Dewpferdle

Farmhand
The dialog in Pennys Eight Hearts event is bugged. (german language setting)

Screenshot 2024-04-12 000336.png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 000347.png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 000400.png

etc.

Which platform are you playing on (e.g. Linux, macOS, Windows, PS4, etc)?
Windows, Steam

Which game version do you have? (Click the "?" button on the title screen and check the bottom-left corner.)
v1.6.3 build 24087

Tsamari

Greenhorn
Hello! I am playing Stardew on my windows pc, in english

I am trying to use Emily's dye pots to create an outfit for the flower dance, but as soon as I click on the pots, my game crashes and immediately closes. Afaik I'm completely updated and my pc definitely has good enough specs, I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(((

I have closed and opened the game, and retried 3 times but the crash keeps happening.

I have 3 crash logs in my app data and I'll copy one of them down here;

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\LooseSprites\dye_bench.xnb'.

File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\LooseSprites\dye_bench.xnb'

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276

Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 289

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 319

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255

at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 524

at StardewValley.Menus.DyeMenu..ctor() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DyeMenu.cs:line 108

at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction(String[] action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 9541

at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 8148

at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass894_0.<tryToCheckAt>b__0() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12550

at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12547

at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12282

at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass947_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 14238

at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 13819

at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4035

at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199

at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481

at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.3 build 24087

SDK Helper: SteamHelper

Game Language: en

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070/PCIe/SSE2

In-game Date: Spring 23 Y3 Time of Day: 920

Game Location: HaleyHouse

alleris

Newcomer
I have an issue with cabins I buy at Robin's. Cabins that I got at the beginning of a multiplayer game work properly - only those bought later in the game.
- as I buy the cabin, I get a notification '(!) New Journal Entry" but there's nothing new in my journal
- these cabins don't have a package
- I can't redecorate the cabins except the lantern on the table, I can't move anything in there, so that's the main issue
- any action I do will (eating, plowing etc) leaves a shadowy bug as in the picture attached

Info:
- I play on MacOS (10.15.7)
- it happens both in single player and multiplayer
- new files, and old files (just newly bought cabins, old ones work as before)
- I deleted all mods except newest updated SMAPI and it didn't solve the issue (if I uninstall Smapi, Steam won't let me open the game at all -.- an error happens).

Attachments

I am having an issue using controllers on PC. When a catalog, dresser, or any menu with multiple tabs on the side is open, I am unable to reach the side tabs to filter. I have to scroll through hundreds of items to get to the bottom of the list with the right stick in order to reach flooring in the furniture catalog, for instance. This aspect was working fine before the 1.6 update.

Thank you.

basil836

Newcomer
played on Windows 10. I've had a frame bug for several cutscenes, most of them repeat offenders. from what I can tell it's always centered in whatever building I'm in. also noticed once when I went to get money from a quest I finished, that the amount was not centered in the box. I noticed too late and haven't had this happen again so no screenshots

Attachments

iamkidTV

Greenhorn
Hi,
My girlfriend is playing Stardew via her Macbook Pro through Steam Compatibility mode (Early 2015 Model). She has 450 hours into her playthrough. She's quite an experienced player, and obviously has gotten pretty far in the game, but unfortunately after updating to 1.6 has lost the ability to interact with casks at all in her basement. She had a bunch of Starfruit wine aging in her cellar, took them out, and then went to refill with more Starfruit Wine and is simply unable to load them at all. The same goes for her Deconstructer. Wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue, or if this a one off?

lawlielawlaw

Newcomer
hello! I've had an old save of singleplayer Stardew I thought I could play the update in, been playing normally until new summer rolls in and the Luau comes. I put a gold quality Starfruit in the potluck, and shortly after attempting to go to bed and sleep, my game crashes. There has also been another issue of my animals being duplicated in the animals tab after upgrading Coop and Barn to Deluxe versions, but since it did not affect gameplay, I continued to play as normal. The luau issue keeps happening regardless of what I do throughout the day.

I've attached my savefile to help!

Been playing pc version, Steam, singleplayer, english, no mods

Attachments

Last edited:

aJrenalin

Newcomer
On local 2 player split screen multiplayer junimo cart is smaller than it should be. The game screen takes up only half of the space on 1 players half of the screen.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I am having an issue with the Meadow Farm, basically the textures of farm builds do not show up - I just get a semi-transparent block, with the sell chest overlay and a red circle cross symbol over it. And despite these texture/tile errors, the structures still function as intended (I can access the chicken coop and I still can get feed from the silo/obtain feed from weeds). This is also the case for the actual Sell Box, it has that same red circle cross symbol but it still functions normally.

(Version: PC/STEAM, Single Player, Meadow Farm)

Syndra

Greenhorn
Hi,
My girlfriend is playing Stardew via her Macbook Pro through Steam Compatibility mode (Early 2015 Model). She has 450 hours into her playthrough. She's quite an experienced player, and obviously has gotten pretty far in the game, but unfortunately after updating to 1.6 has lost the ability to interact with casks at all in her basement. She had a bunch of Starfruit wine aging in her cellar, took them out, and then went to refill with more Starfruit Wine and is simply unable to load them at all. The same goes for her Deconstructer. Wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue, or if this a one off?
Same here, playing on Mac via Steam, no mod, and cannot use the seed maker at all. That applies to all my playthroughs, including the ones created before the update. Verified the files and no issue there.

