Hi! Unmodded playing 1.6 on Windows 10, new save, English. I accidentally deleted my Advanced Iridium Rod and there is no way to get it back. I know I deleted it because I vaguely remember the in game day it happened, but I didn't mean to do it. I have checked every single storage option as well. It's not for sale at Willy's shop, it's not in the lost and found at Mayor Lewis's, nothing in the Mastery cave gives it back... It happened a couple of weeks ago and I tried reverting back to the _old save but too much time had already passed. I have no error logs (%appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs) but I did attach my save file (%appdata%/stardewvalley/saves). Hoping I will be able to get my pole back, and if not then at least hoping to help others not be able to make the same mistake. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Verac

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    • I entered Caroline's garden room while having just swung my obsidian sword. upon entering, I was frozen in place. Time continued and I could open the menu but not move. I figured out that I had to move my obsidian sword to a different inventory row to effectively unequip it. Then I was able to to move again.
  • what OS you are using;
    • Windows 10
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • Single Player

KiraDVH

Greenhorn
Environment: CrossOver 23.6.3 ( Container: Windows 10 64bit, Steam( lang: Simplified Chinese ), D3DMetal ON )

I opened and ran stardrew-valley right after steam installed it, but no window popped up for the game to run, just steam showing that the game is running.
I didn't find the output in the Errorlogs folder.

------ Updated ------
When I click on game properties > test version in steam and switch the version to legacy_1.5.6 - The legacy 1.5.6 version of Stardrew Valley, the game works fine.

Last edited:

Liimustelieth

Greenhorn
Hey guys !

When I use a rod my character get stuck on the casting animation (with the gauge looping infinitely)

I tried on my actual save, on a new save, with mods, without mods, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game two times, nothing change, I just can't fish anymore

An idea of what can I do to solve this?

rocketguy531

Newcomer
Problem with workbench working with big chests, saying a chest is in use but I'm in singleplayer. A glitch happens where when I click the workbench the nearby chest will have the chest opening animation and sound play, but the crafting interface will open and then close, then I'm locked out of using the workbench.
English
Single-player

Attachments

6matguy6

Greenhorn
When putting items in for racoon bundle, it accepted a smoked spook fish even though the request is for a smoked bream.

Spring
Friday 5
Clear day
9:20am
Cockle request was previously fulfilled

namic

Newcomer
When zooming in in split-screen mode, the text area is enlarged to such an extent that it is no longer readable. However, at 100% zoom the text is so small that it is difficult to read.
I would be very happy about a fix

pumpkindawn

Newcomer
Upon entering Leah apple picking cutscene, the screen looks weird at the top and stayed that way throughout the cutscene. Went back to normal as the cutscene ended during the visual pan to the bottom left. Screenshot attached

Attachments

adillpickle

Newcomer
My watering can has decided that it does not exist anymore. I looked in all of my chests, the lost and found, I do not have a fridge so it cannot be there. I even went into the files to load the previous day to see if it would fix it. It did not. I am at a loss because I still heavily rely on the can.

I do not believe I did anything weird or abnormal to cause this. I have over 100 hours in the game so I know what is abnormal. I use windows OS, my language is english, and it is a single player file.

I attached the two save files that are related. The file named "Lumbar_370649100_fixpls" was the initial save where the issue occurred (did research online on how to load the previous day to try and just erase the mistake, didnt work). The other one was the previous old file, which I changed.

Kelestra

Newcomer
I have been playing a run thru for 148 hours and after sleeping, woke up with no hat. Opened the clothing screen and realized ALL my clothing (including boots) were gone. Oddly, both rings were still there. ???
Had this game for years, LOVE IT and NEVER had any issues of any kind before. Love 1.6! So much great new content!
But I'm now naked and ashamed! Help please. :-(
I play on PC thru Steam. no mods (never saw the need)

Jacksendary

Newcomer
Hey new member but long time player;

I've ran into an odd issue with remixed bundles with "guaranteed year one completion" enabled, where I need a carrot to complete the pantry bundles, BUT to be able to unlock carrot seeds, if I'm correct, I need the "Strong wind storm" random event which will only happen if I have a greenhouse. So this now mean that I MUST buy it from joja mart which I'd rather not do as I do not really like the "joja story line", but it seems to be my only option as I'm unable to complete the bundle without the carrots and greenhouse.

I'm "only" about 3 hours into my current playthrough and I'm contemplating restarting without remixed bundles now or install some cheat mods.

beanbean57

Newcomer
Hi! I've been having a bug when viewing Leo's 9 heart event - after the 2nd mini scene (the campfire with Linus), a black screen comes up that can't be moved past. I can open the inventory screen but there's no option to move the player or skip the rest of the scene. I'm on Mac, English, and single player. It's not showing any error messages or evidence of an error in the save files.

DorkyBoyo

Newcomer
Single Player (usually co-op, but i closed it to pause time)
no mods

the 4th lvl of junimo kart, the ghost light thing killed my friend and they didnt touch it

Window 10, english, unmodded, 1.6 update. Visual bug on save screen. Purple sky is darker towards the bottom with a solid line instead of gradient. Doesn't go away. It's just always like that with the purple sky. On green rain save screens I think it's normal

Attachments

Hey new member but long time player;

I've ran into an odd issue with remixed bundles with "guaranteed year one completion" enabled, where I need a carrot to complete the pantry bundles, BUT to be able to unlock carrot seeds, if I'm correct, I need the "Strong wind storm" random event which will only happen if I have a greenhouse. So this now mean that I MUST buy it from joja mart which I'd rather not do as I do not really like the "joja story line", but it seems to be my only option as I'm unable to complete the bundle without the carrots and greenhouse.

I'm "only" about 3 hours into my current playthrough and I'm contemplating restarting without remixed bundles now or install some cheat mods.
You can get carrot seeds before unlocking that event or the greenhouse by digging up the new seed spots. They look like artifact spots but a little different. See https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Seed_Spot. I got carrot seeds spring of my first year this way. You can also get them from mystery boxes as well.

Jacksendary

Newcomer
You can get carrot seeds before unlocking that event or the greenhouse by digging up the new seed spots. They look like artifact spots but a little different. See https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Seed_Spot. I got carrot seeds spring of my first year this way. You can also get them from mystery boxes as well.
Thank you very much for this info, I did not know that! I'll try to find those! but I will add that due to the "random" nature of those seeds I would consider it as not 100% guaranteed as year 1 completion :)

xjsidconf

Newcomer
explain the issue: I cannot really pinpoint it, but some of my skeleton enemies in the desert haven't been dying once the explosion hit. I think this happens when I simultaneously also am hitting a ghost (and when it dies it explodes because of the napalm ring), but if I am hitting the skeleton at the same time ("missed" appears) the skeleton does not die though the explosion has happenend.

what OS you are using: Linux Mint 22
in-game language: English
single-player or multiplayer: Single Player

aelinus

Newcomer
Hi! I noted a bug with the mini shipping bin. I had put magma caps (previously unregistered in my collection) into the bin on Fall 7, but checked on Fall 8 and they were not registered. On fall 8, I submitted a separate previously unregistered item (battery pack) to see if this would correct the issue, and now the magma caps appear as registered in my collection. Just wanted to bring it to someone's attention! I'm running on MacOS and was in single-player the entire duration of this but (although there are multiplayer saves on the file).