aelinus

Newcomer
Hi! I noted a bug with the mini shipping bin. I had put magma caps (previously unregistered in my collection) into the bin on Fall 7, but checked on Fall 8 and they were not registered. On fall 8, I submitted a separate previously unregistered item (battery pack) to see if this would correct the issue, and now the magma caps appear as registered in my collection. Just wanted to bring it to someone's attention! I'm running on MacOS and was in single-player the entire duration of this but (although there are multiplayer saves on the file).

Thank you very much for this info, I did not know that! I'll try to find those! but I will add that due to the "random" nature of those seeds I would consider it as not 100% guaranteed as year 1 completion :)
Glad to help! Yeah that is a good point though... if you are very unlucky it might not work out. Happy farming!

Saphryu

Greenhorn
The Foraging Tracker isn't lined up properly when changing zoom. I'm also running in 1440p if that has anything to do with it.

kaloyskii

Newcomer
QUEEN OF SAUCE COOKBOOK not showing
  • I've tried reading the Queen of Sauce Cookbook a dozen times, and I've completed every recipe.
  • in-game language: English
  • mostly played the game in single-player but built a shed to allow multiplayer games.

1714904577425.png

Attachments

Last edited:

n34r

Newcomer
Hi, in the new version, 1.6 I married Sam and after marriage, there is no gifting icon or the little speech icon. Now it is 1.6.7 and still not here. Hearts also don't decrease or increase, despite good/bad gifts.
EDIT: it does increase! only the icons are missing.
1714913065434.png

Last edited:

lelelessa

Newcomer
My game keeps crashing with or without mods when an item (only with Club Weapons) has an special upgrade :( i dont know what to do!

here without mods:

Message: Asset does not appear to be a valid XNB file. Did you process your content for Windows?
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.GetContentReaderFromXnb(String originalAssetName, Stream stream, BinaryReader xnbReader, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 347
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 322
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 524
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.LoadString(String path) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 641
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.LoadStringReturnNullIfNotFound(String path) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 631
at StardewValley.Enchantments.BaseEnchantment.GetDisplayName() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Enchantments\BaseEnchantment.cs:line 437
at StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon.drawTooltip(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Int32& x, Int32& y, SpriteFont font, Single alpha, StringBuilder overrideText) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Tools\MeleeWeapon.cs:line 1345
at StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu.drawHoverText(SpriteBatch b, StringBuilder text, SpriteFont font, Int32 xOffset, Int32 yOffset, Int32 moneyAmountToDisplayAtBottom, String boldTitleText, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, String[] buffIconsToDisplay, Item hoveredItem, Int32 currencySymbol, String extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, Int32 overrideX, Int32 overrideY, Single alpha, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients, IList`1 additional_craft_materials, Texture2D boxTexture, Nullable`1 boxSourceRect, Nullable`1 textColor, Nullable`1 textShadowColor, Single boxScale, Int32 boxWidthOverride, Int32 boxHeightOverride) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\IClickableMenu.cs:line 1269
at StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu.drawToolTip(SpriteBatch b, String hoverText, String hoverTitle, Item hoveredItem, Boolean heldItem, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, Int32 currencySymbol, String extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients, Int32 moneyAmountToShowAtBottom) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\IClickableMenu.cs:line 951
at StardewValley.Menus.ForgeMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ForgeMenu.cs:line 1367
at StardewValley.Mods.ModHooks.TryDrawMenu(IClickableMenu menu, Action draw_menu_action) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Mods\ModHooks.cs:line 46
at StardewValley.Game1.DrawMenu(GameTime time, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15399
at StardewValley.Game1._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15316
at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15040
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 618
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 932
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.5 build 24110
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Radeon RX 5500 XT
In-game Date: Summer 12 Y4 Time of Day: 840
Game Location: Caldera

Now the same type of crash but with mods (in another save)

An error occurred in the game's draw loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Asset does not appear to be a valid XNB file. Did you process your content for Windows? at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.GetContentReaderFromXnb(String originalAssetName, Stream stream, BinaryReader xnbReader, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 347 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 322 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.RawLoad[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 340 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<LoadExact>b__0() in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 127 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.LoadExact[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.LoadLocalized[T](IAssetName assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 154 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 136 at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.LoadString(String path) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 641 at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.LoadStringReturnNullIfNotFound(String path) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 631 at StardewValley.Enchantments.BaseEnchantment.GetDisplayName() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Enchantments\BaseEnchantment.cs:line 437 at StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon.drawTooltip(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Int32& x, Int32& y, SpriteFont font, Single alpha, StringBuilder overrideText) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Tools\MeleeWeapon.cs:line 1345 at StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu.drawHoverText(SpriteBatch b, StringBuilder text, SpriteFont font, Int32 xOffset, Int32 yOffset, Int32 moneyAmountToDisplayAtBottom, String boldTitleText, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, String[] buffIconsToDisplay, Item hoveredItem, Int32 currencySymbol, String extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, Int32 overrideX, Int32 overrideY, Single alpha, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients, IList`1 additional_craft_materials, Texture2D boxTexture, Nullable`1 boxSourceRect, Nullable`1 textColor, Nullable`1 textShadowColor, Single boxScale, Int32 boxWidthOverride, Int32 boxHeightOverride) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\IClickableMenu.cs:line 1269 at StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu.drawToolTip(SpriteBatch b, String hoverText, String hoverTitle, Item hoveredItem, Boolean heldItem, Int32 healAmountToDisplay, Int32 currencySymbol, String extraItemToShowIndex, Int32 extraItemToShowAmount, CraftingRecipe craftingIngredients, Int32 moneyAmountToShowAtBottom) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\IClickableMenu.cs:line 951 at StardewValley.Menus.Toolbar.draw(SpriteBatch b) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\Toolbar.cs:line 235 at StardewValley.Game1.drawHUD() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 16385 at StardewValley.Game1._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 15257 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 227

