merssa

Newcomer
explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens):
I used to have 3 cursed mannequins in my home and the 14 hearts event "deleted" the clothes... Penny did put the mannequins in a chest, but not the clothes. When I try to place down these mannequins again, at first, they are dressed but as soon as I place them, the clothes disappear.

full error text (if any):
none.

what OS you are using:
Win 11 (23H2 22631.3296);

in-game language:
English.

single-player or multiplayer:
Single-Player.

20240325005420_1.jpg
20240325005433_1.jpg
20240325005448_1.jpg
20240325005502_1.jpg

TanukiDango

Newcomer
Hello! I've been playing the same game file since before 1.6 update and have over 100+ hours in this file so it's important to me! I exited to game back to the title (without saving) and now my game crashes every time I try to load it. I have no mods, but I do host the farm and my fiance plays online with me.

Here is the error log (I don't know much about PC files so Idk what all this means haha)

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass111_1.<fixAllAnimals>b__4(Int64 id) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 2256
at Netcode.NetList`2.RemoveWhere(Func`2 match) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NetFields\NetList.cs:line 312
at StardewValley.Utility.<>c.<fixAllAnimals>b__111_0(GameLocation f) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 2256
at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357
at StardewValley.GameLocation.OnDayStarted() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 15203
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<OnDayStarted>b__638_0(GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4162
at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357
at StardewValley.Game1.OnDayStarted() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4160
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4151
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.2 build 24081
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Fall 2 Y5 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

SecondOf5

Newcomer
My kids were playing multiplayer. They were in the mine and one of them died. The one who was left behind had his screen get weird. When he would swing his sword the white swish animation stayed on screen. When he would use a pickaxe on a rock, the rock would disappear and the item would appear but it was frozen and couldn't be picked up. When he would use the sword on the slimes they would freeze in place with the red hurt animation. He kept hitting rocks until the ladder appeared and he went to the next floor(10) collected the chest and went home and went to sleep. Everything was fine after that.

It was day 9 on floor 9 of the mine.

The kid who died was on a iMac (not sure of the OS) and the one who had the glitch was on a PC with Windows 10.

Game language is English.

I'm sorry I didn't think to take a screenshot.

Last edited:

SaturnGrl

Greenhorn
So, I am currently playing a signal player game, OS Windows 10 64-home and Steam, on English. I started a fresh game a month before the most recent update. Like some others, I noticed the Dwarf in the mines was back to speaking his Dwarfish and I could not access his shop anymore. Looking at my special items, the Dwarf Translation Guide was missing:

1711340013306.png

It should be the grayed out spot next to the cauldron. And I can confirm I did dig up all the scrolls, and they are in both my museum collection and Artifacts collection:

1711340304864.png

1711339879956.png

I tried a few suggestions, like picking up the scrolls and moving them around the museum, and switching their positions, but still the translation book will not reappear. Please find a fix for this bug.

When I dug up an artifact spot next to the river a library book came our, bounced off of my character and into the river. But it didn't go IN the water, stayed ON the water. After sleeping I went back and the book is still on the water. I've never encountered this issue and I've put in many many hours. I've included a picture of the issue.

Language: English
Mode: Single-player

Attachments

Samon

Newcomer
yesterday it worked very well but today it seems that the audio of the environment failed, and for some reason when I'm in the house with the fireplace you can hear the rain in the background but when I go out this is not heard even I could realize that it is only that "world" since the other one I have works fine.
the publication does not allow me to leave video evidence. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

TanukiDango

Newcomer
I ended up having to revert back to an old save file by going through file explorer and now it works for me again. I don't know what I did to cause it to happen, I'm just glad I got my save back! <3

Hello! I've been playing the same game file since before 1.6 update and have over 100+ hours in this file so it's important to me! I exited to game back to the title (without saving) and now my game crashes every time I try to load it. I have no mods, but I do host the farm and my fiance plays online with me.

Here is the error log (I don't know much about PC files so Idk what all this means haha)

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[Entire error log in original post]

Windows, via Steam, English, Never used mods.
When gathering any resource that can drop the item instead of getting it in your inventory, items will fall into areas unreachable by the player like inside the houses area from outside of said area or behind bushes that block my way of getting to the items. The items disappear after resetting the game, but it’s been a recurring issue that’s affecting the game a lot as I progress.