NagitoastX

Newcomer
Achievements are bugging out and aren't giving me any achievements that I had previously unlocked on the save with the new update such as with galaxy sword or ginger island
I'm playing on steam on windows 10, English and in single player with zero mods

1712941416519.png

Attachments

ZupBear

Newcomer
Having trouble with the wardrobe/dresser. I haven't played in a long time and recently picked the game back up for 1.6, so I actually didn't realize this was a possible error until I asked about it on Reddit. The wardrobe can sort based on shirt, shorts/pants/skirts, hats, and shoes, but I have to click it on the screen. (I am using Steam Deck.) What I actually noticed though was that the items in the dresser aren't sorting. They're in the order I put them in the dresser. For example, I made a bunch of clothes in between two different turtlenecks and they're far apart on the list instead of together. I do have some mods but made sure to remove them to test if this was still happening without them.

Actually thought it was intended this way until I asked on Reddit if there was a way to organize the clothes. Was thinking of something close to the organize buttons in chests. Someone informed me their 1.5 game already does this so it may be an error.

Saah

Cowpoke
I have the same cabin bug that has been reported here! Tested in the Wilderness, Beach and Forest farms. This only happens the day that specific cabin is purchased. I start the game in single player, go to Robin and purchase a cabin of any of the available types. I get a "Journal Updated" notification, but there's nothing new in it. When I enter the cabin, I'm unable to move any furniture except decorations that were on top of a table or similar. I can place the decoration back on the table and pick it up again, but as soon as I place it on the ground it gets stuck like the other furniture. To be more specific, clicking on furniture does nothing unless it's the bed, in which case I get a notification telling me I can't move other players' beds. Using any tools leaves their effects on the air. Getting in bed does nothing. Placing chests makes them vibrate (and they get a flower pot texture on top?) and unable to open, although they make an opening sound. Hitting the chest with a pickaxe does nothing other than the right sound. Cabins don't have seed packets unless a player joins and chooses it (might be the intended behavior). The player in local co-op wasn't able to move things, either. Going to sleep (in my own bed) and starting a new day fixes everything about the cabin, but every item placed (like the chest) or moved (small decorations) during the bugged day is forever lost. This happens again for every cabin I build, and only applies to the built cabin.

Windows 11 Pro, English game language, unknown OS language (everything is in English but some programs think it's in Portuguese?), happens to both old and new save files, I'm attaching a new one with a cabin built the day before, with a lost decoration that had been placed on the ground and disappeared the next day when the cabin fixed itself. It happens in lightly modded saves, saves with only SMAPI and its ConsoleCommands installed, and unmodded (StardewValley.exe) saves. SMAPI didn't show any errors.

1712960560156.png

1712960952260.png

Attachments

bugaroni

Newcomer
Since I started my new save for 1.6, I’ve had a couple different problems. English, unmodded, single player, Steam deck 3.5.17. All of this is consistent over days of playing, exiting the game, restarting my deck, etc.
-
there are some books that aren’t showing in the wallet despite reading them. They haven’t shown up despite taking my money and reading them more than once. Fishing and mining are the two I currently remember.
-
Pet bowl lighting keeps glitching. I have two set in front of the greenhouse, and the shadows keep flickering.
-
Also, I’m not sure if this is just a general steam deck issue, but I can’t access the tabs for hats, shirts, etc when using the dresser. No button or action can get me to the side menus, so I just have to scroll through all my clothing.

pneuma163

Greenhorn
  • explain the issue: Minor graphical issue in the shadow a few tiles down and to the right of my player in the Mines. The shadow line has right angles and it ends abruptly suggesting a missing or wrong tile.
  • what OS you are using: Linux
  • in-game language: English
  • single-player or multiplayer: Multiplayer via Steam (I'm a farmhand, not the host)
  • anything else you think might be relevant: Here's a screenshot to see it:
  • Screenshot from 2024-04-12 16-39-43.png

pinkchocoholic

Newcomer
Meadowlands Farm on Windows 11 via Steam. No mods. Single player so far, but I have added a couple cabins for when others can join me.

Fall 1 on year 2. Four of my beehouses had honey available that morning. I wanted to try out my fancy new iridium scythe to see if it harvests honey, but I pickaxed a beehouse instead. I put the beehouse back and collected the rest of the honey. Upon looking in my inventory shortly after that, I found that I had 3 wild honey, and 1 summer spangle honey. Obviously there were no spangle flowers left as it had changed to fall. Also I had picked the flowers on the last day of summer, so they hadn't died in place either.

AzaleaUwus

Newcomer
I don't know if it's a glitch but I've had the same bulletin board quests for at least a season in game. It's the aquatic overpopulation and Gus's famous omelet. I have done both of them so many times at this point.

Attachments