1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Solid plan! Most of what I'm doing is post community center and trying my best to make farm renovations. I just gotta stay focused and quit wandering off to the mines!
Adventure calls! There's something oddly addictive about mining and killing critters -- except slimes. I really hate slimes.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Are you on the riverland farm? Since you're talking about various islands.

I'm on year 5, recently caught all the fish (this is after coming to this forum explicitly to beg for help because I could not catch an eel). This is the furthest I've gotten on a save file. I have 48 very happy rabbits! I need more names if I'm going to get more.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Are you on the riverland farm? Since you're talking about various islands.

I'm on year 5, recently caught all the fish (this is after coming to this forum explicitly to beg for help because I could not catch an eel). This is the furthest I've gotten on a save file. I have 48 very happy rabbits! I need more names if I'm going to get more.
Yes! I didn't realize what that meant at the time. I saw river and thought "River good", and that was it. It's been a learning experience.

Yesterday was 26 Summer, and boy! I went over 100K gold for the first time, and celebrated by expanding my coop (to be followed by the barn) and completing the vault in the community center. Now I can explore the desert. :D Also in this last half of summer, I got a HORSE (gotta go fast, gotta go fast!) and a silo. Things are going good. I don't think I can complete the community center in year 2 (unless I find a few things from the traveling cart), but maybe early year 3. Also got to ten hearts with Penny & Leah. I gave Abigail a fairy flower and she's like "Thanks for the snack! :) " :hmph:

Bawby

Planter
Yes! I didn't realize what that meant at the time. I saw river and thought "River good", and that was it. It's been a learning experience.

Yesterday was 26 Summer, and boy! I went over 100K gold for the first time, and celebrated by expanding my coop (to be followed by the barn) and completing the vault in the community center. Now I can explore the desert. :D Also in this last half of summer, I got a HORSE (gotta go fast, gotta go fast!) and a silo. Things are going good. I don't think I can complete the community center in year 2 (unless I find a few things from the traveling cart), but maybe early year 3. Also got to ten hearts with Penny & Leah.
You're moving right along! Some mighty fine things to find in the desert.
I gave Abigail a fairy flower and she's like "Thanks for the snack! :)" :hmph:
:grin:

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I collected iridium from statues of endless fortune for 15 years in game but I have enough now, also got a neat 1700 shards from it
Holy cow! I see iridium and prismatic shards a lot in late-game playthroughs but I don't know what they do. Do you get bored in the late game after fully expanding out a farm? I did buy 5 iridium ores from the Friday/Sunday wagon but have nothing to do with them currently.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I think I may be able to buy the gold clock soon, which will be interesting. That and seven golden walnuts are the goals remaining for perfection, but I don't know where two of the remaining walnuts are. Oh, well. I always did say I never really wanted to hit 100% perfection.

Odyssey

Tiller
I think I may be able to buy the gold clock soon, which will be interesting. That and seven golden walnuts are the goals remaining for perfection, but I don't know where two of the remaining walnuts are. Oh, well. I always did say I never really wanted to hit 100% perfection.
Have you tried asking the parrot in Leo's hut for walnut hints to help you figure out which ones you're missing?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Made my first trip to the desert last night, but it was largely uneventful: I found some cactus fruits and coconuts, tried fishing in vain, met Sandy and bought some seeds for next year (incuding rhubard), and explored a couple of layers of the skull cave. I will probably address that more in winter. Fall is very busy with all my fields. I'm ready for the fall festival, with nine gold-star fruits and vegetables. I've started fishing more in earnest to finish the community center, and now am only short an ocean fish (tilapia) and two of the 'special' fish, a ghostfish and another one. I know I can get a ghostfish in the mines, as I've done it before. My goal is to level up my fishing so I can get the iridium rod, so I can really take advantage of the submarine fishing during the night market. Last time I paid $1000, caught a single squid thanks to my woeful fishing ability, gave it to Willie, and was dismayed when it didn't count for the ongoing quest. I finally gave Sebastian a gift he didn't dislike, a void egg. He's the only one of the townsfolk I have almost no relationship with. I also found Starfruit seeds somewhere -- either from Sandy's or the traveling cart. I had 3 before, because I got a Starfruit from someone and stuck it in the seed maker. The big disappointment is that I forgot about an Rare Seed I had in my garden chest: I was a few days into fall before I remembered it, and according to the notes it takes 'all season' to grow. Next year, I guess. :-/ Oh, and my oak resin taps are starting to come out, so I have multiple kegs producing various kinds of wine. I plan to continue expanding those, since I have a chest full of fruit -- from my foraging, farms, and fruitbat cave.