New game after 1.6 release, Meadow farms, Windows, Steam, English, Single player. After a couple days I can no longer enter the chicken coop. The board line on the entranceway acts as a barrier. Screenshot and link to video included, meaning I can't get into the chicken coop to do anything. Screencast video can be found at:

Hope it's a quick fix - been loving the rest of update so far.

Attachments

Nazgul

Newcomer
Game crashes every time when transitioning to the next day during the calico festival, resetting the day over and over. Doesn't seem to matter whether I actually go to the festival or not.

Fense

Newcomer
New game, 1.6.2, Single Player.
While doing the "Saying 'Hello'" quest, if Robin is working on a new building she cannot be talked to (making the quest fail if you timed starting construction and quests close together), other posters have mentioned before that you cannot hand in quests to her while she is constructing as well.

Jonathan38

Farmhand
Maybe someone should take a look at the snake vertebre that were supposedly fixed in the recent update. I dont think its working as intended. The update notes say the drop rate was increased, but in my new save file, i've had the island unlocked for over a season, and the second vertebre will not drop. Its always the same with this item, in every game I play, I am waiting on it to drop for the longest time. I think the issue is the spawn rate of artifact spots on the west side is bugged. They will not spawn. I had two spots spawn at the starting area with the boat dock, and both of them dropped the animal rib cage. I really do believe the west side of the island is bugged and wont spawn artifact spots as often as the other areas of the island.

Umbrad

Greenhorn
The game works perfectly for a few minutes, until suddenly it drops from 60 fps to a rate of 5/1 fps and makes it really unplayable, plus the sound starts to sound slow. Something I noticed is that this error usually happens when a sound is repeated for a short period of time, that is, if you click with the sword in your hand several times, the game begins to lower the fps and the audio fails

ManGood

Newcomer
MULTIPLAYER
1711355826237.png

Mission is still available even already completed two orders. How this happen - Host picked quest, but other person finished building stump (with 100 hardwood). After that, quest is still available in the journal.
Windows 11

Pompes

Greenhorn
Hi, the game crash when i go to sleep (Game non-modded). I've tried everything except modify local archives. The crash happens on the day 16th of spring (2nd day of Desert festival) age 4.

I don't get any error message, just the game closes. In the steam discussion section i have seen what is happening to more people

- Windows 10
- Language in game: Spanish
- Single player

owc2

Newcomer
Great update so far! I'm not sure if this is an update-related issue, but on Ginger Island, the usual path to get to the golden walnut on top of the farm isn't working. I can't move right, where the leaf path is. You can still get the walnut, but it's almost like the path is a few squares to the left instead of following the leaves. In the screenshot, the blue circle is where my farmer gets kinda stuck. Thanks!

- windows 11
- English
- single player
- old save file

Screenshot 2024-03-22 222934.1.png

AshHutch

Greenhorn
Edit!: if you struggled like I did below do not stress! The bait and bobber book is a skill book that you read to gain XP but it is not one of the special item books of power! Woohoo!

Original: I'm on Windows 11, PC. Playing in multiplayer, English.
I killed a ghost in the mines and it dropped a Mystery Box and a skill book (Bait And Bobber). I read the skill book straight away while i was still in the mine. I checked my Special Items & Powers tab straight after and saw that it didn't register as something i had obtained. I have acquired 2 other skill books so i expect it to be there.
I went to bed to see if it would register the next day but it hasn't. Not sure what to do!

Last edited:

Gabathy

Newcomer
Walked into Sam's house to chat with Vincent & Jodi but Vincent was missing half his body only facing one direction as soon as I walked in. I could talk to him just fine and I can't walk through him but you can see my character through the part that was missing. After speaking with him he started facing my character, but as soon as he returned to this original position he lost half his body again.
Windows 10, playing through Steam, unmodded, English, single-player. New save file

1711362422318.png

1711362454166.png

Gabathy

Newcomer
The sewer cover isn't fully there, I walked out of 1 Willow Lane to fish and saw the sewer like this.
Windows 10, playing through Steam, unmodded, English, single-player. New save file

1711362858663.png

Izziebel01

Newcomer
Playing on Windows 11, German Version, Singleplayer, on Steam,

upon giving Evelyn the broken glasses, she is responding the same sentence twice (thanking the player), once for the male player and once for the female player