1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Lew Zealand

Helper
The belts in Imperia Farm's mill are made of mummy wrappings!
I haven't gotten a Mill since my first SDV save as I just don't see the purpose. I guess I haven't used Milled Rice for anything or maybe just bought it from Pierre the 2 times I needed it for Cooking?

However the Mill does serve the purpose of making it look like you've planted model airplanes on your Farm to grow into crop dusters by the end of the year. Such a shame their wings never mature into full size heavier-than-air machines but I can only assume it's because I haven't planted one when married to Maru. If she could get MarILDA to the stars, she can probs get a glorified glider airborne long enough to sell one to Harvey.

Maher

Planter
I haven't gotten a Mill since my first SDV save as I just don't see the purpose. I guess I haven't used Milled Rice for anything or maybe just bought it from Pierre the 2 times I needed it for Cooking?
I love my mill. I grow 144 sheaves of wheat on the GI farm. The 57 bundles of hay that yields every four days is a lifeline for the livestock in winter. Then the wheat gets milled, baked into bread, and sold. It's way less time consuming than kegging wheat for beer.

VampireCake

Farmer
I got Alex as a vendor in the Desert Festival on both day 2 and day 3. I ended up buying four magic hair gels to use up my calico eggs. 😆 I really wish they'd carry over to the next year - the golden tags from the trout derby do. (I'm not sure if that's a bug, I hope it's not as I like collecting them. They're shiny.)

I highly recommend making a checklist if you enjoy doing a variety of stuff at the desert festival, btw. I have stuff to tick off for each day and then the once-per-festival things like the free 'Cactis'. (Anyone else think some of the faces on those look like various townspeople? I swear two of mine look like Lewis and Sandy....)

Rancher
Since I'm still unable to go over my frustration regarding the elusive secret note, I figured I might as well play some Junimo Kart. I started in progression mode (which I do not like, but I thought it might be the best choice to start), made it to the slime level twice, and then after being fed up with replaying Crumblig Cavern time and again, I switched to Endless, which I seem to be somewhat more consistent at, and reached the fourth stage when I got killed by an unavoidable obstacle. It does confirm what I thought some years ago: Progression is just Endless but worse. I'll probably stick to Endless for now. Probably my best bet for reaching Red Hot Rollercoaster. Why this map in particular? Because it looks awesome to play that's why.

Also, Crumbling Caverns can take their falling boulders and stick them where the sun doens't shine. And those elevated rails that mess up your jumps. And the waterfalls that obcure the game. And the tiny scaffolds that are super akward to navigate. Why is the first level of the game so absurdly hard?

Maher

Planter
Trixie:
  • Opened up the dangerous mines
  • Got the slime charmer ring
  • Built a few more crystalaria
  • Kicked Sebastian to the curb Hey. Look at me. Never forget that I love you... you're everything to me. Now go make us some money. was the kicker.

This happened like 2 weeks ago, but I'd thought I'd bring it up. I am playing Stardew v1.6.8 + Stardew Expanded v1.14.45 + Ridgeside Village 2.5.13 and I had spoken to a kid from Ridgeside Village named Keahi enough times that I had gotten to 2 hearts with him. So the next game day, when I take the Cable Car to Ridgeside, Keahi greets me and tells me how much he appreciates hard-working farmers, ending the conversation with a friendly pat on the back.

However, for the rest of the day, all the villagers from both Ridgeside and Pelican Town commented on how much I stink with some of them telling me that I need a bath pronto! After speaking to 3 people from Ridgeside, I had caught on that Keahi had had something to do with it. I could have gotten angry at him, but I had decided to burn the rest of the day talking to as many people as I could to get their reactions to my "new smell". I had never laughed so hard at a video game! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The only people that I didn't get a chance to talk to after Keahi's 2-heart event were Abigail and the Wizard. Also, "oddly enough", the friendly new residents in Pelican Town like Sophia, Olivia, Victor, and Claire from Stardew Expanded didn't seem to mind my "new smell" :toothy:

The next game day, even though my Farmer doesn't remember ever taking a bath, the "new smell" had magically vanished!

Ever since that day, I have always made it a priority to give Keahi a Loved Gift every day I could so that I could see more of this kid's heart events! :happy:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

However the Mill does serve the purpose of making it look like you've planted model airplanes on your Farm to grow into crop dusters by the end of the year. Such a shame their wings never mature into full size heavier-than-air machines but I can only assume it's because I haven't planted one when married to Maru. If she could get MarILDA to the stars, she can probs get a glorified glider airborne long enough to sell one to Harvey.
I've gotten it only really a single time and it was when I made a huge wheat field farm, I love the aesthetic of huge wheat fields for some reason and having them line some rustic looking paths is a treat

Just started fall in year 2 in one of my side farms:
- got 100 golden walnuts to unlock the qi room (trying to ship 500 qi beans now)
- got the movie theater
- child finally grew up all the way!
- got the swift enhancement on my pickaxe
- bought the cinder clown shoes to hear the jingle when 1.6 comes!