1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

riklaunim

Cowpoke
Trying to manage an ultra-tiny farm. I will have to go through the coop and barn one by one, then demolish to un-block spouse :)

With such a farm, it would be more fun to have panning instead of mines, and so on.

Attachments

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Trying to manage an ultra-tiny farm. I will have to go through the coop and barn one by one, then demolish to un-block spouse :)

With such a farm, it would be more fun to have panning instead of mines, and so on.

I saw CallMeKevin do a playthrough on that and am tempted, but there's so much of the unmodded game I haven't experienced yet, so I'm holding off.

On Saturday I started a Wilderness farm and was surprised that the monsters in question weren't just intro monsters like green slimes and bats, but mid-cave stuff like those rock creatures and the shadow-thing that always drops solar or void essences. I'm doing a bit of RP in that my character Leofric (of Shieldwall Farm) has come to Stardew not to farm, but to fight. Farming is something he'll do to fund his drive for better weapons, armor, etc.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster

Which farm is that? It looks like a mix between standard and forest

riklaunim

Cowpoke
That looks like such a fun challenge! What mod are you using?
The map itself for now but I also have few unused yet mods like one to make obelisks 1x1 statues. There are some bonus cave mods I'm looking to get early hot springs and a bit of space to use.

Tiny Totem Statue Obelisks at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Secret Greenhouse at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Billboard Anywhere at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

A bit bigger and feature rich farm: Feenbucht Farm at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) - has hot springs built in and more :)

I was fishing but, then I ran out of deluxe bait and gave up. My sister just married Sam and I'm upset I have to deal with this little blonde rat infesting my farm... ALSO I literally have no idea how to make any money other than fishing so I'm just scrolling and letting my sister play.

Yvi

Sodbuster
After my cash needs get a little less urgent (and I'm stuck saving for that big gold clock) I save all my stuff for the season and sell it all at once at the end of the season. Today was the selling day! I've just got to say - 1.6 is so profitable. This was highly un-optimized. Lots of cheap fruits in wine, lots of cheap wine in casks, lots of space dedicated to growing cheap veggies and then making pickles and juice out of them. I forgot the dehydrators existed for like half a season, despite having over 30 of them. In my 1.5 perfection save I was getting about 2mil a season with acres of ancient fruit and kegs stuck everywhere, and now this! And I have a ton more crops I didn't sell because I'm still lying to myself that I'll get around to making pickles/juice/dried fruit out of them. Some select top earners - nearly 200 pickled squash (so much squash!), 50+ dried blueberries from back when I remembered the dehydrator existed, the 64 aged starfruit wine and also the 76 aged cheese that took up casks that should have been wine but I was in a cheese mood (i'm serious this save is so un-optimized). Also, shout out to the 448 green teas, and the 110 petrified slimes from my 2 slime hutches. Honorable mention to the 43 caviar that kept messing up my preserves jars timing by taking longer than the roe. And finally, to the 28 green slime eggs: why weren't you red? how am I supposed to fill my mushroom cave with red slimes if you insist on being green?

A couple more seasons like this and I should have an ostentatious golden clock to sit next to the mill I forget I own.

Attachments

Lew Zealand

Helper
Y4SuW1.PNG
Summer Week 1, Year 4. Bobbi and Emily meditate upon the week's happenings.

The last day of Spring means gathering the final Forage before it disappears for another year, even though Farmer Bobbi already hoarded far more than she'll ever need.
lastSpringForage.JPG

Almost too late she realized an important choice must be made, craft and plant another 191 Fiber Seeds just to Bomb them down on Summer 1 or clear, hoe, water, fertilize, plant on Summer 1. The obvious answer is boooomity-BOOOOM :cbomb::cbomb: but that requires quite a lot of Mixed Seeds and Bobbi only has one Season's more left.

Time for a test! Will plant and bomb tomorrow and see if we can acquire enough Mixed Seeds for the Summer-Fall transition. Raided the Mutant Bug Lair, the Community Center Park and Cindersap on Summer 1 for 12 Seed drops, which is already 1/4 of what's needed. And the Green Rain will be happening this Season...

Speaking of Summer and Boom,
noforggetting.JPG

Ha, Farmer Bobbi's just messin' with ya, she grabbed the Sprinklers before setting the Bombs down! Aaaand....? Hm. Where are the Starfroot Seeds? Sackinfrackinmissinwhacken! Off to Sandy's, ooo! and today's new Shirt selection! Bobbi spent so long trying to remember if she had that shirt already and then figure how many Seeds to buy (It's The Same Every Season!!) that she bought about 80 too many. Hm, I'm just... planning for next year!

A short 5 hours after remembering that Farmers need Seeds to plant, the crop is in the ground. We need to make this Mixed Seeds thing work, this is just too easy. No! Never too easy, you can always try to make it easier.

