1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Wow, that's a lot of rabbits. How long does it take to pet all of them?
I usually have 12-16 animals, l plus the dog. I think 20 is the most I've ever had on one farm.
I timed myself on a sunny day with +1 speed, and it took about 2.5 hours. This is with me running through the field of grass all over the farm, because I spread out the coops so they'll all have plenty of grass to eat. I also don't fence them in, since I think it's hilarious to see rabbits rampaging all over the land.

Wowzers that’s a lot of bunnies! How much gold do they bring in for you, or is it more just for fun.

I read on another post you have IRL bunnies too. How many irl ones? I used to have Guinea Pigs and hamsters. Love small furry creatures. 😍
It is definitely for fun rather than profit; I realized after a few games that there is absolutely nothing stopping me from filling the entire farm with coops full of rabbits. (People have barns full of pigs and coops of golden chickens; if I want rabbits, I can totally have rabbits!) Plus, I'm trying to see how many (fake) feet I can accumulate. I sell off the wool and cloth at intervals, but the fields of ancient fruit pull in more money.

Currently, I have five bunnies! My oldest is 9-10 years and surprisingly affectionate. I don't know nearly as much about guinea pigs - my coworker has one, but they are so different medically from rabbits.

Last edited:

farmer-ys

Cowpoke
I have been trying to redesign my farm but I am waiting for some of my crops to finish growing so that I can shift the sprinklers elsewhere.

I also have some trouble with a lack of stone due to building paths.

Well my in game this week I learned here that the purple sea urchins will wear hats. So then I tried it as I have several aquariums in my home and it’s absolutely adorable! 😍
I've never put an urchin in any of my tanks before but now I have one wearing a squire's helmet and it's adorable. I put in a crab to be his noble steed and a midnight squid to be the kaiju he's battling. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

DragonGwen

Farmer
I agree that they are cute and silly but they are also ALOT annoying, especially when they give you that slimy effect that slows you down.
Slime charmer. My 14 year file has perfection and I've got the ring always equipped, so I just go to the mines to blow off steam

ArtifactSpot

I like slimes. They look cute and make a satisfying sound when I one shot them
Me too! I keep them as pets compliments of my slime charmer ring. I do hate the look of the ones with the sunglasses. I’m glad they don’t drop slime eggs lol!

Yes the splat noise and visual effect are nice too 😅

ArtifactSpot

I've never put an urchin in any of my tanks before but now I have one wearing a squire's helmet and it's adorable. I put in a crab to be his noble steed and a midnight squid to be the kaiju he's battling. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^
How cool! That’s an adorable combo going. I just learned it from these forums. 95% of all I’ve discovered about SDV is here in the forums and the wiki. The other 5% was learned through a bajillion play throughs, trial and error and accidental discovery.

DragonGwen

Farmer
Me too! I keep them as pets compliments of my slime charmer ring. I do hate the look of the ones with the sunglasses. I’m glad they don’t drop slime eggs lol!

Yes the splat noise and visual effect are nice too 😅
*Whistles* nothing going on just splatting some slimes with me infinity sword

How cool! That’s an adorable combo going. I just learned it from these forums. 95% of all I’ve discovered about SDV is here in the forums and the wiki. The other 5% was learned through a bajillion play throughs, trial and error and accidental discovery.
It's in the same save with the Eliot bedroom/bathroom you saw. Maybe it'll inspire his next book?
Everything I know about Stardew Valley has either been learned through trial and error or these forums, too. I even have the physical PS4 version with the booklet but just went ahead and played through blind the first time. Definitely a fun experience!

Abby on Floor 20 of the Dangerous Mines.jpg

Just a few minutes ago, while undertaking a Danger in the Deep Quest, I found my wife Abby somehow got down here even though the elevator was out of commission.

A while back, she also pulled me out of the very last levels of the Dangerous Mines after I miscalculated and lost all my health once.

The places that Abby can go I tell you.

UPDATE: She got home before me. Is her Wizard heritage giving her teleportation abilities?

Abby Back Home from the Mines.jpg

Last edited:

Maher

Sodbuster
Four candle initial evaluation on a Joja save where I didn't plant a single seed until 26 Winter of year 1.

angelquenn23

Greenhorn
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.
That sounds like an exciting and productive journey on Peacefield Farm! It's impressive that you've achieved so much in just your second year. Getting to the bottom of the mines, expanding your house, building a barn with cows, and tackling overgrowth show great progress. Your plans for a silo, coop expansion for duck eggs, and exploring cooking sound like excellent next steps.

On my main farm I'm working on transforming the railroad into a slime area, my Ginger Island farm, the quarry mine into a place for sap and kegs, the desert in a tree farm (just letting them grow wild) and building stuff on my main farm. All I need is some fish ponds then I'm done with it for now!

On my main farm I'm working on transforming the railroad into a slime area, my Ginger Island farm, the quarry mine into a place for sap and kegs, the desert in a tree farm (just letting them grow wild) and building stuff on my main farm. All I need is some fish ponds then I'm done with it for now!
Turning the railroad into a slime habitat is such a good idea. All I ever do is plant trees up there!

Quirinea

Farmer
Just got from the Statue of Endless Fortune an item that should't exist in my game. I was using my Distillery mod that has items for RSV and Walk to the Desert -- but I don't have RSV installed on this run. And I got a bottle of Aged Red KIrsch -- that is one of Pam's favourites. Heh.