NormanPCN

Farmhand
I'm not sure if this is a bug but Tapped Oak or Maple trees are being converted to temporary green rain trees (mossy tree) during fall.
I looked a the Stardew code (Tree.seasonUpdate) and it shows a X% chance of something like this occurring but it looks to be excluding tapped trees. It has a (!tapped) in the condition. Visual Studio does complain about this code that the implicit conversion of NetBool to bool is obsolete. Suggestion is to be explicit and use ".Value". If tapped trees are to be excluded then maybe this warning is meaningful. Elsewhere in the Stardew code I see ".Value" being used on the NetBool (tapped.Value).

Anyway, I don't take that from the game. Once the tapper produces I just chop the tree, replant the tree, and then insta grow the tree using CJB cheats and then put the tapper back.

edit: additional info. The trees are on the Farm (Forest) and the tappers are heavy tappers.

Last edited:

caeen

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm playing on a vanilla 1.6 farm, noticed 2 things!

1. Cat clips through the bed posts at the end of the Blue Pinstriped Double Bed. I believe this applies to the single bed as well.

1713545611616.png

2. I got the Special Orders board and accepted a Crop Order, I realized a little too late that it was for artichokes, and I'm on year 1 so I have no access to them. Should've realized but I also feel as though this probably shouldn't be offered in year 1?
[ English, 1.6.4, Windows 11/ Steam, Single-Player ]
1713545785084.png

1713545815848.png

maryszme

Newcomer
Hello, i'm having a problem. i must admit i play modded version of the game, but i dont think it matters in this case. today i tried to load my save, but my game screen got dark and turned the game off immediately. i tried starting the game mutiple times, but it doesnt change. What can i do to fix the issue? this is the screenshot of how does the game look right after i load it and i can't do anything - it just turns off.

Attachments

LociCommunes

Greenhorn
I unlocked Harvey's 14 heart cutscene before I built the dining room- the game just puts Harvey and the player into the black background of the house where I assume the dining room would be - on windows 10, English, singleplayer, no mods
<3

Eristalis

Newcomer
Trinkets don't show up in the gifts page. I'm playing 1.6.4 in English.

I have gifted some trinkets (e.g. fairy box to Jas and frog egg to Sebastian) and they don't seem to show up on any of the gift pages.
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 18.25.06.pngScreenshot 2024-04-19 at 18.25.32.pngScreenshot 2024-04-19 at 18.25.45.png

coathang3r

Newcomer
1713553871731.png

Single player, unmodded, PC windows 11, English.
I can jump off of my horse onto the fish ponds. I can jump back onto the horse to get out of it and repeat.

darlinbean

Newcomer
View attachment 22133
This glitch happened when I entered that ladder in the glitched quarry mines. I exited at the skull cavern entrance and when I went back to the quarry it was still glitched and I got there again

Additionally, anything I mined on that floor froze in the air and could not be picked up.

Edit: Soon after posting this I went back the next day and it was fixed.

This happened to me too! *right* when I got a prismatic shard. Ugh 😑

Attachments

Hi, I've been having issues with green rain on one of my old profiles from 1.5.6. I'm playing on Windows, English, and singleplayer.
Only this profile is affected, I have two I created in 1.6.3 and another profile from 1.5.6 that don’t have this glitch, they were all on Spring of year 1 while the affected profile was on Summer of year 3, which is what I suspect is causing the glitch.

The current day on that profile became a green rain day after updating, but some parts of the event weren’t working as intended. There were no moss trees, I didn’t receive the letter from Gus and everyone’s schedules and dialogue are those that would be expected of a second green rain when this is the first one on this profile.

I went back a day by deleting my current save and removing ‘old’ from the backup and now the moss trees are spawning normally and I received the letter from Gus, but the villagers are still behaving as if they had already experienced a green rain.

Edit: I finally figured out how to send my save file here, oops! I'm also no longer receiving Gus' letter after reloading.

Attachments

Last edited:

esperare

Newcomer
Hey, my game keeps crashing. No error message, just shuts off.

I can do anything I want on my farm (with one exception I’ll get to). I can go in buildings, harvest crops, do all the animal care things, I even keep getting my stardrop from Emily every time I’ve tried again. I can leave my farm.

My game has crashed every time I: use the minecart, go into Marnie’s house (I haven’t tried other buildings outside my farm), or try to get on my horse.

I’ve done mostly everything the same each time I tried, with some minor differences, until I tried to get around or test the crash.

I’m playing on Steamdeck in English.

