1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Floor_Banana

Greenhorn
Uhhhhhh hnghhhhn the going ons on my farm are annoying
On my largest save (year 4, mid fall) I have Elliott as my husband, but I'm getting annoyed because I want to upgrade my house again but can't FIND A WAY TO GET MORE FREAKING HARDWOOD so it's a struggle-
Also no matter how much money I make I always waste it on decor and hence struggle to actually buy stuff for my farm. :|

Elenna101

Farmer
Uhhhhhh hnghhhhn the going ons on my farm are annoying
On my largest save (year 4, mid fall) I have Elliott as my husband, but I'm getting annoyed because I want to upgrade my house again but can't FIND A WAY TO GET MORE FREAKING HARDWOOD so it's a struggle-
Also no matter how much money I make I always waste it on decor and hence struggle to actually buy stuff for my farm. :|
If you have an iron axe, the stumps in the secret woods respawn daily, so you could get enough hardwood in 13 days just from that. Also they may drop mahogany seeds, which grow up into mahogany trees that drop hardwood. (they grow pretty slowly though, tree fertilizer can help if you have that recipe)

I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.
This wasn't today but instead 3 days ago. I clay farmed on day 1, then upgraded my pickaxe on day 2, then clay farmed more on day 3 and 4. Once I have the time I'll go into the mines on day 5, for now I'm too busy with stuff to play stardew, that being work and ghosts and goblins resurrection.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It's now year 7 and this is probably my fourth major save file. I always take rancher and coopmaster instead of artisan, because I like to befriend my little bunnies as quickly as possible.

I have ONLY NOW just realized that with this setup, iridium large milk sells for more than the golden cheese it becomes after going through the cheese maker. This holds true for both cow and goat milk and cheese. If I want to make money off cheese rather than milk, I should age it in the cellar, which I am way too lazy to do.

Dang it. At least I eat half of my cow cheese - but I've been selling goat cheese for six in-game years, thinking that it was a nice little money-maker. And I've just been shooting myself in the foot this whole time.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I've been playing the hilltop farm map to see what it's like. I've found I like the early game more than I do playing after 3 years or so. So far I'm just in mid-summer of year 1 and am doing OK: the only thing I dislike about the hilltop farm is the distance to get water. I'm actually tempted to plant wells, which would be a first. Right now I've been focusing on shifting my farming closer to the water and will probably use winter to completely refigure my approach: the farms will be on the bottom tiers and the land around the house oriented more toward stuff that isn't water-intensive. I'm also using this save to focus on villagers who I only friend last in my other saves, like Sebastian and Maru. I haven't yet convinced myself to make this save my Joja-route save, but I'm close.

Farming

Sodbuster
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.
Started a new save, in year 1 summer. Just bought a pomegranate tree and getting fishing level 10 soon

I'm working on my first Four Corners farm, which is also my first themed farm (four seasons). I put a grange display in my Fall quadrant, but now I have to decide what all to put in it. In the center, I have the golden pumpkin from the Spirit's Eve festival, I also put in a dino egg since this farmer keeps finding them for some reason, and a nautical shell that Sebastian gave the farmer for the Feast of the Winter Star. No idea what to put for the other six spaces. I also seem to be having an issue with a fish pond that's not producing any roe for some reason. I have Robin building another pond, but once that's done, I think I'll move it and then move it back and see it that fixes it.

ArtifactSpot

I'm working on my first Four Corners farm, which is also my first themed farm (four seasons). I put a grange display in my Fall quadrant, but now I have to decide what all to put in it. In the center, I have the golden pumpkin from the Spirit's Eve festival, I also put in a dino egg since this farmer keeps finding them for some reason, and a nautical shell that Sebastian gave the farmer for the Feast of the Winter Star. No idea what to put for the other six spaces. I also seem to be having an issue with a fish pond that's not producing any roe for some reason. I have Robin building another pond, but once that's done, I think I'll move it and then move it back and see it that fixes it.
So creative! I’d love to see a screenshot of your 4 corners/4 seasons farm! 😍

How many fish are in your fish pond? Sometimes you have to have a certain number before they produce anything. Others take several days to produce. I think once they reach full capacity it’s daily or every other day production for most. If these things aren’t the issue I’m not sure. Could be a bug I guess. See if putting the pond in another quadrant doesn’t help too. Do you mind if I ask which type of fish you have?