It's just so weird? idk

JunniMO

Newcomer
So, I'm here to report My Second Bug encounter during the 1.6 update trilogy.
You see I'm playing on a co-op farm (On the New Meadowlands Farm type) with only 1 other person, we're playing without Mods and only use Item ID spawns here and there.
1714961014787.png

In short, we've both been a bit lazy to get a Shed made so instead we've been using my friend's cabin in the meantime; We only had a couple chests and some furnaces set up, but my Friend just upgraded it to its second upgrade available and it ended up deleting three of our chests. No items were dropped, they just completely disappeared from existence.

I could see it being a glitch because it's probably where the double bed would go but we took the bed out of the cabin all together long before hand, I wouldn't think it'd cause 3 whole big chests to disappear- probably just move them if anything or cause them to drop their items like how NPCS would cause a chest to break and drop its items.

pneuma163

Greenhorn
I'm having an issue with my slime hutch that would be nice to have addressed.
  • explain the issue: Slimes in the slime hutch spawn each day on the tile below where they hatched from regardless of whether there is an object placed there (rather than randomly in the building like coop or barn animals). I originally placed a few slime incubators in a vertical line on the west wall and after the slimes hatched I had to break each incubator (and thus injure the slimes) in order for them to be able to move about the hutch.
  • what OS you are using: Linux Mint
  • in-game language: English
  • single-player or multiplayer: single player
  • anything else you think might be relevant: Tangentially related, slime incubators stop pulsing after a certain amount of time but only seem to hatch the slime in the morning the following day (when the player gets a notification). Of course this could be a side effect of my hutch issue in which the slimes were actually present but were hidden by the incubators that were on the tile below them (the last incubator in the line had another object placed below it which might have obstructed sight of a slime).

Ashbug22

Greenhorn
Cockle won’t register on my fish collection page no matter how many times I harvest it or sell it. I’m not using any mods, I am playing single player in English. I need it to register so I can reach perfection. Playing on steam deck so not sure how to upload save. My game is up to date as of 5/5/24. Thank you!

lizbetkr

Newcomer
Hello! My boyfriend (our farm's host) found all of the secret notes, and I still have to get a few more. Ever since he got the last secret note he needed, I haven't been able to find anymore. We tested this with a giant crop as it has a 100% chance of giving me a secret note, but I did not get any secret note.

We both play on Windows 11 English multiplayer unmodded

there are times in my multiplayer game where my seeds will not grow, even if i've DOUBLE watered them that day. i double watered these plants, and they even had speed grow fertilizer on them, and the seeds still did not sprout.

i am playing un modded in english on a windows 10 pc.
1714977573331.png

Mandys_World

Greenhorn
Can't change wallpaper

I just bought the complete wallpaper/floor catalogue and started putting up new wallpaper, bedroom works fine but in the living/kitchen it resets to default every time I leave my house or go to bed. I have tried changing it so many times and restarting my game and computer but it just resets every single time it is so frustrating:( The flooring also works fine.

Windows, English, Single player, this is a save file I have had for two years btw.

vCortnii

Newcomer
Issue in 1.6 with the new frog egg trinket. On an infested level in the regular mines, my frog ate a few slimes. This made it impossible to progress, I guess because the game didn't consider them dead. No ladder appeared, I waited a few minutes to see if there were any late bat spawns, as I've had that happen before. But no, everything was dead, and I was unable to advance in the mines.

Hambone

Newcomer
When swinging the axe/hoe/pickaxe at one of the unbreakable logs in the town (e.g. near the southern entrance to the mountains) the tool will disappear at the end of the swing.
1715016917963.png

Vegan Toest

Greenhorn
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens); Crashing when I level up and go to sleep. it crashes before it saves the game and I have to start the entire game over.
  • full error text (if any);
  • Message: There is not enough space on the disk. : 'C:\Users\modre\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Velaris_374378465\Velaris_374378465_STARDEWVALLEYSAVETMP'
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.Save()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 398
    at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SaveGameMenu.cs:line 119
    at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3405
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
    at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.8 build 24119
    SDK Helper: SteamHelper
    Game Language: en
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
    In-game Date: Summer 7 Y1 Time of Day: 600
    Game Location: FarmHouse

• what OS you are using; Windows 11
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Single player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file!

Attachments

Danixe

Newcomer
Monsters spawning on farm giving combat XP. According to the wiki, they shouldn't. However, as you can see in the save file and image attached below, I have gained 3 combat xp on day 1 of spring, year 1. This came from a green slime and two bats spawning on the farm at night. On another save I tested, I also gained xp from the wilderness golems; although that save was modded, which made me try it on a vanilla save as well where I got the same result. To clarify: the image and save file attached were from the VANILLA save.

1715036507350.png

Attachments

SaphirGrey

Newcomer
  • My game crashes first thing in the morning. It saves the night before, the day flips over and while it says "Saving..." it crashes. Similar to previous issue however this time it IS saving. If I remove the "_STARDEWVALLEYSAVETMP" ending from my save file and relaunch the game it launches the new day. So I am not endlessly having to play the same day, BUT it is really annoy to have to edit the save files and relaunch every time.
  • No Error message
  • OS Info: Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎3/‎24/‎2023
    OS build 19045.4291
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0
  • English
  • single-player
  • Again: it is saving the day I finished, it is just crashing before the next day launches.

Attachments