Last edited:

Bawby

Planter
Made my first trip to the desert last night, but it was largely uneventful: I found some cactus fruits and coconuts, tried fishing in vain, met Sandy and bought some seeds for next year (incuding rhubard), and explored a couple of layers of the skull cave. I will probably address that more in winter. Fall is very busy with all my fields. I'm ready for the fall festival, with nine gold-star fruits and vegetables. I've started fishing more in earnest to finish the community center, and now am only short an ocean fish (tilapia) and two of the 'special' fish, a ghostfish and another one. I know I can get a ghostfish in the mines, as I've done it before. My goal is to level up my fishing so I can get the iridium rod, so I can really take advantage of the submarine fishing during the night market. Last time I paid $1000, caught a single squid thanks to my woeful fishing ability, gave it to Willie, and was dismayed when it didn't count for the ongoing quest. I finally gave Sebastian a gift he didn't dislike, a void egg. He's the only one of the townsfolk I have almost no relationship with. I also found Starfruit seeds somewhere -- either from Sandy's or the traveling cart. I had 3 before, because I got a Starfruit from someone and stuck it in the seed maker. The big disappointment is that I forgot about an Rare Seed I had in my garden chest: I was a few days into fall before I remembered it, and according to the notes it takes 'all season' to grow. Next year, I guess. :-/ Oh, and my oak resin taps are starting to come out, so I have multiple kegs producing various kinds of wine. I plan to continue expanding those, since I have a chest full of fruit -- from my foraging, farms, and fruitbat cave.
Great plan! I think Peacefield Farm is gonna flourish.
The skull cave is definitely the main event in the desert. Useful items found there to say the least. Other items can be found in the desert, but requires a bit of sleuthing to discover.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Have you tried asking the parrot in Leo's hut for walnut hints to help you figure out which ones you're missing?
I know I'm missing the singing crystals and two dart games. I found one I had missed on the west beach after rewatching Wickedy's speedrun. But the last one is supposedly buried in the north - and I really thought I had gotten all of those already.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Holy cow! I see iridium and prismatic shards a lot in late-game playthroughs but I don't know what they do. Do you get bored in the late game after fully expanding out a farm? I did buy 5 iridium ores from the Friday/Sunday wagon but have nothing to do with them currently.
Nah I quite enjoy playing into the post game, honestly it’s early game I can’t stand, nowadays I just skip the first year of progress just to speedrun the mid game on ginger island where I have far more fun.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Well,I blew up my farm for the first time. I was trying to collect mayonnaise and heard a hissing, and wondered "WTF?" and then....well, let's just say I quit without saving. :laugh:

As fall ended, I nearly had 200K gold, partly because I was too busy to Robins and Marnies to spend the money. Ten days into winter, though, my coop and barn are full expanded, and I've now added pigs, rabbits, and sheep to my holdings. The rabbits have already contributed wool, and with a loom I've gotten two weird shirts. I need to watch some videos about the tailoring to see how to get what I want. On the first day of winter the juminis fixed the greenhouse, annnnnnnnnnd since I thoughtfully prepared strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry seeds during their seasons, I'm fixed to continue pumping out wine and preserves all winter.

Bundle are going REALLY well. I need aquamarine (keep going into the mines and smashing boxes for that, a shad (have to wait for spring rain), a maki roll (...:-/), and pig truffles. Then voila! Joja will be no more. Once spring arrives I should be able to knock out the shad and truffle, and I'm hoping to encounter maki rolls at the traveling cart at some point but haven't seen it yet. I've ten-hearted....Abigail, Penny, Leah, Emily, Pam, and Alex. Hayley is the last bachelorette I'll ten heart, I think, but I'm still debating between Abigail and Penny for wifing up. Penny has overtly said "I can't wait to see your farm in the spring", so....we shall see.

NoirNeverSore

Sodbuster
Well,I blew up my farm for the first time. I was trying to collect mayonnaise and heard a hissing, and wondered "WTF?" and then....well, let's just say I quit without saving. :laugh:

As fall ended, I nearly had 200K gold, partly because I was too busy to Robins and Marnies to spend the money. Ten days into winter, though, my coop and barn are full expanded, and I've now added pigs, rabbits, and sheep to my holdings. The rabbits have already contributed wool, and with a loom I've gotten two weird shirts. I need to watch some videos about the tailoring to see how to get what I want. On the first day of winter the juminis fixed the greenhouse, annnnnnnnnnd since I thoughtfully prepared strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry seeds during their seasons, I'm fixed to continue pumping out wine and preserves all winter.

Bundle are going REALLY well. I need aquamarine (keep going into the mines and smashing boxes for that, a shad (have to wait for spring rain), a maki roll (...:-/), and pig truffles. Then voila! Joja will be no more. Once spring arrives I should be able to knock out the shad and truffle, and I'm hoping to encounter maki rolls at the traveling cart at some point but haven't seen it yet. I've ten-hearted....Abigail, Penny, Leah, Emily, Pam, and Alex. Hayley is the last bachelorette I'll ten heart, I think, but I'm still debating between Abigail and Penny for wifing up. Penny has overtly said "I can't wait to see your farm in the spring", so....we shall see.
Penny is already making wedding plans, she just hasn't brought it up yet :laugh:

As a lady, I know