Shift clicking with a stack of items to place items in Grange Display has them deleted

I placed my items in the Grange Display for the Stardew Valley Fair. Then I noticed that two of the items, which were Iridum quality Midnight Carp, had disappeared. I though this was an issue with duplicate items vanishing, but simply placing duplicate items does not cause the issue. I then found that the issue happens when you shift click when placing the item, but only when you have a stack of items.

Single Player, English Language

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have items in your inventory at the Stardew Valley Fair
2. Go to the grange display and go into the inventory UI for the display
3. Left click to select a stack of two or more items
4. Move the cursor in position to place an item in the display
5. Hold Shift
6. Left click while holding shift
7. Observe one copy of the item is placed in the display, while the rest of the stack is back in your inventory
8. Click OK
9. Observe the item you placed is not in the display
10. Go back into the inventory UI for the display
11. Observe the item in the display is gone, and the other items in the stack are in your inventory

Attachments

assasymphoni

Newcomer
Issue: I have had sprinklers disappearing from my Ginger Island Farm.
Language: English
Game mode: Single-player
Anything else: This glitch seems to have started after my game updated to 1.6.4; prior to that, everything was fine. First it was just one sprinkler, and I assumed I'd done something to break it without noticing and then it de-spawned somehow. I just replaced it. Then it happened again. I continued to play on, hoping it was just me having messed up once more, even though my doubts were growing. A few in-game days later and now three more are gone as well.

Admittedly, my game is modded, including some Ginger Island farm edits, but I did not have this problem until this week's update. I uninstalled the mod that edited Ginger Island, but my newly disappeared sprinklers are still gone. In the picture below, you can see the top right sprinkler that was the second one to disappear (those crops are from a previous planting cycle) and then in the center, a couple of the more recent disapperances, which are at the same growth stage as the far left side. They haven't yet missed a watering, so the sprinklers just disappeared over the previous night!
1713587512578.png

pwillyu

Newcomer
Hi, on 1.6.5, in single player, with no mods. Im on year 2 fall. This started only today when I was playing but when I would go to sleep the game would hard crash. Completely closing the game not saving my day. Happened 3 times before I gave up for the night. I couldn’t find really any correlation between the 3 times it happened. Followed my farm routine and did random things on said days. Nothing stuck out as why it would crash. Thank you for all that you do! (I have gathered more info) it appears to crash on the 3rd day I play. So I can go 2 in a row fine but that 3rd day always ends with a crash when I sleep.

Last edited:

pwillyu

Newcomer
Hi, on 1.6.5, in single player, with no mods. Im on year 2 fall. This started only today when I was playing but when I would go to sleep the game would hard crash. Completely closing the game not saving my day. Happened 3 times before I gave up for the night. I couldn’t find really any correlation between the 3 times it happened. Followed my farm routine and did random things on said days. Nothing stuck out as why it would crash. Thank you for all that you do!
sorry forgot to say, on steam, in English as well

NovaShrugs

Newcomer
2 visual bugs -
Multiplayer
English
Windows 10

I can't send videos, but when you put the Purple Shorts into the community fish tank and there is seaweed in it, the seaweed and "shorts" Z fight. Also, this tree clips with the cliff's sprite for some reason. This is the default farm.
1713593580366.png

PiratedOwl

Newcomer
I got the prismatic butterfly thing, and I found it, but it was completely out of bounds on the backroads. I tried everything (including even a fishing rod and a slingshot), but it was just completely out of bounds.

It's a non-modded, multi-player game, it's Windows 11, and English game.

The picture is of the prismatic butterfly, but it's orange because that's what it was when I took the photo lol

Attachments

Rox

Newcomer
Steam deck, Meadowlands Farm, 2 Summer Year 2. Tried to enter Sandy's shop in Calico Desert and the game immediately crashed - happened twice.
Decided to try something else for the day - went down to Marnie's and when I tried to enter the shop the game immediately crashed.
Reloaded the game to see if this happens with every shop - was wandering the beach waiting for somewhere to open and the game hard crashed while simply walking and not interacting with anything.
Seems I won't be able to make it through a single day at the moment.

**ETA: Game worked fine on PC. I restarted the Steam Deck and no further issues so far**

Last edited:

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
  • full error text (if any);
  • what OS you are using;
  • in-game language;
  • single-player or multiplayer;
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file! You can get your save this way: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
Norton reports that "Stardew Valley.exe" does not have a valid digital signature.
Version 1.6.5, PC/Windows 10, no mods, single player, just opened to main menu. I can select to let it slide for this session or permanently as a work around. Screen shot attached (edited for privacy).
1.6.5 missing digital signature.jpg

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
When I updated the game while the ostrich egg was in the incubator, this happened:blush:
What is "this" that which happened? All I can see is your farmer standing next to a Juno Crate in an empty coop. Did the incubator become the Juno Crate, or did the incubator simply disappear and the Juno Crate was already there before? Did you loose all your farm animals, or did you not have any before?

