MandaLin

Greenhorn
When trying to re-design my home after the 1.6 update in my older saves, I can no longer change the wallpapers on the dividing walls.

WallpaperGlitch2.png

WallpaperGlitch3.png

Theo_5

Newcomer
Pc 1
OS – Windows 10 64 bit
Pc 2
OS - Windows 11 64 bit
Platform - PC Game Pass,
Multiplayer, no mods,
In-Game Language: Spanish
there was no error text on either computer

The game crashes every 30 minutes. During the first two days, everything runs normally, but on the third day, at some point, the crash occurs. Initially, the computer hosting the game crashes; then, when the host reconnects and the second computer reconnects, the latter also crashes within a few minutes.

This problem had happened before and was fixed in the last error correction update 1.5.6, so we didn't experience it again. However, with the new update, the same problem has reappeared.

HoldTheAlex

Greenhorn
Playing multiplayer with a friend (both with stam and windows systems), we ran into a bug caused in the mines. The error occurred in the following way:

1. Enter the main mine near the quarry on the 25th floor and go down to the 26th.
2. After that, my friend went down to the 25th floor through the elevator.
3. To meet, I left the floor at the entrance of the cave and took the elevator to the 25th floor (where I had already explored so there was only the uncovered staircase to go down to the 26th floor again).
4. We both took the stairs to the 26th floor and there is the bug. eEverything was frozen, there were no enemies, the stones were breaking but the objects were freezing and the ghouls stayed still. Everything was fixed when we left the mine completely and restarted the mine floors. From then on we have had no problems.

I am not a programming expert but I believe that the error was caused by a bad save and loading of the 26th floor, as a saved state that should have been restarted was not, but it is just a guess. I attach the captures!

Attachments

BlackCarnation

Newcomer
Hello! Just created a new multiplayer save for 1.6 with my partner, and we've encountered a pretty nasty bug. It's an English save, entirely multiplayer, and I'm playing on MacOS and my partner is on Windows.

Randomly, mid-Summer, I went to my regular Coop and grabbed some hay from it, only for the hay dispenser to "break." It expelled pixels as if I'd broken it, and then disappeared from the spot. We tried exiting and restarting on multiple occasions, as well as upgrading the Coop to a Big Coop, but this did not work. I looked up the general issue and only found 1 post about it from 5 years ago, so I'm not sure if this is just super rare, or if it was supposed to have been fixed.

I hope this can be fixed soon! Let me know if you need any extra information! Thanks!

jackafoos

Greenhorn
OS: MacOS 10.14 (On an old OS because my computer is a dinosaur)
Language: English(US)
Single Player
Non-Modded
Year 2, Fall
(Save file started in 1.5 and continued in 1.6. All issues occur after release of update)

The Issue:
Certain machines do not work as normal after the update. In particular, seed makers no longer accept fruit and the coop incubator will not accept eggs of any kind.

First noticed this issue trying to propagate ancient fruit in my greenhouse. I cannot place ancient fruit of any quality (I've tried regular through gold) in seed makers. Holding the item and hovering the mouse over the seed maker results in the item icon pulsing (as normal), but clicking does nothing. I've tried this both in and out of the greenhouse in case it was relevant. As an experiment, I also tried placing cranberries in the seed maker with the same result.

Additionally, I have tried to incubate new chickens but get a similar error. The egg icon pulses as if it could be used, but nothing happens when clicking on the incubator. I have tried this with brown and white chicken eggs, void eggs and duck eggs. I have attached screenshots as well as my save.

Attachments

Starfriend

Newcomer
Language: English
Singleplayer
Platform: Steam

Placing a chest next to a scarecrow can cause an issue where opening the chest causes dialogue popup with the scarecrow open briefly followed immediately by opening the chest window. After closing the chest character is still stuck until you click somewhere as if the dialogue popup is still up, but invisible. Also happens if a chest is next to a building under construction, and I would not be surprised if the interaction is same with every object that causes dialogue.

itsspaceplant

Newcomer
FISHING GLITCH

Windows 10 unmodded

Sewers Legendary isn't spawning. I've spent multiple days of non-stop fishing and only catching carp and white algae. I've caught hundreds of them at this point, but no Legendary. All other legendaries I've caught successfully and easily, not this one.

chezaus

Newcomer
Language: English
Singleplayer
Platform: Steam

River Bundle gives regular bait instead of deluxe bait.

