucket Hat disappears when rewarded at Trout Derby
During the Trout Derby (Summer, Saturday the 20th) I turned in one of the Golden Tags for rewards, and on that particular tag the reward was the Bucket Hat. I held it over my head, in my hands, but then it disappeared. Never went to my inventory. My wife had the exact same issue happen on her game. The alert appeared in the lower left, but where the icon should be it was blank.
  • Win 10
  • English
  • Single Player
  • Unmodded
Update: as I've been playing more in the same session, the Bucket Hat alert keeps reappearing in the lower left. It's still blank (no picture).

Last edited:

Nomie

Newcomer
Random crash
On a multiplayer non modded world (3 players), willys boat is repaired by fall 3 year 2, on that same day we all go to ginger island we all sleep in the same tent kit, we then get the overnight cutcene where joja mart gets struck by lightning and the secret bundle is unlocked, right as that cutcene ends the game just closes out on its own. PS we tried replaying the day but the exact same thing happened.

Adir

Newcomer
as of 1.6.4 there is a bug where a switching a big chest with a regular chest (by right clicking) will hide the items that the regular chest can't show, organizing the chest (if it wasn't before) will shift the items in view but won't do anything else
20240424143429_1.jpg

20240424143424_1.jpg

SarahK

Greenhorn
Hi, I´m playing SV vor a long time now - as single- and multiplayer on macbook pro (M1, Ventura 13.2.1), in german. Since updating the game I have problems interacting with some machines: seed maker, recycling machine, egg-incubator so far. Can´t put stuff into them, getting stuff out works. It doesn't work neither with mouse nor trackpad. I have also tried to change the settings - without success. Interaction with boxes, people, etc. are no problem. Looking forward for any help!

sgtmeep

Newcomer
1713983400731.png
Windows, unmodded, horse body will often clip through fences. It seems to happen when approaching a fencepost from the top, running parallel to the fenceline atleast 1 tile, and then you can pas through the fences horizontally. The issue does not occur with fences that are lined up horizontally.

mouse

Farmer
I will just be casually playing the game WITH NO MODS and all of a sudden the game will freeze and crash.
Does the game leave a crash log? You can find them by pressing the windows key + R and entering %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs (it's in the same folder your saves folder is in).

jocelyncade

Newcomer
I decorated the area around the raccoon tree before his wife moved in and now his wife is stuck under the chair. I cannot blow up the chair, I cannot interact with the chair to move it, any interaction opens her shop menu.

Attachments

Grim Reaper

Newcomer
Idk if dis is happening to everyone but im playin da original game on my phone (i bought it a few days ago) and i made it to dis one point where da egg event is happening (i think deres supposed to be a cut scene cuz it stops for a bit and den continues playin) when u go to Pierre's shop in da game when da egg event is happening and want to see what hes sellin in da shop and wanna exit out it wont let u leave at all like i tried doing dat multiple times and even tries closin and openin da game TWICE and u cant even move at all in da game like seriously u literally cannot move at all like idk whats goin on and yes before u say anything i also have da joystick thing but das not da problem da problem is dat i have my finger on da X button and it takes me out but when i let go it gets me back into da shop can u PLEASE fix dis

Attachments

parallax

Farmhand
Can't open a gifting menu for a NPC that was gifted a wedding ring in earlier versions.
Windows 10, Steam, Version 1.6.5

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: InvalidCastException: Can't create item ID '(O)801' as a Object type because it's a StardewValley.Objects.Ring instance.
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.Create[TItem](String itemId, Int32 amount, Int32 quality, Boolean allowNull) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 418
at StardewValley.Menus.ProfileMenu._SetCharacter(SocialEntry entry) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ProfileMenu.cs:line 183
at StardewValley.Menus.ProfileMenu..ctor(SocialEntry subject, List`1 allSocialEntries) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ProfileMenu.cs:line 154
at StardewValley.Menus.SocialPage.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SocialPage.cs:line 567
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4789
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4001
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3176
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1083

Bookwitch28

Newcomer
A few issues I've noticed playing on a pre-update save file, no mods.
1) Occasionally 'fly' through doorways - walking animation stops and I go faster than running. Only lasts a few tiles, happens mostly when exiting farmhouse.
2) Lost dwarf translation book?? I had it and was friends with the dwarf, but now it's not in my special tab anymore and the space for it just displays a "???" I had a few hearts with him and they're gone now because we can't understand each other anymore. I CAN still gift to him, interestingly enough.
1714005552900.png
1714005584609.png
1714005620938.png

3) Prices are incorrect for some artisan goods: iridium quality mead (560g. I have the artisan profession, and profit margin set to 100%, and so it should be 840g). It's possible this is the price catalogue book, but it's been right about other things.
1714005452208.png

Attachments

Last edited: