Please Read Dedicated typo and translation error thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Platform - PC (GOG)
Language - Russian
Version - 1.5.4

Pirate's wife dialog. Not sure what was the original text, but "ходила по морю" means that she had a ship journey.
I think that she walked along the seashore, so translation should be "ходила у моря" or "ходила вдоль берега".

Attachments

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Platform - PC (GOG)
Language - Russian
Version - 1.5.4

Villager's opinion after visiting cinema. Villager name is not translated.
Noticed with Pam and Penny. Suspect that any villager has the same issue.

Attachments

springclouds

Greenhorn
Platform: PC/Steam
Languague: Portuguese
Version: 1.5.4

On Linus quest (the one you get on the mail on fall 8th, year 1), he will ask you to help him find his basket. However! On the english version, he says that its blackberry season, but on the portuguese version, he says that its "mirtilo" season... Mirtilo means blueberry (a summer crop), the right one should be amoras that means blackberries;

Again, when you find the basket, the name of the basket is "cesta de cerejas" which doesn't make sense because cerejas means cherries (which is a spring crop), so the right name should be "cesta de amoras" like the fall foraging crop.

springclouds

Greenhorn
Platform: PC (Steam)
Language: Portuguese
Version: 1.5.5 beta (Also happens on 1.5.4)

On the Flower Dance, Kent calls himself Clint instead of saying "Boas memórias, Kent. Boas memórias" ("Happy thoughts, Kent. Happy Thoughts.")

springclouds

Greenhorn
Platform: PC/Steam
Language: Portuguese
Version: 1.5.5 (also happens in previous versions)

On the letter Kent send to the player, he says that he wants to give a "fruta-estrela" to his wife. However, fruta-estrela is stardrop in portuguese and he meant starfruit which, in portuguese, we call carambola.

Mimmo

Newcomer
Platform: PC Linux Gog
Language: Italian
Version: 1.5.4

At Sandy's Shop: "Tappeto verde gande" should be "Tappeto verde grande"
stardewvalley_typo_italian.png

levy

Farmhand
Platform: Switch
Language: German
Version: 1.5.4.2

Errors spotted:
  1. in Leo's heart event where he looks out at the beach where he says "I don't belong" it's translated "Ich gehöre nicht dauz, ich gehöre nirgendwo dazu" -> the first "dauz" should also be a "dazu" (I sadly did not realize to take a screenshot of this moment so I do not have the full dialogue as a reference)
  2. in the Heart event where he looks at the Horizon from the Vulcano Vista it should say "Manchmal frage ich mich, wie anders mein Leben wäre, wenn ich nie auf diese Insel angespült worden wäre..." should be "dieser Insel" (also there's a space too much between "Manchmal frage" (although in Leo's case I'm willing to apply supsension of disbelief because parrot speek)
  3. in the Heart event where he gets introduced to Linus the phrase "O... other kids?" has not been translated. Suggested Translation: "A... andere Kinder?"
  4. After this, when you speak with Leo on the beach he says "Es ist schön, zurückkommen und dich besuchen zu können." It should be: "Es ist schön, zurück zu kommen und dich besuchen zu können."
  5. Caronline's Beach Dialogue has not been translated at all it's still its original English text. Suggested Translation: "Hi Tulip. Bist du hier um dich zu entspannen oder arbeitest du?"
  6. In Willy's Bait Challenge, the resulting dialoguebox includes both variants for male and female players (I'm playing as female). "Ich habe gerade an dich gedacht, Bursche. Ich habe gerade and ich gedacht Fräulein."
  7. During the Halloween Event Leo's added Text reads as follows: "Leos Augen kleben gerade zu, ohne zu blinzeln, am Bildschirm geklebt. Du bist nicht in der Lage seine Aufmerksamkeit zu gewinnen." -> The second 'geklebt' needs to go and grammatically speaking also ALL commas. Correction: "Leos Augen kleben gerade zu ohne zu blinzeln am Bildschirm fest. Du bist nicht in der Lage seine Aufmerksamkeit zu gewinnen."
  8. Furthermore, this is a general thing and not tied to one particular dialogue sadly: all the stuff that came with the new update is using the formal "Sie" when addressing the player, when formerly it was the informal "Du" everywhere. That feels a bit jarring.

