PC [BUG] Shane event glitch

KomaedaHills

Newcomer
Okay, so the event with shane, where he apparentaly is supposed to be concidering jumping off a cliff is triggered for me, but what the cutscene is bugged. It starts whenever i enter to the forest area, and my character starts walking towards shane, but when he gets there, i get a quick black screen, and it start again, creating a neverending loop. Is there any way to fix that, or am i just doomed to not stop him? Help me please, i appreciate it!
Here is a link to the video i took of it: https://youtu.be/09HCGCciYuk

Last edited by a moderator:

mouse

Farmer
Are you using or have you ever used any mods? If so, you should start with a SMAPI log. Either way I'd probably start with a reset :) (Mac/Linux mod users need to reinstall SMAPI after a reset.)

I already did that but the event keeps not happening, does anyone know why?
I just took a look. And, thanks to KomaedaHills' video I was able to narrow it down to the Hungarian language event file.
It looks like there's a typo in the event data. The game needs, "Shane", but is searching for "shane" which is an important distinction. And, that's the cause of the looping event.
I'll forward this to the typo/translation error thread so they can get it fixed.

milfsplz

Newcomer
Has anyone been able to get this solved? I just got to his 6 heart event today and had this problem :(

My game is originally in English :(
If it's breaking in English as well. Then you're most likely on v1.4.

If you're playing on Steam/GOG. Make sure you're on v1.5.4.
As I still have some of the unpacked data from the release of v1.4 on Steam.

And it looks like the Shane 6 heart event is broken for the same reason in v1.4 of the game. But, it's broken for all languages there.
Not sure which update fixed it. But as of v1.5.4 on Steam (& most likely GOG, but someone else would have to verify), all except for the Hungarian language; appear to be fixed.

milfsplz

Newcomer
If it's breaking in English as well. Then you're most likely on v1.4.

If you're playing on Steam/GOG. Make sure you're on v1.5.4.
As I still have some of the unpacked data from the release of v1.4 on Steam.

And it looks like the Shane 6 heart event is broken for the same reason in v1.4 of the game. But, it's broken for all languages there.
Not sure which update fixed it. But as of v1.5.4 on Steam (& most likely GOG, but someone else would have to verify), all except for the Hungarian language; appear to be fixed.
Thank you! My game is currently up to date, but someone on Steam told me to verify my game files so I tried that. The next time I'm able to do his event, I'll have to see if it works.

mecowmooo

Newcomer
Thank you! My game is currently up to date, but someone on Steam told me to verify my game files so I tried that. The next time I'm able to do his event, I'll have to see if it works.
Hi. Just wanted to know if you found a way to fix this?