1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

zMerry

Farmhand
Prehistoric scapula is dropped by skeletons rather than haunted skulls.
The skeletons have a base chance of 0.5% to drop one (1% with the burglars ring equipped). The bone nodes have a 0.8% chance.

For the artifact spots , the wiki says it's more likely to show up if you get a spot in cindersnap forest (3-6% depending on season with the best chances being summer and fall) than in Pelican Town (0.7%).
ahhh, so I'll probably just focus on the skeletons then, thanks!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
So tonight, heavily pregnant me did some business on Ginger Island, stayed at the island for the night, and gave birth during the night. Since there's no crib in the island hut, I suppose the parrots carried the baby up to the farmhouse. Luckily, my husband will be at home to take care of the newborn, right? So anyway, still having some tropical fish to catch, I prolong my stay on the island and settle on the dock for a fishing session. And who do I see coming out of Willy's boat to enjoy a day at the beach?

The very guy who asked to have a child :sebastian:

Father of the Year Award there, Seb :hmph:
Parrot delivery does sound better than stork delivery!

And yeah, Penny just leaves little Cameron to wander through the house all day while I'm out farming and such. I wouldn't mind but Cam seems to like the keg room where I brew up all my pale ale, beer, and wine. (Sorry. Penny, but at least your mother likes visiting us now..)

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
So tonight, heavily pregnant me did some business on Ginger Island, stayed at the island for the night, and gave birth during the night. Since there's no crib in the island hut, I suppose the parrots carried the baby up to the farmhouse. Luckily, my husband will be at home to take care of the newborn, right? So anyway, still having some tropical fish to catch, I prolong my stay on the island and settle on the dock for a fishing session. And who do I see coming out of Willy's boat to enjoy a day at the beach?

The very guy who asked to have a child :sebastian:

Father of the Year Award there, Seb :hmph:
lol 😂

Lew Zealand

Helper
Sooooooooooooo..........

Yeah.

Thing happened.

90.JPG

This is already suspicious.

Also this is just about to happen:

BobbiCellar.jpg

And a number of other things I'm gonna break out into a separate post to follow on from the ones I wrote about a week ago. But it's late and as in Stardew,

There is always tomorrow.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Sooooooooooooo..........

Yeah.

Thing happened.

View attachment 23278

This is already suspicious.

Also this is just about to happen:

View attachment 23279

And a number of other things I'm gonna break out into a separate post to follow on from the ones I wrote about a week ago. But it's late and as in Stardew,

There is always tomorrow.
Lew you are about to hit perfection in a meh style playthrough *tsk tsk*

No really you go Lew! 🥳😍

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lew you are about to hit perfection in a meh style playthrough *tsk tsk*

No really you go Lew! 🥳😍
You know what? Meh playstyle helped this along quite a bit. I don't get things and then sell them as I don't need the g. Which means almost everything just accumulates in Chests, which comes in handy later. With a slower playstyle, g accumulates more slowly but the play also moves more slowly so the g accumulates on it's own anyway. I have 5.7M right now before the Starfroot Wine sell and I'm just doing regular Farm stuff:

• 3 Crops/season and Winters off
• Pet and process animal products once every other day, just let 'em outside on the between days.
• Grab Treefroot and scythe Greenhouse twice a week
• Scythe Ginger blobfarm twice a week (LOL it's more Trees now!)

That leaves quite a bit of time for side things (in order of importance):

Visit Sandy every day for rotating Shirt selection
Any Festivals/Events
Visit Robin for another Fish Pond (6 now?)
Tailoring
House design and rearrangement
Raccoon quests
Qi Quest if it's one I like (I have 154 Qi coins and a Chest full of Qi Stuff I'm not using)
Special Orders Board
Help Wanted Board

So I started looking at doing all the things I'd never done before, frankly I'd been ignoring them, especially Cooking. LOL did you know that Jodi has special dialog if you start doing a lot of cooking? That was fun!

I was at about 40% Perfection when I looked at the list and frankly it was:

Shipping was where it started and was the most daunting so I needed to try this first. It took a WHILE. I had lots of things but freakin' IDENTIFYING the missing stuff! Small Goat Milk was the toughie as I never saved one. I had to mildly annoy the Goat for like a season and a half before it produced a small one. I even tried to pelt it with Blueberries (the renewable Ammo!) from the Sling but you cant hit your animals! Sorry for that, I was desperate but the game saved me from myself.
• 4 Monsters needed finishing (I picked up 3 of these just from doing Qi quests and getting those monsters along the way). Had to grind for the Pepper Rexes but that's an excuse to BOMBBB Skull Cavern, so no biggie.
Cooking. This was surprisingly easy because of keeping everything (as mentioned above). I was only missing 4 Fish and 4 Crops so I bought Pierre's Missing Stocklist (those extra Qi coins coming in handy) and fished Summer to Fall and at Ginger to get missing Fish. Planted crops at Ginger (loads of extra space) and done!
Crafting. This was tougher as the game doesn't track it in a visual way. So I just made everything I knew I hadn't made (again, keeping/not selling everything really helped) and put them in 2 Chests to make sure. But hm, still missing some so checked Stardew Checkup and they were 3 recipes from Ginger. Facepalm, I remember now thinking I'll never need those! 2 from Qi (easy, have extra coines, poke), and 1 from Dwarf. Done.
• Had 2 Obelisks for a while so make the other 2 a few seasons ago and even used them a couple of times to go Fishing for the Cooking!
Walnuts. Yeah didn't go too badly, not my favorite though. Hm, was it worse than Shipping? Edit: because the Walnuts are an active thing, I'm going to give Shipping the Worst™ label, but I think the Walnuts may be the most Wiki-requiring part of this.

