Please Read Dedicated typo and translation error thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAFrenchie

Newcomer
Platform - PC
Language - English
Version - 1.5.4

Happened twice where NPCs said they bought a "cranberrries" that I had sold at Pierre's.

stardew-typo1.pngstardew-typo2.png

Nathanboyz

Greenhorn
- Platform: PC - Steam - Linux
- Language: French
- Version: 1.5.4

Bug #1

Issue:
Sandy's dialogue after completing an announcement has some typos. This might not the only time this typo has happened; nearly every item given to NPC after completing a quest is missing a "." and a"Thin Space" after their dialogue.

1625265913235.png

Thank you to MysticTempest to forward my last post to this thread <3

Nathanboyz

Greenhorn

Bug #1

Issue:
After giving a Loved gifted to Linus in the Winter Festival, you will get an empty box of text with no dialogue.

1625290099505.png

Planter
- Platform: PC
- Version: 1.5.4 (I think)

SPELLING

The item "Cave Carrot" has been translated by "Carrotte des cavernes" It should be "Carotte des cavernes" with only one R.

This one I'm not 100% sure, since I clicked to validate an action right as the text appeared and I can't reverify it anymore. Maybe someone can confirm this one for me. Spoilers about 1.5 In the Volcano dungeon, the parrot that allows you to buy a bridge crossing the lava for 5 walnuts says "Coco ... construire un pond" It should be "Construire un pont" with a T at the end.

Spoilers about 1.5 again. In Qi's walnut room, there's a line that says "A trouvé touts les fruits étoilés". It should be "A trouvé tous les fruits étoilés", by removing the second T in the word "touts"

MISSING TRANSLATIONS

The fish "Blobfish" has not been translated. It should be renamed "Poisson-blob".

The fish "Slime Jack" has not been translated. There's no real translation for this one since it's fictional, but "Poisson-slime" should do the trick.

SYNTAX ERRORS

When using the farm computer, the line that presumably says "Farm cave ready" has been translated as "Ferme cave prêt", which is completely wrong. It should be "Caverne prête" or "Caverne de ferme prête" instead. The former is better phrased, but the latter leaves less room for misunderstandings.

Spoilers about 1.5, you know the drill. The "Qi Gems" have been translated to "Qi gemmes". It should be "Gemmes Qi" instead.

The following dialogue from Sebastian (spoilered for space) is missing a word. It should be "Si tu veux devenir amie avec ma demi-sœur..."
typo.png

UNCLEAR TRANSLATIONS

The enemy named "Squid kid" has been translated to "Jeune calmar". Phrased like this, it basically means "juvenile squid", as the fish, and a lot of people probably wont have any idea what's it's supposed to reference. Also, I don't remember the Squid kid been mentioned anywhere in the game except on those help wanted posters, and the monster itself is pretty elusive, it's easy to forget about them since they don't even look like squids at all. Also also, the dangerous mines have actual squids as enemies, so even more confusion is possible. I suggest retranslating the Squid kids to "Tête flottante" (floating head) to avoid any possible confusion.

The enemy named "Pepper Rex" has been translated to "Poivron Rex", which doesn't make any sense. This phrasing implies that we're fighting literal peppers, as the vegetable. Again, Peppers Rexes are not encountered that often in the game, so it's easy to forget about them and/or misunderstand. I suggest simply retranslating it to "Dinosaure" (dinosaur), or, if if preferable to keep the reference to pepper, "Poivrosaure" or "Poivronsaure" (peppersaurus). They don't quite have the same meaning though, as the first one refers to the spice, and the second one refers to the aforementioned vegetable.

I've also noticed quite a few semantic mistakes and awkward phrasing, but I'm not sure how important it is to report those since it would require lots of rewriting and proof-reading.

Last edited:

Wuselding

Cowpoke
Platform: PC
Language: German
Version: 1.5.4

Some more typos / errors:

Firstly, there is missing an "t" at the end of the word of "Gleichgewicht", it sounds a bit weird nevertheless and maybe "Ökologisches Gleichgewicht" would be better here. Also, it should be "Bevölkerung von Meeresfischen" instead of "Meeresfische.
Screenshot_642.jpg

Here is just one word missing: "Er ist von Käferschleim umhüllt..."

Screenshot_640.jpg

When you buy a pig and should choose a home for it, this appears. The correct one would be: "Wähle einen Stall für das neue Schwein". Same goes for the rabbit. Instead of "die neue Hase" it should be "den neuen Hasen"
Screenshot_634.jpg

Screenshot_586.jpg

The last sentence of the first part sounds incomplete. Maybe it could be written like this: "[...] atmenden Körper aus der Vergangenheit gehörte, ist das schon faszinierend." The single word could be left out then.

In the second part: "Bitte nehmen Sie..." as in the game, there is always du, it should be "Bitte nimm dieses.... als Dankeschöngeschenk an."
Screenshot_633.jpg

There is a sequence when you leave your farm to the north and take this smal route direct into the mountains. In this sequence, Abigail kills a monster to protect the player and is sad about it. You can choose between answers, the last one should be "Kleine" instead of "Kleiner" (as Abigail is a girl, but even then it sounds a bit confusing to call Abigail like this. It is a bit like the player is a "cool cowboy".

Screenshot_629.jpg

This part is when Gus visits the farm. So that he is kinda friendly guy and to the usual way he speaks, "sorry" does not fit so well, better would be "Entschuldige". Also "Er" is a sound which is not used in written German, I guess. We usually use "Ähm..."

Screenshot_613.jpg

Screenshot_614.jpg

If you are at "Robin's", and you want to change the color of a building, it is not translated. There should be the name of the building you want to paint, I guess:

Screenshot_591.jpg

When you have this quest from the Witcher, where you should bring "Ectoplasma (?), the description is a bit tricky as it is a mix out of English and German. "A dicker, schleimiger...." It should be "Ein dicker, schleimiger...."

Screenshot_571.jpg

Wuselding

Cowpoke
In winter time, when you have the Linus event in the mountains, where you could invite him to live on your farm or just let him be, he talks about ripe berries even it is wintertime.

Screenshot_563.jpg

Also in the same scene, Linus tells you that he was afraid, you would invite him to live with you. It ends with an "wink". "wink" could be "wave with the hand". Might be "zwinker". The translation of Linus seems a bit double meaningful. It sounds like the player wanted to move to the farm as well instead of having Linus moving there. "Ich dachte schon, du würdest mich dazu einladen, zu dir auf deinen Hof zu ziehen. *zwinker*"

Screenshot_562.jpg

Instead of "der Omni-Geode" it should be "die Omnigeode". Also the second "Geode" should be "Geoden" as well, I think. It is in one of the TV-Shows:

Screenshot_561.jpg

When you call somebody, the button for ending the call is "Aufleg", better would be "Auflegen".

Screenshot_548.jpg

After the tea-event with Caroline, you get a letter from her. There is a word missing. "Normalerweise trinke Tee allein..." should be "Normalerweise trinke ich Tee alleine...."

Also, there is written "beigefühgt". The h is not needed. Also the player is addressed as a male person "Lieber" even it is a female person "Liebe".

Screenshot_547.jpg

Linus tells you about, that someone put paint onto his house. Usually he talks about his tent, so it might be that he talks that about "Zelt" and not "Haus".

Screenshot_536.jpg

I do not remember when this happens, but Willy talks the same sentence twice, only with the difference in the title.

Screenshot_535.jpg

When the event zum großen Brett wegen der Aufträge beginnt, Lewis says some mixed stuff.

First here could be instead of "hat sich die lokale Wirtschaft..." better be "wurde die lokale Wirtschaft..."

Screenshot_532.jpg

Secondly here:

instead of "Ortsansässigen" it would be nicer to use "Dorfbewohner". "Ortsansässige" is more like a different touch then "Dorfbewohner". You could even say "Nachbarschaft" maybe because it is a village.

Screenshot_533.jpg

Idea of how to write the sentence different: "So kamen Robin und ich auf die Idee für ein Brett, an dem so eine Art besonderer Bestellungen angebracht werden können, wo es für die Leute auch mehr Sinn macht, anstatt bei der alten...."

Screenshot_534.jpg

I am sorry for the spam or if I sound rude. I wanted to make simple sentences so I get better understanded.

YaCCBoy

Greenhorn
Platforrm: PC - Windows 10 - GOG
Language: French

When setting up the Special Orders sign in Fall, Mayor Lewis talks about how the player's farm helped the local economy. In the French translation, instead of saying what I assume is the farm's name, he says "% farm". I guess it's supposed to be "%farm" for the game to recognise it and replace it with the farm's name, but an extra space messed that up.
erreur traduction.png

margotbean

Sodbuster
Platform: Windows PC Desktop (Steam)
Language: English

Minor bug: I purchased "Tropical Fish #173" at the Night Market, and got 2 dialog boxes. The first one said (I don't know what, I clicked to dismiss it too fast -- something like "You purchased <name of painting>"), but then a 2nd one popped up saying simply "#173". May be an unescaped pound sign (hashtag) in the string, or double hashtags or something. Thanks!

yankeedoodle

Greenhorn
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Language: Hungarian
Version: 1.5.4.2

I found an issue with Journal Entry number 9. This is supposed to give a clue for the Ginger Island mermaid quest. In English the journal says "Aye… stones as big as pennies and stones as big as nickels were they…” but in Hungarian it just says "Aye… stones as big as different coins were they…" so the clue is lost in translation. Not sure what the best translation would be but would be helpful to update so that the clue is there. Maybe something like "Aye... oly nagy köveket, mint az egy forintos pénzérmék és az öt forintos pénzérmék, olyanok voltak"

journal9_hu.jpeg

- Language: Hungarian

Bug: Initially reported here by KomaedaHills, and experienced by others: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-shane-event-glitch.5740/

Issue: There's a typo in the Hungarian language file for Shane's 6 heart event. And, it ends up causing the event to loop.
Cause: The lowercase "shane" at the beginning of the event data; right after 'farmer 83 92 2', should actually be "Shane". As it's case-sensitive.

Broken Event code:
JSON:
"3910975/f Shane 1500/e 3910674/t 900 2000/w rainy": "echos/-2000 -2000/farmer 83 92 2 shane -3000 -3000 2 Harvey -3000 -3000 2/skippable/specificTemporarySprite shaneCliffs/viewport 83 99 clamp true/pause 1000/move farmer 0 5 2/pause 500/speak Shane \\\"...$7#$b#@...$7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 4/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"Én... Én sajnálom...*hukk*$7#$b#...$7#$b#Az... Az életem...$7#$b#Egy szánalmas vicc...$7#$b#Nézz csak rám...$7#$b#...$7#$b#Mégis miért próbálkozom? ...*sír*$7#$b#Túlságosan kicsi és hülye vagyok, hogy... hogy irányítsam az életemet...$7#$b#Csak egy darab sz... szemét vagyok, ami száll a széllel... *blöeee*$7#$b#.........$7#$b#Olyan sokszor eljöttem már ide... és néztem le... $7#$b#Itt az esély, hogy végre irányíthassam az életemet... Ezek a szirtek...$7#$b#...$7#$b#D... de... *blöeee*... de túlságosan félek, túlságosan ideges vagyok. Mint mindig... $7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 0/pause 2000/speak Shane \\\"@... Egész nap csak dolgozok, alszok és iszok ...ho... hogy tompítsam az öngyűlölet érzését.$7#$b#Mégis miért megyek tovább? Mondd meg... Mo... Mondd meg nekem, hogy miért ne guruljak le erről a szirtről most...$7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 0/pause 1000/question shaneCliffs \\\"#Mert olyan sok mindenért lehet élni!#Jasnak szüksége van rád. Apaként tekint rád.#Mert az bűn volna.#Ez a te döntésed. Csak tudd, hogy itt vagyok melletted.\\\"/pause 500/pause 500/pause 500/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"@...$7\\\"/pause 500/showFrame farmer 4/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"...Azt hiszem el kellene vinned engem a kórházba.$7\\\"/pause 500/showFrame farmer 0/jump farmer/pause 1500/globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000/playMusic none/changeLocation Hospital/warp farmer 16 7/playMusic Hospital_Ambient/warp Harvey 16 6/faceDirection farmer 0/specificTemporarySprite shaneHospital/viewport 16 6 true/pause 2000/speak Harvey \\\"...Kimostam a gyomrát és újrahidratáltam a testét. Rendbe fog jönni.#$b#Nagyon jó, hogy behoztad őt.\\\"/faceDirection Harvey 1/emote Harvey 28/speak Harvey \\\"A túl sok alkohol szörnyűségeket művel a testtel... de én most inkább a mentális egészségéért aggódok...$s#$b#Ha magához tér, el fogok vele beszélgetni a kezelési lehetőségekről. Van egy kiváló tanácsadóm Zuzu városban...\\\"/pause 500/faceDirection farmer 1/pause 1000/speak Harvey \\\"Az élet néha fájdalmas tud lenni...#$b#De mindig van remény a jobb jövőre. Ebben kell hinned.\\\"/pause 2000/end invisible Shane",