When this happened I was playing single player, but have played this save multiplayer several times.

I updated to 1.6.5 this morning.

Attachments

Last edited:

pimoa_cthulu

Newcomer
Game crashes when going down ladder in mines, level 7

Happened two times in a row, need to take a break before I try again

Error log says: "Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." for both crashes

Playing on windows 10 PC

Using vanilla 1.6.4, save file attached

Attachments

VioletNotes

Newcomer
During Coop, I have encountered a Special Prismatic Slime during the Wizard's "Prismatic Jelly" Special Order quest, which I didn't even know it was possible as I couldn't find the info on it anywhere.

I killed it, but it only dropped a Wooden Club, and no Jelly which bummed me out for how rare it is.

Last edited:

Xoura

Greenhorn
I started a Riverland farm yesterday (April 18th), and got about a week into the game, everything working totally fine. When I went to play today, after I saw there was an update thingy, I couldn't use tools in a specific area of my (level 1) house. Yesterday, I had moved the fish smoker to the bottom left corner of my house, next to the doorway. Today when I got on, I tried to use the smoker but it wouldn't accept the fish and coal; I tried to break and re place the smoker, I couldn't use any tools on it. I don't do modding, I haven't changed anything from the default stuff, and the only change I am aware of IS the patch update. I'm worried to go into my main save file because I don't want that to be bugged too, or whatever the issue is.
Editing to add: I've found that the bug occurs between the time of saving and going to the title screen, then going back into the save file; also that it's not exclusive to the Riverland Farm layout. I made others and it's all acting the same way (not going into my main save since I don't want to lose progress or anything there if I can avoid it) but it IS somewhere between saving and leaving, then returning to that save where I cannot interact with items in the corner.

Last edited:

ava37348

Newcomer
mac os, singleplayer, English
I gave my spouse a wilted bouquet out of curiosity. It caused us to divorce which I'm pretty sure wasn't supposed to happen. His room and stuff are gone in that little back area, but he won't leave my house. I opened the game and he was on my wall. My ex-spouse was Harvey btw.

Shift clicking with a stack of items to place items in Grange Display has them deleted

I placed my items in the Grange Display for the Stardew Valley Fair. Then I noticed that two of the items, which were Iridum quality Midnight Carp, had disappeared. I though this was an issue with duplicate items vanishing, but simply placing duplicate items does not cause the issue. I then found that the issue happens when you shift click when placing the item, but only when you have a stack of items.

Single Player, English Language

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have items in your inventory at the Stardew Valley Fair
2. Go to the grange display and go into the inventory UI for the display
3. Left click to select a stack of two or more items
4. Move the cursor in position to place an item in the display
5. Hold Shift
6. Left click while holding shift
7. Observe one copy of the item is placed in the display, while the rest of the stack is back in your inventory
8. Click OK
9. Observe the item you placed is not in the display
10. Go back into the inventory UI for the display
11. Observe the item in the display is gone, and the other items in the stack are in your inventory

Attachments

assasymphoni

Newcomer
Issue: I have had sprinklers disappearing from my Ginger Island Farm.
Language: English
Game mode: Single-player
Anything else: This glitch seems to have started after my game updated to 1.6.4; prior to that, everything was fine. First it was just one sprinkler, and I assumed I'd done something to break it without noticing and then it de-spawned somehow. I just replaced it. Then it happened again. I continued to play on, hoping it was just me having messed up once more, even though my doubts were growing. A few in-game days later and now three more are gone as well.

Admittedly, my game is modded, including some Ginger Island farm edits, but I did not have this problem until this week's update. I uninstalled the mod that edited Ginger Island, but my newly disappeared sprinklers are still gone. In the picture below, you can see the top right sprinkler that was the second one to disappear (those crops are from a previous planting cycle) and then in the center, a couple of the more recent disapperances, which are at the same growth stage as the far left side. They haven't yet missed a watering, so the sprinklers just disappeared over the previous night!
1713587512578.png

pwillyu

Newcomer
Hi, on 1.6.5, in single player, with no mods. Im on year 2 fall. This started only today when I was playing but when I would go to sleep the game would hard crash. Completely closing the game not saving my day. Happened 3 times before I gave up for the night. I couldn’t find really any correlation between the 3 times it happened. Followed my farm routine and did random things on said days. Nothing stuck out as why it would crash. Thank you for all that you do! (I have gathered more info) it appears to crash on the 3rd day I play. So I can go 2 in a row fine but that 3rd day always ends with a crash when I sleep.

Last edited: