1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Congrats! Now off to skull cavern! Make sure to bring tons of food, bombs and at least a lava katana if not galaxy.
I suggest you go slime hunting first and get the slime charmer ring. I just did that on my throwaway save (the one I insisted that I was going to stop playing) and I'm finally hitting skull cavern before volcano dungeon. It's a very weird feeling.

zMerry

Farmhand
If you have Ginger Island open, use a Luck Buff food or drink and crack open the Bone Nodes in the Dig Site, you'll find the bone-related items quick!
Best bet are pepper rexes in Skull cavern. They drop ribs, tibulas, and vertebrae
My bad, just checked and it's the prehistoric scapula I'm missing.
I've been mining the bone nodes on ginger island, digging artifact spots in Pelican town and also killing skulls in the quarry dungeon but still haven't found it. :/

The luck buff suggestion is a good one and I'll try that. :)

stardew_luv

Planter
I've been mining the bone nodes on ginger island, digging artifact spots in Pelican town and also killing skulls in the quarry dungeon but still haven't found it. :/

The luck buff suggestion is a good one and I'll try that. :)
You can get prehistoric scapula in mini quarry on ginger island.

Odyssey

Sodbuster
Prehistoric scapula is dropped by skeletons rather than haunted skulls.
The skeletons have a base chance of 0.5% to drop one (1% with the burglars ring equipped). The bone nodes have a 0.8% chance.

For the artifact spots , the wiki says it's more likely to show up if you get a spot in cindersnap forest (3-6% depending on season with the best chances being summer and fall) than in Pelican Town (0.7%).

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I got a dinosaur egg! Playing my original save and I'm midway through year 4. Accidentally hit a desert totem around noon, so I figured I might as well get some gold etc out of it. Got down 20+ levels and I saw one dinosaur. I've always only ever run into them on the prehistoric levels where they're all over the place, but this one was all by itself so I ran to the side while it was spitting fire and then killed it. My first killed dino and first dino egg -- what are the odds? Right now the egg is in storage: I'm trying to decide if I should build a second coop or sell one of my ducks. The only reason I had ducks to begin with was to get feathers for the CC. For the moment I'm doing some farm rearrangment. This was a Riverside farm, and there were some farm object placement decisions I made at the time due to overgrowth that I now degree. For instance, my silo was an an island by itself, right in front of grandpa's shrine. My barn was on another small island (the one immediately below the house) that meant I was constantly having to buy grass starter. Meanwhile, in the bottom left corner I had one island that used to be completely overgrown, but which I had turned into a tree farm. I have 3000+ wood in chests, so cleared out Tree Island and moved the barn and silo there. Not sure what I'll do with old "Cow Island": I may vary it. Right now I'm putting it in wheat so I can build up my hay stores for winter.

VampireCake

Rancher
I've given up trying to keep my maples and replaced all the untapped ones with mystic trees.

On the positive side I went through all my shirts and I'm only missing two, which are apparently random-cosmetic-item-drop-only, so hopefully they'll show up eventually.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've given up trying to keep my maples and replaced all the untapped ones with mystic trees.

On the positive side I went through all my shirts and I'm only missing two, which are apparently random-cosmetic-item-drop-only, so hopefully they'll show up eventually.
Are you still getting that problem/bug where your Maples turn into the leafless scraggly trees on Fall 1? I meant to look as I finally made it back to Fall 1 and didn't notice so I have to assume that mine aren't doing that. This seems like a very annoying game bug, I guess you're stuck with the other Trees then. Mystic Trees are cool though so at least you have something interesting to plant!

...that take forever to grow.

stardew_luv

Planter
Yesterday my husband streamed my iPad through my computer through steam. It played 1.6 just fine on my iPad, mods and all. I don’t know what on earth the hang up is with mobile, it’s obviously ready to go. Who knows. But I thought it was way cool.

VampireCake

Rancher
Are you still getting that problem/bug where your Maples turn into the leafless scraggly trees on Fall 1? I meant to look as I finally made it back to Fall 1 and didn't notice so I have to assume that mine aren't doing that. This seems like a very annoying game bug, I guess you're stuck with the other Trees then. Mystic Trees are cool though so at least you have something interesting to plant!

...that take forever to grow.
Yeah. From what info I've manged to find, it's apparently not a bug, or at least not completely - it's the 'trees lose leaves in fall' feature, it doesn't seem to make sense why they're not just the bare maple sprite though. It's apparently a random % chance each day for maple and oak, which is why trees I've replanted have changed again. I've tried poking into the content patcher to see if I could just change the sprites but I'm beyond hopeless with this stuff. Hopefully someone smarter than me also dislikes it enough to make a mod. :grumpy:

Rancher
So tonight, heavily pregnant me did some business on Ginger Island, stayed at the island for the night, and gave birth during the night. Since there's no crib in the island hut, I suppose the parrots carried the baby up to the farmhouse. Luckily, my husband will be at home to take care of the newborn, right? So anyway, still having some tropical fish to catch, I prolong my stay on the island and settle on the dock for a fishing session. And who do I see coming out of Willy's boat to enjoy a day at the beach?

The very guy who asked to have a child :sebastian:

Father of the Year Award there, Seb :hmph:

ArthurManenti

Farmhand
My dear farmer friendsssssss, I'm so happy
I went deep diving inside skull cavern in search of auto-petters. 2 magic rock candies, 5 golden star ginger ales, two combined rings with 1 lucky ring on each, A BUNCH OF STAIRS
I was finding a lot of chests, yes, but no auto-petters.
I restarted the day four times! And oh boy, did the fourth time favor me

I WAS SO LUCKY. I GOT FIVE!!! FIVEEEEEE!!! auto-petters

20240507023653_1.jpg