1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I FINISHED THE COMMUNITY CENTER! I crashed into bed at one am just like a proper farmer. Had no idea. One minute it's 7:00 pm and I'm like "Okay, let's play a couple of days of winter" and then when I exited the game at Spring 10 it was one am.:grin: I had 200K in the bank before the end of year 2, and had earned a million on spring 3. Grandpa showed up, but I thought that was end of year 3? Someone mailed me the maki rolls, the pigs did the truffles, and I found the last item -- aquamarine -- in the dark part of the mine. My goals for year 2 were to get a stable, a coop, and hopefully a barn. I ended the year with the stable, a maxed out barn, a maxed out coop, and a mill. The only goal I didn't complete was re-imposing order on all my chests.

Also, at the Feast of the Winter Star: I gave Marnie a diamond. Gus gave me....a beer.

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Farmer
Love your idea @smellincoffee! I'm a Simmer too and always enjoyed those threads there.

I also love your game plan! I'm a game planner too! I make literal lists of things I plan to do next. I had an 11-year farm that I had reached about 86% completion (you are a bit away from knowing how to know that). I started over for my YT channel. I'm on day 4 Spring year 4. My last adventure included releasing a guy who was trapped in a cave in a part of the game you haven't reached yet. I didn't plan very well and it took me three full days of spring to get my crops in but they are doing well which is why I took off for some exploring. And gift giving of course. Always gift giving.

That Gus... Funny thing - on my last Feast of the Winter Star, Pam was my secret gift giver and I EXPECTED her to give me a beer. She didn't. She actually gave me a very good gift!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Love your idea @smellincoffee! I'm a Simmer too and always enjoyed those threads there.

I also love your game plan! I'm a game planner too! I make literal lists of things I plan to do next. I had an 11-year farm that I had reached about 86% completion (you are a bit away from knowing how to know that). I started over for my YT channel. I'm on day 4 Spring year 4. My last adventure included releasing a guy who was trapped in a cave in a part of the game you haven't reached yet. I didn't plan very well and it took me three full days of spring to get my crops in but they are doing well which is why I took off for some exploring. And gift giving of course. Always gift giving.

That Gus... Funny thing - on my last Feast of the Winter Star, Pam was my secret gift giver and I EXPECTED her to give me a beer. She didn't. She actually gave me a very good gift!
I'll have to check that out once I'm home from work! Does Stardew influence your Sims playing any? I haven't played since the new update (it won't load houses with mods turned on , and I am not playing without MCC), but have some bachelorettes saved to my library and was working on creating a version of my farmer's house in TS1...as close as I could, anyway.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I read a secret note that said "go to the secret forest with may-pull sirrup". From the spelling I thought it was our friend the hat-man, so I took maple syrup down to him. No interest. Then I realized it said secret forest, so I wandered in, and.....there was a bear! And now my strawberries and blackberries are going to sell for 3x. :happy: Definitely good news considering that strawberries were what really made my year two get off to its running start. Will have to look at numbers to see if bear-knowledge strawberries are worth processing into wine and preserves, since the wiki says that aristan goods are not affected. It looks like 3x strawberries will be better than preserves, but if the strawberries are of any quality other than normal they're worth making into wine. Of course, if strawberries are in the kegs then I can't put other things in the kegs, so I may just sell them outright. With the greenhouse I've no shortage of alternatives for preserves and wine!

Bawby

Planter
I read a secret note that said "go to the secret forest with may-pull sirrup". From the spelling I thought it was our friend the hat-man, so I took maple syrup down to him. No interest. Then I realized it said secret forest, so I wandered in, and.....there was a bear! And now my strawberries and blackberries are going to sell for 3x. :happy: Definitely good news considering that strawberries were what really made my year two get off to its running start. Will have to look at numbers to see if bear-knowledge strawberries are worth processing into wine and preserves, since the wiki says that aristan goods are not affected. It looks like 3x strawberries will be better than preserves, but if the strawberries are of any quality other than normal they're worth making into wine. Of course, if strawberries are in the kegs then I can't put other things in the kegs, so I may just sell them outright. With the greenhouse I've no shortage of alternatives for preserves and wine!
Bad news. It's salmonberries, not strawberries. I wish it were strawberries. That would be suh-weet! But not meant to be...
P.S. Bear Knowledge only affects selling outright, not artisan goods.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Bad news. It's salmonberries, not strawberries. I wish it were strawberries. That would be suh-weet! But not meant to be...
P.S. Bear Knowledge only affects selling outright, not artisan goods.
That makes more sense considering they're both foragables. Thanks for the correction & clarification on artisanal goods. :)

