1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Found a bunch of unique layouts in the Skull Cavern and Volcano Dungeon.

Also did a bunch of re-rolls of the anvil and finally got 1 of every conceivable perfect trinket.

Attachments

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
(Previous reportings here)

Summer 24, and my Deluxe Fertiliser is at 555 / 600, with just under a week on the clock, before it’s needed for 600 Rare Seeds. My 81 Hardwood Tree operation finally has 81 Tappers, and I found out on 23 that they don’t give 2 Sap, as I thought they did, they give 5, so that’s 405 Sap, or 50 Deluxe Fertiliser, per night. :music: I’m gonna make it after aaaall! :music:

Deluxe Fertiliser? Check.
Rare Seeds? Check.
Energy Tonic? Check (thank you, Iridium Bat, during my descent down the Dangerous SC)

I drained the Magic Bait supply, during early Summer, so now I just need to bring down my normal Bait amount. I don’t want to have more than 999 of the stuff. Currently on about 950. Qi threw the Prismatic Grange challenge at me, and was sorted in 2 hours.
Purple: Got a token sample of Crystaliariums running Amethyst.
Orange: Got about 300 Cinder Shards while hitting the Volcano for Copper Ore, for the Tappers.
Blue: Blueberry plants in pots, in the greenhouse.
Green: Did a 144-plot ‘Fiber Plant’ grow back in Spring, that turned up circa 900 Fiber.
Yellow: Gave him some Wheat laying spare.
Red: I’ve forgotten what I did, but Red is the easiest one, anyway!

Clint jobbed me to wipe out 50 Grubs, and came looking for the same in Dust Sprites on Summer 22. Hey, 6 Grand, and a few more bombs, for grinding Floors 40 through 49? Yeah, that’s what I’m doing next.

In terms of crops, I just stuck Starfruit Seeds (without any Fertilisers) into the ground in Summer 1, and left them to it. I knew I wanted Wheat as my crop, for transition into Fall 1, so Starfruit 2 ‘pay Sandy hundreds of thousands’ boogaloo was out of the question. I went for Red Cabbage. Might surprise you to know that none of my Starfruit got fried by Alex’s birthday. The Red Cabbage, on the other hand, had 1 casualty of a Storm day. Now that 599 RC are harvested, the Wheat has been planted, and will be Harvested Fall 1.

The Ginger Island setup was cast to the wayside, in favour of getting the Tappers for the Sap. 100 spaces got a setup for 10 days, as “I cook because my husband only cares about profits” wanted 100 Taro Roots. Other than that, the Sprinklers have the pressure installed, I just need to throw down the seeds. If anyone remembers the list I did, 100 Coffee Beans, and the crops that I want to put in, are the only definite. Might bump the 50 Ancient Fruit Plants up to 100. Not sure.

The Qi Seasoned Lucky Lunches are at 20 / 600. With the Ginger Island setup no further yet, and Corn feeding my oil makers, Tortillas aren’t exactly in abundance. Neither are Sea Cucumbers, to be fair. Corn is actually the only real pressure I’m feeling, to get on with my Ginger Island rejig, but it seems that, on my 5x5 lot for Mixed Seeds, quite a few are coming out as Corn, so that’ll buy me some time.

I have a sizeably chonky supply of fridge stuff just waiting to be turned into Fresh Cooking, when the Qi Boi calls upon it. Super Meal’s going to be the first thing I make. Come on, Qi, you know you need some more of my cooking, and I need some more of your Gems. Let’s make each other happy, on Fall 2 (because Fall 1 will be used up, in Fertilising the 600, and putting same into the ground)

I’m thinking of turning the old 12x12 lot for the Fiber Seeds, into 96 Tea Saplings. Deluxe Retaining Soil could be thrown on any crops that suddenly need growing, in between the Sapling rows. Hmmmm.

So yeah, a large job just went from ‘very slim chance of success’ to ‘very VERY likely to succeed’, and now I’ll have to figure out what I want to do next.

”Perfection?” I’ve considered it, and I’d need to check what I’m missing, on the tracker, besides a stash of Golden Walnuts.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Accepted and managed to complete the Prismatic Jelly quest. :wizard:
Also managed to get the top prizes on both days of the SquidFest, despite not having upgraded from the bamboo rod. However, at the end of the first day I dumped a whole lot of stuff in my gift item minifridge and a chest outside the house, so a lot of organizing awaits tomorrow. So many fish...
Congrats!

I've always had pretty good luck with the wizard quests, weirdly have never had a problem finding ghosts or prismatic slimes. But I wonder if that's just because I enjoy rampaging through the mines and don't register how long it takes to fulfill the quests.

Draconifors

Farmhand
Congrats!

I've always had pretty good luck with the wizard quests, weirdly have never had a problem finding ghosts or prismatic slimes. But I wonder if that's just because I enjoy rampaging through the mines and don't register how long it takes to fulfill the quests.
The ghosts ones I find easy. Ghosts themselves are somewhat annoying, though, what with how they move back so much when you hit them.

