1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Spent some quality time with Emily discussing house design ideas and making plans.

evening.PNG

Did another Skull Cavern hungry run to Floor 100 and got 4 more Prizzy Shards from the bombfest afterwards. Interesting observation: it was a Neutral Luck day but I used Lucky Lunch instead of Spicy Eel and saw fewer Iridium nodes (ended up with <200 Iridium Ore for Dyeing) but got like 10 Treasure rooms!

Couple Hats, regular stuffs... and another Auto-Grabber. I dropped it in disgust.

That blasted thing better be grabbing the tails of every Flying Serpent as they swoosh by but with my luck they probably appreciate the chiropractic back straightening. Whatever, if it makes them less moody then I guess it's a good thing.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Spent some quality time with Emily discussing house design ideas and making plans.
Nook too smol.

studio.PNG

In progress, much will change and there will be actual outfits that makes sense more than just the top row. I'm just in the middle of getting everything out to see what I got and there's still loads in Dressers. 3 days of moving and planning and like an in-game hour just to make sure the rest of the Farm doesn't collapse. I ran out of Hay, oops! Unhappy Barn animals but the Coop was OK, and magically Marnie was in her shop so we're good thru the end of Winter.

Putting off a 4 Prizzy Shard Qi Challenge but will need 2 days because sometimes I only get 3 in the Dank Hole of Old Noggins.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Got my 4 Prizzy Shards in one run so I don't need to go back, whew! Also hired some farmhand who's gonna help me out in the Barn with the Ostriches, found him chillin' in one of the Treasure Rooms with a giant purple Slime. Says he's good with his hands, name's Otto Pettr or something like that.

One Friday Emms says she's gonna help out Gus in the Saloon. Sounds great hun, kiss and see you later tonight. But then on the way back from the Bookseller, I see her heading north along the River West of the Park. OK gotta see what's up, I've never seen this before. Mosey up next to her looking out over the river and say Hi, to which I receive:

Canneloni.PNG

Bobbi mouth open, no sound. Emily kisses Bobbi gently on her nose and turns back to the burbling river with a light snow settling all around in silence, perhaps the tiniest of little smiles sneaking it's way out from the corner of her lips.

peaceful_contemplation.PNG

2 wives contemplate the peacefulness of the Valley in Winter.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Got my 4 Prizzy Shards in one run so I don't need to go back, whew! Also hired some farmhand who's gonna help me out in the Barn with the Ostriches, found him chillin' in one of the Treasure Rooms with a giant purple Slime. Says he's good with his hands, name's Otto Pettr or something like that.

One Friday Emms says she's gonna help out Gus in the Saloon. Sounds great hun, kiss and see you later tonight. But then on the way back from the Bookseller, I see her heading north along the River West of the Park. OK gotta see what's up, I've never seen this before. Mosey up next to her looking out over the river and say Hi, to which I receive:

View attachment 22394

Bobbi mouth open, no sound. Emily kisses Bobbi gently on her nose and turns back to the burbling river with a light snow settling all around in silence, perhaps the tiniest of little smiles sneaking its way out from the corner of her lips.

View attachment 22395

2 wives contemplate the peacefulness of the Valley in Winter.
Congrats on the autopetter!

Bawby

Planter
Juggling a few farms at the moment. My wife and I have more money in our pockets at HomeSweetHome Farm than my first solo farm. Though, admittedly there are a few more towers and a clock there, but doesn't matter! Progress!

I occasionally return to Buzzard Farm, the original, because I miss Emily and the kids, Bawbie and Bort.

Saltage Farm is chugging right along. Congratulations are in order for Morris. He secured excellent prices and service to the Valley despite heavy resistance.
20240421_110712.jpg

I think I'm overdoing it with the mass Ancient Fruit production.

I only have 2 fully upgraded big sheds loaded with kegs at the moment, working on number 3. Not much room to make any more sheds without causing an eye sore on my main farm.

Sheds: The leftmost one is for preserves jars which I'll fill as I get more stone, the lower left one is for mayo, cloth, and cheese, and I need a LOT more of those machines to catch up with the cracker output, and the middle 3 are for kegs.

BTW, now that napalm rings no longer cause collateral damage, there's a lot less harm in turning on the Dark Shrine of Night Terrors.
Umbra_4-22-2024_23939575.png

Umbra_4-22-2024_25026139.png

Who knows? Maybe if I still don't produce enough wine fast enough, I'll start turning everything into dried fruit.

IIRC before the table on the wiki got deleted, it's only iridium quality fruit that loses value when dried after Artisan is chosen and I only use quality fertilizers for repeating veggies now. I save as much fruit as I can for processing.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I've been playing the Beach Farm in Stardew Valley -- I think it's the only one I've not tried yet. The inability to use sprinklers on most of the map really curbed my usual expansion policy, but at the end of year one I think I've done well. Steel watering can, pick, and axe; upgraded house plus a coop, salmon pond, and upgraded barn. House increasingly full of preserving jars and three kegs. I'm trying to operate under the rule of never sell raw anything (food excepting): eggs out as mayo or fried eggs, milk as cheese, honey as mead, etc. Community center has 2 rooms done, the only remaining one being the pantry (I didn't get quite enough gold star pumpkins in fall) the money one, and the fish tank. All I need is a pufferfish for the tank, but I didn't fish up ANY last summer. I'm not going to beat my record for fastest community center completion (Y2 S3), but considering how limiting the beach farm is I think that's pretty good. Also on the verge of marrying Leah once it turns Sunday and I can give her salad to get the last heart.

