1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

ArthurManenti

Farmhand
Spring of year 2 ended, and I failed to find and slay an elusive slime because RNG did not favour me. I slayed dozens of slimes, but none was special.
Oh well, the quest will come around again.

Harvested the last of this year's garlic and beans, and planted all of the coffee beans I had so I'll have plenty of coffee plants for summer.

Examined a bush because a note told me to do so, and dug around in search of something someone hid. Found something in the bush, but did not find whatever is hidden.

All in all, a lot happened -- and the day isn't quite over yet. :cool:
It's very weird RNG, for real
On the farm before my current one, I did this darn quest two times and didn't find the slime. I ended up downloading a mod monster spawner (!!!) just to finish the quest
On my current farm, I found FOUR elusive SLIMES on the same day in the first 30 levels of the mines and I got EIGHT jellies (because of the burglar ring). Like, what? How? Why??
To be fair, I *think* I used a monster musk (I traded a combat book for a precious precious monster musk at the Bookseller)
Both farms in 1.6 (I already played 150 hours since the update)
20240423000415_1.jpg

MelodyPond

Greenhorn
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.
It was a good couple of days for me. I'm in mid-autumn, second year. I got my greenhouse and somehow gave birth on the same night. Sebastian and I are the proud parents of a little boy named Antelope.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I think I have discovered most of the 1.6 things. I haven’t bothered with meowmere cause it’s inferior sword and more a collectible. But I’ve unlocked everything, with much help from item I’d for money. I haven’t finished everything completely, just discovered it. I am still surprised by new random quotes from villagers too. Overall I have to admit I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped to be. Not saying that I didn’t enjoy parts a lot like desert festival and new dialogue, as well as nature updates like waterfalls. I also love the updated and spacious house and of course multiple pets…I have one of each! But with all the excitement and hype I read for almost a year, and now for the month after, I guess I didn’t get the sense of magic and awe I thought I would. I will experience it again in about a year when it comes to mobile and maybe I will enjoy it more then cause the workload will be much less on my hands and stuff, but by then everyone will have moved way past it and I’ll be alone in any magical experiences I might enjoy.

So, yeah, mixed feelings here.

I’m so grateful to CA and his team for all of their hard work and love and devotion to the game and their players and all of the completely free updates and content we receive. I’m not at all having anything negative towards them, just saying between some minor update losses and and the continued theme and further emphasis on perfection, achievements and being the best farm and farmer around, I do prefer 1.4 world with a touch of 1.5. It just seemed cozier and less pressure for maximizing achievements, profits and being the best farm ever. It was more about living and loving life and new neighbors and experiences in your new small town valley. Of making grandpa happy by doing the best you can and enjoying the ride and the community. Not being a billionaire tycoon bigger than joja corp, and climbing a Mount Everest of achievements and being the most perfect version of someone your not, but someone another wants you to be. The original grandpa loved you for you, and the town and villagers as friends and equals. He wouldn’t have encouraged and rewarded you for being superior to everyone round you and being some glorious superhero overachiever who has to make him proud by being better than anyone save Mr Qi and Yoba. It just has lost its magical quaintness and joy in uniting and befriending those around you and helping the town become a great community once again. Call me old fashioned but save Leo and the volcano I still live in my 1.4 bubble. Before the game and it’s magical feel turned the corner and became a game like it’s more modern counterparts focusing on greatness and achievements and not people and a sense of maintain and improving a true sense of small town community.

Well off my soap box, I'm just not feeling the love others are for the direction this gem of a game is going. I’m kinda depressed about it and loosing the magic it once had for me. I’m not leaving the game, just reminiscing on magical bygone days of when I first discovered n my 1.4 mobile world that lasted for much longer than most as it was mobile.

Not my best Stardew days. Miss older versions. Sorry to be an old lady downer it’s just different and going in a different direction than I hoped. Let the haters berate me but I can’t be or feel something I’m not.

Last edited:

Draconifors

Farmhand
I ended for today when day 22 of summer, year 1 dawned at my forest farm. I still have my summer of year 2 standard farm, but I wanted to start a forest farm as well. Today was the second real-world day of the forest farm.

A barn was built and two cows (one of each colour) purchased. A stable was also constructed. (I already had a coop with one-heart chickens from yesterday.)
Reached level 100 in the mines, planted trees for tapping and harvesting. Completed a lot of the community center, most notably the boiler room plus artisan and quality crops bundles.
Spent most of days 20 and 21 at the annual trout derby, and got a whole bunch of neat rewards. I need to buy the first house expansion before I can fit my mounted trout on a wall, though.

At one point, rode over to gawk at a passing train -- and accidentally dismounted in a way that hurled me straight at the speeding train. Took damage from that impact, which surprised me (but also made sense). I'll be more careful in the future. :D

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I ended for today when day 22 of summer, year 1 dawned at my forest farm. I still have my summer of year 2 standard farm, but I wanted to start a forest farm as well. Today was the second real-world day of the forest farm.

A barn was built and two cows (one of each colour) purchased. A stable was also constructed. (I already had a coop with one-heart chickens from yesterday.)
Reached level 100 in the mines, planted trees for tapping and harvesting. Completed a lot of the community center, most notably the boiler room plus artisan and quality crops bundles.
Spent most of days 20 and 21 at the annual trout derby, and got a whole bunch of neat rewards. I need to buy the first house expansion before I can fit my mounted trout on a wall, though.

At one point, rode over to gawk at a passing train -- and accidentally dismounted in a way that hurled me straight at the speeding train. Took damage from that impact, which surprised me (but also made sense). I'll be more careful in the future. :D
lol oh my! You almost committed suicide by accident! I hope it wasn’t graphic. Did you at least get train loot for your troubles?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow yet another week has passed by, this one with a fashion addition from Emily at the Desert Festival.

Week3.PNG

We'll just not mention the other 2 outfits but you'll see them shortly though good luck picking them out.
On advice from someone here, I moved my Mushroom Stumps closer to certain Trees and got one of the indicated Mushrooms

purp.JPG

I turned in the requested mix of Mushrooms to the Raccoon family and received a hat for my troubles! But on the way back we took a turn too fast and ended up tumbling into the Super Cucumber Pond, horse and all. They were gracious about it and my hair has retained only the slightest tinge of purple.

ooops.JPG

Apparently wet purple toga isn't a thing so I needed to change to something new and dry, and what better than accessorizing to match your new hat? And why didn't someone let me know that my li'l green buddy is the BEST and LOL funniest Mine and Cave companion in the game?!? Who dropped the ball on this one??

Eventually spent a couple of days Tailoring a bit and rearranging the house and maybe not making it look completely like an aquarium:
Bobbi_4-26-2024_21841146.jpg

Last edited:

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Wow yet another week has passed by, this one with a fashion addition from Emily at the Desert Festival.

View attachment 22703

We'll just not mention the other 2 outfits but you'll see them shortly though good luck picking them out.
On advice from someone here, I moved my Mushroom Stumps closer to certain Trees and got one of the indicated Mushrooms

View attachment 22704

I turned in the requested mix of Mushrooms to the Raccoon family and received a hat for my troubles! But on the way back we took a turn too fast and ended up tumbling into the Super Cucumber Pond, horse and all. They were gracious about it and my hair has retained only the slightest tinge of purple.

View attachment 22705

Apparently wet purple toga isn't a thing so I needed to change to something new and dry, and what better than accessorizing to match your new hat? And why didn't someone let me know that my li'l green buddy is the BEST and LOL funniest Mine and Cave companion in the game?!? Who dropped the ball on this one??

Eventually spent a couple of days Tailoring a bit and rearranging the house and maybe not making it look completely like an aquarium:
View attachment 22706
How in the blazes did you fall into your fish pond?!?!? 🤣 🤣 🤣 I didn’t know that could happen lololololol! Your house looks gorgeous especially with the night lighting! Love it!😍

Lew Zealand

Helper
How in the blazes did you fall into your fish pond?!?!? 🤣 🤣 🤣 I didn’t know that could happen lololololol! Your house looks gorgeous especially with the night lighting! Love it!😍
Thanks! The Pond thing is a bug that still apparently happens on occasion. I've gotten it once before on the Beach Farm, this time I came around the corner quickly from the S and tried to grab the Roe while mounted and Mr. Boneybutt decided it was steeplechase time and vaulted over the barrier and into the water.

JuniperSkyy

Farmhand
I played for abt an hour last night with my siblings...

Did the sdv fair, got the stardrop and left
Finished the quality crops bundle after getting 5 gold star pumpkins
bought 3 cows (Me and my siblings all wanted one)
Went to the mines

I didn't do much, pretty casual day

I also played over the weekend w/ my bestie, I...
Broke up with Haley (I like Sam now)
Grew a bunch of blueberries
She got alex as her boyfriend
Got further in the mines
worked on some of the bundles
Saw the jellyfish thingies
Started fall

I played a bit on my own over the weekend, but didn't do anything of note.