The rest I'd already done anyway or was very close (Fishing, Museum, Friends) and I was up to 67% and then 85% pretty quickly. Just waiting on the Clock and it's time will come. The key thing here is TIME. I have the time. You have the time. You can choose to make the time.

That's what I choose. Make a Farm that takes a small part of my day and includes fun things every day (visiting Sandy, attending all events, etc.). Allowing myself to kill an entire 2 days in a row in the Farmhouse rearranging things. Everything will keep.

I will spend a glorious day at the summit with Emily but it will come when I feel like it and that could be years, which is fine. I still gotta house to design better.

And the Farm is still undesigned. I have ideas but I don't like to commit to them until I fall in love with an idea. Year 5, Year 6, we'll see, lotsa future out there just waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Draconifors

Sodbuster
A lot happened today!

Reached level 10 in the last three skills (mining, combat, and foraging), bought animals (one or two of each type), completed a bunch of quests, crafted geode crushers and opened the 200+ geodes I had accumulated over the course of the game so far (I've only had Clint open mystery boxes), had the bus fixed, discovered and activated a panel, made and spent a lot of money, smoked lots and lots and lots of fish (but still have a pile left to smoke), and repositioned and painted farm buildings.

I need to go fish for cave jellies tomorrow (one fish smoker is not enough, and I have other jellies), and go to the desert to get some cactus fruit for a furry creature.

Edit: Oh, and made lots of wine and juice and jam.

Last edited:
I had the weirdest neutral luck days while playing today.

One was Sandy's birthday. I needed the extra heart to unlock her soup recipe, plus my lava eels wanted a specific mineral I didn't have and I was running low on iron ore (again), so I decided to head to SC while I was already in the dessert. The first five floors had exposed staircases; the sixth floor was infested with purple slimes that kept dropping coal and irridium ore (plus a whole irridium, bar); I got over a dozen omni geodes (one of which had the mineral I was looking for!) and hit a prehistoric infested floor full of irridium bats that gave me even more irridum ore (I also got plenty of iron, gold, and copper), an ancient seed, and another fossil for the museum.

The day after the fair, I accepted the ectoplasm quest. The next day was another neutral day, and I picked up a request from the wizard to kill two ghosts since I'd be ghost hunting anyway. I got the ghosts, plus two more (one of which dropped the ectoplasm) along with three diamonds and several other gems, two bone swords, and a ruby ring. I also came across a dungeon floor layout I haven't seen before, and that's always neat.

I also got a giant pumpkin, finished my beehive island (I'm playing a riverland farm for the first time. I chose it strictly for the duck swimming possibilities and it has not disappointed!), and got my first animal cracker for this save.

Attachments

Does anyone else with the pets would interact with respective pet decorations?

I got the dark cat tree a long time ago, but learned very late that it will never be used.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Played my original save that's in the middle of Fall, year 4. Feeling overwhelmed by the farm and am tempted to pare down operations next year. While I initially liked moving the cows to the far-bottom-left island (Riverside Farm), they're still destroying the grass as fast as I can plant it, and having to go all the way down there every day is a drag. I usually ignore that corner of the map aside from check-ins on my bees. I'm toying with a couple of ideas, one of which is to move to the barn nearer the house and replacing my first expansion field (immediately in front of the cave) with it, then putting the expansion field in that corner. I have sprinklers so I'd just need to check on crops periodically. Another idea is to turn the Big Island dedicated to cash crops into my animal island. That would eliminate one of my major issues, chickens and ducks constantly getting in my way. Would be a lot of work ,though. I've been looking at other riverside farm layouts and using that central island for animals appears common. It's also clear to me that other players don't have NEAR as big a farm as I do: I have stuff planted on literally every island, and at this point that's kind of silly because it's not as though I need the money. I am looking forward to winter and the reduction of chores: I need to get back to the 'story', because I'd unlocked the sewers and gotten some kind of goblin quest but not made any progress on it. I also haven't explored much of Ginger Island.

JuniperSkyy

Sodbuster
So I played on my randomized bundles, randomized mines items, .25, beach w monster spawn chaotic farm with my friend yesterday.
We made like no money and it's killing me
But we got the sticky sap bundle so thats easy, AND THEN WE GOT MASTER FISHERS BUNDLE AAH
Mostly all we did was get to like lvl 25 in the mines, and grow some crops.
We are racing to marry Sam, but he is just gonna try to get him out of spite lol

Draconifors

Sodbuster
Finished the community center, and received close to 10 recipe letters from NPCs the following morning. :laugh:

Did some exploring in the Skull Cavern, reaching level 34. Now stocking up on staircases (which I had never used until now, and had expected I wouldn't need them at any point) and jade so I can get to 100.

Harvested about 130 starfruit, which resulted in my biggest-ever overnight earnings.

Also got my first mastery star, but I'm not sure what exactly contributes to the bar. Not interested in reading details, either.

There's so much going on and to do now...

Draconifors

Sodbuster
Finished upgrading my house, but most rooms are empty and all of my flower decorations are still where I placed them when I had a level 1 house.

Was disappointed I couldn't use floorings or wallpapers in the cellar. Took a long time to find a combo I liked for the above-ground rooms, there were so many options.

Purchased a Void Egg so I could get Void Mayonnaise, only for the witch to give me one maybe a week later. Waste of money. :moneybag:
I had been waiting for the witch event for quite a while before giving up and buying the egg.

Finished the last non-desert monster slayer goal (slimes). I still have one monster type, the last one on the list, as ???, which I guess means I haven't gotten far down enough in the skull cavern, or it's in a different dungeon.
My jade generation is going well, so I'll be able to staircase my way to floor 100 soon enough.

The Fair will be in a few days, and I hope I have enough different quality items to get first prize.
Year 1, so last year, I somehow scored a few points without displaying a single item. :laugh:

PS. I received a quest that I have no clue how to complete. I'm not going to look it up, so I'll just try different items. Starting with a fish.

Oh, and I forgot a major achievement: hit 1 million in total earnings. :moneybag: :moneybag:

JuniperSkyy

Sodbuster
Well. I did Skull cavern for the first time... And died cuz a bunch of serpents mobbed me.😭 But, I got the lava katana, upgraded my big barn to deluxe barn, and finished the greenhouse.
THEN.... On level about 58, I got a PRISMATIC SHARD. FROM KILLING A SLIME!!!! this was my first shard, so I was super happy about it.
I am now on the last day of summer of year 2

Draconifors

Sodbuster
I went skull cavern diving as well. Had stocked up on staircases and jade, and was able to easily reach floor 100. Collected a whole bunch of iridium, and even a dinosaur egg (those Pepper Rexes have funny names, but they hurt a lot), along the way.

Unlocked Ginger Island. Didn't get very far there, but I liked the music so much I used my mini jukebox to set is as my house music.
The island seems quite interesting, and the tropical setting is a nice change.

A meteor struck my farm, yielding sweet loot.

My lone pig somehow had a baby. The other parent has to be a cow, a sheep, or a goat...

Still no clue how what to "feed" that one thing... my one idea didn't work. There's probably a hint somewhere that I haven't found.

Had Robin start on a fish pond, so that once winter comes (in two or three days) I can put a sturgeon there for that valuable (but definitely way overrated in real life) caviar.

Did indeed get first place in the Fair competition.

Started on decorating my house. Not much yet (mostly various potted plants and paintings), but I'm in no hurry.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
My dear farmer friendsssssss, I'm so happy
I went deep diving inside skull cavern in search of auto-petters. 2 magic rock candies, 5 golden star ginger ales, two combined rings with 1 lucky ring on each, A BUNCH OF STAIRS
I was finding a lot of chests, yes, but no auto-petters.
I restarted the day four times! And oh boy, did the fourth time favor me

I WAS SO LUCKY. I GOT FIVE!!! FIVEEEEEE!!! auto-petters

View attachment 23248
Huzzah!!!

That is one amazing run, very lucky indeed, congrats!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
While wandering around during the green rain, I saw a question mark near the big tree stump and it said I could 'fix it up' with hardwood. Is that new? I gave it hardwood and now there's a racoon demanding smoked salmon. I was confused so I checked out the wiki. The rewards definitely aren't on par with the demands -- I'm not buying a fish smoker just for 25 powermelon seeds or whatever. :grin:

Lew Zealand

Helper
…but I'm in no hurry.
Sage words.

While wandering around during the green rain, I saw a question mark near the big tree stump and it said I could 'fix it up' with hardwood. Is that new? I gave it hardwood and now there's a racoon demanding smoked salmon. I was confused so I checked out the wiki. The rewards definitely aren't on par with the demands -- I'm not buying a fish smoker just for 25 powermelon seeds or whatever. :grin:
Yes that's a new v1.6 thing and there are some decent rewards which is more raccoons in the Valley! Also the 5th request reward is top tier as it fits my Farmhouse design perfectly. The Raccoons are there to drive you to get the new v1.6 Fish Smoker and Dehydrator in the same way the Community Center bundles drive you to grow Crops and build a Coop and Barn and make an Oil Maker, etc. Drives engagement with new content, not really new ways to make g.

One of the best examples of this was pointed out by someone here: The new seeds we can dig up from the green Artifact Spot worms aren't really valuable. Except for early game Energy, they're quite good for that and I totally missed it. It was the same for Spring Onions, I never "got" their purpose until someone pointed out that they serve a function in the game other than making lotsa g.

Last edited: