1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

So, I've wrapped up Year 4. The winter proved useful. Not only did I alter the farm's layout in a way to make it less stressful and more productive (the former being most important), but I was able to build a shed and then begin putting it to work. I've filled my cellar with casks, and the shed is halfway filled with kegs. I just keep forgetting to buy more ore from Clint. Right now my puzzle is why I don't have access to Clint's ore-breaking device, when I do in another save that I haven't played nearly as much of. Right now I'm a third of the way into spring and am enjoying the improved layout: I no longer have animals constantly underfoot. I do not think much of the dehydrator: it takes five fruits to produce anything, whereas the kegs and preserves jars only need one. Maybe it's a special-use thing: grapes appear to be more useful as raisins...

Draconifors

Planter
Finished some community center bundles, and all of the remaining ones are now accessible. I got lucky with remixed bundles, and did not get the animal, dye, or enchanter's bundles. Which means I don't need to get more animals just to complete bundles, since I can get a truffle for the chef's bundle from the traveling cart if I get lucky.
I do need to upgrade my coop so I can hatch my dino egg, but I would want the autofeed system anyway.

Had a strange experience with help wanted quests. One day, Willy wanted someone to catch 2 Largemouth Bass. Simple enough, so I accepted the quest. Didn't get the fish on the same day, though -- and the following day, the exact same quest was on the noticeboard. I accepted that, too, and proceeded to catch the two fish. Both quests updated, I turned both of them in to Willy, and got paid twice. Even got a prize ticket. Rather convenient! :D

Proof:
Double quest.jpg

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I'm actually having a lot of fun on a hill-top farm with remixed community center bundles - two things I swore I'd never use. It didn't take that long to upgrade the axe to clear stumps away. So far, the new bundles look like fun and nothing terrible has been requested (the main reason I avoided remixed bundles was fear of getting difficult fish requests). The main problem is that the terrace layout and the dividing river really eat into available pasture space. I'll have to unlock the greenhouse so I can stop planting crops outside before I can spam rabbit coops.

Jayamos

Farmer
The main problem is that the terrace layout and the dividing river really eat into available pasture space. I'll have to unlock the greenhouse so I can stop planting crops outside before I can spam rabbit coops.
FWIW the animals will cross bridges and go up and down stairs, so if there’s pasture nearby they’ll find it—though it’s true that the river and hillsides take up a lot of tiles. (I had to put up a gate so the pigs wouldn’t get into the Dino area.) But you could incrementally add coops while getting the greenhouse done.

Old Man Tab

Planter
What i cannot understand is that i put a peanut in a preserves jar and it took place

I was disappointed when i found out that it was pickled peanuts instead of peanut butter

Because the preserves jar turns all fruit in jelly/jam

Im not upset at all.just confused (no offence)

Rancher
Not much for me, as I stepped down from Stardew a bit to play other games, but anyways.

- Did my umpteenth Raccoon request and still have not unlocked the achievement. I'm starting to think this guy is just trying to make me his slave :hmph:
- I'm still on the hunt for that one secret note that will get me the last golden walnut (and the ostrich egg that comes with it), and I still have ONE mineral left to complete the museum, despite breaking open all the omni-geodes I can get my hands on. Between these and the Dwarf scroll I that I got well after the others (and only by tilling dirt, no luck with monster drops), RNG has been not the nicest to me on this particular game.
- Danger in the Deep finally showed up on Qi's quest log, yay!
- And probably some other stuff as well.

That's it for now, see you in the Valley :stardrop:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Not much for me, as I stepped down from Stardew a bit to play other games, but anyways.

- Did my umpteenth Raccoon request and still have not unlocked the achievement. I'm starting to think this guy is just trying to make me his slave :hmph:
I think I had to do 8. But that doesn't mean he's not making us his slave! At least his wife sells some good stuff.

- I'm still on the hunt for that one secret note that will get me the last golden walnut (and the ostrich egg that comes with it), and I still have ONE mineral left to complete the museum, despite breaking open all the omni-geodes I can get my hands on. Between these and the Dwarf scroll I that I got well after the others (and only by tilling dirt, no luck with monster drops), RNG has been not the nicest to me on this particular game.
I had to open more than 100 Magma Geodes to get the Star Shards to finish out my Museum. Good luck! If you can use a non- Omni Geode (Magma or Frozen) the odds will be a little better.

- Danger in the Deep finally showed up on Qi's quest log, yay!
- And probably some other stuff as well.

That's it for now, see you in the Valley :stardrop:
Enjoy!

Malymin

Farmhand
I got a prismatic frog egg! It took only two re-rolls on the forge... very lucky.
I've got a special Frog Room set up to store all my frog eggs, since I prefer equipping the Fairy Box for dangerous dungeons and the Parrot Egg for easy ones:

1717273345616.png

(The prismatic frog here is the lime green one... screenshots can't really capture its ability to shift colors, you know?)
(Also, I temporarily moved the left mushroom lamp to better show the frogs... normally it's symmetrical with the right side.)​

jicem

Farmhand
Just started Year 4. My farm is doing great, and everyone in the city loves me, but I still have plenty keeping me busy. I was just stopped by a henchman in a witch's cave trying to get magic ink, and now I'm doing research on goblins. Silly me thinking in Year 1 that all I would be doing is cleaning up my grandpa's farm, chatting with townsfolk, and selling crops for money. :owo:

Rancher
After three days of spelunking in the dangerous mines, I sill cannot find out which ones are the worst between the jumping spiders that never. stay. still, the pink mushroom thingies that obscure half the screen when they're in groups or the nausea ghosts with one million health points. Holy Stardrop did levels 70 to 85 feel like a walk in the park on a sunny spring day. Lucky me that daily luck was so good while I was tredging through the jungle levels, I did not miss them. I had to forego the Night Market to make the most of it though. Sad :frown:

Maher

Planter
Farmer Trixie of Imperia farm (1.5) married Sebastian, rescued a frog, finished the community center, got autograbbers for the barn and the coop, and finished up by snagging a slimejack after getting the "I'm Afraid Of My Ex" talisman for Rasmodius so that she can go get his magic ink tomorrow, and maybe snag a void salmon along the way.

Maher

Planter
Trixie got her void salmon, Razzy's ink and teleported to his basement. When she headed back down there he said she wasn't a close enough friend to go down there. I think she needs to teleport there again, and use the shrine to dress up like his Ex. But, as gourmand frog would say, she won't.

stardew_luv

Planter
It's all good stardew_luv! I can't delete your post though I have the option delete mine, so I think you should be able to do the same to your post if you want to. I'll remove mine too.
Lew I found it thanks. I’m sorry to upset anyone I should have kept my thoughts to myself. That political type talk is not allowed here for good reason.

Maher

Planter
After three days of spelunking in the dangerous mines, I sill cannot find out which ones are the worst between the jumping spiders that never. stay. still, the pink mushroom thingies that obscure half the screen when they're in groups or the nausea ghosts with one million health points.
For me, it's the squid in the ocean levels.

Draconifors

Planter
Decided to give the beach farm a try, and it is awesome.

The farm genuinely feels like its own little world, it's so different from all of the surrounding areas.
The ocean view all around the farm is a much bigger pro than the lack of sprinkler-able area is a con. Not to mention supply crates, foraging, and fishing. I also like the unique default location of the greenhouse.

This time around I decided to start befriending Robin, Demetrius, and Maru right away, because I like all of them and I'm a scientist myself. Also they live nearby and the house is accessible until 8 pm. And, yes, one reason is that I know Robin will occasionally send me wood, which is always a welcome resource. I will eventually romance Maru.

I named the farm Sandsquirt farm, after the creature that's in my avatar.