The slime I found by using the elevator to go to floors 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, and 65, then using the ladder to leave the mine. Rinse and repeat until lucky. A lot quicker than trying to find ladders to descend to lower floors, or even than going to 0, 10, 20, etc. and walking to the ladder. I avoided floors 75 and down because the regular slimes there start getting slower to kill and get past.
Mentioning this here in case someone is looking for a strategy.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Not sure how this is happening but the last week of Spring Year 4 is almost done.

Week4.PNG

This week consisted of 2 Qi's Prizzy Grange quests, the first done in 50 minutes and Farmer Bobbi got the second one down to 40 minutes, that time while the rest of the town was setting up the Flower Dance. ...of course that means Farmer Bobbi kind of forgot to plan an outfit for the dance but seeing as she gets stuck on the boys' side, her Raccoon Hat and simulated leather shirt 'n pants seemed to be the right thing to wear...

FD2.JPG

As usual Farmer Bobbi's line dancing skills never fail to impress and she's always on cue with the rest.

FD4.JPG

Later that evening...

"Bobbi you look cute with a dead raccoon perched on your head but maybe another choice might bring out your style differently at the town dance next time."

Emily_Hopeful.png
"Of course mostly because your current outfit hasn't been cleaned recently since your last visit with your Monster friends in their cave or whatever." Emily added quickly. "You had Slime goo on the back of your leg and I don't want to know who's scales those are," Emily continued as she reached over to pick something green and shiny off Bobbi's shoulder. Still a little nervous for seeming to criticize Bobbi's clothing choices she continued, "I mean I like, uh, Danny Crawdad or whoever that outfit is but maybe it's time for a change?"

Emms rummaged the drawers and came up with some forest green cloth and they set to work.

Emms room.PNG

"Now this looks great and I saw that hat you snuck in here last night and tossed on the far mannequin. Grab that 'cause you just know I'm gonna love seeing you in it!"

green.PNG

"It's the end of Spring, isn't this dress gonna get hot outside in the Summer?" Bobbi complained only a little as the arms were very cooling. "And I'm a little on the ah, fleshy side for bare arms aren't I?"

Emily_Asking.png
"Oh nonsense! I love your arms like I love the rest of you and anyway how are you going to wrestle that crazy sword of yours without a little meat on these sticks," Emily reassured as she reached over to squeeze Bobbi's arms in as tickly a spot as she could find." Amidst the giggles Emily continued, "And you silly, that's why we're making a skirt too, now stand still while I pin the dress to finish the hem or I'll mess it up and you'll get a Skirt and cold knees now!" Bobbi makes to move playfully but gets the stinkeye from Emms and desists.

Later that day, Bobbi snuck her old outfit back on to hit the mostly full Quarry because it was 2x Ore node day and received the following:

Quarry.PNG

Most importantly it was fun! And slightly less importantly, her new outfit was still clean.

And Farmer Bobbi, after consulting with other Farmers online using that Farm Computador thing from Demetrius, found that Sheep were very good for making Cloth and as the AutoGrabber takes care of them automatically, they are far less work than picking up after the Pigs. Wow, solves 2 problems at once!

So Farmer Bobbi sold off all but one of her Pigs to a nice animal farmer who seemed to have quite a bit of space for her pigs as there were very few there, though it looked like he had capacity for more. As she walked away she thought to herself, nobody eats pigs, right? Probably don't taste good or anything. That guy totally needed more pigs to fill all that extra room...

The new Barn setup:

Bobbi_4-27-2024_86000693.png

Life is going to be fluffier! As well as easier and full of more Cloth, making everyone happier.

Last edited:

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Not sure how this is happening but the last week of Spring Year 4 is almost done.

View attachment 22904

This week consisted of 2 Qi's Prizzy Grange quests, the first done in 50 minutes and Farmer Bobbi got the second one down to 40 minutes, that time while the rest of the town was setting up the Flower Dance. ...of course that means Farmer Bobbi kind of forgot to plan an outfit for the dance but seeing as she gets stuck on the boys' side, her Raccoon Hat and simulated leather shirt 'n pants seemed to be the right thing to wear...

View attachment 22905

As usual Farmer Bobbi's line dancing skills never fail to impress and she's always on cue with the rest.

View attachment 22906

Later that evening...

"Bobbi you look cute with a dead raccoon perched on your head but maybe another choice might bring out your style differently at the town dance next time."

View attachment 22908 "Of course mostly because your current outfit hasn't been cleaned recently since your last visit with your Monster friends in their cave or whatever." Emily added quickly. "You had Slime goo on the back of your leg and I don't want to know who's scales those are," Emily continued as she reached over to pick something green and shiny off Bobbi's shoulder. Still a little nervous for seeming to criticize Bobbi's clothing choices she continued, "I mean I like, uh, Danny Crawdad or whoever that outfit is but maybe it's time for a change?"

Emms rummaged the drawers and came up with some forest green cloth and they set to work.

View attachment 22909

"Now this looks great and I saw that hat you snuck in here last night and tossed on the far mannequin. Grab that 'cause you just know I'm gonna love seeing you in it!"

View attachment 22910

"It's the end of Spring, isn't this dress gonna get hot outside in the Summer?" Bobbi complained only a little as the arms were very cooling. "And I'm a little on the ah, fleshy side for bare arms aren't I?"

View attachment 22911"Oh nonsense! I love your arms like I love the rest of you and anyway how are you going to wrestle that crazy sword of yours without a little meat on these sticks," Emily reassured as she reached over to squeeze Bobbi's arms in as tickly a spot as she could find." Amidst the giggles Emily continued, "And you silly, that's why we're making a skirt too, now stand still while I pin the dress to finish the hem or I'll mess it up and you'll get a Skirt and cold knees now!" Bobbi makes to move playfully but gets the stinkeye from Emms and desists.

Later that day, Bobbi snuck her old outfit back on to hit the mostly full Quarry because it was 2x Ore node day and received the following:

View attachment 22913

Most importantly it was fun! And slightly less importantly, her new outfit was still clean.

And Farmer Bobbi, after consulting with other Farmers online using that Farm Computador thing from Demetrius, found that Sheep were very good for making Cloth and as the AutoGrabber takes care of them automatically, they are far less work than picking up after the Pigs. Wow, solves 2 problems at once!

So Farmer Bobbi sold off all but one of her Pigs to a nice animal farmer who seemed to have quite a bit of space for her pigs as there were very few there, though it looked like he had capacity for more. As she walked away she thought to herself, nobody eats pigs, right? Probably don't taste good or anything. That guy totally needed more pigs to fill all that extra room...

The new Barn setup:

View attachment 22914

Life is going to be fluffier! As well as easier and full of more Cloth, making everyone happier.
How do you come up with these mini-stories so quickly? I’m only a third down on my own piece, that’s probably going to be, like, half, maybe two-thirds the size of the Bobbi story. 😂

Lew Zealand

Helper
How do you come up with these mini-stories so quickly? I’m only a third down on my own piece, that’s probably going to be, like, half, maybe two-thirds the size of the Bobbi story. 😂
They're in my head constantly, especially in a game like this where there are a lot of interesting visuals but really a shortage of specific dialog, so they just tumble out. It helps a lot that I wrote about a season of daily gameplay like this about 2 years ago so I have a personality for most of the main characters already, but I wrote almost nothing about Emily because I rarely bumped into her in that playthrough so she's an untapped well at this point.

I'm looking forward to your story and the best thing I can say is have your fun with it and do what you want!

Draconifors

Farmhand
Had another lucky day with quests: acquired ectoplasm within three floors of the mines.

Upgraded my coop and barn to max level, and bought two of each of bunnies, pigs, and sheep. The first day of spring, year 2, was very loud after a winter with only Kex and Roach (my dog and horse) outside. I appreciate the bunnies for being quiet.

Started the hunt for nine cave jellies so that I can have a full shed row of 10 fish smokers. The first smoker I got from the prize machine.
Managed to get one jelly so far, as well as a lava eel and a whole bunch of trash.
How exactly is there driftwood in the lava pool? :fire:

Oh, and finally got some train loot; from a train full of presents fell a box or two. Didn't even smash my face into the train this time.

After searching so long for my last exhibit on the museum, I found this darned bone flute in a treasure chest while fishing for my last two squids on the Squid Festival! Yay - immediately ran to the museum and finally got my 6th Stardrop (Winter 3). Afterwards caught the last two squids.

Two pleasantly easy-going days: bought a third auto-grabber for my new barn where the first ostrich is being hatched, a second fish pond for stingrays to finally solve the dragon tooth problem, went to see Clint and Emily ...

but the best thing: my female cursed mannequin, who I had set up in the north room, was obviously so cold that she wandered to the living room fireplace and refuses to leave. Her hubby didn't move a muscle.

Syringa_4-28-2024_71827251.jpg
Why, no wonder she's cold undressed ...

abacist

Greenhorn
not long ago i got 2 prismatic shards in a row from qi mystery boxes in winter year 1 of my meadowlands farm save, i was so shocked

Lew Zealand

Helper
After searching so long for my last exhibit on the museum, I found this darned bone flute in a treasure chest while fishing for my last two squids on the Squid Festival! Yay - immediately ran to the museum and finally got my 6th Stardrop (Winter 3). Afterwards caught the last two squids.

Two pleasantly easy-going days: bought a third auto-grabber for my new barn where the first ostrich is being hatched, a second fish pond for stingrays to finally solve the dragon tooth problem, went to see Clint and Emily ...

but the best thing: my female cursed mannequin, who I had set up in the north room, was obviously so cold that she wandered to the living room fireplace and refuses to leave. Her hubby didn't move a muscle.

View attachment 22936
Why, no wonder she's cold undressed ...
Wait there's M and F Cursed Mannequins?? Time for more Quarry Cave shenanigans on good luck days! And putting the pool in the Attic is a bold move but it looks great!