Heading inside...

Shirthole.JPG

Emily reaches out to poke a finger through a hole in the brand new shirt she just made which Bobbi apparently blew a hole through with her creative destructive Farming techniques.

"Wait what?!? nooo--!," Bobbi exclaims as she looks down frantically to find Emily's finger not stuck in a shirt hole but flicking Bobbi's nose with a sharp fingernail before Emily runs off laughing to hide behind a Fish Tank. Bobbi's now noiseless mouth continues to hang open advertising free room 'n board for summer houseflies.

"You played the oldest trick in the book on me?!" Bobbi exclaims, finding her voice again.

"When I heard that awful racket last month and looked through the window seeing you setting off BOMBS on our Farm...!", Emily pauses a second, panting, catching her breath behind a Coral. "...well to be honest I was impressed it worked! But then I got an idea to mess with you." Giggles echo from the far end of the western aquarium room.

"And you're fun to mess with, honey!", she finishes as she grabs a stuffed Junimo and tosses it at Bobbi while hunkered down behind the tank. More giggles.

Bobbi grabs the stuffed ammunition and loads up on some more and quite a bit of running, throwing, laughing and general silliness ensues. Only a few Junimos ended up soggy, which made them better projectiles until the Coffee Plants got whacked and it was time to take things mostly almost serious again.

Don't mess with the Coffee.

Later that week, Emily noticed the distinct odor of Blueberries in the Shed and asked Bobbi how many were needed for her collection. Bobbi eventually took the hint that they weren't Emily's favorite and maybe she could part with a few.

"OK finefine, whatever I'll clear some space," Bobbi said mock exasperatedly. "If I haaave tooo." Emily hip-bumped Bobbi and left.
monoculture.JPG

Hm, maybe I should listen to Emms more often.

It rained a lot this week which made for more indoor family fishwatching time, with Bobbi and Emily keeping an eye on each other in case someone brandishes a stuffed animal.
fishwatching.JPG

And Bobbi made an Anvil (!) in order to recolor her favorite cave diving buddy (uh because apparently anvils work that way...?) and he ended up being a rainbowfroggie on the first try!
multifrog.JPG

"Ooo look, he's the color of your knees when you get back from Skull Cavern," Emily starts. "No wait, now he's the color of that bruise you got from the pillow fight!"

And the Blue Discus continued to deliver fun, different things trying to convince Bobbi that they're totally the bestest fish, not those flashy Stingrays.

fishpond.JPG

......ehhh mostly.

Squelching into the Farmhouse, only slightly dampened through to the bone by the incessant rain, Bobbi muses out loud, "I have 51 Golden Coconuts already, just how many Island Bikini Tops do I need?"

Appearing almost magically around the corner from the Catalog nook with an aura of mischief, Emily declares, "All of them of course! So we can set up a swim shop and sell them, what do you think?" Bobbi opens her mouth to answer but Emily puts a finger to Bobbi's lips to silence her. "And you have to model them in the window," she finishes with a devilish smile and wink.

Last edited:

Maher

Sodbuster
I found another reason to want to kill Qi. My current save is for a farmer who keeps kosher. So I had the "someone is waiting on level 100" and the "Skull cavern invasion" quests both active and I completed them, forgetting that the reward for "someone is waiting" is to be forced to drink Iridium Snake Milk. No way that that isn't treyf!

So pro tip: if your Farmer keeps kosher, cancel "Someone is waiting."

Shomer went to the Mikveh (bathhouse) afterwards.

20240501230031_1.jpg

The farthest I've ever made it in Junimo Endless. I never even made it past the Ghastly Galleon until 2 minutes ago! Final score was 87,300.

20240429121622_1.jpg

Also found a fun little animation that is either new to 1.6, or is a reward for never even going into JojaMart before it was demolished. Or maybe a reward for never using Fizz's services; who BTW doesn't seem to bothered by never being paid at any point.

Last edited:
Finally Maxed out my Infinity Blade with the Meowmere Skin and got the rare green logo.

Also asking if anyone else has this bug that happens when summoning the horse. Sometimes, when I summon it, my character's sprite moves without moving his legs and I can't do anything for a bit. I already reported this bug to the main bug thread a few times. I'm just asking if anyone else ever had this problem.

Attachments

JuniperSkyy

Sodbuster
Played some Stardew last night.... :smug:
Got about 47K gold IN 2 NIGHTS (this is the most money I've gotten at once on this save. I am halfway through summer year 2)
Bought a sheep, just need 1 large goat milk to complete the Pantry room (After that, all I have left is the Bulletin board, with the chef and enchanter's bundle)
Got a mayo machine
got to lvl 105 in mines (SO CLOSE TO THE END)
I'm pleased with myself

Im about to play again today, I'll update afterwards