Thanks @ArtifactSpot ! Here's a screenshot I took today, at the end of Spring, year 2. I was using it to see how my lighting was working out, so it's at early evening. Next time I'm playing it, I'll grab one during the day and make a post in the showcase.
It's still a WIP but it's coming along well, I think. Upper right is Winter, upper left is Spring, bottom left is Summer, and bottom right is Fall. I'm planning to continue the ponds across the top of the Spring quadrant and put in fish that make the water blue, violet, purple, and red, sort of like egg dye. There will be a pond in the Fall quadrant too, with a slimejack to make it look like a Lazarus pit. I'll also add a slime hutch eventually.

Moving the fish pond worked! It has sturgeons in it (three of them), which I've had on a couple other farms so I knew they normally were producing already. The morning after I "moved" it, I got my first roe from them. ^_^ Thanks for all the information though! I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

ArtifactSpot

That’s so beautiful 😍, especially at night! I really love this idea! And I’m glad you’re pond is working again.

I cant believe how creative people are here. It’s inspiring. Although I admit I am quite jealous as I am so uncreative lol. ☺

That’s so beautiful 😍, especially at night! I really love this idea! And I’m glad you’re pond is working again.

I cant believe how creative people are here. It’s inspiring. Although I admit I am quite jealous as I am so uncreative lol. ☺
Thanks so much! I was inspired by Someone_else's river farm here. They made a lawn flamingo and mini candy cane fence for their animal pen, and as soon as I saw it, I started thinking of a four seasons farm. I had been wanting to give Four Corners a shot and it seemed perfect to combine them.

None of my previous farms have been themed. They've all been designed with function in mind. If you keep looking at ideas you like, it's only a matter of time until inspiration strikes!

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

I finally did the math and realized that I need about 3000 hay to get through the winter. Yikes? Guess I'm going to be making Marnie rich ...
How many animals do you have?

ETA: I see that you’re a bunny lover, how many are bunnies?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
How many animals do you have?

ETA: I see that you’re a bunny lover, how many are bunnies?
There are eighty-four rabbits (seven coops), plus one coop of non-rabbits, and one barn. I'm considering building another coop and selling a few chickens to make it an even hundred. But that would mean even MORE hay.

ETA: Did you know that if you do nothing but hold down the A button to continue buying hay, your switch can trigger the auto shut-off feature? I did not know this. I thought my game crashed!

Last edited:
I had a great time with my Orbeez gun in my game today! I launch on a mission to explore a magical world full of animated creatures and hidden treasures. However, things turned out unexpectedly when my Orbeez gun was not shooing due to a battery problem.

It added an interesting challenge to the game, and I had to be creative to find clever solutions and keep the adventure going. Despite a few hiccups, I thoroughly enjoyed guiding the game world, solving puzzles, and making new friends. It was an unforgettable day of gaming, full of wonders and exciting problem-solving!

Last edited:
There are eighty-four rabbits (seven coops), plus one coop of non-rabbits, and one barn. I'm considering building another coop and selling a few chickens to make it an even hundred. But that would mean even MORE hay.

ETA: Did you know that if you do nothing but hold down the A button to continue buying hay, your switch can trigger the auto shut-off feature? I did not know this. I thought my game crashed!
Wow, that's a lot of rabbits. How long does it take to pet all of them?
I usually have 12-16 animals, l plus the dog. I think 20 is the most I've ever had on one farm.

ArtifactSpot

Wowzers that’s a lot of bunnies! How much gold do they bring in for you, or is it more just for fun.

I read on another post you have IRL bunnies too. How many irl ones? I used to have Guinea Pigs and hamsters. Love small furry creatures. 😍