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
Steam deck, Meadowlands Farm, 2 Summer Year 2. Tried to enter Sandy's shop in Calico Desert and the game immediately crashed - happened twice.
Decided to try something else for the day - went down to Marnie's and when I tried to enter the shop the game immediately crashed.
Reloaded the game to see if this happens with every shop - was wandering the beach waiting for somewhere to open and the game hard crashed while simply walking and not interacting with anything.
Seems I won't be able to make it through a single day at the moment.
It sounds like what ever is causing the crash is happening somewhere else on your farm and not where you are or related to what you are doing. There are no events scheduled for that date, and the fact that you are walking around means it wasn't an overnight event either. Do you have slime eggs being hatched? Does the crash happen at the same time of day on that date (for example, the train might be coming at that time). Does it happen while you are indoors as well as outside? You may wish to compress (zip) and upload a copy of your game save from %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves. I'm just trying to help you fill out your report with more details.

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
I got the prismatic butterfly thing, and I found it, but it was completely out of bounds on the backroads. I tried everything (including even a fishing rod and a slingshot), but it was just completely out of bounds.
What was the time of day when this happened? At 3 pm, the butterfly flies away and you can no longer reach it. Perhaps you walked into the scene as it was flying away. It does move about once you arrive as I have had to chase it around Cindersnap Forest due to the complexities of navigating across the bridges.

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
In the Animal Tab of the Inventory the Scrowlwheelbounds dont allign with the UI
What is your screen resolution and UI scale set to? I am not having this problem with Windowed Borderless and 120% UI Scale. My windows resolution is at 3840x2160 though the game shows 4096x2160 faded out.

Rox

Newcomer
It sounds like what ever is causing the crash is happening somewhere else on your farm and not where you are or related to what you are doing. There are no events scheduled for that date, and the fact that you are walking around means it wasn't an overnight event either. Do you have slime eggs being hatched? Does the crash happen at the same time of day on that date (for example, the train might be coming at that time). Does it happen while you are indoors as well as outside? You may wish to compress (zip) and upload a copy of your game save from %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves. I'm just trying to help you fill out your report with more details.
Thank you for your input!
The first two times happened approximately 10:30am in the desert. At the beach, it was around 7:20am. I reloaded and stayed in my home, and it crashed again at around 6:30am. I don't have a slime hutch.

I tried sleeping that day away and starting on 3 Summer. Did my morning routine with the coop and barn animals. Wandered over to Pierre's - attempted the door and it crashed immediately, approx 9:40am.

Tried again. Was able to enter the CC, crashed when trying to enter the museum 8:10am.

If I upload a copy of my save file, is that so I can attempt playing that copy? Or is the purpose just to preserve my current progress? I've never had issues before (500 hours on Steam) so have never explored this. Sorry if that comes across as a dumb question. And thank you, again.

Gombiger

Newcomer
Minor bug from previous versions which is still active in 1.6. (I'm actually a passionate console player).

This letter from Pierre is only (?) possible to receive when you're playing in English. The condition "Received Inventory Full game notification" doesn't trigger the letter in other languages (tested with German, French and Spanish).

Mail.JPG

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
If I upload a copy of my save file, is that so I can attempt playing that copy? Or is the purpose just to preserve my current progress? I've never had issues before (500 hours on Steam) so have never explored this. Sorry if that comes across as a dumb question. And thank you, again.
The suggestion to upload your save file was to add it to this post so the dev can see other details behind the scene that you are unable to identify. It also gives other players a chance to try and replicate the bug on their machines. Are you getting any crash reports? How much RAM do you have? Is either your system hard drive or game drive getting full?
Error logs: %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

Otacrow

Greenhorn
If a treasure chest in a Skull Cavern treasure room contains 15 parsnip seeds exactly, the same quest text is shown as when first opening the packet of Parsnip Seeds when starting the game. (Which is funny, but obviously a bug)

Nimeld

Farmhand
Can't not catch the Son of Crimsonfish during the Night Market
Even if I cheat to get the bait of Son of Crimsonfish
Because the game load the other map of beach during the Night Market instead the oranginal beach map
And,unfortunately, it's the Last Day of the Quest :(
Pls Fix It! :cry:

Attachments

nillabean

Newcomer
Issue: game crashes mid-animation when trying to use pickaxe, hoe, fishing rod, or axe.

Game Mode: Single player
Language: English
System: Steamdeck

Based on my own testing to compile information, it doesn't appear to be related to time, since I've had it happen if I swing a pickaxe immediately after leaving bed (6 am) and several in-game hours later in the mines. I haven't been able to recreate this on PC (Windows or Mac), so I think it might be just a Steamdeck issue?

Attachments

GAZ_Tao

Greenhorn
Hi, I have started playing the game again.
i have an issue where i placed a Dehydrator in my house however the machine doesnt work. It wont accept any fruit or veggies. I tried moving it around, i even tried using coal like with the smoker and still nothing. I dont have the recipe to craft a new one yet. Ive searched for a post about this issue on the forums as well and found nothing. Can anyone help me with a fix if they know about it or something?

Image i added is what happens when i try to add veggie or fruit to the dehydrator.

Attachments