Fixed Event code:
JSON:
"3910975/f Shane 1500/e 3910674/t 900 2000/w rainy": "echos/-2000 -2000/farmer 83 92 2 Shane -3000 -3000 2 Harvey -3000 -3000 2/skippable/specificTemporarySprite shaneCliffs/viewport 83 99 clamp true/pause 1000/move farmer 0 5 2/pause 500/speak Shane \\\"...$7#$b#@...$7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 4/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"Én... Én sajnálom...*hukk*$7#$b#...$7#$b#Az... Az életem...$7#$b#Egy szánalmas vicc...$7#$b#Nézz csak rám...$7#$b#...$7#$b#Mégis miért próbálkozom? ...*sír*$7#$b#Túlságosan kicsi és hülye vagyok, hogy... hogy irányítsam az életemet...$7#$b#Csak egy darab sz... szemét vagyok, ami száll a széllel... *blöeee*$7#$b#.........$7#$b#Olyan sokszor eljöttem már ide... és néztem le... $7#$b#Itt az esély, hogy végre irányíthassam az életemet... Ezek a szirtek...$7#$b#...$7#$b#D... de... *blöeee*... de túlságosan félek, túlságosan ideges vagyok. Mint mindig... $7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 0/pause 2000/speak Shane \\\"@... Egész nap csak dolgozok, alszok és iszok ...ho... hogy tompítsam az öngyűlölet érzését.$7#$b#Mégis miért megyek tovább? Mondd meg... Mo... Mondd meg nekem, hogy miért ne guruljak le erről a szirtről most...$7\\\"/pause 1000/showFrame farmer 0/pause 1000/question shaneCliffs \\\"#Mert olyan sok mindenért lehet élni!#Jasnak szüksége van rád. Apaként tekint rád.#Mert az bűn volna.#Ez a te döntésed. Csak tudd, hogy itt vagyok melletted.\\\"/pause 500/pause 500/pause 500/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"@...$7\\\"/pause 500/showFrame farmer 4/pause 1000/speak Shane \\\"...Azt hiszem el kellene vinned engem a kórházba.$7\\\"/pause 500/showFrame farmer 0/jump farmer/pause 1500/globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000/playMusic none/changeLocation Hospital/warp farmer 16 7/playMusic Hospital_Ambient/warp Harvey 16 6/faceDirection farmer 0/specificTemporarySprite shaneHospital/viewport 16 6 true/pause 2000/speak Harvey \\\"...Kimostam a gyomrát és újrahidratáltam a testét. Rendbe fog jönni.#$b#Nagyon jó, hogy behoztad őt.\\\"/faceDirection Harvey 1/emote Harvey 28/speak Harvey \\\"A túl sok alkohol szörnyűségeket művel a testtel... de én most inkább a mentális egészségéért aggódok...$s#$b#Ha magához tér, el fogok vele beszélgetni a kezelési lehetőségekről. Van egy kiváló tanácsadóm Zuzu városban...\\\"/pause 500/faceDirection farmer 1/pause 1000/speak Harvey \\\"Az élet néha fájdalmas tud lenni...#$b#De mindig van remény a jobb jövőre. Ebben kell hinned.\\\"/pause 2000/end invisible Shane",

Sidenote: Also, there seems to be a lot of extra backslahes here, & in some of the other Hungarian events. A little odd, and will occasionally show up in-game.
I didn't modify it in the code above, but something to be aware of.

EDIT: Adding a slightly customized save for quick testing of the event.

Attachments

Last edited:

Leviathan

Greenhorn
Platform: PC (Steam)
Language: Turkish

At Sam's 4 hearts event in kitchen. 'birş eyler' should be 'bir şeyler'.
20210830231113_1.jpg

Quirinea

Farmer
Platform: PC (GOG)
Language (Multiple -- switching between English and mainly Finnish (a mod I'm making, technically replacing Hungarian)
Version: 1.5.4.

This is not a translation error but a language glitch. To avoid the mango and banana error (they grow only when planted in English) I switched to English for an in-game day. It happened to be Monday, and the counter texts are now in English, even when I switch back to Finnish.
Even more weird it looked the other way round: I had taken some tasks and then searched for the reason of that mango and banana problem (of course I was looking for an error in my mod before hitting the bug reports and started the game in several languages in turn (German, French, Spanish). The counters were in Finnish -- even when I removed the translation mod from the mod folder!

Attachments

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Platform - PC (GOG)
Language - Russian
Version - 1.5.4

Robin project description for "Deluxe Red Double Bed" (80 hardwood quest) says like "положите древесину в дровницу ВОЗЛЕ дома", but in fact I have to put hardwood to "дровницу В ПРИХОЖЕЙ дома" (that is, inside the house).
(sorry, I do not have a screenshot).

I do not know if it's a translation bug or original game has the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.