Ari Rockefeller

Greenhorn
I don't know where else to ask this, but here goes:

I started up a new save file yesterday. When I tried to play the game today, the Steam client just hangs on the "Running" status and doesn't actually open the game--not in the background, nowhere.

I've tried following all the preposted troubleshooting methods, but they didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game also didn't work. So now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

LeslieSW7

Newcomer
While in Year One, during the winter fleet event, I purchased a fish smoker from Willy. I noticed it kind of poofed the way a book does when you read it, and was in a hurry and didn't check to verify that the smoker was in my inventory. It did deduct the money for it. The next day, I realized I did not have the smoker. I went through all my trunks, back to Willy's to see if it was on the floor or anything, and attempted to purchase a new one and that was not an option. After the 3-day event was over, I double checked all trunks and went back to Willy but it is no longer available to purchase. I am using Windows 10, single player.

LeslieSW7

Newcomer
I am on the new farm and approximately the end of spring or 1st of summer, year one, I purchased new wallpaper for my one room cabin. A couple of weeks later I purchased a different wallpaper. A week or two after that, when I woke up my wallpaper had reverted back to the original that the game started with. Single player, Windows 10 .

LeslieSW7

Newcomer
This is not a bug necessarily, but it is bugging me! When will the brown cow and calf ever be added to the animal perfection parade?

LeslieSW7

Newcomer
I am on the new farm and approximately the end of spring or 1st of summer, year one, I purchased new wallpaper for my one room cabin. A couple of weeks later I purchased a different wallpaper. A week or two after that, when I woke up my wallpaper had reverted back to the original that the game started with. Single player, Windows 10 .
I am on Windows 11 Home, not 10

LeslieSW7

Newcomer
While in Year One, during the winter fleet event, I purchased a fish smoker from Willy. I noticed it kind of poofed the way a book does when you read it, and was in a hurry and didn't check to verify that the smoker was in my inventory. It did deduct the money for it. The next day, I realized I did not have the smoker. I went through all my trunks, back to Willy's to see if it was on the floor or anything, and attempted to purchase a new one and that was not an option. After the 3-day event was over, I double checked all trunks and went back to Willy but it is no longer available to purchase. I am using Windows 10, single player.
I am on Windows 11 Home, not 10. I was playing offline, but did close the game out after I realized there was an issue and went online to reopen and play that way in case of a patch fix. This is my second run through the new update, and I did not have any issues with the smoker before, but did not purchase it during the winter event.

danilouco

Greenhorn
Can't give Pierre's Missing Stocklist to pierre.
I think that the last patch that fixed the list being "trashable" broke something and now i can't give it to him.
(windows 10 / portuguese / singleplayer)

20240427143216_1.jpg

Attachments

azzuko

Newcomer
Hi everyone.
My Cursed Mannequin bugged really hard in my house's walls. It swapped clothes with me overnight, while it was surrounded by furniture. (I tried to make it stop moving surrounding it with furniture). So, now it has my clothes, including my iridium Pan and I can't finish Ginger Island fossils. I'm almost able to reach it. The mouse pointer even changes to an interactable form but clicking on it doesn't swap back my clothes.

PC, Windows 10.Language: English. Single Player.

Thats it. Thank you guys. I love this game.

Attachments

soupcat

Greenhorn
i somehow got the dwarvish translation guide even tho i havent gotten all the scrolls,i can even talk to the dwarf
Stardew Valley 4_27_2024 10_11_52 PM.png
Stardew Valley 4_27_2024 10_12_30 PM.png
Stardew Valley 4_27_2024 10_11_45 PM.png

galafuz

Newcomer
Got the same problem here but with portuguese language, game crashes seconds after I click on new game or load game. Haven't tried every single language, but can confirm that crash also happens with spanish language. Game starts fine in english. Report below:

• Game crashes seconds after clicking in "new" game or "load" game buttons, when in portuguese or spanish. No crash with english. Game version from GOG, install file: stardew_valley_1_6_3_24087_6495347694_72214
  • Linux (Debian 12 'bookworm')
  • Portuguese or spanish
  • can't even get into a game, so both single and multiplayer affected
  • I'm copying below the full output of the crash when I run game in terminal
Regarding that error, I have updated game with install file stardew_valley_1_6_6_24117_6728858633_72932.sh from GOG. Still getting same error when I try to start new game in portuguese. I can now get a little bit further when trying to load a game in portuguese, I can see the savefiles, but when I choose one to load, game crashes, with a different output in terminal. Game works fine in english. Running on Linux (Debian 12 'bookworm'). I'm copying below the full output of the crash when I try to load a game:

Code:
Running Stardew Valley
./StardewValley: linha 7: sw_vers: comando não encontrado
Unhandled exception. System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location 'FarmHouse' not found.
   at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1524
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5607
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4106
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\2\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200
./StardewValley: linha 27:  6150 Abortado                ./"Stardew Valley" $@

AdyBen

Newcomer
If you happen to go to the spa/train area and trigger the Dark Talisman questline first cutscene while a train is passing, the train will turn invisible but you can see the smoke from the locomotive passing. So the train continues to pass even though you are in a cutscene. Also, the train audio will play until you exit the cutscene, even if the train fully passed.