Last edited:

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
This week I took and old very advanced file so I could experience the end game things and I found the cave of mastery and found out that my “lovely” grandfather left even more work and expectations for me to do for his farm. Also my “lovely” grandfather left me his best tools, recipes and secrets for improving his farm further hidden in this cave when he left me his crappiest tools for me to start off with and upgrade 4 times each with my own hard earned money. Is this some kind of twisted joke? I’m having second thoughts about my grandfathers good name and legacy now. 😕

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Nook too smol.

View attachment 22376

In progress, much will change and there will be actual outfits that makes sense more than just the top row. I'm just in the middle of getting everything out to see what I got and there's still loads in Dressers. 3 days of moving and planning and like an in-game hour just to make sure the rest of the Farm doesn't collapse. I ran out of Hay, oops! Unhappy Barn animals but the Coop was OK, and magically Marnie was in her shop so we're good thru the end of Winter.

Putting off a 4 Prizzy Shard Qi Challenge but will need 2 days because sometimes I only get 3 in the Dank Hole of Old Noggins.
Are those all haunted mannequins? 😯 I do love your decor and clothing themed house for ems.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Are those all haunted mannequins? 😯 I do love your decor and clothing themed house for ems.
Thanks! :blush: No, currently there's only one Haunted Maq and it'll probably stay that way as I'm not interested in grinding for another. And it still goes for a stroll overnight about once a week.

These are the standard ones that can be bought from Sandy at The Oasis. There are M and F versions but I only have the F ones so far as, sure it'd be great to have the M versions of some Shirts, but then that's a tease as I'd never be able to wear them. If you want to use the Maqs for swapping outfits, especially with as little space as I've given them, it can be a bit of a pain as there's much removing Clothes into the inventory and exchanging with the Maq if one doesn't swap the right way. It's all worth it though for fashion! I'm already swapping outfits more often than ever and it's great. One way to drive more fun with this is to visit Sandy every day as she has a different Shirt on sale each day so I buy and wear it back home and then choose Pants/Dress and Hat/Shoes to go with it when I get there. As it's Spring now, my pre-made and -dyed collection of Skirts is already coming in handy!

Emily has expressed how much she likes the house and she's rapidly becoming my favorite spouse in the game so far but that's not fair as I believe v1.6 has added new dialog, so I should play a Season or 3 of the other saves too to compare.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Thanks! :blush: No, currently there's only one Haunted Maq and it'll probably stay that way as I'm not interested in grinding for another. And it still goes for a stroll overnight about once a week.

These are the standard ones that can be bought from Sandy at The Oasis. There are M and F versions but I only have the F ones so far as, sure it'd be great to have the M versions of some Shirts, but then that's a tease as I'd never be able to wear them. If you want to use the Maqs for swapping outfits, especially with as little space as I've given them, it can be a bit of a pain as there's much removing Clothes into the inventory and exchanging with the Maq if one doesn't swap the right way. It's all worth it though for fashion! I'm already swapping outfits more often than ever and it's great. One way to drive more fun with this is to visit Sandy every day as she has a different Shirt on sale each day so I buy and wear it back home and then choose Pants/Dress and Hat/Shoes to go with it when I get there. As it's Spring now, my pre-made and -dyed collection of Skirts is already coming in handy!

Emily has expressed how much she likes the house and she's rapidly becoming my favorite spouse in the game so far but that's not fair as I believe v1.6 has added new dialog, so I should play a Season or 3 of the other saves too to compare.
Wow! That’s so cool! I change outfits like once a season lol, sometimes less. I have absolutely no fashion sense but you and ems obviously do!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm trying to operate under the rule of never sell raw anything (food excepting):
Ooo good rule!
eggs out as mayo or fried eggs, milk as cheese, honey as mead, etc.
Oh.

Hm. Yes, I see it now. You can process things that way too, I should try that to see what happens.

Usually for me it's:

Egg as Overalls
L. Milk as Sleveless Overalls
Honey as Simple Dress
Ancient Froot as Genie Pants
Strawberry as Farmer Pants
Fairy Rose as Long Dress
Pumpkin for a nice Button-down Shirt
Melon as Shorts
Cauliflower as a drop-neck Shirt with belt
Chanterelle as Orange Shirt
L. Goat Milk as Dark Blue Shirt
Cactusfroot as off-the-shoulder '80s Shirt
Salmonberry as awesome Red Shirt with belt
Magic Rock Candy as Magic Sprinkle Shirt
Wool as STUPID UNDYEABLE White Shirt, also exactly the same as no Shirt
Red Cabbage as Tank Top (OMG you can DYE it!)
Wheat as dyeable Crop Tank for Summer coolness
Blackberry as Black Overalls over Dark Blue Shirt (nice!)
Void Egg as superawesome Black Shirt with Red neck

ALL

with the same Machine and zero processing time.