Marine

Newcomer
Windows 10, English unmodded singleplayer, meadow farm. I actually have two things here one being Vincent going through terrain because I think his pathing might have been blocked by an NPC or something.

And then I have the same quest twice here, I accepted it on the board and when you talk to Robin once it completes both quests. Also when I accepted the previous rock quest (the one with twenty) Clint was the one who assigned it to me. But when I accepted Robin's version both of them became her quest. Sorry if that was hard to read by the way.

20240324024233_1.jpg20240324024240_1.jpg20240324024241_1.jpg20240324024244_1.jpg20240324024248_1.jpg20240324183427_1.jpg20240324183430_1.jpg

Shadowheart

Newcomer
First time poster.. hopefully I'm doing this right.

I started a new (unmodded) single player game.
Used the Forest farm layout.
Remix of Community center AND mine rewards.
I've found 2 problems.

* I got a request from "help wanted" for catching Sardines in summer.
* There was no reward chest on level 30 in the mines. I don't know if it's because of the remix, or if it's a genuine bug.

Neither is something I've been able to recreate, because I didn't really think about it until a couple of in-game days later

Gan

Farmhand
The "Saying Hello" quest is unable to be completed if Robin is working on something on your farm(in my case a Silo)
As well:
Harvey, The Wizard, Linus and Leah to my knowledge do not contribute to the quest for some reason
Same issue for me with robin working on buildings. I think Harvey, Linus, and Leah did work for me; and while the Wizard didn't that feels intentional.

shuri

Newcomer
Had a bug while playing multiplayer. Entered praire king with robin and got this error. Forcibly said movie had concluded.
1711404215919.png

SOS
I am now stuck in day 2 Summer, Year 1 in the PC 1.6 update, no mods, single player. It's just like the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

It is a stormy weather day, and at the conclusion of the day (upon going to bed) there was a notification that "An earthquake occurred in the night"
After the message appeared, the sale receipt appears then the game crashed and completely closed out before saving the days progress.
This happens again the same exact way when I try to finish Summer day 2 again and again.

You can find a video of my experiencing this in the latest Stardew Valley video upload on my Twitch @cincinnatighoul
Go to 1:34 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2100307894

It seems I am stuck on Summer Day 2, Year 1 until the bug is fixed. SOS!!

PS
Love you guys! Thank you for this update and this forum

kimmycat

Newcomer
I have a nonmodded new playthrough, my game keeps crashing any time I try to use a tool. Seems to be only affecting my game on my steam deck, but works on my pc

Lotukkab

Newcomer
I am not sure if this is an intended feature, or a bug, so I will write it here.

(According to the Stardew wiki which is where I'm getting this info from,) The raccoon's wife's shop is apparently supposed to sell fairy dust as the second last item after completing the 4th quest, but for me only mixed seeds are offered. I've progressed further so I can't reset the day to see if it changes by chance.

Näyttökuva 2024-03-26 002625.png

• what OS you are using; Windows 10, 64bit
  • in-game language; English
  • single-player or multiplayer; Single-player
Save file attached below. In case it will show in the safe file, it is good to know my game is lightly modded with cosmetic mods. I tested if they could cause this change by opening the game without them, and they aren't the reason.

Attachments

Koelho

Newcomer
Hello, im playing with my girlfriend and we started to do the raccoon missions, but she give the 100 wood first and my quest is still on and I cant complete it now. Either way, the consequent missions, where raccoon askes for items, works linked for both our players.
1711407976433.png

Its in Portuguese, and we both play on Steam.

Carolynn412

Newcomer
Hi I'm playing on windows english singleplayer and i have been having issues running my game in the normal mode. The only way it will let me play is in 32 bit. In the normal mode my game will take forever to load and will constantly freeze loading into a character creation and will freeze when i click on any of the color or clothing options then will stop responding when i go to start a new game. I included my specs to see if anyone could see an issue. My old laptop had worse specs and could run stardew with mods no problem

Attachments

tjmaddie

Newcomer
In level 19 of the mines, a cave fly just dropped a pink office chair when killed I don't think this is intentional as I did not see this in the list of loot on the wiki. This was right after I received a mystery box from killing a different enemy.

Attachments