-Windows 10
-Single-player

Cal_Fire

Newcomer
-Windows 11
-English
-Single-player

Playing through Leo's 6 heart event. When the parrot showed up instead of landing on the light on Willy's boat, it continued it's flying pattern and just sunk down off the bottom of the screen.

bwuniee

Greenhorn
hey! just got “pierre’s missing stocklist” from mr. qi and went home to give it to him… and he won’t take it. clicking on him with the item just causes him to say his normal daily dialogue… :sweat:
  • windows 11 pro OS
  • language: english
  • single-player
  • playing the current version, 1.6.6

OceanLightly

Farmhand
Willy does not sell a smoker, only the recipe for the smoker. You likely learned it and can craft it now!

OceanLightly

Farmhand
Hi folks. I've got some multiplayer issues with crab pots that I've now seen across 2 different files, so it's time to report.

As a non-host, when someone else has taken the fish/trash from the crab pot and loaded it with bait, it shows me a crab pot with black inside (aka ready to harvest), and still allows me to try to place bait in the pots. I get the interaction where I attempt to harvest from them, but pull up nothing, and then still only get one normal result the next morning (from the other person's bait). This does not look like the usual light red empty crab pot, or dark red bait-inside crab pot; instead, its black on the inside, ready to harvest. It's not just sprites--I was able to do the pull/harvest animation for these "black" already harvested and baited crab pots, and the pictures below show what the game decided to use as a sprite for what I was harvesting. (I did not get any extra milk or stone or pots from this; these were what I had last scrolled over in my inventory when I took the images, and it's why there are a bunch of images to show the sequence.) In addition, when I fill a crab pot with bait, then enter a building (house, greenhouse, etc) and then come back out, crab pots look filled with black/ready to harvest and seem to have no bait in them visually. I did not test to see if buildings would allow me to attempt a second false harvest. I had this bug occur on pots placed on the 4-corners farm on a 2-player file, and on crab pots placed in the ocean on an 8-player file.

Playing on: PC, Windows 10, via Steam (unmodded) 1.6.5
Language: English
Number of folks on the file: Multiplayer, 2 player and 8 player

I've numbered the images 01-09 so you can see the progression. 01-06 and 07-09 are on different days, same 2-player file. (I can attach the full files if needed. Images are from 4 corners/2 player farm.)
Crab Pots_01FakeMilk.jpgCrab Pots_02Grabbing.jpgCrab Pots_03PickedUp.jpgCrab Pots_04Placed.jpgCrab Pots_05PlacedPotIsReset.jpgCrab Pots_06FakePot.jpgCrab Pots_07BlackInsidePot.jpgCrab Pots_08FakeStone.jpgCrab Pots_09NoExtraStone.jpg

Last edited:

snackson

Greenhorn
Crashing in multiplayer at 12:00pm each time ever since the 1.6.7 update. Included 2 crashlogs showing the crash at the same time
Here's the text from the stackTrace:

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

InnerException:

Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 831

at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 3410

at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4504

at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4541

at StardewValley.Locations.IslandLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\IslandLocation.cs:line 279

at StardewValley.Game1._UpdateLocation(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5877

at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass711_0.<UpdateLocations>b__0(GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5834

at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357

at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5832

at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4067

at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185

at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481

at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.7 build 24119

SDK Helper: SteamHelper

Game Language: en

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/PCIe/SSE2

Multiplayer (Host)

In-game Date: Summer 22 Y3 Time of Day: 1200

Game Location: Blacksmith
Screenshot 2024-04-27 215709.png
Screenshot 2024-04-27 215724.png

jam

Newcomer
When it ticks over to noon, the game crashes. This happens consistently, and we have not found a way to get it to not crash. A recording of the crash is available if helpful
Platform: Windows x86_64
Lang: En
Multiplayer

Error Log:

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 869
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 3410
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4504
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4541
   at StardewValley.Locations.IslandLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\IslandLocation.cs:line 279
   at StardewValley.Game1._UpdateLocation(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5877
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass711_0.<UpdateLocations>b__0(GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5834
   at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5832
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4067
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.7 build 24119
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Summer 26 Y2 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: VolcanoDungeon2