Last edited:
The following issues are still not fixed.
- Platform: PC
- Language: Chinese (中文)
- Version: 1.5.5
1.After returning to the tent, Professor Snail’s name was not translated
2.Halloween notice,"tomorrow" is translated into "today"(今天),"tomorrow" should be translated into "明天"
3."Rarecrow" is translated into "rare crow"(珍奇乌鸦),"Rarecrow" should be translated into "稀有稻草人"
4."Old Master Cannoli" is translated into"Master Butter Roll"(老师傅奶油卷),"Old Master Cannoli" should be translated into "老坎诺利大师"
5.Sandy’s birthday, the conversation was not translated

Attachments

olexn

Farmhand
- Language: English
- Version: 1.5.5
In assets\Characters\Dialogue\Alex.json present this string '#e#'. Is this a mistake? Should be '#$e#'?

yesnaja

Newcomer
- Language: German
- Version 1.5.6

This one has been around for ages, but since I usually don't play in german I forgot about it.
The third line of the poem translates to "A rainbow, forged not on land, but the sea"
which is straight up the opposite of what it is supposed to mean.

1641482685418.png

Planter
- Language: French
- Version: 1.5.6

In the introduction cutscene, Lewis says the following, which I presume is a translation of "Everybody asked about you/after you":

stardewtraduction.png

This is wrong both semantically and syntaxically. Based on context, it's possible to entirely rephrase it to something like "Tout le monde est impatient de vous rencontrer" (Everyone can't wait to meet you).

-------------------------------

Livin' off the Land says the following on Spring 4, year 1:

stardewtraduction2.png

One of the two underlined words is superflous and should be removed. (It's literally translating to "The river meets rejoins the sea.)

----------------------------

When you interact with Shane at JojaMart while he's working, it says the following:

stardewtraduction3.png

It sould be "Shane travaille."

Last edited:

JeCel

Cowpoke
Platform: PC
Version: 1.5.6

I noticed that in Koop: When someone let's Robin build a building, there will apear a text on the bottom left corner saying "Paulo hat a Scheune errichtet." Or something like that. But it should be eine Scheune. So far it happened with all the buildings that the english indefinite article was used instead of the german one. I tried to screenshot it but it somehow did not work. I will add a screenshot another time.

Another translation error with one of the Quest of the Special Orders board. The one from Robin where you are supposed to collect 1000 stones.
It says "Sammle 1000 Steine: Text". I don't think the word Text is supposed to be there.

In both cases I probably didn't write the sentences correctly as I can't remember them and the screenshots didn't work. But the info given should be enough to identify the errors^^

Koma

Newcomer
Language: English
Version 1.5.6

When Shane mentions Marnie's loved items, he says: "I gave it to her one year and she wouldn't stop talking about it."

It should be 'one year ago".

PsychoPiper

Newcomer
Not sure if this fits here but... there's a text wrapping issue with Emily when she talks about wanting to eat healthy. The word "live" is cut off and the E is placed on a new line. Not sure if this is resolution-dependent, but if so I'm playing on 1600x900. A screenshot is attached.

Language: English
Version: 1.5.6

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
When Shane mentions Marnie's loved items, he says: "I gave it to her one year and she wouldn't stop talking about it."

It should be 'one year ago".
That isn't necessarily a typo, "one year" is correct when referring to a point in the past that you don't remember exactly.

freddy forelle

Newcomer
Platform: PC - Steam
Version 1.5.6 hotfix#3

Willy is reapeating himself. Once adressing me as Male (Junge) and once as Female (Fräulein).

german trans.png

freddy forelle

Newcomer
Platform: PC - Steam
Version 1.5.6 hotfix#3

It's the note about the Forge-Enchantments. Shaving got translated to Rasur. If you want to use shaving as a woodworking term and not hairstyle term, a word like "Hobel/Zerspaner" would work better!

german trans 2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.