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
So, funny story - I've been building single farmer Harvest Moon families since before Stardew Valley was made. I would make totally decked out farms in Sims and Sims 2. I like to recreate games in other games. I find Sims 3 and 4 to be too glitchy/buggy.
I'm the same way with inserting some games into other games. Some of my favorite Sims in Sims 2 & Sims 4 were recreations of the SimCity 3000 advisors, and I frequently try to create buildings from games in Sims. Once I figure out which of my mods is causing households not to load, I want to turn the holidays in Sims 4 into Stardew Valley ones...or close to them, anyway.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Halfway through summer 15, and things are pokin' along. Got married on Summer 9, to Penny. We never see each other. My farmer gets home after 1 am, and when he wakes up she's usually disappeared somewhere. Right now I'm working on the boat -- just need 21 more iridium ores. Unfortunately, every time I pick up a few in the skull cavern, I die. I haven't made it past level 6 down there, and that's with pockets of energy potions and spaghetti. (For some reason spaghetti was my farmer's food of choice for the mines....) I've maxed out my foraging (finally) and am about to max out fishing -- the last of which is surprising, because for the longest time (most of the game, until winter year 2) it was my weakest skill, at level 2. But I've found I like doing it at the end of the day, or sometimes before the day begins. It's especially nice to go to after being wiped out in the skull cavern.

I killed two big slimes and they became a lot of little slimes attacking from every angle. Lost 3 iridium ores and some smaller stuff .

Rhiannon

Farmer
I'll have to check that out once I'm home from work! Does Stardew influence your Sims playing any? I haven't played since the new update (it won't load houses with mods turned on , and I am not playing without MCC), but have some bachelorettes saved to my library and was working on creating a version of my farmer's house in TS1...as close as I could, anyway.
I don't cross over games like you mention later in this thread. To me, they are totally different games/experiences. To be honest, I haven't played TS for a while. Probably 2-3 years. I go in spurts in all games that have no endings. I started my YT channel a year ago so my gaming is more for recording the games I'm currently playing for it.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Quick update: I remembered that I had a master slingshot. Someone gave it to me, and I thought "Why would I want a slingshot when I have a SWORD?" Explosive ammo, that's why. I am inflicting vengeance on the slimes. The furthurest I got before the slingshot was to a dinosaur level (?!?!?), and since they were big and had flamethrowers in their mouth, I opted to leave them alone. Now I have a slingshot, so all bets are off. I also discovered a little cave near the quarry and took a golden scythe from a grim reaper statue. Guessing it gives bonus produce when I use it? Will find out when my wheat is ready.

Edit: Also, I have a prismatic thing in one of my chests. Apparently, that can be used for a stellar sword? Will investigate after work. Is it the best use of the prism things? I understand they're rare. I've only seen the one, and I've cracked a LOT of omnigeodes.

Last edited:

Jayamos

Farmer
Edit: Also, I have a prismatic thing in one of my chests. Apparently, that can be used for a stellar sword? Will investigate after work. Is it the best use of the prism things? I understand they're rare. I've only seen the one, and I've cracked a LOT of omnigeodes.
Yes to that sword! It will make your life easier. That said, monsters in SC aren’t for killing, they’re for dodging, though you’ll likely end up needing to kill some from time to time. Staircases are your friend.

Bawby

Planter
The furthurest I got before the slingshot was to a dinosaur level (?!?!?), and since they were big and had flamethrowers in their mouth, I opted to leave them alone. Now I have a slingshot, so all bets are off.
Should you kill one of those dinos and get an egg, it will say in the item description that Gunther can tell you more about it. Promptly ignore that message (should you wish) and incubate that sucker in the chicken coop if you have room! (again, only if you want to)
Happy hunting!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Halfway through fall, year three. I'm going to have earned 2 mill before the season is over -- I'm at 1.9 mil in total earnings right now, 700K in reserves. Just finished expanding the house so Penny can use the winter to make a baby if she wants. Got the sewer key from Gunther, got a quest from the wizard to chase down his wife and get some ink from her or something. Made it to level 20~ in the Skull Caves and even killed a dinosaur, but all it dropped was a bone and not an egg. Right now my current mission is to find my crystalarium because I'm positive I have one somewhere..... I have diamonds I want to reproduce.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Right now my current mission is to find my crystalarium because I'm positive I have one somewhere..... I have diamonds I want to reproduce.
Congrats!

I would, however, humbly suggest that you start by replicating jade to trade for staircases. That would get you farther along to making a second crystallarium, and then you can have MORE infinitely reproducing gemstones.

Jayamos

Farmer
Finally got the fourth dwarf scroll, so now I too can bomb recreationally. And the alien came by on my sale screen one night, always fun to see.